Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A question regarding race/ethnicity and haplogroups

Regular Member Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    Mate, you're wrong in so many levels. It appears that you're not from Albania but from diaspora. You simply assumed that North=Blonde and South=Brunet. COMPLETELY WRONG! If anything, there's more blondes in South than North. And being blonde doesn't make you Albanian, on the contrary it could mean you have Gothic/Norman/Slavic admix. Not always, depending on the features weather you're roundish (Slavic) or kinda Germanic, but not Noric (blonde Dinaric) which is local.
    ShinyDust looks like from Mirdita because that's how they look usually, nothing to do with blondes.
    The stories are that Mirditors were elite soldiers during Ottoman times (fact) and that they brought non-Albanian brides when they came back from wars (claim). On the other hand, what's a fact is that they did marry Muslim Dibrans with the condition to convert them to Catholicism.
    @Shiny, if you're surname is Kola I might know one of your cousins that looks a lot like you XD
    What are you on about?

There are far more blonde albanians than south slavs, do your research. The typical serbian look is probably Djokovic or Ibrahim Presevic who actually plays for Kosovo. You find very little r1b in serbians but around 20% in albanians. Yes, I agree that maybe some blonde/ginger genes came to albanians from celts, germans etc but it didn't come from South slavs, you must be mixing them with west slavs like polish, different tribes

Albanians became MORE black haired after South Slavic invasion due to the small mix
    Last edited by ShpataEMadhe; 20-11-19 at 23:58.

Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsThree Friends

Level
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I wish I knew :/
    MtDNA haplogroup
    MtDNA is irrelevant

Ethnic group
    Illyrian

Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    Mate, you're wrong in so many levels. It appears that you're not from Albania but from diaspora. You simply assumed that North=Blonde and South=Brunet. COMPLETELY WRONG! If anything, there's more blondes in South than North. And being blonde doesn't make you Albanian, on the contrary it could mean you have Gothic/Norman/Slavic admix. Not always, depending on the features weather you're roundish (Slavic) or kinda Germanic, but not Noric (blonde Dinaric) which is local.

ShinyDust looks like from Mirdita because that's how they look usually, nothing to do with blondes.

The stories are that Mirditors were elite soldiers during Ottoman times (fact) and that they brought non-Albanian brides when they came back from wars (claim). On the other hand, what's a fact is that they did marry Muslim Dibrans with the condition to convert them to Catholicism.

@Shiny, if you're surname is Kola I might know one of your cousins that looks a lot like you XD
    @Nik
    Hello there, pardon for my late and delayed reply. Been busy with stuff lately.
    I'm not entirely sure about whether they took foreign brides or not but yes they did marry the dibrans in a village called Lure/Lura.
    No my last name isn't Kola. It's Gjoka actually.
    But it's a fairly common last name here so not two Gjokas might be related haha.
    Is there anything else you would want to know from me?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12