Racial Tolerance Worldwide by country

Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
Well, one measure of it, anyway.

Still, I feel like making a copy of it and carrying it around to brandish whenever some "WOKE" idiot starts pontificating about how racism is all about WHITE people being racist.

CDYIGi2.png

I guess I can disregard a Frenchman who tells me how we Americans should fix our racial problems . . .

Of course, as you alluded, the question is, what does this survey measure, racial tolerance or the freedom to express what you really feel about race?

Well, one measure of it, anyway.

Still, I feel like making a copy of it and carrying it around to brandish whenever some "WOKE" idiot starts pontificating about how racism is all about WHITE people being racist.

CDYIGi2.png
So Indians and Nigerians are the most racist!? Hard to believe! I know nobody who wants to live in India or Nigeria anyway.

I guess I can disregard a Frenchman who tells me how we Americans should fix our racial problems . . .

Of course, as you alluded, the question is, what does this survey measure, racial tolerance or the freedom to express what you really feel about race?

I agree.

However, I doubt Africans and Indians are worried about being PC.

I'm not at all surprised by India. One of our recent Miss America or Miss USA, I forgot which, was a beautiful girl of Indian descent. She said she would never have won in India because she was too dark.

And the French claim they don't "see race" and that as long as one is culturally French, then that's all that matters. Front national seem to disagree. :LOL:

Oops, I didn't mean to post this since I decided I didn't really have anything substantive to add. However, since it's posted let me edit this to say . . .

I suppose the problem is that we are all, to some extent, tribal. It's just part of our human nature to distrust those who live "other there." We learned early in human history that the "other" is liable to take what is ours and leave us to starve. And we care as much for their well-being as we imagine they do for ours. This is baked into our DNA.

Our progress as a species is to learn to transcend tribalism using our intelligence. However, it will always be difficult to do so. Some countries have done better than others, but this probably has more to do with their exposure to people of different backgrounds.

What is tragic is that rather than build on the notion that it is the contact of our character that counts, not our native origin, or race, or religion, or skin tone, etc., we are now increasing tribalism by elevating group rights or grievances over those of the individual.

Racism in India is mostly caste based. There are real ethnic divisions between upper and lower castes, but all share enough South Asian ancestry to be classified as the same 'race' (using anthropological and genetic classifications).

Nigeria is also a very ethnically diverse country with deep tensions between religious groups, so I think that what they call 'racism' is more akin to religious intolerance or ethnic segregation.

In France, racism is mostly Islamophobia, so once again it has little to do with actual racial differences. In fact many Black African of Christian background get better treated in France than do Mediterranean Muslims.

This thread has been viewed 3962 times.

Back