Sex & Gender Sexual desire in men versus women

Father of eight - the eldest, Kris, born in 1970 of five women, Mick Jagger seems to have always had a very high libido, no matter his age. But the fact is, when you're Alain Delon, not even Mick Jagger stands a chance.

4D7tPOt.jpg

Perhaps if Mick hadn't had the careless habit of wearing mis-matching socks, Marianne might have paid more attention to him.

Actually, Delon and Faithfull were well acquainted with each other. They starred as lovers in the movie "Naked Under Leather" (1968). It was the first film to receive an X rating in the USA because of their explicit scenes.

Mick's subdued expression might be because he wished he was the one sitting next to Alain. After all, both men were bisexual, and it was swinging London, when free love and open relationships were all the rage.

Last edited:
Perhaps if Mick hadn't had the careless habit of wearing mis-matching socks, Marianne might have paid more attention to him.

Actually, Delon and Faithfull were well acquainted with each other. They starred as lovers in the movie "Naked Under Leather" (1968). It was the first film to receive an X rating in the USA because of their explicit scenes.

Mick's subdued expression might be because he wished he was the one sitting next to Alain. After all, both men were bisexual, and it was swinging London, when free love and open relationships were all the rage.

I never heard that about Alain before, but suddenly this strangest of pictures makes sort of sense.

Don't worry fellas, most girls actually prefer rugged looks to pretty boys, pretty boys are like women and most women hate having to compete with other women :D

^^Speak for yourself. :)

Plus, men can be rugged AND beautiful.

As for Mick Jagger, I would never describe him as "rugged". All things considered, it's difficult to imagine an uglier man, especially when you add in his antics on stage. It just shows the power of money and fame.

Mick-Jagger-6.jpg

lol ok well that's what a pretty girlfriend once told me she could of just been lying to me ha, but yes I agree Mick is one ugly bastard but guys if you're ugly join a rock band :) Remember Tiny Tim's marriage?

I never heard that about Alain before, but suddenly this strangest of pictures makes sort of sense.

In a 1969 BBC interview Delon was asked about people who "suggest very very strongly that you have homosexual tastes?" Delon replied "So what's wrong if I had? Or I did? Would I be guilty of something? If I like it I'll do it. ............... But the only matter is to love."

As for Jagger, in a mid-1980s magazine interview he was asked whether he was exclusively "heterosexual these days".
He replied "No, not at all. I've slept with more women than men, though".

In a 1969 BBC interview Delon was asked about people who "suggest very very strongly that you have homosexual tastes?" Delon replied "So what's wrong if I had? Or I did? Would I be guilty of something? If I like it I'll do it. ............... But the only matter is to love."

As for Jagger, in a mid-1980s magazine interview he was asked whether he was exclusively "heterosexual these days".
He replied "No, not at all. I've slept with more women than men, though".

I love the refreshing honesties on both sides... especially considering the era during which they spoke so freely.

lol ok well that's what a pretty girlfriend once told me she could of just been lying to me ha, but yes I agree Mick is one ugly bastard but guys if you're ugly join a rock band :) Remember Tiny Tim's marriage?

I am old enough to "remember", but have you listened to his interview with Stern where he described their actual "marriage"?

I disagree very much. Even though you said it twice. :)

So do I, and I'm also saying it twice. :)

I mean, come on...

Young-Arno-780x438_rev1.jpg

Even in his 50s or close to it...

2be68023b2c32998eadac0e6617d31ea.jpg

90IF4aQKrr7zXmtcsNAYbrvcIg2.jpg

A_SQvWjcY5svpcnfe0obdd2gaKextuobXT0FCuSyAM9FEf4M0v9CVG75rHDV06JaE5rrcSqtzRKgYA3wNz0dLjXobjYRh25NpjKHPzsQ4Aw.jpg

Same man...I mean, whose candid picture turns out like this?
442full-luca-calvani.jpg

1f4e542a3477c93e53950b3a79e6c0ee.jpg

Looking for soulful, kind eyes, ultra-refined, perfectly symmetrical, beautiful features and a wonderful singer to boot?

Coming right up...
marco-mengoni.jpg

If you bleached him out to have Celtic fringe skin, green eyes, and dirty blonde hair, he'd look like my father. Med or Atlanto Med?

These are just the ones which immediately came to mind from my list. :)

Another question to me is how overall views in society over what is attractive can impact our own views.

Another question to me is how overall views in society over what is attractive can impact our own views.

It would change by country and era within that country, yes?

A lot depends on what the "elite" look like, I think. The standard for nobility in Europe was the Almanach de Gotha. As the name makes clear, it was written by the Germanic conquerors in the Middle Ages. That explains, perhaps, the premium put on blonde hair and blue eyes?

Of course, not all the rulers of European countries fit that bill. See Francois the First of France.
TELEMMGLPICT000155260186-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq-QywmtbEFK8hgtO3YyTAWDrEvsZYJotm9azlmKtkMDo.jpeg

His mistresses, however, were fair.

Or take Henri IV, the founder of the Bourbon dynasty:
Henri-IV-France.jpg

It's interesting in this regard, though, that while the ideal for women may be blonde and blue eyed, the ultimate male was always described as tall, dark, and handsome.

Of course, what they meant by that was men who looked like Cary Grant and Gregory Peck, two of my favorites in terms of looks from Hollywood's Golden Era.

740full-cary-grant.jpg

gregory-peck-1940s-everett.jpg

I can recognize that Brad Pitt is an extremely good-looking man, beautiful, even, in his youth, but he doesn't raise my heart rate one iota.

You can see it in Japan as well, where the "ideal" has very fair skin but dark hair and eyes. I remember some youtube video which showed pictures of American film actresses to Japanese men for their reactions. They all thought Anne Hathaway was the most beautiful. :)

It would change by country and era within that country, yes?

A lot depends on what the "elite" look like, I think. The standard for nobility in Europe was the Almanach de Gotha. As the name makes clear, it was written by the Germanic conquerors in the Middle Ages. That explains, perhaps, the premium put on blonde hair and blue eyes?

Of course, not all the rulers of European countries fit that bill. See Francois the First of France.
TELEMMGLPICT000155260186-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq-QywmtbEFK8hgtO3YyTAWDrEvsZYJotm9azlmKtkMDo.jpeg

His mistresses, however, were fair.

Or take Henri IV, the founder of the Bourbon dynasty:
Henri-IV-France.jpg

It's interesting in this regard, though, that while the ideal for women may be blonde and blue eyed, the ultimate male was always described as tall, dark, and handsome.

Of course, what they meant by that was men who looked like Cary Grant and Gregory Peck, two of my favorites in terms of looks from Hollywood's Golden Era.

740full-cary-grant.jpg

gregory-peck-1940s-everett.jpg

I can recognize that Brad Pitt is an extremely good-looking man, beautiful, even, in his youth, but he doesn't raise my heart rate one iota.

You can see it in Japan as well, where the "ideal" has very fair skin but dark hair and eyes. I remember some youtube video which showed pictures of American film actresses to Japanese men for their reactions. They all thought Anne Hathaway was the most beautiful. :)

When I was around 13, the female cast of Dynasty was "all I ever wanted", especially Heather Locklear and Joan Collins. Of course, Heather was closer to my age at around 19, blond hair blue eyes, California girl. BUT... Joan was the one who had a magnetic "spell" on me. I am not surprised that at her high age now, her husband of many years is only a few years older than me. I think that energy is the ultimate when it comes to why we are drawn to someone. We cannot explain it, we don't need to explain it and we shouldn't try to explain it either.

I've seen my share of toxic sexual relationships in my life, but the one between Will Smith and his wife is one of the worst I've ever seen. I had to stop watching this after she announces that the reason she had her affair is because she needed to heal, and it had been "so long since I felt good."

He looks absolutely stricken, about to weep, and she's cold as a snake. Perhaps there are men who would be all right with this, but it doesn't look to me as if he's one of them. If you want to destroy most men, destroy their confidence, sense of manhood and sexuality, this is the way to do it.

It was all I, I, I, never any concern for his feelings. What an utter narcissist. I think she has driven the poor man insane.

I've seen my share of toxic sexual relationships in my life, but the one between Will Smith and his wife is one of the worst I've ever seen. I had to stop watching this after she announces that the reason she had her affair is because she needed to heal, and it had been "so long since I felt good."

He looks absolutely stricken, about to weep, and she's cold as a snake. Perhaps there are men who would be all right with this, but it doesn't look to me as if he's one of them. If you want to destroy most men, destroy their confidence, sense of manhood and sexuality, this is the way to do it.

It was all I, I, I, never any concern for his feelings. What an utter narcissist. I think she has driven the poor man insane.

After the second use of the word "entanglement", I couldn't watch any further. "I f***ed our son's friend in our house" would at least have acknowledged the severity of it.

I know a few cheating couples who are only together because of children and finances. From what I know, the children are not in the know of any details, BUT... they "know". They sense inconsistencies and witness some things that make no sense to them and confuse them.
So whenever parents tell me not to worry and mind my business, my answer is always that they should never assume that what they are doing behind their children's backs doesn't impact them.
So seeing THIS play out left me speechless.
It is so low on so many levels.
I do have one question though:
How do we know she actually has alopecia?
If you have alopecia, your hair is missing completely in some areas. No stubbles. Wouldn't it make more sense to keep longer hair to cover them up?
View attachment 13179

I know a few cheating couples who are only together because of children and finances. From what I know, the children are not in the know of any details, BUT... they "know". They sense inconsistencies and witness some things that make no sense to them and confuse them.
So whenever parents tell me not to worry and mind my business, my answer is always that they should never assume that what they are doing behind their children's backs doesn't impact them.
So seeing THIS play out left me speechless.
It is so low on so many levels.
I do have one question though:
How do we know she actually has alopecia?
If you have alopecia, your hair is missing completely in some areas. No stubbles. Wouldn't it make more sense to keep longer hair to cover them up?
View attachment 13179

I've only known women who stayed with a husband even though he was cheating. A good part of the time they themselves don't know, or haven't admitted it to themselves. . Some for the children, some out of fear of losing their comfortable lifestyle, some because they really love him despite the pain. Do the children know? I don't think so. Their families don't even know, only the closest friend or friends. It's painful to watch, most painful when you can tell she sort of knows, but can't bear to admit it to herself.

I have no idea if she actually has it. She's too young for the type of alopecia women get as they age. The other type results from autoimmune disorders. I know a woman who has it, and she went for years without anyone knowing because she, as you said, kept her hair long and it covered the thinner areas. People with severe alopecia lose ALL their hair, so their heads go completely bald, no brows, no eyelashes. She has stubble all over her head; it looks to me as if she's just thinning much earlier than normal.

It really doesn't matter to me, because friends of Chris Rock say he didn't know, but even if he did, he paid her a compliment in saying she rocked the G.I. Jane look, which she does.

I honestly can't even think about it because I'm still trying to digest the fact that the "man" was a friend of her son's and it took place in their home. What kind of a woman would do this and moreover announce it to the world while a camera is on her husband's face? She's sick and twisted, and he's sick for staying with a woman who is this narcissistic, destructive, and lacking in any sort of ethics. No wonder he went up on stage to hit Chris Rock after he saw her reaction to the joke. In the video I posted he was virtually begging her to come back to him. How absolutely pathetic. I've read she got it in the last four years which is about the time all this happened. If she does really have it, maybe it's karma.

Someone has got to get to this man: his family, close friends, somebody has to get him to a therapist. This is just beyond sick.

I have to say, Chris Rock handled the situation well. I'm really disappointed in Will Smith's behavior. I remember when he critized rappers who cursed in their songs, and there he is screaming the f-word at the top of his lungs, after he assaulted a comedian at Oscars.

I have to say, Chris Rock handled the situation well. I'm really disappointed in Will Smith's behavior. I remember when he critized rappers who cursed in their songs, and there he is screaming the f-word at the top of his lungs, after he assaulted a comedian at Oscars.

Have you seen the strange appearances of his on Arsenio?

This thread has been viewed 21491 times.

Back