Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Ethnic group
    Italian

1 members found this post helpful.

Racial Tolerance Worldwide by country

Well, one measure of it, anyway.

Still, I feel like making a copy of it and carrying it around to brandish whenever some "WOKE" idiot starts pontificating about how racism is all about WHITE people being racist.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 645
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a-Z726
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K1a4a1h

Ethnic group
    English/German

I guess I can disregard a Frenchman who tells me how we Americans should fix our racial problems . . .

Of course, as you alluded, the question is, what does this survey measure, racial tolerance or the freedom to express what you really feel about race?

Banned Achievements:
    1 year registered

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a2a(m223)(L801)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Well, one measure of it, anyway.

Still, I feel like making a copy of it and carrying it around to brandish whenever some "WOKE" idiot starts pontificating about how racism is all about WHITE people being racist.

So Indians and Nigerians are the most racist!? Hard to believe! I know nobody who wants to live in India or Nigeria anyway.

Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I guess I can disregard a Frenchman who tells me how we Americans should fix our racial problems . . .

Of course, as you alluded, the question is, what does this survey measure, racial tolerance or the freedom to express what you really feel about race?
    I agree.

However, I doubt Africans and Indians are worried about being PC.

I'm not at all surprised by India. One of our recent Miss America or Miss USA, I forgot which, was a beautiful girl of Indian descent. She said she would never have won in India because she was too dark.

Tagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 341
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I-M423
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1C1

Ethnic group
    Bosniak, Serb, Croat, Czech, German

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    And the French claim they don't "see race" and that as long as one is culturally French, then that's all that matters. Front national seem to disagree.

1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 645
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a-Z726
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K1a4a1h

Ethnic group
    English/German

Oops, I didn't mean to post this since I decided I didn't really have anything substantive to add. However, since it's posted let me edit this to say . . .

I suppose the problem is that we are all, to some extent, tribal. It's just part of our human nature to distrust those who live "other there." We learned early in human history that the "other" is liable to take what is ours and leave us to starve. And we care as much for their well-being as we imagine they do for ours. This is baked into our DNA.

Our progress as a species is to learn to transcend tribalism using our intelligence. However, it will always be difficult to do so. Some countries have done better than others, but this probably has more to do with their exposure to people of different backgrounds.

What is tragic is that rather than build on the notion that it is the contact of our character that counts, not our native origin, or race, or religion, or skin tone, etc., we are now increasing tribalism by elevating group rights or grievances over those of the individual.

Satyavrata Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level
    Overall activity: 31.0%

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

Racism in India is mostly caste based. There are real ethnic divisions between upper and lower castes, but all share enough South Asian ancestry to be classified as the same 'race' (using anthropological and genetic classifications).

Nigeria is also a very ethnically diverse country with deep tensions between religious groups, so I think that what they call 'racism' is more akin to religious intolerance or ethnic segregation.

In France, racism is mostly Islamophobia, so once again it has little to do with actual racial differences. In fact many Black African of Christian background get better treated in France than do Mediterranean Muslims.
    My book selection---Follow me on Facebook and Twitter --- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.