Banned
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Bædzænæg
Y-DNA haplogroup
E-A24070
mtDNA haplogroup
I1a1a
I'd rather open my own topic rather than post in another one!

accuser: Aspurg, maternally paternal descendant of commanders of the fortress Hodidid, claimant of direct paternal descent from Greater Cumania, autonomous entity of the Kingdom of Hungary, modern day Hungary.

Oh it seems I am not descended of Hodidjed fort commander. There is a family from Sarajevo with same surname as my maternal family who are but it seems there were 4 separate families with the same surname from Sarajevo 200 years ago who cannot be linked, and surname is based on Ottoman state monopoly of coffee productions which was given to some people for a year or much more. These 4 families are from 4 separate mahallas (quarters) and it is very unlikely a single family can hold onto such lucrative monopoly.

Anyway even if I am not related to that branch still my grandfathers branch were designated in 1781. as kişizade, which means "noble". Only 5 families of Bosnia had this designation. One tested is Spanish I-M26, descended of Spanish muslims. Another from Mostar, historians use this surname to suggest Turkish origin. Another kişizade from Sarajevo are most likely descended from Hungary. Not 100 % but ancestor might be related to a Janissary unit which was stationed at the same place in 1680 from where the other family comes from probably (North of Budapest). I talked to a cousin, to get him tested.

My grandfathers mother is descended from another Sarajevo family which descends of muslims from Sanjak of Pakrac. Again like many they arrived in late 17th century.

Grandmothers family Zavidovici, mid 19th century, some Turkish origin claims, but that village seems to have been composed of locals 400 years ago. But this claim relates to 200 years ago, probably local but have to test.

Grandmothers mother family, moved to Sarajevo from Donji Vakuf century ago. Ancestor 200 years ago mentioned with a surname indicating certain origin from muslims of Timișoara/Temesvar. Certainly arrived from Timișoara after 1716. when the Ottomans lost it. My mtdna I1a1a is from here.

I have lots of foreign ancestry, even unusual for Bosniaks.

So I have more motivation now to ensure my paternal ancestry is also foreign!
Finally my clade is isolated https://www.yfull.com/tree/E-A24066/

Unexpectedly I got a Bosniak from Central Bosnia there. Among over 1000 tested Serbs from Bosnia I don't have a single member of my clade, and very unlikely I will. There is another Bosniak from NE Bosnia of my clade but he is descended of my family so surely about 500 years at best from me. And he came from Peshter area.

We'll see how many novels he has, my 14 novels make up 2200 ybp, on YFull they only count novels of best quality. Still we share 12 of best quality.
Bosniaks from Central Bosnia have more native ancestry than Serbs or even Croats, very low Vlach, and Albanian sporadic. It could be some old Illyrian connection but:

Bosniaks from Central Bosnia also have had strong Hungarian influence since Medieval Bosnia, and some migration of muslims from Hungarian areas post Battle of Wiena in 1683. I have such ancestry myself.

Who seems closest to YF67778? There is one study sample:
Bosniak____14 24 14 10 16-18 11 12 13 13 11 29 17 14 20 12 17 11 22
RU281 Cluj_14 24 13 10 16-18 11 12 13 13 11 29 18 14 20 12 18 11 22

So GD=3/19 but they share dys393=14 which is very rare for V13. Karcag family has ordered BigY700, I used to think he may be related to RU281 GD=4/19 dys456=18, but Bosniak has a better case, he also has elevated dys458. If that's true then RU281 and Györfi from Karcag despite being in that region are pretty distant.

In a village where Bosniak is from in 1604. there were people named Gaspar, Galin, land called Shargan.

Also in Central Bosnia there are finds of proto-Magyar N-M2019, and also some Bosniak R-Z326 (which exists in Hungary I can say based on STR's), G-PH1780 (from Hungary where it is found or Anatolia).

So there are already some certain and potential links.

Karcag cousin told me they are of certain Cuman origin. In fact there is another family with same/similar surname, I was told this family is not Cuman.

I've found one of my subcluster dys385b=17 in Vojvodina study. Vojvodina Serbs are descended of Krajina Serbs or Raska Serbs mostly, in first my cousins don't exist, among second there is my cluster but this guy must be 1000 years away, he is not of my family. He looks similar to some Serbian/Bulgarian border region people. As that study had many non-Serbs, Hungarians, Romanians, Roma, this guy might easily be a Hungarian or Banat Romanian (very undertested area).

All that I want is to find a single member of my cluster dys385b=17 in Kunsag. And that would be it. Usually when you probe a population, more common haplotypes pop out, so if the first and only tested from Karcag was my cousin there should be more.. Especially as in the Balkans this cluster is found in some places suggesting Cumano-Pecheneg links..

We'll see how many novels he has, my 14 novels make up 2200 ybp, on YFull they only count novels of best quality. Still we share 12 of best quality.

No, in addition to Best Quality, they include Acceptable Quality Novels as well. The main criteria is the coordinates of SNPs must fall within the "combBED regions". Not every SNP falls within these regions, however, it doesn't mean they're bad SNPs, they just don't qualify for the Age Estimation formula. You can actually see on YFull if a particular SNP falls within these regions if you search for it and click for more info. See here for a detailed explanation: https://www.yfull.com/faq/what-yfulls-age-estimation-methodology/

I've noticed that your line is overestimating the TMRCA as compared to other samples. For example the average E-Z17107 TMRCA is ~2700 ybp, while your line has it at ~4200 ybp. So I would think the TMRCA of E-A24066 is currently being overestimated as well. It will probably be lowered once the new sample's (YF67778) age estimation is calculated into the TMRCA.

E-A24066 and Ahmed-Bey silahtar, kapıcıbaşı

My family are from Bijelo Polje, modern Rakonje. Attested ancestor died in 1645. from about there. This village is attested in at least two Ottoman defters as "Rakun/Rakon" in 1485. and 1530. But nobody lived there back then. The original name of this village was Spocha or something similar, then in 1485. it received a second new name, these seconds names are always associated with some clan that is taking over.

So where were they? Some made up tradition of Kuchi area descent exists in my family, but it was never to be taken seriously, because it makes no sense for a wealthy family to be some poor people running away for their lives from Kuchi, besides my family is attested pre-battle of Wiena (again you see this event having influence), as only after then these Brda Montenegrin clans started arriving.

Genetics gives clues. There are two families E-A24066+ from central Serbia, but who surely migrated to there from Peshter highlands. One is Dragovic came from Boroštica village 200 years ago, other came from Raždaginja village on Peshter at the same time, third just "Peshter". Unique surnames of the 2nd and 3rd clearly suggest links with the hill Trojan next to Krnja Jela, and deserted village Čarovina, next to and belonging to village Baljen in 16th century.

So my E-A24066+ is related to multiple places on Peshter, all of these villages are today and have been since 200 or more years Bosniak, more precisely mostly they have been Kelmendi, who arrived there in early 18th century as Catholics, later converted to Islam.

But what was there before?
In Ottoman Sipahi defter of 1526. for the battle of Mohacs, among sipahis who were supposed to stay in Sancak of Bosnia (this area belong to Bosnian sandzak), there was a group of Christian sipahis. There were no less than ten timar holders from the nahiya of Barče to the North.
knez Ognan, his timar village Brvenica, second name Zaječić.
knez Radoslav, timar village Korutan
knez Dimitri, timar village Balenova , original name of modern village Baljen in 16th c.

and above them
Hasan Çelebi son of Ahmed-bey silahdar, timar village Krće

This small piece of information above explains my ancestry.

1) Knez Ognan was a commander of voynuks from Sjenica area in 1530. His community later settled village Lopiže. In this village there is one distant branch of my own family. The original village belonging to Ognan - Zaječić was taken over by Hasan Çelebi, and when you consider that his village Krće is right next to Zaječić it is obvious these people are connected.
2) Korutan was a village with vojnuk community and village along with Janča whose part it is today this was the base of the father of Hasan Çelebi, Ahmed-bey
3) Baljen the village of 3rd person from the list had an old land called Ahmed in 1571., almost certainly referring to this Ahmed-bey, his son was superior to a Christian sipahi..

Ahmed-bey and Hasan had connections to only this group of Peshter voynuks not any other! As is the case with other communities in Ottoman census the mere fact that these come in succession means they are likely tribally connected. Another village where Hasan celebi got some lands is Raždaginja, from where one family related to me came from. His son Mehmed was sipahi who held Krnja Jela village too!! So they could have moved from Krnja Jela/Baljen area to Raždaginja at that time. And this was the general trend to leave Eastern Peshter for Western Peshter because voynuk organisation was flourishing on the Western Peshter highlands, and it died out on the Eastern Peshter already in mid-16th century.

The knez Ognan community from Zaječiće is the only community where a similar last name to mine is attested, "Rajkun/Rajkon" in late 16th c. Also in 1485. Zaječiće did not exist which means these people came to there from somewhere, clearly either from Korutan or Baljen direction, their co-tribalists. Korutan voynuks seem not to have left some descendants, and I couldn't find any old families there either.
A24066 is connected to Baljen.
A24066 is also connected to Krnja Jela which was a voynuk village before already in 1485.

So logically we should expect A24066 in knez Ognan's community because of one branch of my family there and because of "Rajkun" there only in this community, and because this community has tribal ties with community with certain A24066 connection as explained above.

Village Rakonje was not settled in 1530. but was settled in late 16th or early 17th century by my ancestors. So these 3 communities were working for Hasan Çelebi son of Ahmed-Bey.

Who is Ahmed-Bey? Ahmed-Bey is the person whos property is Rakonje in 1485.

Ahmed-Bey was şahinci (the one who trains the falcons) on the Court of Sultan Mehmed Fatih, sometimes prior to 1463. when he is first attested. He then became the silahdar of Isa-bey Ishaković or Sultan Mehmed. In 1467-68 he became the kapıcıbaşı of the Sultan Mehmed.
In 1468/69 he came to Bosnian sanjak and was given a large timar with total worth of 48.527 akçe, in two areas near Novi Pazar with his base being in Korutan/Janča, and Peshter, and in the southern area where he held the nahiye Nikšići, and nearby my village. A very powerful Ottoman figure, maybe only second to Isa-Bey Ishaković in Bosnian sanjak because Sultan's kapıcıbaşı is a very powerful position, often meaning some people are getting executed if he is coming, and he came to the area in 1468 with this title.

This was Ottoman area and an idea that some Christian raya people or even any Muslims could settle on the property of a Commander of the palace guards of Mehmed the Conqeueror is ludicrous, at that time this position was only one at the time in the Ottoman empire. It could only have been somebody who has connections to him and his family. And the only group they really had some ties with are these voynuks where there are already clear E-A24066 associations.

But as explained above Peshter group descends from the Krnja Jela, Baljen region of Peshter. There
1) Krnja Jela , 1571. baština/land called Kuman , the only such baština name I found in at least hundred mile radius.
2) Baljen or earlier Balenova looks quite possibly related to Cuman personal name Balin or Cuman city Balin
3) between these there is village Točilovo, in 1571. a Christian had a name "Togan" or "Tugan" (in Ottoman script o/u cannot be distinguished), in Turkish Dogan is more common form of "hawk", "t" is more Kipchak.

So when he came to Peshter Ahmed-bey kapicibasha hired some voynuks from this area. Possibly then came influence of my clan with this second name Rakon in 1485. So it seems because of this name my clan had some connection to this village even before we settled there later.
However this area was divided between multiple Ottoman Sanjaks.
Pešter was divided between Bosnian Sanjak in the West, and Prizren Sanjak in the East. Originally there were many voynuks in the Eastern Peshter, and few in Western. The situation was reversed few decades after. It seems voynuk organization could not survive in Prizren Sanjak, but it could in Bosnian sandjak where it flourished. So that is why this migration of community of knez Ognan occured, originally from Baljen/Krnja Jela area (Prizren sanjak) they moved to Zaječiće and then later to Lopiže under direction of Ahmed-bey's son. There they would keep this status at least until 1604. and certainly until Cretan War in 1645. and even until Battle of Wiena in 1683.

Then in the chaos these Christian sipahi and voynuk communities who had some autonomy and served the Ottomans dissapeared. And some of my family got this made up Kuchi tradition, because Kuchi tribe people started coming in in large numbers. Both Christian and Muslim, and there are so many families of Kuchi cluster in the area. Also many PH908 families had even more elaborate Kuchi traditions, Kuchi and other Brda clans offered protection in 18th, 19th centuries, they would take revenge for their tribesmen etc.

None of the families related to me from Peshter had any Kuchi tradition, and neither did some of my family branches. If this tradition had any reliability it would have recorded genetic links with these people, and it would have recorded a member of our family who was wealthy in the first half of 17th century but it didn't.

This is only from some published documents, there are more unpublished, and as I can read them, I will find eventually my ancestor and his ancestors. Another thing: our ancestor had a name Paun, this name is usually associated with Romanian language, it did exist sporadically in these areas, but at one point in time namely late 16th century when this person was likely born for some reason this personal name became very common on Peshter!! And sporadic elsewhere, little more common in some Vlach areas (Barče), rare generally. So his personal name itself actually indicates that he was born on Peshter!!

Lejlek mosque in Novi Pazar is the oldest mosque there and it was built by Ahmed-Bey silahdar. He is basically one of founders of Novi Pazar.
Most likely this Turkish family left no living descendants, but I've identified 20 individuals related to him in 16th/17th century.

Some people with whom he had close contacts were Sanjakbey's of Zvornik Sandjak. Because E-A24066 can be connected to him, quite possibly presence of (again should be Bosniak) E-A24066 that is close to my family in Tuzla Canton can be explained through his family's contact with some Zvornik Sanjakbey's. At that time Zvornik Sandjak was a separate Sanjak and it occupied precisely the Tuzla/Zvornik area.

Last edited:
No, in addition to Best Quality, they include Acceptable Quality Novels as well. The main criteria is the coordinates of SNPs must fall within the "combBED regions". Not every SNP falls within these regions, however, it doesn't mean they're bad SNPs, they just don't qualify for the Age Estimation formula. You can actually see on YFull if a particular SNP falls within these regions if you search for it and click for more info. See here for a detailed explanation: https://www.yfull.com/faq/what-yfulls-age-estimation-methodology/

I've noticed that your line is overestimating the TMRCA as compared to other samples. For example the average E-Z17107 TMRCA is ~2700 ybp, while your line has it at ~4200 ybp. So I would think the TMRCA of E-A24066 is currently being overestimated as well. It will probably be lowered once the new sample's (YF67778) age estimation is calculated into the TMRCA.

Ah I see,thanks! I know I have about 14 or 15 of best quality and 4 of acceptable quality, and looking at other clades I came to impression that they don't count in TMRCA calculation SNP's of acceptable quality but that didn't add up fully. So that is the key.

Well I saw immediately that I share with YF67778 14 SNP's and I have 18 of my private ones. So I figured TMRCA of 1700 ybp is more realistic. We are 21/111 so not close and it seems our clade mutates more, as indeed I contribute 4200 years to the age of Z17107, far more than the others. I was looking at some of his and mine unique STR's past those that we share and it seems per 111 STR's that I have more of these unique STR's, so I guess he should have less novels, but ofc there are these days far more STR's.

But the YFull formula is such that it only counts novels, so if one happens to have many novels these novels are going to make up TMRCA regardless of how many are shared! That is why it is important that a clade is differentiated, that it has several levels. So when I saw my 18 SNP's I still figured if I counted all of them our TMRCA (my contribution) would reach 2700 ybp which is silly. You can't have 18 SNP's at 150 years/SNP and then 21 year/SNP within the same clade.

So getting more samples and levels matters, you see above under
E-Y81971, E-A19238 share 5 SNP's at their level, their 1 novel makes up their TMRCA, but YF16494 only has 2 novels parallel to A19238, this time their 4 and 5 SNP's are counted for Y81971's TMRCA, YF16494 lowered the TMRCA. This system has flaws and more sub-branches help.

Me and YF67778 share DYS510=18 + DYS446=11
Me and E5882 share DYS587=19
YF67778 and E5882 share DYS525=11

It seems E5882 will be above me and YF67778 as we share two of these slow STR's. Also I've noticed we have off-modals at DYS650 but we don't share it. Modal is 21, E5882 has 20, YF67778 has 19, I have "18.a". Probably this STR represents another of our shared SNP's.

Also what should be noted is that per current evidence:
E-Z17107>Y81971 GATAH4=11
E-Z17107>Y30991 GATAH4=12 (I have 11 but this one is recent)
E-Z17107>Y30991>Z38456>BY4435 GATAH4=12
E-Z17107>Y30991>Z38456>BY4461 GATAH4=12

It seems GATAH4=12 defines Y30991. Russian E-Z17107>BY4467 has H4=11, no reading on Y30991. Ukrainian 116695 and their cluster all have H4=12 so it seems chances are Ukrainian is Y30991+, Z38456- going by current data. This SNP cannot be tested at FTDNA, FTDNA's SNP offer is horrible.

There is a new Ossetian E-S26015* clade, negative to main 5 except E-BY20093 and he is very distant to them, probably negative as well ( I suggested they test it). He doesn't seem close to anyone, closest is one Russian, ofc I thought he might be Z17107 due to his H4=12. That's what I wanted to see, some new CTS9320's far to the East. Tested some Caucasians for Z17107, but SNP pack costs only as much as 3 SNP's. Single SNP is abit expensive at FTDNA.. I thought one Georgian at 111 STR's was a match for American Z17107, Z38456 clade, and he looked good but he must be some other CTS9320.

Well there is a mountain called Žilindar, situated at the Serbian-Montenegrin border. Around this mountain there is a concentration of Bulgarian toponyms: immediately South there was a village called Dragulin, to the NW Boljare, Peshter, and Boroshtitsa itself from where a cousin little more distant to me is from. Also mentioned Raždaginja, these sport typical Bulgarian zhd, sht instead of Serbian đ (dj) and ć (ch) forms. You'd think looking at these villages that you are in Bulgaria.
My close genetic relatives have direct genetic ties with some of these villages, and in the case of two families from Raždaginja, as I've said their unique surnames clearly point in direction of Cuman traces.

Highest peak (1616 m) is also called Žilindar, a neighboring peak is called Zmijina Glava - Snake's head. How come nobody has ever noticed that jılandar/жыландар (pronounced. zhılandar) is also a snake - in Kazakh and Kyrghyz!!
It is basically phonetically identical. Consonants are identical, vowels are very similar (жыландар - Жилиндар). Turkic languages follow wovel harmony and no "i" can be paired with "a" in a word, rather in this instance only "ı" can. This vowel would be converted into "i".

There is literally no other explanation, and y -> zh phonetic change is typical for Kipchak languages, this cannot derive from Turkish, especially with the "dar" added, Turkish is yılan.

There was a Cuman population from Bulgaria around there, and obviously the only possible such parallel is the 1253./1254. Bulgarian-Cuman raid of the area when they pillaged the St. Peter's monastery. It seems they escaped to Peshter, or as Serbs were generally losers in that war, and where Hungarian king was the arbiter maybe they were forced to accept some foreign population there.
Of course other than E-A24066, nothing else exists there that also exists in Bulgaria and Cumania.

Look forward to some Second Bulgarian Empire results, I think there is at least 40 % chance Asen, Shishmans or Terters were E-A24066.

I need to find these cousins from Bulgaria which do exist (Karachanak et al etc), and I have a pretty good idea where to search..

I was looking to utilize my cousin from Boroštica village on Southern Peshter, and Boroštica is pretty close to Žilindar. So that's where we started expanding from. :cool-v:

Your own family has a tradition of Kuqi which occams razor points to as being true. Peshter is known as a having a large Albanian minority.

These other folk etymologies are much more convoluted and don't have much probability of being true.

Your own family has a tradition of Kuqi which occams razor points to as being true. Peshter is known as a having a large Albanian minority.

Do not play troll games with me here Johane, this is my thread and any off-topic will be acted upon. I have explained already that my clan are:
1. Not genetically related to Kuqi
2. Our presence in Lim area predates any Kuqi migration (after Wiena War)
3. Our family was wealthy (laughable to have wealthy family as some runaway people from other places)
4. Something like 10 different haplogroups in the area have this "Kuqi tradition", it was made up in 18th or 19th century as Kuqi were powerful tribe at the time, and they offered some protection.

5. Trojančević (now its public result so I may comment) E-A24066 Raždaginja, hill Trojan next to Krnja Jela with a land Cuman, no Kuqi tradition
6. Čarović (related to the guz above) E-A24066 Raždaginja, Čarovina next to Cuman Baljen, no Kuqi tradition
7. Dragovic E-A24066 Boroshtica, near Žilindar, no Kuqi tradition , closest to him seems a North Macedonian, likely from Kumanovo area (because he is close to some others in the area) Literally every time this cluster is found on Peshter with these Bulgarian traces.

Lutovac for example just counted as as old population. So Kuqi tradition was clearly without any doubt unfortunately made up. Unfortunately I say, because from my POV my ancestry is 10 times better than that of Kuqi or any other katunar. I admit some of us (not all, some branches did not have Kuqi tradition) completely lost our way, making up this tradition while not remembering our notable ancestor from 400 years ago..

Plus we have some other cousin not in our cluster bit to the North. But around there we see some traces like Shishman too..

These other folk etymologies are much more convoluted and don't have much probability of being true.

This forum is full of your topics where you babble about etymologies of Illyroillyroillyriiiaaan, posing as some linguistically "smart" dude while not having a clue about linguistics.

If you have a problem with one of my etymologies then rationally counter it.

Btw. I can easily demolish some of your linguistic points about Illyrian - Albanian "parallels". So don't troll.

You like many Albanians have a problem. The problem I see in so many peoples. The victim cult. We wuz there beforee, the Slavs came and did bad things to us. Serbs also. We wuz here before Alboz, Alboz are Bessi who came to our land and opressed us, but Slavs were there before.

That is your cult of the Prey.

But I follow the cult of the Hunter.

Cumans were hunters, hunting for the prey, and I have the honor of being descended of these Hunters. Not of Kuqi or other katunars or Slavic turfs. They are below my league.

E-A24066 is found in
Žilindar - Kipchak Snake
Pečenjevce
Karcag

As I've said in another thread 10 years of being Cuman or Pecheneg is above 100 years of being an average Serb, Croat, Bosniak etc. (I rate some Albanian clans higher though). And by the evidence my ancestors were Cumans in 13th, 12th century, and Pechenegs in at least 11th, possibly 10th.

P.S. Yes there are Albanian traces on Peshter. But if not for the chaos in the Ottoman empire after 1683. when my clan lost power, my clan would not have allowed any Kuqi, Vasojevici, etc. nor any Albanian Kelmendi to settle there.

Peshter is Bulgarian for a cave, not Pećina like in Serbo-Croatian, and that land belonged to nobility of Cuman-Bulgarian roots since late Medieval.

So Peshter was Bulgaro-Cuman long before becoming Albanian.:grin:

Last edited:

Btw. umm, they are all either likely or certainly true. Unlike bunch of your ridiculous "Illyrian-Albanian parallels" that have been debunked long time ago.:LOL::LOL:

Btw. you might be in numbers around here and well Eupedia is mostly Italian (its ok Italians and Albanians are good friends) so you have some protection here even when you blatantly troll I guess. But lets meet on a place such as Anthrogenica or Apricity.. Please.. I don't have a lot of weight here (nor I have some desire to have it) but I might have much more weight elsewhere..:)

I understand your frustration. Vast majority of E-V13 got owned by the Pripyat folks. My folk were hunting these people. If I were almost any other clade of V13 I'd be pissed off too (there are notable exceptions ofc)..

I know you like to troll Serbs about having these or those roots but there is very little of a Serb in me.. I simply like savage nomads more than I like any other people so now wonder I am in this game, If I were PH908 I wouldn't like it. I wouldn't be pissed off if I were some R-Z2705 etc. And this is just the beginning, proving the Cuman-Pecheneg origin, the harder part is making sure that they exist again, otherwise nothing of this makes any sense really..

There is nothing to be said here it is mathematically nearly impossible for a cluster to be found at Kuman-Žilindar - Pečenjevce - Karcag, (with last claiming to be of certain Cuman origin) and NOT be Cumano-Pecheneg.

What needs to be done is test more people from certain areas, just one member of my cluster (385b=17) found in Karcag would prove this connection 100 %.

Last edited:
As expected Bosniak had less novels so now the TRMCA is more realistic 1800 ybp.

A new Hungarian Y30991+, Z38456- from Temes area (Timisoara) with BigY! And he doesn't seem A24066 thus far. Maybe he ends up sharing an SNP with us but he is very distant. He shares with A24066 dys510=18, though a Hungarian A24066 whose result should be up there soon has 16 (modal is 17). He too has H4=12 so if this Russian Z17107 is negative for Y30991 then the Ukrainian is Y30991+ and H4=12 defines Y30991. Hopefully I can get these new Hungarian Y30991 BigY's on YFull as well.

So not only Z17107 but also Y30911 has more diversity North of Danube. A24066 is the one that occurs in both areas but it has a historical TMRCA so somebody migrated here, and with this result it seems very clear Balkan A24066 migrated.

There is no V13 clade found that seems more Dacian in dispersal than Z17107 as of now.

@Johane Derite

Trolling to no avail :cool-v:, I knew right from the beginning when I saw I have relative in Cuman areas and having nomadic traces elsewhere where this cluster appears that my genetic cluster is not from the Balkan proper. And this new Hungarian does share 2 SNP's with my cluster: Y167028 and A24070! And of course BigY of Cumanian Hungarian who might share anywhere between 13-15+ SNP's should be done soon (and I'm sure more to be found).

There is a second Bosniak family of our cluster it seems they might be related to a medieval Bosnian family. On Y37 what defines Bosniak cluster is the same thing that is seen in Cluj sample from Basarab study (and especially 393 is very reliable STR), so like some other genetics from Hungary this one too came to Central Bosnia in Medieval times. This is what makes Bosniaks different from Croats and Serbs. Interestingly if indeed he is related to this family, this family had contact with Medieval Bosnian family whose names seem kinda Pecheneg or smt. like that. And other Hungarian genetics in central Bosnia is not ordinary but proto-Magyar and Iassic (Jaszsag), this one seems to have Cuman-Pecheneg link. It seems our cluster moved around in Medieval times, was some factor back then.

I bet actually those Ukrainian Z17107, Z38456 dys438=9 are Y30911+ and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they went back from our 11 to 9 (like one of our cluster did on other STR, it's very unusual to see within the same clade mutation on such a slow STR so sharing instability there might be a hint of a link) that is that they share something with us, but I need more STR's/BigY.

I think we likely are Costoboci, and I found one Costoboci archaeological location where there was mingling with the Huns in late 4th century so that might be something I was looking for. Many of those seem to have joined Slavs (like some clades found in Ruthenians, Ukrainian highlanders). I bet those areas (like Cluj) might be our point from where we started spreading (as we are not native anywhere else we are found), and immediately to the North there was Carpathain Kurgan culture (Costoboci, and some other tribes like Ansamenses - Ansamii at the Someș river) and some other basal Z17107's are found there and to the North, Lviv Lipitsa culture (again Costoboci).

Clearly Albanian origin... : D

Most of the subclades of: https://yfull.com/tree/E-Z17107/

are found in Hungary, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Albania.

Yet, somehow magically this subclade becomes the best candidate for Dacians.

Most of the subclades of: https://yfull.com/tree/E-Z17107/

are found in Hungary, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Albania.

YFull tree is not the whole picture, it is missing the Russian Z17107>BY4467, Z38456- result, it is missing Western Ukrainian Z17107+, Z38456- result (likely no relation to Russian). I am trying to secure BigY of that Ukrainain group who is per current evidence likely Y30991+. It is missing the Swedish Z38456>BY4446 results.

Unfortunately for me other Hungarian turned out Z25461>BY4507 in cluster with an Irish. it seems some of his STR's converge with important STR's of my own clade but closer analysis of the new Hungarian A24070 shows the BY4507 Hungarian does not matches us there. No way I could have known this without new Hungarian result. And Z25461 is almost impossible to predict. He has only one distinct STR shared with the Irish and they are 30/111, but this is 6th Hungarian CTS9320 BigY/NGS. So no Cuman connection for me, there still might be a Pecheneg connection though. Because Pečenjevce (where I have relatives) was founded by them and they were mass settled precisely where my cousins seem to pop-up. Well to check that out is very simple. there are other Pecheneg villages in the area, and there are some Hungarians of that origin.. So we'll see. Cluj sample still will certainly cluster with the Bosnians. And in Vojvodina my cluster appear (likely 1000 years away from me). I'll try to get some info on that one. At least the ethnicity because they tested all ethnicities there, even Roma..
The way I distinguish my people from this convergent haplotype is through the subclusters I've identified, I represent one, Bosniak results (hopefully the other Bosniak will do BigY, I know this family will have 2nd but we need BigY from the more distant family) the another.. So he might converge with us on some of these but he cannot converge on additional STR's which define our subclusters. And likely some of his convergent STR's are not that old.

My clade might be some NW Illyrian or might be Triballian. It seems my cluster pops up alot more in Serbian-Bulgarian border area, and that is Triballian and Hungarian is a Daco-Mysian link in such case. Triballi and Dacians were related. Vlachs originate from the Shop, where a non-Slavic zone separated the speakers of Serbo-Croatian from the speakers of Bulgarian languages. That is why Slovenian language is closer to Serbian than Bulgarian.

Yet, somehow magically this subclade becomes the best candidate for Dacians.

All Z17107 Hungarians are East of Danube river. Dacians lived East of Danube. Pannonians lived West of Danube. No exceptions.. So Z17107 has to pop up in Pannonian areas of Hungary for a Pannonian connection. Ukrainian is from Lviv region where Costoboci lived (before some moved little bit to the South). And we know he has some relative in a scientific study of that place as well.

What I see is (like other Albanian E-V13's) is an Albanian E-V13 who wants to be Illyrian at all costs. Well I don't care about Illyrians or Thracians primarily, what I care is to ensure my haplogroup (CTS9320) is in good position against the other competitor haplogroups (including Slavic and Paleobalkan ones). Unlike other E-V13's who were a bit sedentary in Late BA/EIA CTS9320 were some more mobile people. I found already an Ossetian CTS9320* and some more Easterners who seem certain CTS9320 should be probed.

Btw there is a Szekely who is some E-Y161799 (needy BigY) and there is a Serb (of Romanian origin by surname it seems) who is distant from the other Z38456. If those end up being some basal Z38456 well you might be looking at the Carpi (or other Thracian) who brought the Albanian/Dacian language to Albania. Though we'll see where those people end up eventually.

Last book on Dacian reconstruction I have been reading explicitly claims that the Albanian is descended of Dacian. Not convinced they are correct myself but some links can be established, they choose to go for the Dacian link there.. We already know Albanian language can't possibly fit into a whole lot of Illyrian groups, certainly the Pannonian group. Few years ago some Austrian linguists went to Albania and they found out some "Baltoid" connections of Albanian. They got chased off for insulting Enver Hoxha's Illyrian theory and ofc "Baltoid" means Thraco-Dacian. Not saying Albanians have some "Dacoid" connections for that. Z38456 actually is one of the very few possible ones. Certainly the only one with some strong presence in Albanians. So I'd say any Dacian-Albanian connection will either flourish or die through the Z38456.

CTS9320 seems connected to the expansion of Gava culture , and also some clades seem to be Eastern Hallstant adjacent to the West. Gava people were proto-Daco-Mysian. Gava people pushed into assimilated Noua culture people (Srubnaya so R1a Z93) , Noua is proto-Thracian. Proof? E-CTS9320* in Ossetians. We already have some Bulgarian Z93 clades that seem Srubnaya and not Bulgar/Turkic.

Parts of CTS9320 who were in Eastern Hallstat formed some Illyrian Pannonian tribes. Albanians are a people who have monopoly on R-Z2705 and most of J-L283, they most definitely don't on E-V13 and some of their V13 shows signs of being incomers.

I don't deny various V13 are Illyrian. For example most of Z16988 seem Illyrian/Illyro-Pannonian group. But the Ossetian E-CTS9320* clearly tells you this is no Western haplogroup.. These people bordered the Steppe..

Last edited:
@Aspurg

I remember you advocated Cuman and other Turkic heritage of your line.
Someone who is apparently very knowledgeable and enthusiastic like you should have picked up by now that your subclade has nothing to do with any Turkic people apart from the reason that with the Hallstatt expansion of CTS9320, the center of gravity for this particular SNP moved to the most eastern expansion of the Hallstatt culture, and for that reason there are some CTS9320* among the Ossetians or other subclades such as Z17107 in various Russians and Ukrainians whom most probably were dispersed with the highly mobile Scythians.
Furthermore, your remarks about various groups of ancient people as important or unimportant are very childish.
Nothing personal but most of us interested in this field should be very realistic with our expectations and draw the line between expectations and reality.
I for example would like to find more about my deeper ancestry no matter what it is originally after all. That wan't make me a better or a weaker person. Bumping self confidence out of some genetic results was never my intention and those who are afraid to not descend from a group whom they deem weak, unlikable etc. should not take a genetic test because it might effect their self confidence.

Furthermore you are: https://www.yfull.com/tree/E-Y30991/ correct?

Both on the Block Tree and YFULL Tree it's very clear that this subclade have nothing to do with any Turks or other Steppe people but with the most eastern expansion of the Hallstatt culture thus it's no wonder that there is much diversity of CTS9320 in Hungary and it's neighborhood. Again, the Scythians, Cimmerians and other Steppe people who expanded west most probably dispersed many CTS9320 further east.

Also, we can't really say what the carriers of these subclades would have been, whether Dacians or Pannonians.
Y30991 looks pretty old in the West Balkans assuming the predictions of YFULL are correct. It's distribution is a Hallstatt influence on the region and dates to the EIA. Therefor, it's distribution looks Pannonian-Western Balkans.

@Aspurg

I remember you advocated Cuman and other Turkic heritage of your line.

And I still will explore the Pecheneg option. I do have relatives in a (one of few) village founded and settled by them. And the "clan" in question is the most numerous family there and in literature they are of "unknown origin". We'll see if that pattern continues or not..

I can still claim A24070 is more diverse North of Danube and be fully correct :grin:
a) A24070* Hungarian
b) RU281 Cluj (Basarab study) dys393=14 + dys458=17/18 he clusters with Bosniak because I know due to result of second Bosniak family that their subcluster is defined by these same, and its impossible RU281 is BY4507 because he won't be converging on these additonal STR's..
c) no. 9 Vojvodina (Veselinovic et al.) , my subcluster dys385b=17, yet negative to H4=11 and dys385a=17 mutations within my subcluster. That means up to 1000 years away from me. I don't know what ethnicity he is, but I hope to find out at least that, they did test all people from Vojvodina there as can be see by haplotypes, Serbs, Hungarians, Romanians, Roma, Rusyns... I do know that such haplotypes occur only in Shop (but impossible to know distance to them it could also be 1000 ybp) and Serbs from Vojvodina are by and large of Rascian and Bosnian origin, hardly any have Shop connection..

Someone who is apparently very knowledgeable and enthusiastic like you should have picked up by now that your subclade has nothing to do with any Turkic people

Turkic expansion is recent and great many different clades became part of it at one point or the other. In fact there are originally proto-Turkic clades which were Iranic 2000 years ago etc. So no, insofar V13 is concerned there are no older Turkic clades and there cannot be as Turkic boom was far more recent. One can be of almost any distant origin and still be part of Turkic expansion at one point in time. Some younger V13 clades might be Turkic.

apart from the reason that with the Hallstatt expansion of CTS9320, the center of gravity for this particular SNP moved to the most eastern expansion of the Hallstatt culture, and for that reason there are some CTS9320* among the Ossetians or other subclades such as Z17107 in various Russians and Ukrainians whom most probably were dispersed with the highly mobile Scythians.

You can't look at Z16988 and it's "Western" spread and conclude it is so Western "Hallstat" when there are so many Roman legionaries there. fact E-V13 has never been found in an Indoeuropean Western-central European spectrum and it has likely little or nothing to do with it. Proto-Celtic/Italic included. There is also a basal Z16988 in Moldavia, NW Bulgaria. There are only 3 ethnic Romanian/Moldavian BigY/NGS tests, 10 times less than in Albanians/Serbs etc.. That does create a hole where it shouldn't be.

Furthermore, your remarks about various groups of ancient people as important or unimportant are very childish.

There is nothing childish about the facts. Ottoman Turks conquered the Balkans because they were a mixture of warrior Steppe culture and "warrior" Islamic religion. Similarly Arabians with their warrior Bedouin Islam defeated the Byzantines and Sassanids (who fought each other but still).. Many would say Roman Empire died partly due to Christianity, compared to the old Roman "spirit", ofc Christianity had subsequently "Beserk" times..:LOL:

Nothing personal but most of us interested in this field should be very realistic with our expectations and draw the line between expectations and reality.
I for example would like to find more about my deeper ancestry no matter what it is originally after all. That wan't make me a better or a weaker person.

I wouldn't necessarily, I just pick what I like and disregard the rest. That may be 20 %, 50 % or 90 %. I am a picky person.
Well I speak Turkish (for years before I was even tested).. And my Bosnian cousin is an Islamic scholar who translated Ottoman documents. I assure you for them too Hungaro-Turkic options are attractive as are for most Bosniaks. I am half Bosniak and I spent most of my time with them, not Serbs, so no wonder I go for such connections. Turks are not such "bad guys" for me. In fact I do have likely Turkish origin from few of my maternal lines. I know my great-grandmothers family certainly descends of Muslims from Temes who came to Bosnia after the Ottomans lost Temes in 1716. Maybe my mtdna comes from there.

I can tell you though most Serbs wish to be of Slavic origin. I most definitely don't and never have really. I do like "unusual origins" in general.

Bumping self confidence out of some genetic results was never my intention and those who are afraid to not descend from a group whom they deem weak, unlikable etc. should not take a genetic test because it might effect their self confidence.

I have and always have had a list of "preferred" peoples. It does not matter whether I descend from one or not. I like some of those peoples based on principles they were governed by not necessarily genetic links. If there is some "good" to be found then I view it as something that should be harvested for the future. If not then it should be overlooked.

If I or anyone else happen to find some ancestor they might deem of "unpreferable" stock, consider him non-existent and search for the others.

Btw I am proud of being of distant North African descent and I have no problems whatsover identifying with North Africans (in a way) unlike 99 % of E-V13. In fact I take great pride in being a descendant of Ibero-Maurusians, and I certainly hope Capsians. In comparison to the EEF short, small gracile Meds (And Paleobalkanites were pred. EEF).

Both on the Block Tree and YFULL Tree it's very clear that this subclade have nothing to do with any Turks or other Steppe people but with the most eastern expansion of the Hallstatt culture thus it's no wonder that there is much diversity of CTS9320 in Hungary and it's neighborhood. Again, the Scythians, Cimmerians and other Steppe people who expanded west most probably dispersed many CTS9320 further east.

What about other Carpathian CTS9320's such as BY4507 and it's relatives. Actually as far as I am concerned this Hungarian BY4507 still has a good claim for Cuman relation and I hope we get some results in that direction. I see one Russian who should be certain CTS9320+ by Y111 as maybe related to him.

Also, we can't really say what the carriers of these subclades would have been, whether Dacians or Pannonians.
Y30991 looks pretty old in the West Balkans assuming the predictions of YFULL are correct. It's distribution is a Hallstatt influence on the region and dates to the EIA. Therefor, it's distribution looks Pannonian-Western Balkans.

Nope, there is no strong evidence to associate Hallstat Central Europeans to CTS9320 or any E-V13 clade. These were mostly R1b U152. CTS9320 is Eastern "Hallstat" Gava culture, originally Thracian but some have spilled into the Western areal.

Most of early E-V13 expansions seem proto-Philistine/EBA. Hallstat (mostly R-U152) caused the migration of Sea Peoples packed with E-V13, J-L283, R-PF7562 etc. CTS9320 might have been of of few V13's in those days to cause these migrations alongside R-U152, but even so their role in this is not clear.

Anyway in the case Thracian languages were LBA arrivals which is likely, then CTS9320 is likely proto-Thracian alongside R-Z93 clades and few others. We do have CTS9320* clades in Bulgaria (they occur in Romanians as well but those might be migrants), we do have much greater diversity of various CTS9320 clades in Triballian areas. Don't forget Thracian Greek who is CTS9320* (was active here).

And for Z17107 basal diversity is not in any "Illyrian" areas. As I have said, my A24066 cluster is rare but in the study done by Zgonjanin it was 10 times more common than usual, because they tested Southeast Serbian border region which is heavily under-tested in Serbian Project (because some Serbs are upset they will have cousins in Bulgaria, and they do have them often naturally). STR's are quite clear that my own family migrated from the Shop be it this or that. So current situation for my subclade is far from realistic. And also Bosnian clusters with a NW Romanian, too bad Romanian project has only 100-120 (ethnic Romanian) people tested. Won't find him waiting for Romanians to test.

In Illyrian context obviously it can be in some more NW areas of Illyria.

So we'll see how the tree develops, but our nearest distant relative is Hungarian too. Btw. I think Ukrainians have a good shot at coming between me and Hungarian, too bad they don't have Y111 as our most important STR's are in 68-111, but BigY will tell.

Last edited:
And the "clan" in question is the most numerous family there and in literature they are of "unknown origin". We'll see if that pattern continues or not..

Something interesting. The tested cousin of mine claims they are taller than the surrounding population of the region, which is shorter than in many other Serb areas. And tested Bosniak related to me said they are tall, all from 5'11" to 6'9", round faced, generally lighter.

Unlike for ex. E-CTS9320>BY105970 of Kelmendi clan who were known to be short on Peshter. And you have this internet Bjelopavlic dude E-Z16988>Z13591 claiming how his shortness is due "to V13". :D That's not some Vlach/Albanian/Paleobalkan thing. Indeed in Eastern Montenegro where there is more E-V13/Paleobalkan admix people are shorter for MNE standards. As Dema puts it, "Albanians are Mediterraneans" , Mediterraneans are supposed to be short people (taller types such as "Atlanto-med" came to be due to IE admixture). Nomads very often had tall stature based sexual selection. Some might say Cumans were short, Cuman burials were most definitely far from short. Not to mention Bulgars.

To add on Peshter highlands this personal name "Togan/Tugan" that appears few times, I said "t" is Kipchak, true but this sort of name was never attested in Cumans, related form "Towan" is considered Pecheneg. This and Dorman which also occurs 2 times near Bijelo Polje, some say Cuman (Drman Bulgarian Bolyar) but originally likely Pecheneg, again other than Drman never attested in Cumans, I believe few links with Pechenegs exist (those in Hungary). The mountain name of Žilindar does seem definitely something Kipchak, the thing is there is some other genetics in the area. In Bosniaks from actually near Kumanica monastery there is C-M48, though they match Turks in Turkey, and also in Bosniak from Sjenica D-Y14813 found in a Tatar from Romania, origin from Crimea. Don't know how close he is to this one (could be recent Tatar ancestry if he is only 300 years away). So there are some exotic haplogroups in the area. And still 1253 Bulgarian raid did happen, and these villages such as Raždaginja, Boroštica from where I have cousins do have clear Bulgarian lingustical base. Add to that Boljare.

Last edited:
Hi Aspurg,
I see that you are very knowledgeable concerning Genetic Genealogy (in my own case it's the opposite actually !!).So, could you please analyze this two Yfull results and give me your opinion, and possibly a plausible explanation why we observe such matches between Romanians and Albanians (considering the cosiderable geographical distance i.e. from Vlore to Botoșani!)!?

-https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-Y191359/

-https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-Y150765/

If we go by Y-DNA E-M78* in it's pure ANA form E-M78 descended people would be taller than Steppe Nomads and Mesolithic Euro types. But their autosomal was diluted due to Med admixture.

But, that's not in discussion anyway.

Regarding, Albanian and Dacian theory it's a hype propagated by Serbs after they lost the Caucasian theory card. I mean, i am the type of guy i wouldn't mind if we are descended from Dacians. Nothing wrong with it, but things start to get really fishy when people with extreme hatred toward my people trying to push a hypothesis not holding ground, and being considered as C option after Illyrian and Thracian theories.

If people would be objective, then they'll say that Illyrian is the best candidate, Thracian then Dacian. And the most realistic view would be a Illyrian-Thracian with Epirotic influences and slightly Slavic.

But up to this degree any theories of Albanians descending further North than South Serbia is propaganda. Linguistic evidence, genetic evidence doesn't seem to be in accordance.

Something is wrong with this forum, can't log in for dozens of times..

Hi Aspurg,
I see that you are very knowledgeable concerning Genetic Genealogy (in my own case it's the opposite actually !!).So, could you please analyze this two Yfull results and give me your opinion, and possibly a plausible explanation why we observe such matches between Romanians and Albanians (considering the cosiderable geographical distance i.e. from Vlore to Botoșani!)!?

-https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-Y191359/

-https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-Y150765/

These matches are completely in line with the dominant scientific consensus (excluding Romanian scientists, often made in Ceausescu era) based on linguistic, archeological, and now genetic evidence that the proto-Romanians formed South of Danube river, and that in successive migrations they colonized modern day Romania. Prior to that Romania was populated by Slavic speaking populations with some Turkics here and there, (excluding ofc Transylvania).

The amount of non-Slavic, non-germanic Y-DNA matches dating to Medieval times between Romanians on one side and Albanians/Serbs/Bulgarians/Greeks on another is enormous. I am familiar with all Romanian haplotypes from studies and FTDNA, and I can say at least 10 % of Romanian Y-DNA has Medieval connections with the Balkans. 10 % of those that can be classified that is, so certainly more.

In fact almost all J-L283 falls in there:
J-L283>Z1043>BY101837 Numerous Basarabs from Bibiu and Gorj as well as ht96 from Niamt, 169 from Ploiesti cluster with Albanians (Thaci-Korbi), Croats, Bosniaks, Greeks, likely Montneegrins/Serbs. This is most the probable Basarab Y-DNA (only Basarab occuring in 2 districts).
J-L283>BY81991 Romanian has TMRCA with Italian at 1850 ybp, but closer are Bulgarians from Tarnovo (still not profiled but they fall certainly there).
J-L283>Y20899 Oradea (study), with Albanians
J-L283>Y85328 with Bulgarian
J-L283>Y40288 I think one guy from here is at this level. Again Serbs, Bulgarians.

Also we see plenty of matches in E-V13, especially with Bulgarians. I'd say over 50 % of (identifiable) Romanian E-V13 has recent Balkan ties. Of there are those who seem Dacian-Getic, often having relatives in Hungarians, Ruthenians, W. Ukrainians.

J-Y150765 seems something else, it might have older presence there. Generally thus far only one Romanian J2a cluster seems to have recent Balkan ties.

Proto-Romanians likely descend from inhabitants of Roman cities in Balkan provinces who migrated to the mountains to escape the chaos and devastation caused by the Hunnic incursions and inability of Romans to ensure security at the time. There they met proto-Albanians from whom they learned the trade of Transhumance, and they excelled at Transhumance probably even more than the Albanians.

So we have an Albanian Z17107* result it seems, Dante takes lot of time to do the STR's, but I reallz want to know his GATAH4. There are some American Z17107 results with H4=11 and I suspected beacuse of these H4=12 is Y30991.

Regarding, Albanian and Dacian theory it's a hype propagated by Serbs after they lost the Caucasian theory card.

Would you point to some serious Serbian source which claims Albanians came from the Caucasus. I am not aware of any. Deretic is a lunatic and nobody sane takes him seriously. When reading some Serbian linguists such as A. Loma he always postulated Albanians descend of a Paleo-Balkan population, though generally he favored Thracian one.

I mean, i am the type of guy i wouldn't mind if we are descended from Dacians. Nothing wrong with it, but things start to get really fishy when people with extreme hatred toward my people trying to push a hypothesis not holding ground, and being considered as C option after Illyrian and Thracian theories.

If people would be objective, then they'll say that Illyrian is the best candidate, Thracian then Dacian. And the most realistic view would be a Illyrian-Thracian with Epirotic influences and slightly Slavic.

But up to this degree any theories of Albanians descending further North than South Serbia is propaganda. Linguistic evidence, genetic evidence doesn't seem to be in accordance.

With the new Albanian Z17107* result it seems lot more likely Albanian Z38456 is there for a long time, so not Dacian. Other than that there are no numerous clusters that could possibly be of Dacian origin. Besides the Dacian option was never likely because Albanian has huge Latin influence, had Albanian descended of Carpi or Costoboci no way Albanian would have had such strong Latin influence. Because these groups were never under Roman control, and they only had some trade contacts with the Romans.

Bulgarian linguist Vladimir Georgiev was the one who pushed for the Dacian origin of Albanian, but he considered the shared non-Latin substrate that Romanian shared with the Albanian to be of Dacian origin, assuming Dacian ancestry of Romanians. We know now that Romanians and Albanians share some genetics but these seem pretty un-Dacian. So likely proto-Romanians and Albanians were somewhere in Central Balkans living next to each other for some period of time.

Some Romanian linguists also pushed for this so they could prove that they are descended of romanized Dacians (Romanian substrate words shared with Albanian => Albanian = Dacian => Romanians descend of Dacians.)

I am being very objective when I say that CTS9320 corresponds very well with with the Gava culture and that this culture was also proto-Dacian/proto-Thracian. I did not mention most of E-V13, you seem to generalize overly. Maybe some clades such as clades of FGC11450 might have some case there, but most others simply do not have a case. Gava culture elements who among others caused the Late Bronze Age collapse from the Hungarian/Slovakians areas reached Albania, Asia Minor/Troy, Northern Greece... And TMRCA of CTS9320 corresponds very well to it. I used to think Basarabi was more likely but TMRCA doesn't correspond so well nor do the migratory paths (possibly some Gava elements later were part of some Basarab movements).
Most of V13 can't have anything to do with Gava culture in a formative sense.

Ah I see finally the Albanian cousin of Bjelopavlici appeared. So both Kuqi and Palbardhi have some close matches in Albanians as onomastics clearly indicate. Kuqi had 50 % + of Albanian names in 1485 whereas although Bjelopavlici had few, the name of their ancestor was very unusual for Slavic standards: "white Paul", the names involving white were alot more common in Albanians as is this construction of surname with two persons (usually son and father).

These matches are completely in line with the dominant scientific consensus (excluding Romanian scientists, often made in Ceausescu era) based on linguistic, archeological, and now genetic evidence that the proto-Romanians formed South of Danube river, and that in successive migrations they colonized modern day Romania. Prior to that Romania was populated by Slavic speaking populations with some Turkics here and there, (excluding ofc Transylvania).

The amount of non-Slavic, non-germanic Y-DNA matches dating to Medieval timnes between Romanians on one side and Albanians/Serbs/Bulgarians/Greeks on another is enormous. I am familiar with all Romanian haplotypes from studies and FTDNA, and I can say at least 10 % of Romanian Y-DNA has Medieval connections with the Balkans. 10 % of those that can be classified that is, so certainly more.

In fact almost all J-L283 falls in there:
J-J-L283>Z1043>BY101837 Numerous Basarabs from Bibiu and Gorj as well as ht96 from Niamt, 169 from Ploiesti cluster with Albanians (Thaci-Korbi), Croats, Bosniaks, Greeks, likely Montneegrins/Serbs. This is most the probable Basarab Y-DNA (only Basarab occuring in 2 districts).
J-L283>BY81991 Romanian has TMRCA with Italian at 1850 ybp, but much closer are Bulgarians from Tarnovo.
J-L283>Y20899 Oradea (study) with Albanians
J-L283>Y37121 with Bulgarians
J-L283>Y40288 I think one guy from here is at this level.

Also we see plenty of matches in E-V13, especially with Bulgarians. I'd say over 50 % of (identifiable) Romanian E-V13 has recent Balkan ties.

J-Y150765 seems something else, it might have older presence there. Generally thus far only one Romanian J2a cluster seems to have recent Balkan ties.

Proto-Romanians likely descend from inhabitants of Roman cities in Balkan provinces who migrated to the mountains to escape the chaos and devastation caused by the Hunnic incursions and inability of Romans to ensure security at the time. There they met proto-Albanians from whom they learned the trade of Transhumance.

So we have an Albanian Z17107* result it seems, Dante takes lot of time to do the STR's, but I reallz want to know his GATAH4. There are some American Z17107 results with H4=11 and I suspected beacuse of these H4=12 is Y30991.

Would you point to some serious Serbian source which claims Albanians came from the Caucasus. I am not aware of any. Deretic is a lunatic and nobody sane takes him seriously. When reading some Serbian linguists such as A. Loma he always postulated Albanians descend of a Paleo-Balkan population, though generally he favored Thracian one.

With the new Albanian Z17107* result it seems lot more likely Albanian Z38456 is there for a long time, so not Dacian. Other than that there are no numerous clusters that could possibly be of Dacian origin. Besides the Dacian option was never likely because Albanian has huge Latin influence, had Albanian descended of Carpi or Costoboci no way Albanian would have had such strong Latin influence. Because these groups were never under Roman control, and they only had some trade contacts with the Romans.

Bulgarian linguist Vladimir Georgiev was the one who pushed for the Dacian origin of Albanian, but he considered the shared non-Latin substrate that Romanian shared with the Albanian to be of Dacian origin, assuming Dacian ancestry of Romanians. We know now that Romanians and Albanians share some genetics but these seem pretty un-Dacian. So likely proto-Romanians and Albanians were somewhere in Central Balkans living next to each other for some period of time.

Some Romanian linguists also pushed for this so they could prove that they are descended of romanized Dacians (Romanian substrate words shared with Albanian => Albanian = Dacian => Romanians descend of Dacians.)

I am being very objective when I say that CTS9320 corresponds very well with with the Gava culture and that this culture was also proto-Dacian/proto-Thracian. I did not mention most of E-V13, you seem to generalize overly. Maybe some clades such as clades of FGC11450 might have some case there, but most others simply do not have a case. Gava culture elements who among others caused the Late Bronze Age collapse from the Hungarian/Slovakians areas reached Albania, Asia Minor/Troy, Northern Greece... And TMRCA of CTS9320 corresponds very well to it. I used to think Basarabi was more likely but TMRCA doesn't correspond so well nor do the migratory paths (possibly some Gava elements later were part of some Basarab movements).
Most of V13 can't have anything to do with Gava culture in a formative sense.

Ah I see finally the Albanian cousin of Bjelopavlici appeared. So both Kuqi and Palbardhi have some close matches in Albanians as onomastics clearly indicate. Kuqi had 50 % + of Albanian names in 1485 whereas although Bjelopavlici had few, the name of their ancestor was very unusual for Slavic standards: "white Paul", the names involving white were alot more common in Albanians as is this construction of surname with two persons (usually son and father).

Roman Dacian relation was constructed during the period of extreme nationalism.....to support that, they proposed that Albanian came from Carpi ....but this theory holds no water....Modern Romanians came from South Danube (from the Roman Empire logically)

IMG_4109.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 48101 times.

Back