Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 425 of 717

Thread: Moots: Ancient Rome Paper

  1. #401
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    23-02-11
    Posts
    200
    Points
    9,153
    Level
    28
    Points: 9,153, Level: 28
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 197
    Overall activity: 0%


    Country: France



    Quote Originally Posted by Tutkun Arnaut View Post
    I saw another map where Western Turkey, around Bosporus channel, Asian side, has autosomal similar with Italians. This creates the impression that people from this area migrated to Italy through sea ways, not necessary through Greece, but circumventing it. That's entirely possible since those people were navigating keeping the land in their sight, not necessary stellar navigation. That could be the source of Italian J///
    It's very unlikely that Western Turks are autosomally similar to to Italians.

  2. #402
    Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First Class1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,242
    Points
    127,940
    Level
    100
    Points: 127,940, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.3%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by binx View Post
    It's very unlikely that Western Turks are autosomally similar to to Italians.
    West Anatolians (Copper Age & Bronze-Age) more so for Southern Italians made a contribution.

  3. #403
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    16,201
    Points
    333,320
    Level
    100
    Points: 333,320, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutkun Arnaut View Post
    I saw another map where Western Turkey, around Bosporus channel, Asian side, has autosomal similar with Italians. This creates the impression that people from this area migrated to Italy through sea ways, not necessary through Greece, but circumventing it. That's entirely possible since those people were navigating keeping the land in their sight, not necessary stellar navigation. That could be the source of Italian J///
    On ancestry.com, that slice of northwestern Turkey and the western coastal areas and the islands off them are considered part of "Greece". So the people must be very "Greek like".

    That area was settled by Greeks and they established a lot of city states there. A few city states from there set up colonies in Italy. Just look at Ionic Greece, and the areas in Magna Graecia which spoke Ionic dialects.

    I've posted about this often.






    So, I don't think we need any convoluted scenarios.

    Of course, some probably arrived in the Bronze Age. We'll have to wait and see.


    Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

  4. #404
    Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First Class1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,242
    Points
    127,940
    Level
    100
    Points: 127,940, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.3%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    On ancestry.com, that slice of northwestern Turkey and the western coastal areas and the islands off them are considered part of "Greece". So the people must be very "Greek like".

    That area was settled by Greeks and they established a lot of city states there. A few city states from there set up colonies in Italy. Just look at Ionic Greece, and the areas in Magna Graecia which spoke Ionic dialects.

    I've posted about this often.






    So, I don't think we need any convoluted scenarios.

    Of course, some probably arrived in the Bronze Age. We'll have to wait and see.
    Especially not an absurd scenario, like saying R850, and R437 are half-"Phoenician"-like. Which is probably why the paper never suggested something like that.

  5. #405
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    16,201
    Points
    333,320
    Level
    100
    Points: 333,320, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    Especially not an absurd scenario, like saying R850, and R437 are half-"Phoenician"-like. Which is probably why the paper never suggested something like that.
    I thought the paper said R850 was half Bronze Age Anatolian like or something? The Ydna was T1a1a, right? Totally unremarkable Neolithic lineage. Who knows, maybe there was mixture on the female side with an Ionian Greek or someone with that kind of ancestry from Southern Italy . They might have presented as having something approximating that profile. That's a long way from Phoenicia or Carthage. One of their dubious "models" says different, and we're supposed to believe them when they've cheated before?

    I'll have to look up R437. The yDna is U152, right?


    They just are obsessed with Semites and making every sample Semitic and therefore every Southern Italian Semitic. Honestly, it all comes down to that. These people are sick you know whats.

  6. #406
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Community Award
    Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    31-05-17
    Posts
    3,102
    Points
    54,702
    Level
    72
    Points: 54,702, Level: 72
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 848
    Overall activity: 65.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    R850 Y T-L208 - mtDNA T2c1f
    R437 Y R-P312 - mtDNA H10

    R850 Y line is a “Remarkable” line, there aren't many of us, but we are everywhere :)

    R850 is a y T1a1... - I’m a y T1a2...

    Nobody shares more DNA with R850 than me (as of now), though I share even more with R437.




  7. #407
    Princess Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteranThree Friends
    davef's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-06-16
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,240
    Points
    12,148
    Level
    33
    Points: 12,148, Level: 33
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 502
    Overall activity: 2.0%


    Ethnic group
    Italian,Irish,Jewish
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    You're an American; more specifically a mix of the second wave of immigrants that came over in the 20 century. I think that would be a viable cultural identity. You were born in the American Century (post-WWII 20th century) a time when the United States reached the zenith of power and prestige; truly becoming a new Roman empire.

    But also, there's quite a lot of Irish/Italians; almost every Italian-American I know is either marrying an Irish person, or is partly Irish. They can pretty much be an ethnicity on to themselves, imo

    Jewish people I know tend to stay with each other. But they will also consort and sometimes marry other groups primarily from the second wave of working-class immigrants.
    That is correct and a very interesting and smart perspective. I know I was being overly harsh with that post (I can be very self deprecating at times though I don't usually show it, especially here in this forum) and i over did it with the vodka so I wasn't thinking straight
    mmmmmmmmm dooouuughhhnuuuutz

  8. #408
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Carlos's Avatar
    Join Date
    26-09-11
    Posts
    1,877
    Points
    26,996
    Level
    50
    Points: 26,996, Level: 50
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 554
    Overall activity: 56.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-BY7449*>YF66572
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5c1

    Ethnic group
    España
    Country: Spain



    You have Ardea and Prenestrini. The 100 with Ardea by the sea, I don't know what to think, Ardea, Ardea... I mean the moves that might have been there, not the remote origins, they wouldn't even know.

    The mood is very hot. In any case, these are first studies, more will come and eventually things will be clarified, the lies will have a short life and the truth will end up being known sooner or later.

    They have also said that there is a sample of an Etruscan pseudo-African woman. I understand with some ancestor of North Africa I suppose. In a culture as developed as Etruscan with imports and exports should have relations with other peoples. I don't see what the problem would be?

  9. #409
    Princess Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteranThree Friends
    davef's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-06-16
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,240
    Points
    12,148
    Level
    33
    Points: 12,148, Level: 33
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 502
    Overall activity: 2.0%


    Ethnic group
    Italian,Irish,Jewish
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I thought the paper said R850 was half Bronze Age Anatolian like or something? The Ydna was T1a1a, right? Totally unremarkable Neolithic lineage. Who knows, maybe there was mixture on the female side with an Ionian Greek or someone with that kind of ancestry from Southern Italy . They might have presented as having something approximating that profile. That's a long way from Phoenicia or Carthage. One of their dubious "models" says different, and we're supposed to believe them when they've cheated before?

    I'll have to look up R437. The yDna is U152, right?


    They just are obsessed with Semites and making every sample Semitic and therefore every Southern Italian Semitic. Honestly, it all comes down to that. These people are sick you know whats.
    I read the paths the Phoenicians took across the Mediterranean and they landed in some corner of western Sicily but other than that they never touched Italy. And I don't see why they would travel miles to climb steep mountains to find women to have sex with

  10. #410
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Community Award
    Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    31-05-17
    Posts
    3,102
    Points
    54,702
    Level
    72
    Points: 54,702, Level: 72
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 848
    Overall activity: 65.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    That is correct and a very interesting and smart perspective. I know I was being overly harsh with that post (I can be very self deprecating at times though I don't usually show it, especially here in this forum) and i over did it with the vodka so I wasn't thinking straight
    Lose the booze, take some Calcium instead to Fortify your Bones,

    Who knows, in a few thousand years a scientist in search for an Ancient New Yorker, might Sample your Bones. You'll be known as: NY_Davef

    Stay Strong :)

  11. #411
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Tutkun Arnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    31-03-18
    Posts
    344

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a2a(m223)(L801)

    Country: Albania



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    On ancestry.com, that slice of northwestern Turkey and the western coastal areas and the islands off them are considered part of "Greece". So the people must be very "Greek like".

    That area was settled by Greeks and they established a lot of city states there. A few city states from there set up colonies in Italy. Just look at Ionic Greece, and the areas in Magna Graecia which spoke Ionic dialects.

    I've posted about this often.






    So, I don't think we need any convoluted scenarios.

    Of course, some probably arrived in the Bronze Age. We'll have to wait and see.

    I was talking about this scientific map, not the one drawn in Athens you just published. It is not Romans who spread Italian genes, its this people from this areas who emigrated to Italy in antiquity using land sight navigation. Romans founded Istanbul, had Romans left genetic imprint Istanbul should have had traces but it does not. Had this DNA being Greek mainland Greece should have had some. At the time dna samples are taken in this are there are only Turks living since Greeks were expelled.

  12. #412
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    16,201
    Points
    333,320
    Level
    100
    Points: 333,320, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutkun Arnaut View Post

    I was talking about this scientific map, not the one drawn in Athens you just published. It is not Romans who spread Italian genes, its this people from this areas who emigrated to Italy in antiquity using land sight navigation. Romans founded Istanbul, had Romans left genetic imprint Istanbul should have had traces but it does not. Had this DNA being Greek mainland Greece should have had some. At the time dna samples are taken in this are there are only Turks living since Greeks were expelled.
    That makes absolutely no sense, and I'm restraining myself in responding. Perhaps you should get glasses or learn how to comprehend maps. To begin with, the first map is from Woodward et al. So, get your facts straight before mouthing off. Also, get over your Albanian nationalistic hatred of everything Greek. It makes everything you post immediately suspect.

    The areas in Turkey from the second map are areas of Greek colonization. People went from there to Southern Italy/Sicily. Learn some history before opining. Or is everyone who has written about Greek Colonization for the last one hundred years secretly Greek?

    Now, have you embarrassed yourself enough for one day?

  13. #413
    Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First Class1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,242
    Points
    127,940
    Level
    100
    Points: 127,940, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.3%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Well, my paternal line is G2a and they were good farmers, coming from Yorkshire c1686, and moving through west Jersey, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and on into Iowa. My father was the last farm boy. My mother's line is also descended from Neolithic farmers, K1a4h, from Holstein, Germany, but later, in the early 1850's.

    Both Y-DNA and mtDNA are easy to understand and somehow satisfying because you can tie them to identifiable individuals.
    In many ways, Germany is considered the Heartland of Europe. The upcoming paper by David Reich and Isolf Lazaridis models Germans as predominately Paleolithic Caucasian, which is similar to Anatolian_Neolthic:


  14. #414
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Tutkun Arnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    31-03-18
    Posts
    344

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a2a(m223)(L801)

    Country: Albania



    2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    That makes absolutely no sense, and I'm restraining myself in responding. Perhaps you should get glasses or learn how to comprehend maps. To begin with, the first map is from Woodward et al. So, get your facts straight before mouthing off. Also, get over your Albanian nationalistic hatred of everything Greek. It makes everything you post immediately suspect.

    The areas in Turkey from the second map are areas of Greek colonization. People went from there to Southern Italy/Sicily. Learn some history before opining. Or is everyone who has written about Greek Colonization for the last one hundred years secretly Greek?

    Now, have you embarrassed yourself enough for one day?
    I am a class B surveyor, from Gulfport Mississippi, surveying school. I can post you a copy of my diploma if you request it. That means not only I can read maps, but I can make them for others to read. The map I showed you is the areas where Italian autosomal is strong. It does not quite look Greek related. There is no history of Roman or Italian settlement in those areas. So it could be people from those areas visited Italy sometimes in the past. I don't quite get your aggravation. I know you don't do anything on purpose, but the first map you published (whoever produce it) is false.

  15. #415
    Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First Class1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,242
    Points
    127,940
    Level
    100
    Points: 127,940, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.3%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States





    Greeks are rich in Iran-like admixture, and would have brought this ancestry with them to Italy. In addition to the Iran-like ancestry that has been has been coming to Italy since the Neolithic.



  16. #416
    Moderator Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends25000 Experience Points
    Pax Augusta's Avatar
    Join Date
    23-06-14
    Location
    Ara Pacis
    Posts
    1,122
    Points
    31,062
    Level
    54
    Points: 31,062, Level: 54
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 888
    Overall activity: 34.0%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: Italy



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    You have Ardea and Prenestrini. The 100 with Ardea by the sea, I don't know what to think, Ardea, Ardea... I mean the moves that might have been there, not the remote origins, they wouldn't even know.

    The mood is very hot. In any case, these are first studies, more will come and eventually things will be clarified, the lies will have a short life and the truth will end up being known sooner or later.

    They have also said that there is a sample of an Etruscan pseudo-African woman. I understand with some ancestor of North Africa I suppose. In a culture as developed as Etruscan with imports and exports should have relations with other peoples. I don't see what the problem would be?

    The necropolis from which three Etruscan samples come is right on the sea, and had trade relations with Sardinia and Sardinia was home to the Phoenician colonies. So, archeoligically, it's possible to find someone with Phoenician ancestry. Obviously only further samples tested can tell us how common it was.

    For the two Latin outliers, however, it does not seem to me that the study suggests that they had Phoenician ancestry.

  17. #417
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    16,201
    Points
    333,320
    Level
    100
    Points: 333,320, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    R850 Y T-L208 - mtDNA T2c1f
    R437 Y R-P312 - mtDNA H10

    R850 Y line is a “Remarkable” line, there aren't many of us, but we are everywhere :)

    R850 is a y T1a1... - I’m a y T1a2...

    Nobody shares more DNA with R850 than me (as of now), though I share even more with R437.



    As to sample 850 (650 BC), it seems to be, as I said, a Neolithic line in Europe. The mtDna is found in Central Europe and Iran. The paper finds it to be half local Copper Age, and half Anatolian/Armenian Late Bronze/Iron Age. Cumae, near Capua and Naples, was founded by Greeks in the 8th century.

    The conclusions of the paper make sense.

    Sample 437 has a U-152 yDna. Unremarkable for a Latin tribe. The mtdna is H10:
    "H10[edit]

    Haplogroup H10 is subclade which came into existence between 6,300 and 10,900 years ago. Its descendant branches are H10a H10b H10c H10d H10e H10f H10g and H10h.[37]
    Haplogroup H10e has been found at a neolithic site, namely the Bom Santo cave near Lisbon. This is the oldest sample of H10 which has ever been found and it has been dated to 3735 BCE (+- 45 years).[38] "

    The paper models the sample as half "Iron Age Croatian", which means one of the samples mta calls "Illyrian" or local Copper Age and half, again, Anatolian Bronze/Iron whatever.

    Again, it makes sense.

    The paper didn't find any "Phoenician", and none of the data we have would support that.

    As for 475, no doubt there's some North African in her, but using Ibero-Maurisian to model her is silly.

    Per Carlos' post, is it so surprising that trade centers like Civitavecchia picked up some foreign ancestry? What's the big deal here??? That makes all Etruscans Carthaginians or Phoenicians?

  18. #418
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    16,201
    Points
    333,320
    Level
    100
    Points: 333,320, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    In many ways, Germany is considered the Heartland of Europe. The upcoming paper by David Reich and Isolf Lazaridis models Germans as predominately Paleolithic Caucasian, which is similar to Anatolian_Neolthic:

    It's a whole different way of looking at European ethnicities, isn't it?

    What strikes me the most is that the differences between countries in central and western Europe, including Germany and Italy, are so small.

  19. #419
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    16,201
    Points
    333,320
    Level
    100
    Points: 333,320, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Does anyone have a complete list of the samples from this paper which are in what the authors call the Near Eastern cluster?

    I've pulled some sample numbers from the PCA, and my husband, who couldn't be more Southern Italian, has hits on only two, and not at a close distance at all, and both are labeled as close to Hittites and Cretans by mta.

  20. #420
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Tutkun Arnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    31-03-18
    Posts
    344

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a2a(m223)(L801)

    Country: Albania



    Is that Mbuti suppose to be African?
    How come Albania and slavic countries dont have it, but every other country does?

  21. #421
    Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First Class1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,242
    Points
    127,940
    Level
    100
    Points: 127,940, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.3%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    As to sample 850 (650 BC), it seems to be, as I said, a Neolithic line in Europe. The mtDna is found in Central Europe and Iran. The paper finds it to be half local Copper Age, and half Anatolian/Armenian Late Bronze/Iron Age. Cumae, near Capua and Naples, was founded by Greeks in the 8th century.

    The conclusions of the paper make sense.

    Sample 437 has a U-152 yDna. Unremarkable for a Latin tribe. The mtdna is H10:
    "H10[edit]

    Haplogroup H10 is subclade which came into existence between 6,300 and 10,900 years ago. Its descendant branches are H10a H10b H10c H10d H10e H10f H10g and H10h.[37]
    Haplogroup H10e has been found at a neolithic site, namely the Bom Santo cave near Lisbon. This is the oldest sample of H10 which has ever been found and it has been dated to 3735 BCE (+- 45 years).[38] "

    The paper models the sample as half "Iron Age Croatian", which means one of the samples mta calls "Illyrian" or local Copper Age and half, again, Anatolian Bronze/Iron whatever.

    Again, it makes sense.

    The paper didn't find any "Phoenician", and none of the data we have would support that.

    As for 475, no doubt there's some North African in her, but using Ibero-Maurisian to model her is silly.

    Per Carlos' post, is it so surprising that trade centers like Civitavecchia picked up some foreign ancestry? What's the big deal here??? That makes all Etruscans Carthaginians or Phoenicians?


  22. #422
    Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First Class1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,242
    Points
    127,940
    Level
    100
    Points: 127,940, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.3%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutkun Arnaut View Post
    Is that Mbuti suppose to be African?
    How come Albania and slavic countries dont have it, but every other country does?
    Extended Data Figure 6: Modeling present-day and ancient West-Eurasians. Mixture364 proportions computed with qpAdm (Supplementary Information section 4). The proportion of365 ‘Mbuti’ ancestry represents the total of Deep’ ancestry from lineages that split prior to the366 split of Ust’Ishim, Tianyuan, and West Eurasians and can include both ‘Basal Eurasian’ and367 other (e.g., Sub-Saharan African) ancestry. (a) ‘Conservative’ estimates. Each population368 cannot be modeled with fewer admixture events than shown. (b) ‘Speculative’ estimates. The369 highest number of sources (≤5) with admixture estimates within [0,1] are shown for each370 population. Some of the admixture proportions are not significantly different from 0371 (Supplementary Information section 4).

    https://www.biorxiv.org/content/earl...23079.full.pdf

    Also,

    Do you not see the red in the Slavic countries? Because it is there:

  23. #423
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    16-03-12
    Posts
    37
    Points
    6,288
    Level
    23
    Points: 6,288, Level: 23
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 262
    Overall activity: 0%


    Country: Brazil



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjohn View Post
    how siceliot is posting in anthrogenica
    and i am not allowed
    go figure .....
    There are many good users who have been banned on Anthrogenica for no real reason, many bad users on Anthrogenica who are allowed to continue to post.

  24. #424
    Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First Class1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,242
    Points
    127,940
    Level
    100
    Points: 127,940, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.3%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    3 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjohn View Post
    how siceliot is posting in anthrogenica
    and i am not allowed
    go figure .....
    Anthrogenica is a garbage dump of lies. There is no shortage of stupidity in the world, and anthrogenica is a shining example of that. The only place with a lower-average IQ must be on Eurogenes.

    Now let's get back on topic. We don't have to be concerned with insignificant actors, trying to obfuscate the facts.

  25. #425
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    16,201
    Points
    333,320
    Level
    100
    Points: 333,320, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    Extended Data Figure 6: Modeling present-day and ancient West-Eurasians. Mixture364 proportions computed with qpAdm (Supplementary Information section 4). The proportion of365 ‘Mbuti’ ancestry represents the total of Deep’ ancestry from lineages that split prior to the366 split of Ust’Ishim, Tianyuan, and West Eurasians and can include both ‘Basal Eurasian’ and367 other (e.g., Sub-Saharan African) ancestry. (a) ‘Conservative’ estimates. Each population368 cannot be modeled with fewer admixture events than shown. (b) ‘Speculative’ estimates. The369 highest number of sources (≤5) with admixture estimates within [0,1] are shown for each370 population. Some of the admixture proportions are not significantly different from 0371 (Supplementary Information section 4).

    https://www.biorxiv.org/content/earl...23079.full.pdf

    Also,

    Do you not see the red in the Slavic countries? Because it is there:
    One of the amusing things about the graphic is that Sicilians get less than Spaniards (or North Italians). Do you remember the unlamented Spanish Stormfront Nordicists from a few years ago who used to post here? Oh dear. :)

    This may be related to Neolithic gene flows into Europe.

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •