Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum

Thread: Cyber Truck from Tesla: are you impressed?

Regular Member Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered

Level
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 0%

Lightbulb Cyber Truck from Tesla: are you impressed?

On November 21st Tesla have revealed their cyber truck prototype in an event. Around the globe it still a hot news. The design looks futuristic.

But the launch didn't go as they wished.

Take a look at this feed.
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1199326745327013893

Satyavrata Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

It could be a clever piece of advertising. If things go wrong during the presentation people are more likely to talk about it, especially if it's funny (which it was). Keep in mind that any publicity is good publicity. Now more people know about Tesla's "armoured" truck that if things had gone more smoothly. They will fix the problem with the weak windows. This way, people will be aware of Tesla's new truck, but won't be able to criticise it once the windows are fixed, and people will buy the truck. That's how advertising works.
    Last edited by Maciamo; 28-11-19 at 12:59.
    My book selection---Follow me on Facebook and Twitter --- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Regular Member Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered

Level
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo View Post
    It could be a clever piece of advertising. If things go wrong during the presentation people are more likely to talk about it, especially if it's funny (which it was). Keep in mind that any publicity is good publicity. Now more people know about Tesla's "armoured" truck that if things had gone more smoothly. They will fix the problem with the weak windows. This way, people will be aware of Tesla's new truck, but won't be able to criticise it once the windows are fixed, and people will buy the truck. That's how advertising works.

Great. I was thinking the same way when I saw the video. But I wasn't sure whether others have the same doubts.
    They are very crooked, isn't it? They actually made others believe (some how) that it is an onstage experiment went wrong. Now more and more people talking about the window crash. Think on this, you spend millions of dollars on developing a CYBER TRUCK with toughened material more powerful than FORD F150 (at least that is genuine, hopefully!) and you forget to test the durability or toughness of the glass prior to the unveiling ceremony?

Von Holzhausen doesnt seem that amused when the stel ball cracked through the glass. Bad acting though. LoL