Ethnic group
Bosnian-Croat
Y-DNA haplogroup
I-F3145
mtDNA haplogroup
H11A
Found this interesting article:
https://phys.org/news/2017-04-tallness-herzegovinian-men-linked-gene.html
Summed up it says how certain hunter gatherers would have eaten meat from large prey animals, rich in protein etc, and grown to great size, and have stayed as such for long enough that it stuck to the gene pool.
From what I've heard from various sources, such a thing exists in nature where a population can have gigantism or dwarfism, depending on food supply/quality in their habitable area.
I heard on the Joe Rogan podcast how a population of lions became stranded on a large island with a population of buffalo, and ate that exclusively. After a couple of generations the lions became enormous with females being equal to typical mainland males, and their males being much larger.

then why not Romanians that have as many i2 people as the whole Yougoslavia combined? Macedonians, Bulgarians? Why not I2 Hungarians, Ukrainians, Moldovans, Russians,NORTH eUROPEANS,? If you pause a second and see the map, south slavs are tall only in areas where they mixed with Illyrians. Illyrains are documented as being tall, and still are. GEG Albanians are not far behind of being tall compared to Slavs,. Every other hypothesis does not stand the proof of reality. WHO HAS A HEAD AND USES IT PROPERLY SEE THAT ASLAVS WHO MIXED WITH non Illyrians aRE NOT EXEPTIONALLY TALL

It can not be I2 cause the women are tall too in that region.

then why not Romanians that have as many i2 people as the whole Yougoslavia combined? Macedonians, Bulgarians? Why not I2 Hungarians, Ukrainians, Moldovans, Russians,NORTH eUROPEANS,? If you pause a second and see the map, south slavs are tall only in areas where they mixed with Illyrians. Illyrains are documented as being tall, and still are. GEG Albanians are not far behind of being tall compared to Slavs,. Every other hypothesis does not stand the proof of reality. WHO HAS A HEAD AND USES IT PROPERLY SEE THAT ASLAVS WHO MIXED WITH non Illyrians aRE NOT EXEPTIONALLY TALL

According to the Wikipedia World Height page; Slovaks and Czechs (North Europeans) are taller on average than Albanians, and other neighboring Southern Europeans (Italians, Greeks).

And yeah Romanians are majority I2 as well, but the article is saying that western South Slavs descent from a particular group of I2 hunter gatherers who solely hunted large game (mammoth etc), not that all the people who were I2 did so back then. This large game is what resulted in larger size, to improve combating such animals.

It can not be I2 cause the women are tall too in that region.

But their dads are often haplogroup I2

Found this interesting article:
https://phys.org/news/2017-04-tallness-herzegovinian-men-linked-gene.html
Summed up it says how certain hunter gatherers would have eaten meat from large prey animals, rich in protein etc, and grown to great size, and have stayed as such for long enough that it stuck to the gene pool.
From what I've heard from various sources, such a thing exists in nature where a population can have gigantism or dwarfism, depending on food supply/quality in their habitable area.
I heard on the Joe Rogan podcast how a population of lions became stranded on a large island with a population of buffalo, and ate that exclusively. After a couple of generations the lions became enormous with females being equal to typical mainland males, and their males being much larger.

No, haplo has nothing to do with height. Height is determined by many factors, some of which are genetic, and others which are not. This subject has been explained through various similar "I2a people are tallest in the world" threads. Also women do not inherit a Y-Chromosome. So, clearly illustrates it has nothing to do with YDNA.

According to the Wikipedia World Height page; Slovaks and Czechs (North Europeans) are taller on average than Albanians, and other neighboring Southern Europeans (Italians, Greeks)
The source that Wikipedia uses for the average height of Albanians is questionable, for starters it is outdated and, as far as I know, doesn't outright mention the average male height. Studies from 2017 and 2019 showed that the average height of Kosovar Albanian males was ~179-180cm. And so, the average male height of Albanians from Albania should be pretty similar, if not the same. Also, Slovaks and Czechs aren't "North Europeans".
https://bib.irb.hr/datoteka/984054.MJSSM_March_2019_Masanovic_69-76.pdf
https://www.researchgate.net/profil...Adolescents-from-Central-Region-in-Kosovo.pdf

Anyways, it is pretty clear that there is no real connection between Y-DNA and height, only coincidences. If the presence of I2 in the South Slavs was truly the reason as to why they are taller than the average European, then they should have consistently been the tallest populations in Europe. But that isn't the case. For example, in the 1880s the average height of Croats from Dalmatia was around 165cm, shorter than many Western European averages. Whilst right now it is over 180cm. https://www.researchgate.net/figure...-the-19th-century-and-the-most_fig6_264624478.

The world's 10 tallest countries

• Netherlands - 1.838m.
  • Montenegro - 1.832m.
  • Denmark - 1.826m.
  • Norway - 1.824m.
  • Serbia - 1.82m.
  • Germany - 1.81m.
  • Croatia - 1.805m.
  • Czech Republic - 1.8031m.

I2-PH908 from Serbia here, 182cm tall. This isn't considered very tall here at all.

i think that the missing link
To south slavs height could be e-v13🤔

i think that the missing link
To south slavs height could be e-v13[emoji848]
Hehe, a Y haplo again. :)

I myself am E-V13 and I'm 198 cm tall...but my sister is 181 cm and she certainly isn't E-V13. :)

It could be something about dairy farming - milk and cheese. Balkan has the longest continuity in Europe. Dutch consume also a lot of these but so do the Swiss but they aren' especially tall. It's probably a mixture of factors but it's not Y chromosome for sure.

Your sister is higher than me
I am a shorty 1.78 😂
But i am not european my direct paternal line
Was born in syria
And i think my height for middle eastern is
Ok averege🤔
Yes agree could be few factors not only y haplogroup....

Your sister is higher than me
I am a shorty 1.78 [emoji23]
But i am not european my direct paternal line
Was born in syria
And i think my height for middle eastern is
Ok averege[emoji848]
Yes agree could be few factors not only y haplogroup....
That's a normal hight. It's less stress. Buying clothes is a traumatic experience for me. I hope you don't have these problems. [emoji16]

This thread has been viewed 9886 times.

Back