Overall activity: 99.3%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

Best Browser for Eupedia

In my experience, Microsoft Edge has the best responsiveness to the forum software. While currently Google Chrome has been the most problematic. Does anyone else have any insight in what they think is the best browser to use?

Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Ethnic group
    Italian

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    In my experience, Microsoft Edge has the best responsiveness to the forum software. While currently Google Chrome has been the most problematic. Does anyone else have any insight in what they think is the best browser to use?
    That's exactly my experience.

My tech guys keep telling me to exclusively use Edge, but I've gotten used to the Chrome features.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Satyavrata Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level
    Overall activity: 18.0%

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

I admit that I never use Edge. I haven't noticed any lack of responsiveness on the forum. Everything loads in a blink. I usually use Chrome or Brave (a deGoogled version of Chrome with higher privacy). If Chrome is slower it might be because of some plugins/extensions. The more you have, the slower it usually becomes. But it could be a single extension slowing it down.

I checked Google Analytics and the fastest PC browser in average for Eupedia is Firefox, followed by Chrome.

Browser Avg. Page Load Time (sec)
    1. Safari (in-app) 2.37
    2. Android Webview 4.10
    3. Firefox 4.20
    4. Chrome 6.21
    5. Edge 8.14
    6. Internet Explorer 11.52
    7. Safari 11.63
    My book selection---Follow me on Facebook and Twitter --- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First Class1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Level
    Overall activity: 99.3%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo View Post
    I admit that I never use Edge. I haven't noticed any lack of responsiveness on the forum. Everything loads in a blink. I usually use Chrome or Brave (a deGoogled version of Chrome with higher privacy). If Chrome is slower it might be because of some plugins/extensions. The more you have, the slower it usually becomes. But it could be a single extension slowing it down.

I checked Google Analytics and the fastest PC browser in average for Eupedia is Firefox, followed by Chrome.

Browser Avg. Page Load Time (sec)
    1. Safari (in-app) 2.37
    2. Android Webview 4.10
    3. Firefox 4.20
    4. Chrome 6.21
    5. Edge 8.14
    6. Internet Explorer 11.52
    7. Safari 11.63
    Loading times are fine, it is just that with Chrome, I find that I am automatically signed-out from time, to time; or locked out for failed password attempts. But with Edge, I do not have that experience 95% of the time. However, the point you raised about plug-ins may have something to do with it. I have two from chrome (text-to-speech program, and screen capture), perhaps they are causing the issue.

Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    Loading times are fine, it is just that with Chrome, I find that I am automatically signed-out from time, to time; or locked out for failed password attempts. But with Edge, I do not have that experience 95% of the time. However, the point you raised about plug-ins may have something to do with it. I have two from chrome (text-to-speech program, and screen capture), perhaps they are causing the issue.
    I have the same problem with chrome, although I don't know why. At least once a day I get a message that I have already tried five times to log in and will be locked out for 15 minutes. I can go to Edge one second later and sign in. It's weird.

Satyavrata Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level
    Overall activity: 18.0%

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I have the same problem with chrome, although I don't know why. At least once a day I get a message that I have already tried five times to log in and will be locked out for 15 minutes. I can go to Edge one second later and sign in. It's weird.
    Actually I have had that problem too with Chrome (only). Try Brave. Works just like Chrome, but without this bug.