What all I can do on a 6-day trip to Spain?

kangarootandem

Reaction score
Spain is a popular tourist destination, and is on the bucket list of tourists from all around the globe. Although 5 days won’t be enough for you to cover all of Spain as at the end of your trip it will keep you wanting for more, still I have tried to cover the major areas that you can visit on your short, 6-day break. Here I have highlighted a trip along the mediterranean coast of Spain, i.e. Barcelona and the Costa Brava.

Day 1: Once you arrive in Barcelona, Spain’s second largest city, you can kickstart your vacation by heading to Las Ramblas. It is the main pedestrian thoroughfare that will let you observe the historic neighborhood like the Gothic Quarter and will take you all the way to the Barceloneta beach. That will be it for day 1 as you’ll be tired after reaching Spain and a casual stroll through the streets will be apt and refreshing.

Day 2: On the second day you can take a walking tour of the city and visit historical Gaudi buildings like La Sagrada Familia, Park Güell and more. Get a closer look at Antoni Gaudí’s incredible piece of architecture that will surely live in your memories forever.

Day 3: Third day of your trip will be for a bike tour through the city. Zip through the streets of Barcelona on a bicycle from the Gothic Quarter to Park de la Ciutadella and down to the beach.
Day 4: Now is the time to leave Barcelona and get a taste of medieval age culture. Head north to the village of Begur on the Costa Brava and explore the beaches along the 133-mile stretch of coastline. You can visit other nearby places like the coastal town of Palafrugell.

Day 5: Head to the Costa Brava’s Empordà region to visit a small local wine producer. As per the historians, the area has vineyards since the 5th century BC. Although not as big as other regions in Spain, it is still known to produce some of the best wines.

Day 6: It’s time to bid farewell to Begur and travel back to Barcelona as the trip reaches its climax, so that you can carry on the onward journey.

The Barcelona part is OK. I recommend to use the touristic bus for your plan.

The trip to la Costa Brava is far too short. OK, you can go to Palafrugell and that's it, it is good enough. But for one day trip, I recommend Sitges, it is closer, and also nice. You can go by train, or if you go by car, use the "long" route through the Costes del Garraf, it is like the Highway 1 in the US.

This thread has been viewed 6272 times.

Back