Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: A question regarding race/ethnicity and haplogroups

  1. #1
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsThree Friends

    Join Date
    14-01-17
    Location
    Tirana
    Age
    19
    Posts
    23
    Points
    2,346
    Level
    13
    Points: 2,346, Level: 13
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I wish I knew :/
    MtDNA haplogroup
    MtDNA is irrelevant

    Ethnic group
    Illyrian
    Country: Albania



    Question A question regarding race/ethnicity and haplogroups

    Hello there folks.
    I'm a new member here who got fascinated by ancestry, haplogroups, ancient civilizations, Indo Europeans etc etc. I registered on the boards two years ago but became inactive because I forgot about such things altogether.
    First off, I apologise if I am posting this in the wrong section or if I'm asking for something that's hard to give a definite answer to.
    I will upload some pictures at the end of this thread. I am Albanian but can someone confirm what do I look more racially close to? Mediterranean, Middle Eastern or Eastern European?
    Can anyone whos acquainted with such stuff do a "face reading" of my face and tell me what I look like more.
    Oh, by the way, does Y haplogroups influence looks and skull shape? Could I be of the R1b or of the J2a/b haplogroup.
    Unfortunately I don't know my exact haplogroup as DNA testing isn't available here.
    On a last note. Does this dyed red hair look good on me?
    Here's the image guys.
    http://imgur.com/a/YqNgJk6IMG

  2. #2
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Dibran's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-09-16
    Posts
    815
    Points
    13,164
    Level
    34
    Points: 13,164, Level: 34
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Overall activity: 9.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-L1029*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2*-146+

    Ethnic group
    Albanian/Gheg/Dibran/Okshtun
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by shinyDust View Post
    Hello there folks.
    I'm a new member here who got fascinated by ancestry, haplogroups, ancient civilizations, Indo Europeans etc etc. I registered on the boards two years ago but became inactive because I forgot about such things altogether.
    First off, I apologise if I am posting this in the wrong section or if I'm asking for something that's hard to give a definite answer to.
    I will upload some pictures at the end of this thread. I am Albanian but can someone confirm what do I look more racially close to? Mediterranean, Middle Eastern or Eastern European?
    Can anyone whos acquainted with such stuff do a "face reading" of my face and tell me what I look like more.
    Oh, by the way, does Y haplogroups influence looks and skull shape? Could I be of the R1b or of the J2a/b haplogroup.
    Unfortunately I don't know my exact haplogroup as DNA testing isn't available here.
    On a last note. Does this dyed red hair look good on me?
    Here's the image guys.
    http://imgur.com/a/YqNgJk6IMG
    Where in Albania do you currently reside? assuming you're in a isolated remote region and/or can't afford DNA testing.

    As far as looks, haplogroup has no influence over this in the long term. You can have a lineage that arrived in the middle ages from the north/east and still be genetically Albanian. Autosomal recombination can replace the original hosts DNA over time due to assimilation. Some people think it influences things like height and looks, but this largely has a number of factors genetic and otherwise determining these things.

  3. #3
    Banned Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsThree Friends

    Join Date
    21-11-10
    Posts
    459
    Points
    4,857
    Level
    20
    Points: 4,857, Level: 20
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 193
    Overall activity: 20.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>CTS9320>Z38456

    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Switzerland



    The link doesn't work so we can't really see how you look like.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsThree Friends

    Join Date
    14-01-17
    Location
    Tirana
    Age
    19
    Posts
    23
    Points
    2,346
    Level
    13
    Points: 2,346, Level: 13
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I wish I knew :/
    MtDNA haplogroup
    MtDNA is irrelevant

    Ethnic group
    Illyrian
    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    The link doesn't work so we can't really see how you look like.
    Here's the link. http://imgur.com/gallery/NftZWaJ
    I re uploaded.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsThree Friends

    Join Date
    14-01-17
    Location
    Tirana
    Age
    19
    Posts
    23
    Points
    2,346
    Level
    13
    Points: 2,346, Level: 13
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I wish I knew :/
    MtDNA haplogroup
    MtDNA is irrelevant

    Ethnic group
    Illyrian
    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    Where in Albania do you currently reside? assuming you're in a isolated remote region and/or can't afford DNA testing.

    As far as looks, haplogroup has no influence over this in the long term. You can have a lineage that arrived in the middle ages from the north/east and still be genetically Albanian. Autosomal recombination can replace the original hosts DNA over time due to assimilation. Some people think it influences things like height and looks, but this largely has a number of factors genetic and otherwise determining these things.
    Yeah right. Y and mtDNA are only a small fraction of the puzzle. Autosomal DNA plays the biggest impact here right?
    I'm in the north of albania by the way. I can afford a test but am not entirely sure whether they can ship the kits and prerequisite tools needed to conduct the test and sample collection.
    I do live in an area where both ev 13 J2b and R1b are common in high concentrations
    It's this area that stretched eastward up to western Kosovo that according to eupedia maps has the highest R1b among the peoples.
    https://ibb.co/HPkqyHR
    So.i could either be R1b J2b or ev13
    For all I know I could be i1 i2 or whatnot else.
    Yeah false assumptions won't lead me to anywhere. Look
    I ordered something online. It should be arriving by the end of this month. If it arrives safe and sound that means that they ship things to Albania.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    19-05-19
    Posts
    72
    Points
    523
    Level
    5
    Points: 523, Level: 5
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 4.0%


    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    Where in Albania do you currently reside? assuming you're in a isolated remote region and/or can't afford DNA testing.

    As far as looks, haplogroup has no influence over this in the long term. You can have a lineage that arrived in the middle ages from the north/east and still be genetically Albanian. Autosomal recombination can replace the original hosts DNA over time due to assimilation. Some people think it influences things like height and looks, but this largely has a number of factors genetic and otherwise determining these things.
    Haplogroup is the most important thing, it shows what tribe you belong to. If you have for example a country/region of 80% the same haplogroup then they WILL look similar, no doubt about it

  7. #7
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsThree Friends

    Join Date
    14-01-17
    Location
    Tirana
    Age
    19
    Posts
    23
    Points
    2,346
    Level
    13
    Points: 2,346, Level: 13
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I wish I knew :/
    MtDNA haplogroup
    MtDNA is irrelevant

    Ethnic group
    Illyrian
    Country: Albania



    Yeah right. Y haplogroups determine your forefathers ancestry and trace back your roots.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsThree Friends
    spruithean's Avatar
    Join Date
    29-08-12
    Posts
    341
    Points
    9,257
    Level
    28
    Points: 9,257, Level: 28
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Overall activity: 3.0%


    Country: Canada



    Quote Originally Posted by ShpataEMadhe View Post
    Haplogroup is the most important thing, it shows what tribe you belong to. If you have for example a country/region of 80% the same haplogroup then they WILL look similar, no doubt about it
    Not really. That is something far more dynamic than haplogroups IMO. If you are referring to specific family groups being determined through Y-DNA then sure, this has been shown in many surname DNA projects, but entire tribes? I'm not so sure.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsThree Friends

    Join Date
    14-01-17
    Location
    Tirana
    Age
    19
    Posts
    23
    Points
    2,346
    Level
    13
    Points: 2,346, Level: 13
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I wish I knew :/
    MtDNA haplogroup
    MtDNA is irrelevant

    Ethnic group
    Illyrian
    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by spruithean View Post
    Not really. That is something far more dynamic than haplogroups IMO. If you are referring to specific family groups being determined through Y-DNA then sure, this has been shown in many surname DNA projects, but entire tribes? I'm not so sure.
    True enough.

    Hey, based on what I uploaded above. Do I look like a typical southern European or middle Eastern?

  10. #10
    Regular Member Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    19-05-19
    Posts
    72
    Points
    523
    Level
    5
    Points: 523, Level: 5
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 4.0%


    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by shinyDust View Post
    True enough.
    Hey, based on what I uploaded above. Do I look like a typical southern European or middle Eastern?
    Hard to say with the hair, I'd say you look italian, bulgarian etc. I'm not sure what a typical southern european is anymore, there are quite a few blondes who easily fit into all northern european countries and also some who look middle eastern so it's a difficult question to answer. A lot of countries today are very mixed

    When you look around your area what would you say most men look like? Northern albania is an area that seems to have less mixing than most, in particular North West

  11. #11
    Banned Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsThree Friends

    Join Date
    21-11-10
    Posts
    459
    Points
    4,857
    Level
    20
    Points: 4,857, Level: 20
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 193
    Overall activity: 20.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>CTS9320>Z38456

    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Switzerland



    1 members found this post helpful.
    You look more like you're from Gjirokastra or Vlora than North Albania, so that means you could be from Mirdita.

  12. #12
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsThree Friends

    Join Date
    14-01-17
    Location
    Tirana
    Age
    19
    Posts
    23
    Points
    2,346
    Level
    13
    Points: 2,346, Level: 13
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I wish I knew :/
    MtDNA haplogroup
    MtDNA is irrelevant

    Ethnic group
    Illyrian
    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    You look more like you're from Gjirokastra or Vlora than North Albania, so that means you could be from Mirdita.
    Haha yes I'm from the Mirdita region, from the city Rreshen.
    What do you know anything in particular about them.
    Why do they look like southern Albanians like in giirokastra and vlora regions.
    Do you know what are the most common haplogroups here in Mirdita?

  13. #13
    Regular Member Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    19-05-19
    Posts
    72
    Points
    523
    Level
    5
    Points: 523, Level: 5
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 4.0%


    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    You look more like you're from Gjirokastra or Vlora than North Albania, so that means you could be from Mirdita.
    Not sure about gjirokaster but most vlonjatet look northern

    Igli Tare makes even northern europeans look African haha

    https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-8wqXxD_yb...0/Untitled.jpg

  14. #14
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsThree Friends

    Join Date
    14-01-17
    Location
    Tirana
    Age
    19
    Posts
    23
    Points
    2,346
    Level
    13
    Points: 2,346, Level: 13
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I wish I knew :/
    MtDNA haplogroup
    MtDNA is irrelevant

    Ethnic group
    Illyrian
    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by ShpataEMadhe View Post
    Hard to say with the hair, I'd say you look italian, bulgarian etc. I'm not sure what a typical southern european is anymore, there are quite a few blondes who easily fit into all northern european countries and also some who look middle eastern so it's a difficult question to answer. A lot of countries today are very mixed

    When you look around your area what would you say most men look like? Northern albania is an area that seems to have less mixing than most, in particular North West
    Right I shouldn't have painted my hair red.
    Did some editing to bring back the natural colour.
    What do I look like more now
    https://ibb.co/KySKjTZ

  15. #15
    Regular Member Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    19-05-19
    Posts
    72
    Points
    523
    Level
    5
    Points: 523, Level: 5
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 4.0%


    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by shinyDust View Post
    Haha yes I'm from the Mirdita region, from the city Rreshen.
    What do you know anything in particular about them.
    Why do they look like southern Albanians like in giirokastra and vlora regions.
    Do you know what are the most common haplogroups here in Mirdita?
    I mean why shouldn't they look like southern Albanians? What do you think is the typical southern albanian look compared to north? I've come across a lot of blonde southerns too I mean my grandad was from berat and he was blonde and I have blonde male and female cousins, aunts, uncles etc. Maybe you mean there are more jevg in the south but I don't know enough to answer this. Jevg are not albanians anyway, they are found all over the balkans

    Also Kastrioti had black hair and black beard (before it changed to grey/white) according to paintings
    Last edited by ShpataEMadhe; 08-11-19 at 12:25.

  16. #16
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsThree Friends

    Join Date
    14-01-17
    Location
    Tirana
    Age
    19
    Posts
    23
    Points
    2,346
    Level
    13
    Points: 2,346, Level: 13
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I wish I knew :/
    MtDNA haplogroup
    MtDNA is irrelevant

    Ethnic group
    Illyrian
    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by ShpataEMadhe View Post
    I mean why shouldn't they look like southern Albanians? What do you think is the typical southern albanian look compared to north? I've come across a lot of blonde southerns too I mean my grandad was from berat and he was blonde and I have blonde male and female cousins, aunts, uncles etc. Maybe you mean there are more jevg in the south but I don't know enough to answer this. Jevg are not albanians anyway

    Also Kastrioti had black hair and black beard (before it changed to grey/white) according to paintings
    I don't really think I look like a jevg. If anything i'm more Asian perhaps?
    Do I look like an Asian t you?.
    Or narrow eyes with skin folds aren't an Asian only trait

  17. #17
    Banned Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered

    Join Date
    20-10-19
    Posts
    52
    Points
    681
    Level
    6
    Points: 681, Level: 6
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Overall activity: 2.0%


    Ethnic group
    Român
    Country: Romania



    What's the deal with the needles?

  18. #18
    Regular Member Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    19-05-19
    Posts
    72
    Points
    523
    Level
    5
    Points: 523, Level: 5
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 4.0%


    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by shinyDust View Post
    I don't really think I look like a jevg. If anything i'm more Asian perhaps?
    Do I look like an Asian t you?.
    Or narrow eyes with skin folds aren't an Asian only trait
    You don't look like a jevg nor an Asian, maybe the eyes are similar but I see that you wear glasses, it could be a health thing instead of genetic. Do your parents have "Asian" eyes?

    I would say you look italian or bulgarian but again there isn't a specific look anymore for most countries

  19. #19
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsThree Friends

    Join Date
    14-01-17
    Location
    Tirana
    Age
    19
    Posts
    23
    Points
    2,346
    Level
    13
    Points: 2,346, Level: 13
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I wish I knew :/
    MtDNA haplogroup
    MtDNA is irrelevant

    Ethnic group
    Illyrian
    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by ShpataEMadhe View Post
    You don't look like a jevg nor an Asian, maybe the eyes are similar but I see that you wear glasses, it could be a health thing instead of genetic. Do your parents have "Asian" eyes?

    I would say you look italian or bulgarian but again there isn't a specific look anymore for most countries
    Actually..when you think about it.i could have some chromosome abnormality for all we know. No. Neither on any parents sides. My dad looks kinda Slavic by the way. So does my grandma. My grandpa kind of looked like a typical Italian. He reminds me of some Italian actor that can't quite remember his name.

  20. #20
    Banned Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsThree Friends

    Join Date
    21-11-10
    Posts
    459
    Points
    4,857
    Level
    20
    Points: 4,857, Level: 20
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 193
    Overall activity: 20.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>CTS9320>Z38456

    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Switzerland



    Quote Originally Posted by ShpataEMadhe View Post
    I mean why shouldn't they look like southern Albanians? What do you think is the typical southern albanian look compared to north? I've come across a lot of blonde southerns too I mean my grandad was from berat and he was blonde and I have blonde male and female cousins, aunts, uncles etc. Maybe you mean there are more jevg in the south but I don't know enough to answer this. Jevg are not albanians anyway, they are found all over the balkans

    Also Kastrioti had black hair and black beard (before it changed to grey/white) according to paintings
    Mate, you're wrong in so many levels. It appears that you're not from Albania but from diaspora. You simply assumed that North=Blonde and South=Brunet. COMPLETELY WRONG! If anything, there's more blondes in South than North. And being blonde doesn't make you Albanian, on the contrary it could mean you have Gothic/Norman/Slavic admix. Not always, depending on the features weather you're roundish (Slavic) or kinda Germanic, but not Noric (blonde Dinaric) which is local.

    ShinyDust looks like from Mirdita because that's how they look usually, nothing to do with blondes.

    The stories are that Mirditors were elite soldiers during Ottoman times (fact) and that they brought non-Albanian brides when they came back from wars (claim). On the other hand, what's a fact is that they did marry Muslim Dibrans with the condition to convert them to Catholicism.

    @Shiny, if you're surname is Kola I might know one of your cousins that looks a lot like you XD

  21. #21
    Banned Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsThree Friends

    Join Date
    21-11-10
    Posts
    459
    Points
    4,857
    Level
    20
    Points: 4,857, Level: 20
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 193
    Overall activity: 20.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>CTS9320>Z38456

    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Switzerland



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by shinyDust View Post
    Actually..when you think about it.i could have some chromosome abnormality for all we know. No. Neither on any parents sides. My dad looks kinda Slavic by the way. So does my grandma. My grandpa kind of looked like a typical Italian. He reminds me of some Italian actor that can't quite remember his name.
    No chromosome abnormality, you're going too far. But you just like many Mirditors strangely have a possibly Asia Minor admix.

    Maybe it's ancient and came with the Romans from the Middle East and settled in the Balkans like the Syrians did, or even the Mardaites (which strangely sounds similar to how Mirditors call their place in their dialect), but yDNA doesn't seem to indicate that. Perhaps a bottleneck caused the locally predominant E-V13 and J2b and maybe the looks come from the females (mtdna).

    But yes, Mirditors do have many "exotic" phenotypes besides the typical Gheg look, either Dinarics or Norics.

  22. #22
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    02-05-16
    Posts
    69
    Points
    2,475
    Level
    14
    Points: 2,475, Level: 14
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 275
    Overall activity: 8.0%


    Ethnic group
    anthropomorph
    Country: Italy



    Also my case is weird too, from Myheritage and Living Dna i obtained some expected autosomal results > 85 % 'Greek and south Italian' which obviously inclouds and the Albanian too, and less than 15% 'Balkanic' i.e South Slavic, which is quite normal taking in account the fact that i am a Tosk Albanian, but what really 'shocked' me it's that subclade I-S17250 of the Y chromosome ( which it's definitly proven that came in the Balkans with the Slavic Invasion during the VI-VIII a.d centuries !!). So i found myself with a typical paleo-Balkan autosomal heritage (anthropologically \ phenotypically a Mediterranean) and meanwhile i carry a typical Slavic north-eastern European Paternal lineage (Y chromosome), so let's say that i am 'struggling' a little bit with this fact, being a kind of genetic mish-mash, and puting me in a ambigous position concerning me Identity !!
    Attachment 11566

  23. #23
    Banned Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsThree Friends

    Join Date
    21-11-10
    Posts
    459
    Points
    4,857
    Level
    20
    Points: 4,857, Level: 20
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 193
    Overall activity: 20.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>CTS9320>Z38456

    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Switzerland



    Quote Originally Posted by exercitus View Post
    Also my case is weird too, from Myheritage and Living Dna i obtained some expected autosomal results > 85 % 'Greek and south Italian' which obviously inclouds and the Albanian too, and less than 15% 'Balkanic' i.e South Slavic, which is quite normal taking in account the fact that i am a Tosk Albanian, but what really 'shocked' me it's that subclade I-S17250 of the Y chromosome ( which it's definitly proven that came in the Balkans with the Slavic Invasion during the VI-VIII a.d centuries !!). So i found myself with a typical paleo-Balkan autosomal heritage (anthropologically \ phenotypically a Mediterranean) and meanwhile i carry a typical Slavic north-eastern European Paternal lineage (Y chromosome), so let's say that i am 'struggling' a little bit with this fact, being a kind of genetic mish-mash, and puting me in a ambigous position concerning me Identity !!
    Attachment 11566
    Your ydna represents usually only 2% of your heritage, so at the end you are what you are, a Tosk Albanian. I see no reason why you're struggling.

    Which city in Albania are you from? If you're I-S17250 and you're 100% sure you're phenotypically Mediterranean (not simply having dark hair and brown eyes) then chances are you're either from around Korca or Fieri, or a Cham.

  24. #24
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    01-09-14
    Location
    Zagreb
    Posts
    626
    Points
    6,504
    Level
    23
    Points: 6,504, Level: 23
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Overall activity: 5.0%


    Ethnic group
    Croatian
    Country: Croatia



    Quote Originally Posted by exercitus View Post
    Also my case is weird too, from Myheritage and Living Dna i obtained some expected autosomal results > 85 % 'Greek and south Italian' which obviously inclouds and the Albanian too, and less than 15% 'Balkanic' i.e South Slavic, which is quite normal taking in account the fact that i am a Tosk Albanian, but what really 'shocked' me it's that subclade I-S17250 of the Y chromosome ( which it's definitly proven that came in the Balkans with the Slavic Invasion during the VI-VIII a.d centuries !!). So i found myself with a typical paleo-Balkan autosomal heritage (anthropologically \ phenotypically a Mediterranean) and meanwhile i carry a typical Slavic north-eastern European Paternal lineage (Y chromosome), so let's say that i am 'struggling' a little bit with this fact, being a kind of genetic mish-mash, and puting me in a ambigous position concerning me Identity !!
    Attachment 11566
    Your male ancestor has White Croatian source but most of your ancestors are from the Albanian side and that's why autosomal result is such.
    Last edited by hrvat22; 09-11-19 at 18:49.

  25. #25
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsThree Friends

    Join Date
    14-01-17
    Location
    Tirana
    Age
    19
    Posts
    23
    Points
    2,346
    Level
    13
    Points: 2,346, Level: 13
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I wish I knew :/
    MtDNA haplogroup
    MtDNA is irrelevant

    Ethnic group
    Illyrian
    Country: Albania



    Here's a more recent pic of me.. probably the best of the pictures I took.
    https://ibb.co/JCpgQYV
    Does my face look too wide? Typical southern European?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •