Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Analysing Iron Age Italian samples

Satyavrata Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

Quote Originally Posted by real expert View Post

Once again the Iron age Italics/Latins don't have any real North African admixture. That's just noise from post-mortem damage.The Etruscan female, on the contrary, does have real North African admixture, because she's scored non
    - negligible 13% North African mix. Any detected low-level admixture in ancient people is very likely noise and not real.
    The NW African admixture isn't noise. As I explained above, that's Near Eastern admixture that is also found in Northwest Africa and was misattributed in the calculator. That's why it shows up in Neolithic European farmer samples, in Greeks and even at low frequency in modern West Europeans (at least in those who also have a bit of Southwest Asian admixture).
    My book selection---Follow me on Facebook and Twitter --- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 331
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo View Post
    The NW African admixture isn't noise. As I explained above, that's Near Eastern admixture that is also found in Northwest Africa and was misattributed in the calculator. That's why it shows up in Neolithic European farmer samples, in Greeks and even at low frequency in modern West Europeans (at least in those who also have a bit of Southwest Asian admixture).
    bottom line there is no real North African admixture in Iron age Italics/Latins. Have a good day.

Regular Member Achievements:
    Three Friends50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Community Award
    Level
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 147
    Overall activity: 62.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - BY143483
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by real expert View Post

I‘m not sure who worked on the second paper on ancient Italians but it‘s probably the Reichlab. However, there was a leaked PCA from last year with 5 Etruscans. These Etruscans appeared not to have any Phoenician or North African admixture. According to the leaked information if genuine, Etruscan hp R1b and I were detected. From what I recall the Etruscan DNA with the I1 was low coverage.

Because of uncertainty of provenance, a while ago we stopped quoting from the selective leaks.

Moderator Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassThree Friends25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 602
    Overall activity: 6.0%

Ethnic group
    Multiracial Brazilian

1 members found this post helpful.
    I don't know how helpful this may be, but I've been trying to decompose the Chalcolithic-to-Bronze Age DNA admixtures indicated in models for Ardea Latini (outlier), Roman Latini and Etruscan (excluding the outlier sample), then searching for the most parsimonious comination simpler model derived from the combination of those admixtures in different ways (usually the most plausible combinations on a geographical and historical basis). Of course this is all completely hypothetical, but I honestly think some interesting if flawed hints may be present here if we look close enough at what the data may be trying to tell us. So, the best and most credible (historically speaking) combinations and then simplifications that I could find indicate this:

Ardea Latini (outlier):
    ~72% Modern DNA: Syrian Jew or Cypriot-like West Asian / Ancient DNA: Anatolia (Kaman-Kalehöyük) or Medieval Lebanese-like West Asian
    ~28% Modern DNA: North Italian (Bergamo) or Spanish Castillian-like South European / Ancient DNA: Bronze Age Hungary or Central Italian (Boville Ernica IA)-like South European

Rome Latini (IA):
    ~70% Modern DNA: South French-like / Ancient DNA: Iberia East (IA)-like
    ~30% Ancient DNA: Minoan (Lassithi)-like

Etruscan (IA):
    29.8% Central Italy Chalcolithic (Grotta Continenza)
    29.8% Early-Middle Bronze Age England (Bell Beaker-related)
    22.2% Bronze Age Minoan (Lassithi)
    18.1%Early Bronze Age Unetice (Poland)

Of course don't take the geographical locations above too literally, because it is totally possible that e.g. some location in Austria or in Hungary in the Bronze Age was "BA Iberian-like", but this is just some food for thought, and it also gives us some hints about what could've possibly been the genetic cline of pre-IE Italy, maybe more Chalcolithic Italian-like (with less CHG/Iranian) more to the north and more Minoan-like more to the south.

Now, if you want to see the complete preferred admixtures among all the G25 Chalcolithic and Bronze Age samples and think about them on your own, here they are:

[1] "distance%=1.8989 / distance=0.018989"

ITA_Rome_Latini_IA

England_LBA 24.90
    Bell_Beaker_FRA_lowSteppe 23.50
    Bell_Beaker_Iberia_C 17.50
    GRC_Minoan_Lassithi 14.80
    Kura-Araxes_ARM_Talin 4.90
    HUN_Hunyadihalom_MCHA 4.30
    BGR_C 3.25
    DEU_Karsdorf_LN 3.20
    GRC_Minoan_Odigitria_low_res 2.80
    Anatolia_Isparta_EBA 0.85

[1] "distance%=0.8959 / distance=0.008959"

ITA_Etruscan

ITA_Grotta_Continenza_CA 26.65
    DEU_Alberstedt_LN 18.40
    BGR_C 15.80
    Corded_Ware_Proto-Unetice_POL 11.00
    England_EMBA 7.35
    Anatolia_Kaman-Kalehoyuk_MLBA_low_res 6.50
    BGR_Varna_En3 4.05
    DEU_Karsdorf_LN 3.75
    HRV_EBA 2.60
    Corded_Ware_CZE_o 2.25
    DNK_BA 1.55
    HRV_Vucedol 0.10

Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Ethnic group
    Italian

My first question would be why you find the analysis provided by the authors unsatisfactory? Certainly made sense to me, especially as their models have the benefit of using populations much more proximate in time and space, and they don't mix modern and ancient samples, which I think is always a bad idea.

Now, as to how and from where this "additional" ancestry from the Near East got into some members of Latin tribes I think we're going to have to wait and see the make-up of Bronze and Iron Age Southern Italians, and, hopefully, some Greeks from the Classical Era as well. It may well be that this type of ancestry was, as I have maintained for almost seven years now, perhaps already present there even before the time of the Greek colonization of the first millennium BC.

If we want to play around with possibilities, I would think the Sicilian Beaker would be a good place to start, since there's no genetic "Beaker" in them at all, apparently.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Moderator Achievements:

Level

Ethnic group
    Multiracial Brazilian

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    My first question would be why you find the analysis provided by the authors unsatisfactory? Certainly made sense to me, especially as their models have the benefit of using populations much more proximate in time and space, and they don't mix modern and ancient samples, which I think is always a bad idea.
    Is your post directed to me? If it is, I wonder why you'd talk about mixing modern and ancient samples, because I did not do that, quite on the contrary, I carefully avoided using any samples that are too far removed chronologically (and presumably also in terms of shared drift) from the Iron Age samples under discussion here, that is, no Mesolithic nor Neolithic samples, and no modern samples, too. Only Copper Age and Bronze Age (up to LBA or at most EIA) samples were used to model the possibilities of genetic origins of the IA Central Italian samples. The percentages of the simulated simpler sources of ancestry above were described by closest modern reference population and closest ancient reference population.

If we want to play around with possibilities, I would think the Sicilian Beaker would be a good place to start, since there's no genetic "Beaker" in them at all, apparently.
    The Sicilian BB sample is kind of weird because there is no other aDNA sample that is really close to it genetically. The closest is the Mycenaean (0.056) and "Greek" Empuries 2 (0.0605) but the differences are still big enough to suggest to me that we're probably still missing the more proximate source of this population, and that it does not seem to have been "Greek" exactly (not even in a pre-Greek Minoan-like sense), just a common history of population movements.

The Sicilian BB sample also seems to be a bad fit for the EEF+Extra "eastern" ancestry in the IA Italics and Etruscans. A much more direct similarity to Minoans, Bronze Age Anatolians and Chalcolithic/Early Bronze Age Bulgarians is always remarkable in all the models I've tried. Or maybe the Sicilian BB sample shows a local trend, but it came from a heavily drifted population? Modeling it on the basis of all Mesolithic and Neolithic DNA samples, even the best model still has a genetic distance that is still quite high (>4%), but at least it's clear it was already an "eastern-shifted" (with CHG/Iranian affinities) EEF sample.

[1] "distance%=4.298 / distance=0.04298"

Beaker_Sicily_no_steppe

Anatolia_Barcin_C 24.45
    BGR_N 23.40
    HUN_Hunyadihalom_MCHA 16.70
    UKR_N_o 12.65
    GEO_CHG 7.05
    GRC_N 6.95
    ITA_Grotta_Continenza_N_o 5.95
    HUN_ALPc_Szatmar_MN 2.85

What seems certain is that an Aegean-like genetic makeup was already in South Italy in the Bronze Age.

Moderator Achievements:

Level

Ethnic group
    Multiracial Brazilian

Quote Originally Posted by johen View Post
    Is there any possibility the admixture might come from mycenaean or cimmerian? I think the mycenaean clearly have altai culture, especially seima turbino.
    Is there anything you don't think have an Altaic origin usually via Seima-Turbino, from Western Europe to Mesoamerica? It's always a seemingly common theme in your posts.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

Well, maybe I wouldn't have been confused if you had stuck to the ancient samples labeled by name and number and time period instead of making some sort of equivalence to modern populations.

I still don't understand why you would think this is more informative than the analysis done in the paper in terms of the admixture which created the "outlier" or atypical samples.

It's clear that in terms of the two "outliers", the samples are a mixture of locals and varying amounts of more "eastern" ancestry, with everything pointing to Anatolia or the Caucasus. Had there been all this "Levantine" ancestry in R850, for example, the modeling which I looked at in the Supplement would have found it.

The "other" samples are a mixture of locals and steppe admixed groups from Central Europe. If your interest is whether those Central European groups were more "western" or "eastern", then I would say wait for more samples from Bronze Age Northern Italy.

I've rarely seen all this amateur modeling accurately tell the story.

It's your time, of course.

Moderator Achievements:

Level

Ethnic group
    Multiracial Brazilian

Well, maybe I wouldn't have been confused if you had stuck to the ancient samples labeled by name and number and time period instead of making some sort of equivalence to modern populations.
    Well, I did include the names of the ancient samples, e.g. here: "~28% Modern DNA: North Italian (Bergamo) or Spanish Castillian-like South European / Ancient DNA: Bronze Age Hungary or Central Italian (Boville Ernica IA)-like South European". Sorry if the layout of my text wasn't clear.

I still don't understand why you would think this is more informative than the analysis done in the paper in terms of the admixture which created the "outlier" or atypical samples.

It's clear that in terms of the two "outliers", the samples are a mixture of locals and varying amounts of more "eastern" ancestry, with everything pointing to Anatolia or the Caucasus. Had there been all this "Levantine" ancestry in R850, for example, the modeling which I looked at in the Supplement would have found it.

The "other" samples are a mixture of locals and steppe admixed groups from Central Europe. If your interest is whether those Central European groups were more "western" or "eastern", then I would say wait for more samples from Bronze Age Northern Italy.

I've rarely seen all this amateur modeling accurately tell the story.

It's your time, of course.
    In my opinion that's basically because what those models you printed in your previous post are the best two-way mixture models. But are two-way mixtures really the most plausible scenario for these individuals' genetic history? I'm not sure... Honestly I don't think the best explanation for local outliers in Iron Age Italy is that a miraculously unmixed Chalcolithic Italian population mixed with a steppe-admixed population right from Iron Age Anatolia (which also happens to be most likely a descendant of a Cimmerian/Scythian immigrant, not a typical Anatolian, because the sample has some East Asian ancestry alongside steppe ancestry, so how likely is that?) or straight from Late Bronze Age Armenia? And that mix would've created a culturally Italic indvidual?

Hmm, I'm not sure that works when you consider other things besides only hypothetical genetic fits... I'll go with my amateur model just for now until I find a more historically convincing model. I for one think it's much more parsimonious (geographically, historically, economically etc.) that what happened there was a model like mine, with an already mixed Boville Ernica (IA)-like people - clearly already Italic - mixing with a Cypriot-like MLBA Anatolia (Kalman-Kalehöyük)-like people.

By the way, the Anatolia IA and the Armenia LBA samples also have quite a bit of BA Levantine ancestry, so the Levantine affinities are definitely there in RM50 (Ardea outlier), though of course that does not mean it came from the Levant. My bet would rather be Cyprus or Central-Southwestern Anatolia. We'll see in further studies with more samples and more specific, proximate reference populations.

Satyavrata Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

2 members found this post helpful.
    Thanks for your analysis, Ygorcs. Very interesting.

I also noticed that Iron-age Latins appear to be closest to Southeast French and North Italians.

I agree that the original Italic tribes would have been very Celtic-like as they share common roots in the Urnfield and Hallstatt cultures. The Urnfield culture spread to northern Italy, but also Southeast France and Catalonia, which may be why, with the shared ancestry, many Iron Age Latin samples score high similarities with southern France and Catalonia in addition to northern Italy.

Hallstatt and La Tène Celts from around the Alps later spread to Belgium, France, Iberia and Britain, so it isn't surprising to find similarities between Bronze/Iron Age Iberia, Gaul and Britain and Iron Age central and northern Italy (including Etruscans).

Like Angela said, the people living in Italy prior to the Italic invasions probably possessed some Near Eastern Kura-Araxes-like (Bronze Age Armenia/Anatolia/Levant) admixture. So when Villanovans and Italics mixed with them that gave us the hybrid individuals we witness in Iron Age Latium.

I would think that Iron Age South Italians would be a blend of that Kura-Araxes-like people with genetically similar Greek colonists. That's why imperial, medieval and modern South Italians are so close to the Greeks. The original South Italians were already quite Greek-like.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

I also noticed that Iron-age Latins appear to be closest to Southeast French and North Italians.

I agree that the original Italic tribes would have been very Celtic-like as they share common roots in the Urnfield and Hallstatt cultures. The Urnfield culture spread to northern Italy, but also Southeast France and Catalonia, which may be why, with the shared ancestry, many Iron Age Latin samples score high similarities with southern France and Catalonia in addition to northern Italy.

Hallstatt and La Tène Celts from around the Alps later spread to Belgium, France, Iberia and Britain, so it isn't surprising to find similarities between Bronze/Iron Age Iberia, Gaul and Britain and Iron Age central and northern Italy (including Etruscans).

Like Angela said, the people living in Italy prior to the Italic invasions probably possessed some Near Eastern Kura-Araxes-like (Bronze Age Armenia/Anatolia/Levant) admixture. So when Villanovans and Italics mixed with them that gave us the hybrid individuals we witness in Iron Age Latium.

I would think that Iron Age South Italians would be a blend of that Kura-Araxes-like people with genetically similar Greek colonists. That's why imperial, medieval and modern South Italians are so close to the Greeks. The original South Italians were already quite Greek-like.
    The ancient dna coming from the Reich Lab will hopefully clarify matters, but as of now that also seems to me to be the likeliest scenario.

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

Here is a modeling of myself using coordinates I've composed.

I've excluded samples from beyond the Iron age.

Code:
    R850_Iron_Age_Ardea,7.30,0,4.52,1.08,21.26,10.54,0,0.43,14.77,0,40.10,0
    R851_Iron_Age_Ardea,1.59,0,1.39,0,49.28,24.97,0,0.14,1.93,0,20.26,0.45
    R435_Iron_Age_Palestrina_Colombella,4.84,0.64,0.65,0,47.12,28.54,0.15,0,4.13,0,13.40,0.53
    R437_Iron_Age_Palestrina_Selicata,6.45,0,3.03,0,33.19,11.94,0,0,11.63,0,33.74,0.02
    R475_Iron_Age_Civitavecchia,0,0,13.01,0,38.12,12.14,0.37,1.98,11.26,0,22.70,0.42
    R474_Iron_Age_Civitavecchia,7.18,0.17,2.38,0,39.08,25.74,0,0,5.98,0,18.84,0.66
    R473_Iron_Age_Civitavecchia,1.01,0,0.68,0.15,47.26,22.79,0,0.21,7.39,0.21,20.17,0.34
    R1015_Iron_Age_Veio_Grotta_Gramiccia,1.56,0.19,2.85,0,47.15,21.66,0,0,5.46,0,20.85,0
    R1_Iron_Age_Protovillanovan_Martinsicuro,5.02,1.78,1.33,0,35.08,26.46,0,0,5.43,0,24.50,0.40
    R1016_Iron_Age_Castel_di_Decima,3.86,0.98,1.53,0.19,47.23,20.37,1.43,0,3.31,0,21.10,0
    R1021_Iron_Age_Boville_Ernica,2.11,0,1.96,0.60,47.70,24.04,0,0,1.33,0,22.26,0
    R2_Neolithic_Grotta_Continenza,0,0,3.98,0,54.75,0,0,0,11.90,0,29.37,0
    R8_Neolithic_Grotta_Continenza,0,0,2.83,0,53.23,0,0,0,13.82,0.25,29.87,0
    R9_Neolithic_Grotta_Continenza,0,0,3.27,0,50.85,0,0,0,13.25,0,32.63,0
    R6_Neolithic_Grotta_Continenza,0,0,5.17,0,66.71,11.16,0,0.32,7.34,0.20,9.11,0
    R3_Neolithic_Grotta_Continenza,0,0,4.22,0.05,52.70,0,0,0,11.29,0,31.68,0.06
    R10_Neolithic_Grotta_Continenza,0,0,3.50,0,53.49,0,0,0,13.65,0,29.36,0
    R16_Neolithic_Ripabianca_di_Monterado,0,0,2.95,0,58.11,1.77,0,0,9.21,0,27.95,0
    R17_Neolithic_Ripabianca_di_Monterado,0,0,4.12,0,50.89,3.18,0,0,13.16,0,28.66,0
    R19_Neolithic_Ripabianca_di_Monterado,0,0,3.88,0,56.14,0.65,0,0,10.10,0,29.22,0
    R18_Neolithic_Ripabianca_di_Monterado,0,0,3.76,0,52.08,0,0,0.13,9.55,0,34.48,0
    R4_Chalcolithic_Grotta_Continenza,0,0,2.77,0.12,60.45,3.99,0,0,10.54,0.02,21.81,0.32
    R5_Chalcolithic_Grotta_Continenza,0,0,2.97,0,63.17,3.07,0,0,10.39,0,20.40,0
    R1014_Chalcolithic_Monte_San_Biagio,0,0,4.04,0,62.82,4.57,0,0,10.06,0,18.52,0
    R11_Mesolithic_Grotta_Continenza,0,0,0,0.61,34.46,64.51,0,0,0,0,0,0.42
    R15_Mesolithic_Grotta_Continenza,0,0,0,0.14,34.33,64.73,0,0,0,0,0,0.79
    I2937_Greece_Neolithic_Diros_Alepotrypa_Cave,0,0,2.55,1.31,44.77,0,0,0,12.74,0,36.69,1.95
    I0071_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Hagios_Charalambos_Cave_Lasithi_Crete,0.49,0,3.07,0,37.80,0.67,0,0,13.01,0,44.93,0.03
    I0070_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Hagios_Charalambos_Cave_Lasithi_Crete,0,0,1.28,0.51,37.14,0,0,0,15.36,0,45.71,0
    I0073_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Hagios_Charalambos_Cave_Lasithi_Crete,0,0,3.39,0.38,35.55,0,0,0,13.26,0,47.43,0
    I0074_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Hagios_Charalambos_Cave_Lasithi_Crete,0.41,0,4.34,0,39.06,0,0,0,12.70,0,43.49,0
    I9005_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Hagios_Charalambos_Cave_Lasithi_Crete,1.52,0,5.68,0,37.33,0,0,0,16.14,0,39.25,0.08
    I9006_Bronze_Age_Mycenaean_Agia_Kyriaki_Salamis,4.14,0,1.89,0,36.48,4.77,0,0,8.08,1.19,43.45,0
    I9123_Bronze_Age_Armenoi_Crete,6.11,0,2.47,0,40.07,15.84,0,0,9.79,0.87,24.86,0
    I9127_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Moni_Odigitria_Heraklion_Crete,0,0,0,0,40.48,0,0,0,4.75,0,54.78,0
    I9128_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Moni_Odigitria_Heraklion_Crete,3.72,0.51,3.62,0,53.24,0,0,0,14.12,2.88,21.92,0
    I9129_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Moni_Odigitria_Heraklion_Crete,0,0,6.66,0,43.44,0,0,0,11.86,0,37.93,0
    I9130_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Moni_Odigitria_Heraklion_Crete,1.10,0,0,0,43.10,0,0,0,17.55,0,38.25,0
    I9131_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Moni_Odigitria_Heraklion_Crete,4.59,0,0,0,33.89,0,0,0,19.71,0,41.08,0.73
    I9010_Bronze_Age_Mycenaean_Galatas_Apatheia_Peloponnese,0,0,3.52,1.43,38.53,7.73,0,0.65,13.96,0,34.19,0
    I9033_Bronze_Age_Mycenaean_Peristeria_Tryfilia_Peloponnese,1.33,1.22,3.40,0,40.19,9.10,0.52,0,7.58,0.48,33.22,2.96
    I9041_Bronze_Age_Mycenaean_Galatas_Apatheia_Peloponnese,2.87,0,2.57,0,37.48,8.67,0,0.36,10.29,0,37.52,0.24
    I2495_Bronze_Age_Anatolian_Harmanӧren-GӧndürleHӧyük_Isparta,6.79,0,1.92,1.07,27.17,4.07,0,0,14.65,0,42.98,1.35
    I2499_Bronze_Age_Anatolian_Harmanӧren-GӧndürleHӧyük_Isparta,9.21,0,0.11,0.47,27.71,4.33,0,0.81,12.84,0,44.53,0
    I2683_Bronze_Age_Anatolian_Harmanӧren-GӧndürleHӧyük_Isparta,9.16,0.07,1.74,0.67,24.77,1.32,0,0,14.88,0,45.56,1.81
    ASH2-3_Iron_Age1,4.96,0,12.41,0,10.20,0,4.20,0,1.89,0,66.34,0
    ASH008_Iron_Age2,10.84,0,4.00,0,11.39,0,0,0.63,29.23,0,43.90,0
    ASH029_Late_Bronze_Age,8.31,0,9.61,0,12.28,6.19,0,0,27.92,0,35.69,0
    ASH033_Late_Bronze_Age,5.83,0,4.07,0,10.30,3.87,0,0,28.76,0,47.17,0
    ASH034_Late_Bronze_Age,10.82,0,3.64,0.66,14.01,0,0,0.84,25.02,0,45.01,0
    ASH066_Iron_Age1,9.21,0,7.83,0,15.39,0,5.06,0.07,22.99,0.97,37.59,0.90
    ASH067_Iron_Age1,9.18,0,3.02,0,23.86,2.30,0,0,19.31,0,42.33,0
    ASH068_Iron_Age1,0,0,0,1.65,39.53,8.59,0,0.65,14.61,0,34.97,0
    ASH087_Iron_Age2,5.64,1.37,3.88,0,12.66,0,0,2.67,32.15,0,41.63,0
    ASH135_Iron_Age2,5.14,0,17.24,0.39,6.20,6.72,0,3.35,27.59,0,33.18,0.18
    I2478_Bronze_Age_Beaker_Northern_Italy,5.34,0,0,0,47.45,28.85,0.64,0,3.59,1.22,12.27,0.65
    I2477_Bronze_Age_Beaker_Northern_Italy,0,0,6.01,0.21,60.29,7.43,0,0.07,7.60,0.08,18.30,0
    I1979_Bronze_Age_Beaker_Northern_Italy,0,1.31,0,0,43.62,20.47,0,0,8.75,0,25.64,0.20
    I4930_Bronze_Age_Beaker_Sicily,0,0,10.64,0,41.31,0.42,0,0,9.55,0,38.08,0
    I1072_Natufian,0,0,24.90,0,14.16,0,0,6.27,43.78,0,10.88,0
    AfontovaGora3_Russia,23.68,16.94,0,0,0,54.64,3.29,0,0,0,0,1.45
    BerryAuBac_Mesolithic_France,0,1.85,0,0,28.82,67.70,0,0,0,0,0,1.63
    Bockstein_Mesolithic_Germany,0,0,0,0.67,25.22,74.11,0,0,0,0,0,0
    Brillenhohle_Magdalenian_Germany,0,0,0,5.65,33.07,28.32,20.64,0,0,0,0,12.31
    Burkhardtshohle_Magdalenian_Germany,5.51,6.42,0,3.94,22.93,33.58,18.00,0,6.95,0,0,2.66
    Cioclovina1_Romania,10.77,4.36,3.36,0,14.01,38.47,6.85,16.21,0,5.26,0,0.70
    Continenza_Mesolithic_Italy,0,0,0,0,32.41,62.98,0,0,0,0,0,4.61
    ElMiron_Magdalenian_Spain,0,1.03,0,7.12,32.40,48.81,7.24,0.45,0,0,0,2.96
    Falkenstein_Mesolithic_Germany,0,0,0,0,32.37,57.17,6.37,1.03,0,0,0,3.07
    BAJ001_Baja_PPNB,0,0,12.94,0,16.87,0,0,3.01,40.47,0,26.71,0
    KFH2_KfarHaHoresh_PPNB,0,0,10.93,0,32.28,0,0,3.45,25.77,0,27.48,0
    ZBC_Pinarbasi_Epipalaeolithic,0,0,3.31,0.74,54.04,2.60,0,0,11.01,0,28.30,0
    ZHAG_Boncuklu_Aceramic,0,0,4.14,0,51.61,1.73,0,0,9.84,0,32.49,0.18
    ZHAJ_Boncuklu_Aceramic,0,0,1.85,0,51.83,3.78,0,0,9.79,0.15,32.60,0
    ZHJ_Boncuklu_Aceramic,0,0,2.60,1.06,52.28,3.43,0,0.29,7.07,0,33.28,0
    ZKO_Boncuklu_Aceramic,0,0,4.12,0,52.24,2.39,0,0,10.69,0.26,30.31,0
    ZMOJ_Boncuklu_Aceramic,0,0,4.27,0,50.17,2.88,0.16,0,10.23,0.63,31.67,0
    ANI152_Varna,0,0,0,7.78,44.92,3.01,0,0,11.36,0,32.93,0
    ANI153_Varna,2.13,0,0,0,51.89,5.96,5.65,3.03,10.35,0,20.99,0
    ANI159_ANI181_Varna,0,0,3.07,0,44.93,10.49,0,0,12.13,0,29.38,0
    ANI160_Varna_Outlier,0,0,0,0,52.83,10.79,0,0,10.03,0,26.35,0
    ANI163_Varna_Outlier,8.64,0,2.63,0,29.14,44.17,0.62,0,0.66,0,13.52,0.02
    BerryAuBac_WHG,0,1.85,0,0,28.82,67.70,0,0,0,0,0,1.63
    Bul10_Balkans_BronzeAge,0,0,0,0,45.69,16.17,0,0,9.24,1.84,27.06,0
    Bul4_Yamnaya_Bulgaria,13.70,0,0,0.39,21.45,36.70,0.52,0,4.57,0,21.63,1.04
    Bul6_Balkans_BronzeAge,0,0,2.20,0,40.23,19.89,0,0,12.69,0,24.99,0
    Bul8_Balkans_BronzeAge,10.29,0,0,0,46.67,31.49,0,0,3.15,0,0,8.41
    I0633_Balkans_Neolithic,0,0,3.48,0,48.68,0,0,0,12.28,0,35.57,0
    I0634_Balkans_Neolithic,0,0,3.04,0,51.34,0,0,0,13.43,0.25,31.76,0.17
    I0676_Balkans_Neolithic,0,0,4.22,0,51.96,0,0,0,11.72,0,32.09,0
    I0679_Krepost_Neolithic,4.98,0,2.66,0.27,34.26,1.16,0,0,13.05,0,43.56,0.06
    I0698_Balkans_Neolithic,0,0,4.76,0,52.43,0,0,0,13.38,0,29.43,0
    I0706_Balkans_Neolithic,0,0,1.22,0.90,48.64,14.14,0,0,6.76,0,28.32,0.02
    I0785_Balkans_Chalcolithic,0,0,3.23,0,49.57,0,0,0,17.01,0,30.19,0
    I1109_Malak_Preslavets,0,0.07,2.03,0,50.22,7.11,0,0,12.90,0.10,27.56,0
    I1113_Malak_Preslavets,0,0,0.20,0,45.55,29.58,0,0,7.27,0,16.75,0.66
    I1131_Balkans_Neolithic,0,0,2.38,0.10,55.06,0,0,0,12.85,0,29.57,0.04
    I1295_Malak_Preslavets,0,0,3.14,0,49.84,12.28,0,0,6.83,0.03,27.49,0.39
    I1296_Malak_Preslavets,0,0,7.53,0,56.78,8.14,2.34,1.97,5.09,0,17.29,0.87
    I1297_Malak_Preslavets,0,0,0,0,52.70,25.39,0,0,8.05,0,13.87,0
    I1298_Balkans_Neolithic,0,0,5.68,1.17,60.20,1.94,0,0,5.84,0,25.18,0
    I1378_Ukraine_Neolithic,0,3.29,0,0,13.84,80.25,1.49,0,0,0,0,1.13
    I1732_Ukraine_Neolithic,0,3.69,0,0.70,11.75,81.69,0,0,0,0,0,2.17
    I1733_Ukraine_Mesolithic,3.27,5.95,0,0,3.40,84.65,1.72,0,0,0,0,1.01
    I1734_Ukraine_Mesolithic,0,0,0,3.52,15.94,79.32,0.74,0,0,0,0,0.48
    I1736_Ukraine_Neolithic,0.06,3.99,0,0.60,13.73,79.64,0.56,0,0,0,0,1.43
    I1737_Ukraine_Mesolithic,0.99,6.76,0.30,0,3.76,84.77,0,0.47,0,0,0,2.95
    I1738_Ukraine_Neolithic,0,2.86,0,0.81,11.84,80.73,1.99,0,0,0,0,1.76
    I1763_Ukraine_Mesolithic,1.08,6.19,0,0,6.22,82.54,2.87,0,0,0,0,1.09
    I1819_Ukraine_Mesolithic,0.57,6.34,0,0,6.59,82.83,1.27,0,0,0,0,2.40
    I1875_WHG,0,0,0,0.40,29.90,68.92,0,0,0,0,0,0.78
    I1917_Yamnaya_Ukraine_outlier,25.57,2.46,0,0,8.35,36.23,0,0,0,0,26.10,1.29
    I1926_Trypillia,0,0,2.41,0,54.57,16.20,0,0,9.41,0,17.41,0
    I2105_Yamnaya_Ukraine,25.51,2.91,0,0,2.31,59.02,1.42,0.63,0,0,7.57,0.64
    I2110_Trypillia,0,0,3.57,0.44,54.23,16.16,0,1.34,6.95,0,20.31,0
    I2111_Trypillia,0,0,5.24,0,46.15,18.81,0,0,12.04,0,17.76,0
    I2158_WHG,0,0.46,1.21,28.80,69.54,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    I2163_Balkans_BronzeAge,21.63,1.00,0,1.01,17.80,51.39,1.00,0,0,0,5.18,0.99
    I2165_Balkans_BronzeAge,4.00,0,2.29,0,31.35,34.24,0.17,0,4.66,0,22.50,0.79
    I2175_Balkans_BronzeAge,0,0.24,3.96,0.15,44.81,16.75,0,0,8.23,0,25.87,0
    I2176_Balkans_BronzeAge,0,0.13,4.71,0,41.53,21.46,0,0,8.26,0,23.91,0
    I2181_Balkans_Chalcolithic_outlier,1.19,0,0,0,41.79,37.57,0,0,4.43,0.31,14.71,0
    I2215_Malak_Preslavets,0,1.10,4.90,0,46.06,26.49,0,0.33,5.15,0,14.83,1.15
    I2216_Malak_Preslavets,0,0,3.02,0,51.29,1.02,0,0,11.44,0,33.22,0
    I2318_Peloponnese_Neolithic,0,0,1.09,0,44.62,0,0,0,13.77,0,40.52,0
    I2403_Globular_Amphora,0,0.83,2.31,0,59.88,25.84,0,0,6.36,0,4.78,0
    I2405_Globular_Amphora,0,0,0,0,69.86,17.08,0,0,4.81,0,8.25,0
    I2423_Balkans_Chalcolithic,0,0,3.23,0,48.97,5.31,0,0,13.48,0,28.88,0.13
    I2424_Balkans_Chalcolithic,0,0,3.73,0,45.99,6.95,0,0,13.64,0,29.69,0
    I2425_Balkans_Chalcolithic,0,0,4.44,0,54.61,8.79,0,0,6.31,0,25.84,0
    I2426_Balkans_Chalcolithic,0,0,3.32,0,47.06,8.21,0,0,21.64,0,19.77,0
    I2427_Balkans_Chalcolithic,0,0,3.93,0,44.78,4.58,0,0,14.21,0,32.50,0
    I2430_Balkans_Chalcolithic,0,0,2.70,0,47.75,8.28,0,0,12.82,0,28.45,0
    I2431_Balkans_Chalcolithic,0,0,4.01,0,48.30,9.01,0,0,10.16,0,28.52,0
    I2433_Globular_Amphora,0,0,4.98,0,61.34,19.23,0,0,5.45,0,9.00,0
    I2434_Globular_Amphora,0,0,0.42,0,64.12,19.13,0,0,7.08,0,9.25,0
    I2440_Globular_Amphora,0,0,1.32,0,58.65,19.93,0,0,7.59,0,11.71,0.80
    I2441_Globular_Amphora,0,0,3.56,0,61.46,18.19,0,0,7.23,0.06,9.34,0.16
    I2509_Balkans_Chalcolithic,0,0,6.02,0,47.70,1.62,0,0,12.45,0,32.20,0
    I2510_Balkans_BronzeAge,0,0,2.52,0,51.52,1.22,0,0,13.30,0,31.44,0
    I2519_Balkans_Chalcolithic,0,0,3.96,0.24,45.47,0.39,0,0,14.22,0,35.72,0
    I2520_Balkans_BronzeAge,0,0,3.13,0.78,43.29,22.62,0.71,0,9.26,0.28,19.92,0
    I2521_Balkans_Neolithic,0,0,5.12,0,47.12,0,0,0,13.49,0.10,34.16,0
    I2526_Balkans_Neolithic,0,0,4.07,0,51.63,0,0,0,11.52,0,32.78,0
    I2532_Balkans_Neolithic,0,0,2.40,0,50.58,0,0,0,12.65,0.10,34.28,0
    I2533_Balkans_Neolithic,0,0,3.27,0,52.14,0,0,0,12.35,0.08,32.16,0
    I2534_Romania_HG,0,2.14,0,0,18.04,78.83,0,0,0,0,0,0.99
    I2792_Vucedol,0,0,0.78,0,56.22,0.49,0,0,11.23,0,31.28,0
    I3141_Yamnaya_Ukraine,24.88,3.51,0,0,2.65,64.42,2.26,0,0,0,2.26,0
    I3151_Trypillia,0,0,0.33,0,49.59,21.98,5.24,0,0,0,22.85,0
    I3433_Balkans_Neolithic,0,0,5.80,0,52.00,0,0,0,13.92,0.10,28.19,0
    I3498_Balkans_Neolithic,0,0,6.69,0,45.25,0,0,0,13.99,0,34.07,0
    I3708_Peloponnese_Neolithic,0,0,4.40,0,44.20,0,0,0,15.81,0,35.60,0
    I3709_Peloponnese_Neolithic,0,0,3.87,0.15,40.64,0,0,0,13.33,0,41.69,0.32
    I3712_Ukraine_Neolithic,0,0,0,0.59,11.20,81.21,4.89,0,0,0,0,2.11
    I3714_Ukraine_Neolithic,0.58,7.70,0,0,9.81,81.91,0,0,0,0,0,0
    I3716_Ukraine_Neolithic,0,2.29,0,1.33,11.76,84.40,0.23,0,0,0,0,0
    I3717_Ukraine_Neolithic,0.85,4.42,0,0,14.88,76.09,3.24,0,0,0,0,0.51
    I3718_Ukraine_Neolithic,0,3.64,0,0.45,13.20,80.43,1.27,0,0,0,0,1.01
    I3719_Ukraine_Neolithic_outlier,0,0,3.76,0,49.10,0,0,0,12.09,0,35.05,0
    I3879_Malak_Preslavets,0,0,9.28,0,52.94,0,0,0,17.30,0,20.48,0
    I3948_Balkans_Neolithic,0,0,4.61,0,51.17,0,0,0,13.65,0,30.57,0
    I4081_Iron_Gates_HG,0,0.34,0,1.44,23.83,74.34,0,0,0,0,0,0.05
    I4088_Balkans_Chalcolithic,0,0,2.60,0,49.80,9.81,0,0.10,13.17,0.19,24.12,0.21
    I4089_Balkans_Chalcolithic,0,0,3.55,0,48.23,8.00,0,0,14.75,0,25.46,0
    I4110_Ukraine_Eneolithic,5.97,0,0.50,1.19,31.48,56.13,2.20,0,0,0,1.85,0.69
    I4111_Ukraine_Neolithic,0,0,0,4.67,16.96,76.50,1.48,0,0,0,0,0.39
    I4112_Ukraine_Neolithic,0,0,0,0,3.80,90.66,0,0,0,4.16,0,1.38
    I4114_Ukraine_Neolithic,0,2.67,0,0.56,9.61,84.68,1.07,0,0,0,0,1.40
    I4167_Balkans_Neolithic,0,0,0,0,59.00,0,0,0,10.63,2.65,26.89,0.83
    I4168_Balkans_Neolithic,0,0,1.41,0,54.81,1.57,0,0,13.72,0,28.48,0
    I4175_Vucedol,19.97,0.27,0,0,23.77,43.21,0,1.53,4.51,0,6.74,0
    I4331_Balkans_BronzeAge,4.65,0,0.65,0,38.24,27.11,0,0,5.98,0,23.37,0
    I4435_Latvia_MN,8.38,9.91,0,0,0,80.09,1.19,0,0,0,0,0.44
    I4436_Latvia_MN,1.18,6.59,0,0,5.70,82.95,3.13,0,0,0,0,0.45
    I4437_Latvia_MN,0,2.47,0,0.01,19.03,77.81,0.36,0,0,0,0,0.31
    There can be no covenants between men and lions

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 397
    Overall activity: 7.0%

where would that Kura-Araxes have come from?
    from Myceneans and Greeks maybe?

there is a paper about the western Medittaranean (Sardinia, Baleares, Iberia), and if I recall well it shows only late (phoenician/greek) arrival of this type of admixture

on the other hand, that type of admixture may already have arrived in the Aegean and in Troy during early Heladic (Cycladic culture) and slightly prior to the foundation of Troy, ca 5 ka
    by the time of Myceneans the incoming Kura-Araxes was already heavily admixed with Aegean or Anatolian EEF and had also recieved a tad of steppe

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

Bronze Age Beaker sample from Sicily.
    Distance to: I4930_Bronze_Age_Beaker_Sicily
    17.75790528 Morocco_Jews
    18.68690451 Sephardic_Jews
    20.97808233 Italy_Calabria
    21.34804441 Ashkenazi
    21.53729198 Italy_Campania
    22.10654428 Ashkenazy_Jews
    22.14209035 Italy_Sicily
    23.06039410 France_Corsica
    23.21633691 Italy_Abruzzo
    24.42997540 Italy_Marche
    24.76014943 Greek_Crete
    25.52503884 Italy_Apulia
    25.78033095 Italy_Lazio
    26.09522945 Greek
    26.45275033 Italy_Romagna
    27.37371002 Cypriots
    27.69570021 Italy_Tuscany
    28.93280683 Italy_Emilia
    29.16867275 Italy_Liguria
    29.84378662 Greek_Cappadocia
    31.19259556 Italy_Lombardy
    31.21225240 Nusayri_Turkey
    32.33615314 Crimean_Tatar_Coast
    32.69854890 Italy_Piedmont
    32.70471526 Albanian_Kosovo

Fits are bad, but more eastern and even southeastern ancestry was already in Sicily pretty damn early, I would say.

Original dodecad seems more reasonable, as always, though the fits are still bad.
    Distance to: I4930_Bronze_Age_Beaker_Sicily
    17.75790528 Morocco_Jews
    18.18684415 Sicilian
    18.68690451 Sephardic_Jews
    19.18726140 S_Italian_Sicilian
    21.20363412 C_Italian
    21.34804441 Ashkenazi
    22.10654428 Ashkenazy_Jews
    23.35725583 Tuscan
    24.08437253 TSI30
    26.09522945 Greek
    27.25755308 O_Italian
    27.37371002 Cypriots
    28.92887312 North_Italian
    30.30025412 N_Italian
    33.40130237 Canarias
    34.58367245 Andalucia
    35.04589848 Baleares
    35.06321149 Sardinian
    35.24731195 Murcia
    35.29380966 Lebanese
    35.44868122 Turkish
    35.86672413 Druze
    36.96170992 Extremadura
    37.15035128 Galicia
    37.28312085 Portuguese

As I said, I think something is wrong with the samples people just added to the "updated" sources, using their "own" collection, instead of academic samples.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

Here are the Iron age samples vs all of the other samples I composed, up until the Iron Age:

Distance to: R1016_Iron_Age_Castel_di_Decima
    7.35068024 I3151_Trypillia
    8.76047373 I2520_Balkans_BronzeAge
    9.09492716 I1979_Bronze_Age_Beaker_Northern_Italy
    9.45085710 I2175_Balkans_BronzeAge
    9.68979876 I2176_Balkans_BronzeAge
    10.22361971 I2110_Trypillia
    10.55012322 I2215_Malak_Preslavets
    10.69418534 Bul10_Balkans_BronzeAge
    11.07581148 I2111_Trypillia
    11.10573726 I0706_Balkans_Neolithic
    11.73281296 I9123_Bronze_Age_Armenoi_Crete
    11.86617040 I1926_Trypillia
    11.93298370 I1113_Malak_Preslavets
    11.95698122 I4331_Balkans_BronzeAge
    12.09002895 I1295_Malak_Preslavets
    12.25331384 I1297_Malak_Preslavets
    12.57254549 I2478_Bronze_Age_Beaker_Northern_Italy
    13.06662925 Bul6_Balkans_BronzeAge
    14.70167337 ANI160_Varna_Outlier
    15.60879880 I4088_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    15.69832794 I2425_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    15.99142270 I2440_Globular_Amphora
    16.00827286 I2431_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    16.41852003 ANI159_ANI181_Varna
    17.61280784 I2430_Balkans_Chalcolithic

Distance to: R1_Iron_Age_Protovillanovan_Martinsicuro
    3.98938592 I4331_Balkans_BronzeAge
    9.18398606 I2165_Balkans_BronzeAge
    10.69891583 I2176_Balkans_BronzeAge
    12.18047208 I1979_Bronze_Age_Beaker_Northern_Italy
    12.27822056 I2520_Balkans_BronzeAge
    12.32561560 Bul6_Balkans_BronzeAge
    12.78267186 I9123_Bronze_Age_Armenoi_Crete
    14.57795253 I1113_Malak_Preslavets
    15.27564401 I2175_Balkans_BronzeAge
    15.91312980 I2215_Malak_Preslavets
    16.52904111 Bul10_Balkans_BronzeAge
    16.88675813 I2181_Balkans_Chalcolithic_outlier
    17.72015801 I2111_Trypillia
    17.85182624 I2478_Bronze_Age_Beaker_Northern_Italy
    17.88307300 I3151_Trypillia
    19.51211931 Bul4_Yamnaya_Bulgaria
    19.52825133 I0706_Balkans_Neolithic
    20.81853981 I9033_Bronze_Age_Mycenaean_Peristeria_Tryfilia_Pel oponnese
    21.26791480 ANI159_ANI181_Varna
    21.48199246 I1295_Malak_Preslavets
    21.48879475 I1297_Malak_Preslavets
    22.59939380 ANI163_Varna_Outlier
    22.90999345 I9041_Bronze_Age_Mycenaean_Galatas_Apatheia_Pelopo nnese
    22.98291974 I2110_Trypillia
    23.52690800 I2431_Balkans_Chalcolithic

Distance to: R1015_Iron_Age_Veio_Grotta_Gramiccia
    5.90466765 I2520_Balkans_BronzeAge
    7.39762124 I2176_Balkans_BronzeAge
    7.71334558 I1979_Bronze_Age_Beaker_Northern_Italy
    8.13312363 I2175_Balkans_BronzeAge
    8.35159266 I2215_Malak_Preslavets
    8.37548805 I2111_Trypillia
    8.72612743 I3151_Trypillia
    9.37365457 I2110_Trypillia
    9.76218725 I1113_Malak_Preslavets
    9.95499874 Bul10_Balkans_BronzeAge
    10.52312216 I1297_Malak_Preslavets
    10.72228520 I1926_Trypillia
    11.05433851 I0706_Balkans_Neolithic
    11.10513395 Bul6_Balkans_BronzeAge
    11.40769915 I4331_Balkans_BronzeAge
    11.85190702 I9123_Bronze_Age_Armenoi_Crete
    11.99557418 I1295_Malak_Preslavets
    12.39624540 I2478_Bronze_Age_Beaker_Northern_Italy
    14.56524631 ANI160_Varna_Outlier
    14.83928570 I4088_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    15.12514463 I2440_Globular_Amphora
    15.68691174 I2431_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    15.79446739 ANI159_ANI181_Varna
    15.87163823 I2425_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    17.14077595 I2430_Balkans_Chalcolithic

Distance to: R473_Iron_Age_Civitavecchia
    5.23807216 I2520_Balkans_BronzeAge
    7.33017053 I1979_Bronze_Age_Beaker_Northern_Italy
    7.88686249 I1113_Malak_Preslavets
    8.15739542 I2111_Trypillia
    8.17621551 I2176_Balkans_BronzeAge
    8.33299466 I2215_Malak_Preslavets
    8.84239786 I1297_Malak_Preslavets
    9.36587423 I2175_Balkans_BronzeAge
    9.83392089 I3151_Trypillia
    10.07499380 Bul10_Balkans_BronzeAge
    10.18056482 I2110_Trypillia
    10.61650131 Bul6_Balkans_BronzeAge
    10.62080505 I1926_Trypillia
    11.21283639 I4331_Balkans_BronzeAge
    11.59367931 I2478_Bronze_Age_Beaker_Northern_Italy
    12.06694245 I0706_Balkans_Neolithic
    12.55335015 I9123_Bronze_Age_Armenoi_Crete
    13.34862165 I1295_Malak_Preslavets
    14.53531217 I2440_Globular_Amphora
    14.89616394 ANI160_Varna_Outlier
    15.12287340 I4088_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    16.46113909 ANI159_ANI181_Varna
    16.75412487 I2431_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    16.95964327 I2181_Balkans_Chalcolithic_outlier
    17.28357023 I2425_Balkans_Chalcolithic

Distance to: R474_Iron_Age_Civitavecchia
    5.74122809 I4331_Balkans_BronzeAge
    9.65161126 I2520_Balkans_BronzeAge
    10.61332653 I2176_Balkans_BronzeAge
    10.90744700 I1113_Malak_Preslavets
    11.18787737 I2215_Malak_Preslavets
    11.81452496 I2478_Bronze_Age_Beaker_Northern_Italy
    12.33373423 I9123_Bronze_Age_Armenoi_Crete
    12.54336877 I2165_Balkans_BronzeAge
    12.68957840 I1979_Bronze_Age_Beaker_Northern_Italy
    13.05530161 Bul6_Balkans_BronzeAge
    14.00343886 I2111_Trypillia
    14.45190299 I2181_Balkans_Chalcolithic_outlier
    14.92140074 I2175_Balkans_BronzeAge
    16.12808730 I3151_Trypillia
    16.50133328 I1297_Malak_Preslavets
    16.56924561 Bul10_Balkans_BronzeAge
    19.25042597 I0706_Balkans_Neolithic
    19.48904564 I2110_Trypillia
    19.91931977 I1926_Trypillia
    20.60890342 I1295_Malak_Preslavets
    21.63774711 ANI159_ANI181_Varna
    22.12422428 Bul4_Yamnaya_Bulgaria
    22.31793673 ANI163_Varna_Outlier
    22.36372286 I4088_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    22.86688654 I2440_Globular_Amphora

Distance to: R475_Iron_Age_Civitavecchia
    13.09405590 I2175_Balkans_BronzeAge
    13.33166531 I9123_Bronze_Age_Armenoi_Crete
    13.49426545 I2176_Balkans_BronzeAge
    13.88860684 Bul6_Balkans_BronzeAge
    14.05401010 ANI159_ANI181_Varna
    14.09213965 I2111_Trypillia
    15.26023263 I4089_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    15.28873441 I2431_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    15.28887177 I2424_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    15.61965429 I9033_Bronze_Age_Mycenaean_Peristeria_Tryfilia_Pel oponnese
    15.83670736 I2520_Balkans_BronzeAge
    15.90954116 I9010_Bronze_Age_Mycenaean_Galatas_Apatheia_Pelopo nnese
    15.92678247 I2430_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    16.11320576 I4088_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    16.53829495 Bul10_Balkans_BronzeAge
    16.77566690 I1295_Malak_Preslavets
    17.01953290 I1979_Bronze_Age_Beaker_Northern_Italy
    17.11525051 I2427_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    17.52946092 I2423_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    17.60192035 I2426_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    17.62203734 I0706_Balkans_Neolithic
    17.96744556 I1109_Malak_Preslavets
    18.63348330 I2509_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    18.71979701 ASH068_Iron_Age1
    18.78957158 I9041_Bronze_Age_Mycenaean_Galatas_Apatheia_Pelopo nnese

Distance to: R437_Iron_Age_Palestrina_Selicata
    7.64113866 I9041_Bronze_Age_Mycenaean_Galatas_Apatheia_Pelopo nnese
    9.80721673 I9010_Bronze_Age_Mycenaean_Galatas_Apatheia_Pelopo nnese
    10.52248070 I9033_Bronze_Age_Mycenaean_Peristeria_Tryfilia_Pel oponnese
    10.75826194 ASH068_Iron_Age1
    12.08184175 I9123_Bronze_Age_Armenoi_Crete
    13.31058977 I9006_Bronze_Age_Mycenaean_Agia_Kyriaki_Salamis
    14.03341726 I2495_Bronze_Age_Anatolian_Harmanӧren-GӧndürleHӧyük_Isparta
    14.17018701 ANI159_ANI181_Varna
    14.77072781 I0679_Krepost_Neolithic
    14.92823164 I2499_Bronze_Age_Anatolian_Harmanӧren-GӧndürleHӧyük_Isparta
    15.25588411 Bul6_Balkans_BronzeAge
    15.46300747 I2427_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    15.54781014 I9005_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Hagios_Charalambos_Cave_La sithi_Crete
    15.85167499 I2424_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    16.55914551 I2175_Balkans_BronzeAge
    16.59398084 I9131_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Moni_Odigitria_Heraklion_C rete
    16.69271697 Bul10_Balkans_BronzeAge
    17.21921020 I2430_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    17.50940319 I3709_Peloponnese_Neolithic
    17.54941879 I1979_Bronze_Age_Beaker_Northern_Italy
    17.57468634 I2431_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    17.63260616 I0071_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Hagios_Charalambos_Cave_La sithi_Crete
    17.64726608 I0074_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Hagios_Charalambos_Cave_La sithi_Crete
    17.68089364 I2176_Balkans_BronzeAge
    17.88896028 I9129_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Moni_Odigitria_Heraklion_C rete

Distance to: R435_Iron_Age_Palestrina_Colombella
    2.14441134 I2478_Bronze_Age_Beaker_Northern_Italy
    6.97894691 I1113_Malak_Preslavets
    7.11525825 I2215_Malak_Preslavets
    9.01150931 I1297_Malak_Preslavets
    11.23877217 I2181_Balkans_Chalcolithic_outlier
    12.23966911 I2520_Balkans_BronzeAge
    13.58203961 I4331_Balkans_BronzeAge
    14.33947349 I3151_Trypillia
    14.91302116 I2111_Trypillia
    15.69331705 I2440_Globular_Amphora
    15.79126974 I2176_Balkans_BronzeAge
    16.52166154 I1979_Bronze_Age_Beaker_Northern_Italy
    16.61040638 I2403_Globular_Amphora
    16.70247886 I1926_Trypillia
    16.79514513 Bul8_Balkans_BronzeAge
    17.15141977 I2110_Trypillia
    18.74883196 I2175_Balkans_BronzeAge
    18.78495142 I2433_Globular_Amphora
    18.87954978 Bul6_Balkans_BronzeAge
    19.18714674 I2165_Balkans_BronzeAge
    19.26961338 I2441_Globular_Amphora
    19.51294186 I9123_Bronze_Age_Armenoi_Crete
    19.89261672 Bul10_Balkans_BronzeAge
    20.68005319 I2434_Globular_Amphora
    21.55101854 I0706_Balkans_Neolithic

Distance to: R851_Iron_Age_Ardea
    7.12745396 I3151_Trypillia
    8.31362737 I2215_Malak_Preslavets
    8.94475265 I1113_Malak_Preslavets
    9.73866521 I1297_Malak_Preslavets
    10.11018299 I2520_Balkans_BronzeAge
    10.14648708 I2478_Bronze_Age_Beaker_Northern_Italy
    11.57587146 I1979_Bronze_Age_Beaker_Northern_Italy
    11.68067207 I2110_Trypillia
    11.81369967 I2176_Balkans_BronzeAge
    12.75417971 I4331_Balkans_BronzeAge
    12.96713538 I2175_Balkans_BronzeAge
    13.14383886 I1926_Trypillia
    13.18246183 I2111_Trypillia
    14.07380901 Bul10_Balkans_BronzeAge
    14.47627369 I0706_Balkans_Neolithic
    14.86646226 I2440_Globular_Amphora
    15.59638740 I1295_Malak_Preslavets
    15.78815062 Bul6_Balkans_BronzeAge
    15.94750451 I2181_Balkans_Chalcolithic_outlier
    16.54377224 I9123_Bronze_Age_Armenoi_Crete
    17.91801607 ANI160_Varna_Outlier
    18.25397217 I2433_Globular_Amphora
    18.68158184 I2441_Globular_Amphora
    18.77697526 I2425_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    19.37577611 I4088_Balkans_Chalcolithic

Distance to: R850_Iron_Age_Ardea
    9.70182457 I2495_Bronze_Age_Anatolian_Harmanӧren-GӧndürleHӧyük_Isparta
    10.36232599 ASH067_Iron_Age1
    11.27515410 I2499_Bronze_Age_Anatolian_Harmanӧren-GӧndürleHӧyük_Isparta
    11.91529269 I2683_Bronze_Age_Anatolian_Harmanӧren-GӧndürleHӧyük_Isparta
    16.20714966 ASH066_Iron_Age1
    16.78097137 I0679_Krepost_Neolithic
    17.50239984 ASH034_Late_Bronze_Age
    17.83166846 I9041_Bronze_Age_Mycenaean_Galatas_Apatheia_Pelopo nnese
    17.89449636 ASH029_Late_Bronze_Age
    18.04525422 I9131_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Moni_Odigitria_Heraklion_C rete
    18.45507518 I9006_Bronze_Age_Mycenaean_Agia_Kyriaki_Salamis
    19.90462509 I9010_Bronze_Age_Mycenaean_Galatas_Apatheia_Pelopo nnese
    20.20018812 I9005_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Hagios_Charalambos_Cave_La sithi_Crete
    20.34773206 ASH033_Late_Bronze_Age
    20.65300220 I0073_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Hagios_Charalambos_Cave_La sithi_Crete
    20.92920448 ASH068_Iron_Age1
    21.11986032 ASH008_Iron_Age2
    21.14818668 I0071_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Hagios_Charalambos_Cave_La sithi_Crete
    21.43323587 I0070_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Hagios_Charalambos_Cave_La sithi_Crete
    22.19379192 I0074_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Hagios_Charalambos_Cave_La sithi_Crete
    22.37594691 ASH087_Iron_Age2
    22.54875606 I9033_Bronze_Age_Mycenaean_Peristeria_Tryfilia_Pel oponnese
    23.36968977 I3709_Peloponnese_Neolithic
    24.84876858 KFH2_KfarHaHoresh_PPNB
    25.05676356 I4930_Bronze_Age_Beaker_Sicily
    Distance to: R1021_Iron_Age_Boville_Ernica
    6.69770856 I3151_Trypillia
    9.72555911 I2215_Malak_Preslavets
    9.81126393 I2520_Balkans_BronzeAge
    10.30931133 I1979_Bronze_Age_Beaker_Northern_Italy
    10.38576911 I2176_Balkans_BronzeAge
    10.45481229 I1113_Malak_Preslavets
    11.41484998 I4331_Balkans_BronzeAge
    11.43899034 I2175_Balkans_BronzeAge
    12.04413965 I2478_Bronze_Age_Beaker_Northern_Italy
    12.20604768 I2110_Trypillia
    12.28929209 I1297_Malak_Preslavets
    12.79157535 Bul10_Balkans_BronzeAge
    13.04577326 I0706_Balkans_Neolithic
    13.42683879 I2111_Trypillia
    14.22975755 I1926_Trypillia
    14.38184967 I1295_Malak_Preslavets
    14.64225392 Bul6_Balkans_BronzeAge
    14.87163407 I9123_Bronze_Age_Armenoi_Crete
    17.02191529 I2181_Balkans_Chalcolithic_outlier
    17.12151862 I2440_Globular_Amphora
    17.40549339 ANI160_Varna_Outlier
    18.13532189 I2425_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    18.77317235 I2431_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    18.86425191 I4088_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    19.09591579 ANI159_ANI181_Varna

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    Here are the Iron age samples vs all of the other samples I composed, up until the Iron Age:

15.60879880 I4088_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    15.69832794 I2425_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    15.99142270 I2440_Globular_Amphora
    16.00827286 I2431_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    16.41852003 ANI159_ANI181_Varna
    17.61280784 I2430_Balkans_Chalcolithic

Distance to: R1_Iron_Age_Protovillanovan_Martinsicuro
    3.98938592 I4331_Balkans_BronzeAge
    9.18398606 I2165_Balkans_BronzeAge
    10.69891583 I2176_Balkans_BronzeAge
    12.18047208 I1979_Bronze_Age_Beaker_Northern_Italy
    12.27822056 I2520_Balkans_BronzeAge
    12.32561560 Bul6_Balkans_BronzeAge
    12.78267186 I9123_Bronze_Age_Armenoi_Crete
    14.57795253 I1113_Malak_Preslavets
    15.27564401 I2175_Balkans_BronzeAge
    15.91312980 I2215_Malak_Preslavets
    16.52904111 Bul10_Balkans_BronzeAge
    16.88675813 I2181_Balkans_Chalcolithic_outlier
    17.72015801 I2111_Trypillia
    17.85182624 I2478_Bronze_Age_Beaker_Northern_Italy
    17.88307300 I3151_Trypillia
    19.51211931 Bul4_Yamnaya_Bulgaria
    19.52825133 I0706_Balkans_Neolithic
    20.81853981 I9033_Bronze_Age_Mycenaean_Peristeria_Tryfilia_Pel oponnese
    21.26791480 ANI159_ANI181_Varna
    21.48199246 I1295_Malak_Preslavets
    21.48879475 I1297_Malak_Preslavets
    22.59939380 ANI163_Varna_Outlier
    22.90999345 I9041_Bronze_Age_Mycenaean_Galatas_Apatheia_Pelopo nnese
    22.98291974 I2110_Trypillia
    23.52690800 I2431_Balkans_Chalcolithic

15.12514463 I2440_Globular_Amphora
    15.68691174 I2431_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    15.79446739 ANI159_ANI181_Varna
    15.87163823 I2425_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    17.14077595 I2430_Balkans_Chalcolithic

14.89616394 ANI160_Varna_Outlier
    15.12287340 I4088_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    16.46113909 ANI159_ANI181_Varna
    16.75412487 I2431_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    16.95964327 I2181_Balkans_Chalcolithic_outlier
    17.28357023 I2425_Balkans_Chalcolithic

19.25042597 I0706_Balkans_Neolithic
    19.48904564 I2110_Trypillia
    19.91931977 I1926_Trypillia
    20.60890342 I1295_Malak_Preslavets
    21.63774711 ANI159_ANI181_Varna
    22.12422428 Bul4_Yamnaya_Bulgaria
    22.31793673 ANI163_Varna_Outlier
    22.36372286 I4088_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    22.86688654 I2440_Globular_Amphora

Distance to: R475_Iron_Age_Civitavecchia
    13.09405590 I2175_Balkans_BronzeAge
    13.33166531 I9123_Bronze_Age_Armenoi_Crete
    13.49426545 I2176_Balkans_BronzeAge
    13.88860684 Bul6_Balkans_BronzeAge
    14.05401010 ANI159_ANI181_Varna
    14.09213965 I2111_Trypillia
    15.26023263 I4089_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    15.28873441 I2431_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    15.28887177 I2424_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    15.61965429 I9033_Bronze_Age_Mycenaean_Peristeria_Tryfilia_Pel oponnese
    15.83670736 I2520_Balkans_BronzeAge
    15.90954116 I9010_Bronze_Age_Mycenaean_Galatas_Apatheia_Pelopo nnese
    15.92678247 I2430_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    16.11320576 I4088_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    16.53829495 Bul10_Balkans_BronzeAge
    16.77566690 I1295_Malak_Preslavets
    17.01953290 I1979_Bronze_Age_Beaker_Northern_Italy
    17.11525051 I2427_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    17.52946092 I2423_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    17.60192035 I2426_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    17.62203734 I0706_Balkans_Neolithic
    17.96744556 I1109_Malak_Preslavets
    18.63348330 I2509_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    18.71979701 ASH068_Iron_Age1
    18.78957158 I9041_Bronze_Age_Mycenaean_Galatas_Apatheia_Pelopo nnese

Distance to: R437_Iron_Age_Palestrina_Selicata
    7.64113866 I9041_Bronze_Age_Mycenaean_Galatas_Apatheia_Pelopo nnese
    9.80721673 I9010_Bronze_Age_Mycenaean_Galatas_Apatheia_Pelopo nnese
    10.52248070 I9033_Bronze_Age_Mycenaean_Peristeria_Tryfilia_Pel oponnese
    10.75826194 ASH068_Iron_Age1
    12.08184175 I9123_Bronze_Age_Armenoi_Crete
    13.31058977 I9006_Bronze_Age_Mycenaean_Agia_Kyriaki_Salamis
    14.03341726 I2495_Bronze_Age_Anatolian_Harmanӧren-GӧndürleHӧyük_Isparta
    14.17018701 ANI159_ANI181_Varna
    14.77072781 I0679_Krepost_Neolithic
    14.92823164 I2499_Bronze_Age_Anatolian_Harmanӧren-GӧndürleHӧyük_Isparta
    15.25588411 Bul6_Balkans_BronzeAge
    15.46300747 I2427_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    15.54781014 I9005_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Hagios_Charalambos_Cave_La sithi_Crete
    15.85167499 I2424_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    16.55914551 I2175_Balkans_BronzeAge
    16.59398084 I9131_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Moni_Odigitria_Heraklion_C rete
    16.69271697 Bul10_Balkans_BronzeAge
    17.21921020 I2430_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    17.50940319 I3709_Peloponnese_Neolithic
    17.54941879 I1979_Bronze_Age_Beaker_Northern_Italy
    17.57468634 I2431_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    17.63260616 I0071_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Hagios_Charalambos_Cave_La sithi_Crete
    17.64726608 I0074_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Hagios_Charalambos_Cave_La sithi_Crete
    17.68089364 I2176_Balkans_BronzeAge
    17.88896028 I9129_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Moni_Odigitria_Heraklion_C rete

16.52166154 I1979_Bronze_Age_Beaker_Northern_Italy
    16.61040638 I2403_Globular_Amphora
    16.70247886 I1926_Trypillia
    16.79514513 Bul8_Balkans_BronzeAge
    17.15141977 I2110_Trypillia
    18.74883196 I2175_Balkans_BronzeAge
    18.78495142 I2433_Globular_Amphora
    18.87954978 Bul6_Balkans_BronzeAge
    19.18714674 I2165_Balkans_BronzeAge
    19.26961338 I2441_Globular_Amphora
    19.51294186 I9123_Bronze_Age_Armenoi_Crete
    19.89261672 Bul10_Balkans_BronzeAge
    20.68005319 I2434_Globular_Amphora
    21.55101854 I0706_Balkans_Neolithic

15.59638740 I1295_Malak_Preslavets
    15.78815062 Bul6_Balkans_BronzeAge
    15.94750451 I2181_Balkans_Chalcolithic_outlier
    16.54377224 I9123_Bronze_Age_Armenoi_Crete
    17.91801607 ANI160_Varna_Outlier
    18.25397217 I2433_Globular_Amphora
    18.68158184 I2441_Globular_Amphora
    18.77697526 I2425_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    19.37577611 I4088_Balkans_Chalcolithic

Distance to: R850_Iron_Age_Ardea
    9.70182457 I2495_Bronze_Age_Anatolian_Harmanӧren-GӧndürleHӧyük_Isparta
    10.36232599 ASH067_Iron_Age1
    11.27515410 I2499_Bronze_Age_Anatolian_Harmanӧren-GӧndürleHӧyük_Isparta
    11.91529269 I2683_Bronze_Age_Anatolian_Harmanӧren-GӧndürleHӧyük_Isparta
    16.20714966 ASH066_Iron_Age1
    16.78097137 I0679_Krepost_Neolithic
    17.50239984 ASH034_Late_Bronze_Age
    17.83166846 I9041_Bronze_Age_Mycenaean_Galatas_Apatheia_Pelopo nnese
    17.89449636 ASH029_Late_Bronze_Age
    18.04525422 I9131_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Moni_Odigitria_Heraklion_C rete
    18.45507518 I9006_Bronze_Age_Mycenaean_Agia_Kyriaki_Salamis
    19.90462509 I9010_Bronze_Age_Mycenaean_Galatas_Apatheia_Pelopo nnese
    20.20018812 I9005_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Hagios_Charalambos_Cave_La sithi_Crete
    20.34773206 ASH033_Late_Bronze_Age
    20.65300220 I0073_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Hagios_Charalambos_Cave_La sithi_Crete
    20.92920448 ASH068_Iron_Age1
    21.11986032 ASH008_Iron_Age2
    21.14818668 I0071_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Hagios_Charalambos_Cave_La sithi_Crete
    21.43323587 I0070_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Hagios_Charalambos_Cave_La sithi_Crete
    22.19379192 I0074_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Hagios_Charalambos_Cave_La sithi_Crete
    22.37594691 ASH087_Iron_Age2
    22.54875606 I9033_Bronze_Age_Mycenaean_Peristeria_Tryfilia_Pel oponnese
    23.36968977 I3709_Peloponnese_Neolithic
    24.84876858 KFH2_KfarHaHoresh_PPNB
    25.05676356 I4930_Bronze_Age_Beaker_Sicily
    17.02191529 I2181_Balkans_Chalcolithic_outlier
    17.12151862 I2440_Globular_Amphora
    17.40549339 ANI160_Varna_Outlier
    18.13532189 I2425_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    18.77317235 I2431_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    18.86425191 I4088_Balkans_Chalcolithic
    19.09591579 ANI159_ANI181_Varna
    Did you include these, Jovialis? I ask because of a discussion I'm having with Ygorcs about whether there was a British Bronze Age or Iberian or North Alpine pull in these samples.

Just for the heck of it I added them. (If some are post Iron Age, please let me know and I'll remove them.)

NorthAlpineBronzeAgeFrench_AITI_120,7.59,0.73,0.40 ,0.00,39.57,31.32,1.80,0.00,0.00,0.00,17.73,0.86
    NorthAlpineBronzeAgeSpanishGalicia_AITI_72,4.56,0. 00,0.00,0.00,42.85,31.92,0.69,0.89,2.30,0.31,16.30 ,0.19
    NorthAlpineBronzeAgeFrench_AITI_119,9.54,1.40,0.00 ,0.27,43.57,32.66,0.11,0.14,0.20,0.00,11.08,1.01
    NorthAlpineBronzeAgeFrench_AITI_78,10.50,0.54,0.54 ,0.00,39.10,37.12,0.00,0.35,2.04,0.00,9.53,0.28
    NorthAlpineSouthDutch_AITI_50,10.70,0.00,0.00,0.00 ,35.87,44.30,2.23,0.13,0.00,0.00,4.95,1.82
    NorthAlpineSouthDutch_AITI_2,5.63,0.00,0.00,0.00,4 0.44,41.78,1.83,0.00,1.04,0.00,8.28,0.99
    CuevadelaPalomaSpain_I3239,0.00,0.00,2.63,2.34,44. 59,28.94,2.32,0.66,0.00,0.00,18.51,0.00
    IberianSettlementCataloniaSpain_I3496,5.38,0.21,0. 75,0.00,53.63,28.85,1.92,1.72,5.92,0.00,1.63,0.00
    CuevadelaPalomaSpain_I3243,8.87,0.00,2.93,4.86,36. 62,38.06,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.00,8.67,0.00
    ElSotilloBasqueCountry_I1977,2.96,0.00,2.41,0.00,5 2.45,25.53,0.60,0.00,3.19,0.00,12.86,0.00
    IberiaBronzeAge_ATP9,0.89,0.00,1.25,0.00,58.14,21. 43,0.49,0.00,4.69,0.00,11.18,1.93
    BellBeakerFranceI1388,0.00,0.00,2.30,0.00,59.39,21 .76,0.81,0.00,7.46,0.00,8.28,0.00
    IlergetesTribeCatalan_I3320,4.64,0.00,4.88,1.09,52 .24,25.19,0.00,0.00,3.67,0.00,7.44,0.86
    IlercavonesCatalan_I3321,3.80,0.00,4.55,0.00,55.48 ,25.14,0.00,0.83,2.20,0.32,7.68,0.00
    BellBeakerSouthernFrance_I3874,5.77,0.32,0.81,0.47 ,39.46,40.05,1.07,0.56,0.80,0.00,10.47,0.22
    IberianElArgarBronzeAge_I8136,0.00,0.00,4.83,0.00, 61.85,21.67,1.21,0.00,3.88,0.00,6.07,0.49
    BronzeAgeSpainCogotas_I12208,1.39,0.00,5.31,0.43,5 4.53,22.97,1.16,0.00,3.96,0.94,8.35,0.95
    Bavaria_BB_II5524,2.95,0.00,1.28,1.77,41.61,28.76, 0.00,0.00,3.52,0.00,20.12,0.00
    BronzeAgeEngland_I2462,8.52,1.12,1.18,0.00,45.45,3 3.73,0.00,0.00,2.08,0.00,6.90,1.02
    BronzeAgeOuterHebrides_I2655,9.88,0.61,0.00,0.39,3 7.20,45.77,0.76,0.00,0.29,0.00,4.27,0.82
    NeolithicScotland_I2634,0.00,0.00,6.63,1.42,60.56, 11.65,0.00,0.21,7.56,0.00,11.96,0.00

Same samples:

R473 Etruscan
    9.46015856 Bavaria_BB_II5524
    10.62551175 ElSotilloBasqueCountry_I1977
    10.84815192 CuevadelaPalomaSpain_I3239
    12.55979299 NorthAlpineBronzeAgeSpanishGalicia_AITI_72
    14.54483757 IberiaBronzeAge_ATP9

Bavaria BB did show up, but at a further distance than the Balkan samples. Same for the Spanish samples which show up.

R474 Etruscan...This one has good hits to the German BB and North Alpine samples
    6.77580991 Bavaria_BB_II5524
    8.72072818 NorthAlpineBronzeAgeFrench_AITI_120
    9.30280603 NorthAlpineBronzeAgeSpanishGalicia_AITI_72
    11.82549788 CuevadelaPalomaSpain_I3239
    13.21538876 NorthAlpineBronzeAgeFrench_AITI_119
    15.52350798 ElSotilloBasqueCountry_I1977
    15.70083756 NorthAlpineBronzeAgeFrench_AITI_78
    16.32355047 BronzeAgeEngland_I2462
    17.55443819 BellBeakerSouthernFrance_I3874

R1015 Etruscan-more Balkan Bronze Age heavy
    9.64178925 Bavaria_BB_II5524
    10.42357424 CuevadelaPalomaSpain_I3239
    10.70558733 ElSotilloBasqueCountry_I1977
    13.15312510 NorthAlpineBronzeAgeSpanishGalicia_AITI_72
    14.89781192 IberiaBronzeAge_ATP9

R1016 Roman-the only upper class sample-again, closer to Bronze Age Balkans
    10.45816906 Bavaria_BB_II5524
    10.99995000 CuevadelaPalomaSpain_I3239
    11.18283506 ElSotilloBasqueCountry_I1977
    13.48874716 NorthAlpineBronzeAgeSpanishGalicia_AITI_72
    14.73282050 NorthAlpineBronzeAgeFrench_AITI_120
    15.32862681 IberiaBronzeAge_ATP9

Boville Ernica-Bavarian BB and a Spanish sample show up relatively early
    7.95362182 CuevadelaPalomaSpain_I3239
    8.44269507 Bavaria_BB_II5524
    10.87415284 ElSotilloBasqueCountry_I1977
    11.56217540 NorthAlpineBronzeAgeSpanishGalicia_AITI_72
    13.36867982 NorthAlpineBronzeAgeFrench_AITI_120
    16.00559902 IberiaBronzeAge_ATP9
    16.21570535 IlergetesTribeCatalan_I3320

7.74215732 CuevadelaPalomaSpain_I3239
    8.37911093 ElSotilloBasqueCountry_I1977
    8.99763302 Bavaria_BB_II5524
    10.83610631 NorthAlpineBronzeAgeSpanishGalicia_AITI_72
    13.56668346 IberiaBronzeAge_ATP9
    13.62619169 NorthAlpineBronzeAgeFrench_AITI_120
    13.98647919 BronzeAgeSpainCogotas_I12208
    14.10845137 IlergetesTribeCatalan_I3320
    14.57562692 IlercavonesCatalan_I3321

6.60470287 NorthAlpineBronzeAgeSpanishGalicia_AITI_72
    6.79479212 ElSotilloBasqueCountry_I1977
    8.59178678 NorthAlpineBronzeAgeFrench_AITI_119
    9.15171569 Bavaria_BB_II5524
    9.40140947 CuevadelaPalomaSpain_I3239
    9.51282292 BronzeAgeEngland_I2462
    9.63494162 IlergetesTribeCatalan_I3320
    10.53571070 NorthAlpineBronzeAgeFrench_AITI_120
    11.64855356 IlercavonesCatalan_I3321
    12.15553783 BronzeAgeSpainCogotas_I12208
    13.76760691 NorthAlpineBronzeAgeFrench_AITI_78
    13.82287597 IberianSettlementCataloniaSpain_I3496
    13.98864540 IberiaBronzeAge_ATP9
    14.60477319 BellBeakerSouthernFrance_I3874

From what I can see there's a mixture of Balkan Bronze Age and North Alpine/German BB/Iberian Bronze Age, with some samples leaning more one way than the other.

I would need more Etruscan samples to say whether they lean more "eastern" than "western" Bronze Age compared to the Latins, or vice versa.

Ed. switched eastern and western.
    Last edited by Angela; 29-01-20 at 03:47.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

@Angela, I hadn't used those, but I agree with your conclusion based on the affinity of these samples.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

@Angela,

The PCA for these samples are interesting as well; https://vahaduo.github.io/custompca/

Here are the coordinates I used for the Ancient Samples + Modern West Eurasian:

Code:
    R850_Iron_Age_Ardea,7.30,0,4.52,1.08,21.26,10.54,0,0.43,14.77,0,40.10,0
    R851_Iron_Age_Ardea,1.59,0,1.39,0,49.28,24.97,0,0.14,1.93,0,20.26,0.45
    R435_Iron_Age_Palestrina_Colombella,4.84,0.64,0.65,0,47.12,28.54,0.15,0,4.13,0,13.40,0.53
    R437_Iron_Age_Palestrina_Selicata,6.45,0,3.03,0,33.19,11.94,0,0,11.63,0,33.74,0.02
    R475_Iron_Age_Civitavecchia,0,0,13.01,0,38.12,12.14,0.37,1.98,11.26,0,22.70,0.42
    R474_Iron_Age_Civitavecchia,7.18,0.17,2.38,0,39.08,25.74,0,0,5.98,0,18.84,0.66
    R473_Iron_Age_Civitavecchia,1.01,0,0.68,0.15,47.26,22.79,0,0.21,7.39,0.21,20.17,0.34
    R1015_Iron_Age_Veio_Grotta_Gramiccia,1.56,0.19,2.85,0,47.15,21.66,0,0,5.46,0,20.85,0
    R1_Iron_Age_Protovillanovan_Martinsicuro,5.02,1.78,1.33,0,35.08,26.46,0,0,5.43,0,24.50,0.40
    R1016_Iron_Age_Castel_di_Decima,3.86,0.98,1.53,0.19,47.23,20.37,1.43,0,3.31,0,21.10,0
    R1021_Iron_Age_Boville_Ernica,2.11,0,1.96,0.60,47.70,24.04,0,0,1.33,0,22.26,0
    Sicilian,4.50,0.00,4.10,0.00,30.03,11.91,0.10,0.70,11.91,0.00,36.54,0.20
    S_Italian_Sicilian,5.50,0.10,2.50,0.00,29.90,11.80,0.50,0.70,12.50,0.00,36.50,0.00
    C_Italian,4.80,0.00,2.30,0.00,34.83,17.12,0.10,0.00,8.71,0.00,32.13,0.00
    O_Italian,6.21,0.00,1.10,0.00,33.53,21.82,0.00,0.20,7.81,0.00,28.53,0.80
    Tuscan,4.80,0.00,0.00,0.00,37.86,18.68,0.50,0.00,7.19,0.50,30.47,0.00
    TSI30,5.01,0.00,0.80,0.00,38.78,19.34,0.10,0.00,7.31,0.00,28.66,0.00
    North_Italian,4.50,0.00,0.70,0.00,44.04,22.02,0.00,0.00,5.81,0.00,22.92,0.00
    N_Italian,5.69,0.00,0.90,0.00,41.16,23.68,0.20,0.00,5.59,0.00,22.78,0.00
    Swiss_Italian,3.9175,0.0825,1.1025,0,39.8525,28.55,0.185,0.0625,5.7975,0,20.45,0
    Italy_Aosta_Valley,5.817,0.055,1.62,0.1424,40.6528,29.9942,0.2457,0.052857,4.298,0.03,16.98,0.111
    Italy_Trentino,4.792,0.216,0.726,0.044,38.714,29.792,0,0,5.468,0.02,20.222,0
    Italy_FriuliVG,5.44,0.278,1.174,0.014,34.924,29.32,0.076,0,7.032,0,21.72,0.022
    Italy_Veneto,5.443,0.0427,1.433,0.17818,36.93,27.16,0.062,0,5.728,0.15,22.83,0.03
    Italy_Lombardy,4.749,0.123,1.119,0.039,39.628,25.077,0.166,0.013,6.41,0.026,22.618,0.0266
    Italy_Piedmont,5.92,0.132,1.729,0.085,37.82,26.0195,0.035,0.035,6.7275,0.02395,21.37,0.1
    Italy_Liguria,5.1,0.05,2.014,0.0922,37.89,23.225,0.2477,0.053,7.89,0.048,23.39,0
    Italy_Emilia,6.13,0,1.15,0.1801,37.614,22.757,0.14,0.107,7.396,0.25,24.22,0.055
    Italy_Romagna,6.08,0,1.87,0.13,34.66,20.98,0.1,0,8.99,0,27.19,0
    Italy_Tuscany,6.12,0.049,1.21,0.139,36.889,21.811,0.157,0.055,8.206,0,25.364,0
    Italy_Lazio,6.725,0,2.67,0.0525,31.7,19.8175,0.2575,0.07,9.785,0.1725,28.747,0
    Italy_Marche,6.421,0.082,2.38,0.048,32.91,18.72,0.294,0.267,9.802,0,29.042,0.034
    France_Corsica,4.812,0,2.998,0,39.95,17.762,0.09,0,8.306,0.064,25.994,0.024
    Italy_Abruzzo,7.586,0.0283,3.225,0.0383,29.12,16.1,0,0.0783,10.91,0.316,32.598,0
    Italy_Campania,7.065,0.086,2.818,0.085,28.905,13.727,0.111,0.334,12.32,0.02,34.342,0.111
    Italy_Apulia,7.382,0.32,2.812,0.336,26.188,17.186,0.274,0.266,11.314,0.412,33.356,0.154
    Italy_Sicily,7.313,0.482,4.594,0.101,27.216,13.451,0.249,0.653,12.095,0.047,33.163,0.635
    Italy_Calabria,7.006,0.1308,4.1825,0.0759,27.005,11.44083,0.2616,0.5983,13.52416,0.22,35.4525,0.0975
    ANI152_Varna,0,0,0,7.78,44.92,3.01,0,0,11.36,0,32.93,0
    ANI153_Varna,2.13,0,0,0,51.89,5.96,5.65,3.03,10.35,0,20.99,0
    ANI159_ANI181_Varna,0,0,3.07,0,44.93,10.49,0,0,12.13,0,29.38,0
    ANI160_Varna_Outlier,0,0,0,0,52.83,10.79,0,0,10.03,0,26.35,0
    ANI163_Varna_Outlier,8.64,0,2.63,0,29.14,44.17,0.62,0,0.66,0,13.52,0.02
    I0633_Balkans_Neolithic,0,0,3.48,0,48.68,0,0,0,12.28,0,35.57,0
    I0634_Balkans_Neolithic,0,0,3.04,0,51.34,0,0,0,13.43,0.25,31.76,0.17
    I0676_Balkans_Neolithic,0,0,4.22,0,51.96,0,0,0,11.72,0,32.09,0
    I0679_Krepost_Neolithic,4.98,0,2.66,0.27,34.26,1.16,0,0,13.05,0,43.56,0.06
    I0698_Balkans_Neolithic,0,0,4.76,0,52.43,0,0,0,13.38,0,29.43,0
    I0706_Balkans_Neolithic,0,0,1.22,0.90,48.64,14.14,0,0,6.76,0,28.32,0.02
    I0785_Balkans_Chalcolithic,0,0,3.23,0,49.57,0,0,0,17.01,0,30.19,0
    I1109_Malak_Preslavets,0,0.07,2.03,0,50.22,7.11,0,0,12.90,0.10,27.56,0
    I1113_Malak_Preslavets,0,0,0.20,0,45.55,29.58,0,0,7.27,0,16.75,0.66
    I1131_Balkans_Neolithic,0,0,2.38,0.10,55.06,0,0,0,12.85,0,29.57,0.04
    I1295_Malak_Preslavets,0,0,3.14,0,49.84,12.28,0,0,6.83,0.03,27.49,0.39
    I1296_Malak_Preslavets,0,0,7.53,0,56.78,8.14,2.34,1.97,5.09,0,17.29,0.87
    I1297_Malak_Preslavets,0,0,0,0,52.70,25.39,0,0,8.05,0,13.87,0
    I1298_Balkans_Neolithic,0,0,5.68,1.17,60.20,1.94,0,0,5.84,0,25.18,0
    I1926_Trypillia,0,0,2.41,0,54.57,16.20,0,0,9.41,0,17.41,0
    I2110_Trypillia,0,0,3.57,0.44,54.23,16.16,0,1.34,6.95,0,20.31,0
    I2111_Trypillia,0,0,5.24,0,46.15,18.81,0,0,12.04,0,17.76,0
    I2163_Balkans_BronzeAge,21.63,1.00,0,1.01,17.80,51.39,1.00,0,0,0,5.18,0.99
    I2165_Balkans_BronzeAge,4.00,0,2.29,0,31.35,34.24,0.17,0,4.66,0,22.50,0.79
    I2175_Balkans_BronzeAge,0,0.24,3.96,0.15,44.81,16.75,0,0,8.23,0,25.87,0
    I2176_Balkans_BronzeAge,0,0.13,4.71,0,41.53,21.46,0,0,8.26,0,23.91,0
    I2181_Balkans_Chalcolithic_outlier,1.19,0,0,0,41.79,37.57,0,0,4.43,0.31,14.71,0
    I2215_Malak_Preslavets,0,1.10,4.90,0,46.06,26.49,0,0.33,5.15,0,14.83,1.15
    I2216_Malak_Preslavets,0,0,3.02,0,51.29,1.02,0,0,11.44,0,33.22,0
    I2318_Peloponnese_Neolithic,0,0,1.09,0,44.62,0,0,0,13.77,0,40.52,0
    I2403_Globular_Amphora,0,0.83,2.31,0,59.88,25.84,0,0,6.36,0,4.78,0
    I2405_Globular_Amphora,0,0,0,0,69.86,17.08,0,0,4.81,0,8.25,0
    I2423_Balkans_Chalcolithic,0,0,3.23,0,48.97,5.31,0,0,13.48,0,28.88,0.13
    I2424_Balkans_Chalcolithic,0,0,3.73,0,45.99,6.95,0,0,13.64,0,29.69,0
    I2425_Balkans_Chalcolithic,0,0,4.44,0,54.61,8.79,0,0,6.31,0,25.84,0
    I2426_Balkans_Chalcolithic,0,0,3.32,0,47.06,8.21,0,0,21.64,0,19.77,0
    I2427_Balkans_Chalcolithic,0,0,3.93,0,44.78,4.58,0,0,14.21,0,32.50,0
    I2430_Balkans_Chalcolithic,0,0,2.70,0,47.75,8.28,0,0,12.82,0,28.45,0
    I2431_Balkans_Chalcolithic,0,0,4.01,0,48.30,9.01,0,0,10.16,0,28.52,0
    I2433_Globular_Amphora,0,0,4.98,0,61.34,19.23,0,0,5.45,0,9.00,0
    I2434_Globular_Amphora,0,0,0.42,0,64.12,19.13,0,0,7.08,0,9.25,0
    I2440_Globular_Amphora,0,0,1.32,0,58.65,19.93,0,0,7.59,0,11.71,0.80
    I2441_Globular_Amphora,0,0,3.56,0,61.46,18.19,0,0,7.23,0.06,9.34,0.16
    I2509_Balkans_Chalcolithic,0,0,6.02,0,47.70,1.62,0,0,12.45,0,32.20,0
    I2510_Balkans_BronzeAge,0,0,2.52,0,51.52,1.22,0,0,13.30,0,31.44,0
    I2519_Balkans_Chalcolithic,0,0,3.96,0.24,45.47,0.39,0,0,14.22,0,35.72,0
    I2520_Balkans_BronzeAge,0,0,3.13,0.78,43.29,22.62,0.71,0,9.26,0.28,19.92,0
    I2521_Balkans_Neolithic,0,0,5.12,0,47.12,0,0,0,13.49,0.10,34.16,0
    I2526_Balkans_Neolithic,0,0,4.07,0,51.63,0,0,0,11.52,0,32.78,0
    I2532_Balkans_Neolithic,0,0,2.40,0,50.58,0,0,0,12.65,0.10,34.28,0
    I2533_Balkans_Neolithic,0,0,3.27,0,52.14,0,0,0,12.35,0.08,32.16,0
    I4167_Balkans_Neolithic,0,0,0,0,59.00,0,0,0,10.63,2.65,26.89,0.83
    I4168_Balkans_Neolithic,0,0,1.41,0,54.81,1.57,0,0,13.72,0,28.48,0
    I4331_Balkans_BronzeAge,4.65,0,0.65,0,38.24,27.11,0,0,5.98,0,23.37,0
    Abhkasians,17.20,0.90,0.00,0.60,0.00,11.10,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.20,70.00,0.00
    Adygei,17.18,2.40,0.00,0.30,1.90,20.18,0.20,0.00,0.00,1.30,56.54,0.00
    Albanian_Kosovo,5.18,0.14,0.62,0.17,29.47,27.1,0.23,0.01,8.13,0.26,28.69,0
    Albanian_North,4.49,0,1.15,0.03,29.7,28.3,0.21,0.05,7.34,0.12,28.6,0
    Andalucia,7.19,0.00,5.09,0.00,52.55,18.08,0.00,0.60,3.20,0.10,12.89,0.30
    Aragon,6.31,0.10,3.40,0.00,56.16,21.82,0.40,0.00,3.00,0.00,8.81,0.00
    Argyll,13.10,0.00,0.00,0.00,41.20,45.20,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.50,0.00
    Armenian_East,18.78,0.24,0.62,0.08,10.82,5.54,0.48,0.02,14.21,0.13,49.01,0
    Armenian_West,17.23,0.05,0.79,0.11,12.26,3.33,0.39,0.1,16.05,0.08,49.54,0
    Ashkenazi,2.10,0.50,4.70,0.00,25.90,13.00,0.90,0.20,13.90,0.50,38.30,0.00
    Ashkenazy_Jews,2.80,0.60,4.20,0.00,25.13,13.21,1.30,0.40,12.81,0.50,39.04,0.00
    Assyrian,18.30,0.00,0.00,0.00,9.60,0.90,0.10,0.00,18.90,0.00,52.20,0.00
    Avar_Dagestan,25.18,2.76,0,0,6.09,25.32,1.19,0,2.06,0.28,37.13,0
    Baleares,5.50,0.00,3.70,0.00,49.40,22.50,0.20,0.00,4.40,0.00,14.20,0.10
    Balkars,15.80,3.90,0.00,0.10,0.80,19.40,0.10,0.00,0.00,3.30,56.60,0.00
    Bashkir,10.27,23.64,0.15,1.07,8,30.73,1.87,0.01,0.49,16.51,7.24,0.01
    Bedouin,5.00,0.00,4.90,0.00,8.20,0.40,0.00,5.30,43.30,0.00,30.80,2.10
    Belorussian,0.00,0.30,0.00,0.00,16.12,67.87,0.50,0.00,1.90,0.00,13.31,0.00
    Bosnian,4.81,0.53,0.39,0.12,25.91,42.79,0.74,0.03,4.67,0.07,19.92,0.01
    British,11.30,0.00,0.00,0.00,43.50,43.60,0.00,0.00,0.30,0.00,1.30,0.00
    British_Isles,9.50,0.00,0.00,0.00,42.50,45.70,0.10,0.00,0.00,0.00,2.20,0.00
    Bulgarian,3.30,0.30,0.50,0.00,23.70,34.80,0.50,0.00,6.40,0.40,30.10,0.00
    Bulgarians,1.50,0.90,0.30,0.00,25.03,34.93,0.30,0.00,5.71,0.60,30.73,0.00
    Canarias,5.00,0.30,11.80,0.60,46.70,17.60,0.10,2.80,3.70,0.00,11.20,0.20
    Cantabria,5.70,0.10,3.10,0.00,54.80,23.50,0.30,0.30,3.00,0.00,8.90,0.30
    Castilla_La_Mancha,6.80,0.40,3.50,0.00,54.30,21.10,0.00,0.60,4.50,0.00,8.80,0.00
    Castilla_Y_Leon,5.40,0.00,6.10,0.00,51.20,22.30,0.40,0.60,4.00,0.00,10.00,0.00
    Cataluna,7.30,0.00,2.40,0.00,52.10,25.20,0.30,0.00,3.50,0.00,9.20,0.00
    CEU30,10.60,0.00,0.00,0.00,41.40,44.70,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.00,3.30,0.00
    Chechens,21.80,2.60,0.00,0.70,0.00,23.00,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.60,51.30,0.00
    Chuvashs,4.50,20.02,0.00,0.00,6.71,52.75,1.00,0.00,0.70,4.10,10.21,0.00
    Circassian,19.16,3.23,0,0.66,5.2,17.08,0.5,0.04,3.75,2.3,48.03,0.07
    Cornwall,11.40,0.00,0.00,0.00,43.80,42.80,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.00,2.00,0.00
    Cypriots,5.81,0.00,2.10,0.00,20.52,4.50,0.00,0.00,17.72,0.00,49.35,0.00
    Druze,8.91,0.10,2.90,0.00,12.51,0.90,0.70,1.10,23.12,0.00,49.55,0.20
    Dutch,9.90,0.00,0.00,0.00,39.10,45.60,0.00,0.00,0.60,0.00,4.80,0.00
    English,10.62,0.00,0.00,0.00,41.58,44.59,0.00,0.00,0.10,0.00,3.11,0.00
    Extremadura,6.91,0.00,6.01,0.00,48.25,22.12,0.30,1.00,4.30,0.00,10.71,0.40
    FIN30,0.90,7.20,0.00,0.10,14.10,73.50,0.70,0.00,2.20,0.00,1.30,0.00
    Finnish,0.30,6.70,0.00,0.00,13.40,75.50,0.20,0.00,2.60,0.00,1.30,0.00
    French,7.91,0.00,0.20,0.00,44.44,36.54,0.00,0.00,2.50,0.00,8.41,0.00
    French_Basque,9.80,0.00,0.00,0.00,73.10,17.10,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.00
    French,8.08,0.00,0.60,0.00,43.81,36.83,0.10,0.00,2.69,0.00,7.88,0.00
    Galicia,5.09,0.00,5.00,0.00,48.25,23.38,0.70,0.90,5.39,0.00,11.09,0.20
    Georgia_Jews,16.92,0.00,0.70,0.40,7.41,3.60,0.00,0.00,18.82,0.00,52.15,0.00
    Georgian_Adjara,19.54,0.59,0,0,7.8,4.1,0.54,0.05,8.46,0.31,58.62,0
    Georgian_Gurian,18.73,0.31,0.02,0.34,4.51,10.73,0.17,0.12,6.12,0,58.94,0
    Georgian_Imereti,19.33,0.33,0,0.11,5.3,7.93,0.47,0,6.83,0.1,59.61,0
    Georgian_Mingrelian,18.78,0.69,0.15,0.13,4.16,9.36,0.24,0.05,5.1,0.36,60.98,0
    Georgian_Svan,20.22,1.36,0,0.33,2.71,11.49,0.15,0,4.27,0.67,58.82,0
    Georgian_Turkey,19.82,0.44,0,0.02,6.6,5.2,0.35,0.03,8.32,0.39,58.77,0
    German,7.30,0.00,0.00,0.00,33.00,48.20,0.00,0.00,1.70,0.00,9.80,0.00
    Greek,3.30,0.30,0.60,0.00,28.00,20.20,0.10,0.00,10.10,0.00,37.40,0.00
    Greek_Cappadocia,11.66,0.41,0.6,0,18.85,6.27,0.13,0,14.23,0.1,47.73,0.02
    Greek_Crete,8.02,0.02,2.63,0.2,23.4,12.24,0.17,0.23,14.43,0.17,38.45,0.04
    Greek_Pontus,14.93,0.01,0.41,0.06,12.38,4.19,0.13,0.02,12.78,0.1,54.94,0
    Hungarians,4.10,0.70,0.00,0.00,27.00,48.40,0.30,0.00,3.00,0.30,16.20,0.00
    Iranian,28.80,2.10,0.00,0.60,5.60,6.00,3.60,0.10,12.40,0.50,40.30,0.00
    Iran_Central_East,27.96,1.89,0.38,0.41,5.35,8.62,8.65,0.55,12.57,0.81,33.71,0.24
    Iranian_Jews,18.80,0.40,1.80,0.40,6.80,0.00,0.00,0.00,22.50,0.00,49.30,0.00
    Iranians,30.90,1.00,0.90,0.30,5.90,4.20,4.20,0.90,14.20,0.30,36.70,0.50
    Iraq_Jews,16.80,0.00,1.60,0.10,8.90,0.00,0.10,0.00,24.70,0.00,47.80,0.00
    Irish,11.91,0.00,0.00,0.00,42.74,45.15,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.20,0.00
    Jordanians,9.60,0.00,5.50,0.00,10.80,0.90,0.20,4.90,27.90,0.10,38.00,2.10
    Kent,10.49,0.00,0.00,0.00,41.86,43.86,0.00,0.00,0.20,0.00,3.60,0.00
    Kumyks,20.00,3.90,0.00,0.50,3.10,18.80,0.40,0.00,3.30,3.70,46.30,0.00
    Kurd,28.70,1.50,0.90,0.40,5.90,5.70,1.10,0.40,14.00,1.00,40.40,0.00
    Kurds,28.20,0.60,0.00,0.60,6.30,6.70,0.80,0.10,14.30,0.20,42.20,0.00
    Kurd_Kurmanji,24.19,1.39,1.15,0.18,8.64,7.09,2.59,0.26,13.97,0.62,39.81,0.1
    Kurd_Sorani,24.26,0.4,1.22,0.48,7.29,6.28,3.79,0.94,16,0.5,38.62,0.24
    Lebanese,10.80,0.20,4.70,0.60,11.80,3.70,0.00,2.40,23.50,0.00,41.30,1.00
    Lezgins,27.80,1.70,0.00,0.00,0.30,23.80,0.00,0.00,0.80,0.00,45.60,0.00
    Lithuanian,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.00,13.90,73.70,0.70,0.00,1.60,0.00,10.10,0.00
    Lithuanians,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.00,13.71,77.18,0.10,0.00,1.00,0.00,8.01,0.00
    Mixed_Germanic,10.70,0.00,0.00,0.00,38.40,44.10,0.00,0.00,0.50,0.00,6.30,0.00
    Mixed_Slav,0.90,1.50,0.00,0.10,16.58,64.34,0.70,0.00,2.20,0.40,13.29,0.00
    Mordovians,4.00,5.90,0.00,0.70,10.90,63.80,0.90,0.00,0.60,0.90,12.30,0.00
    Morocco_Jews,5.41,0.00,9.51,0.00,27.33,4.30,0.50,1.10,17.02,0.00,34.03,0.80
    Murcia,5.50,0.00,6.00,0.00,50.60,19.60,0.00,0.20,5.90,0.60,11.20,0.40
    Nogais,12.87,11.38,0.00,0.50,4.49,21.26,0.70,0.00,0.10,11.48,37.23,0.00
    North_Ossetians,16.50,3.90,0.00,0.20,0.00,19.20,0.00,0.00,0.00,3.50,56.70,0.00
    Norwegian,8.20,1.00,0.00,0.00,36.00,54.70,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.10,0.00
    Nusayri_Turkey,12.48,0.49,3.15,0.39,16.16,2.82,0.58,1.16,19.46,0.1,42.95,0.25
    Orcadian,12.00,0.00,0.00,0.00,42.40,45.60,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.00
    Orkney,11.80,0.00,0.00,0.00,41.80,46.40,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.00
    Pais_Vasco,9.10,0.00,0.00,0.00,67.30,22.40,0.00,0.00,1.20,0.00,0.00,0.00
    Palestinian,6.81,0.00,5.41,0.10,10.91,0.30,0.60,5.21,30.43,0.00,38.24,2.00
    Polish,0.50,0.10,0.00,0.00,20.88,63.24,0.90,0.00,2.30,0.00,12.09,0.00
    Portuguese,6.01,0.00,7.71,0.00,47.55,22.32,0.90,0.10,5.01,0.00,9.71,0.70
    Romanians,3.00,0.30,0.00,0.00,24.60,36.00,1.50,0.00,5.90,0.30,28.40,0.00
    Russian,2.00,7.30,0.00,0.10,12.10,65.40,1.10,0.00,2.00,0.80,9.20,0.00
    Russian_B,0.20,2.70,0.10,0.40,13.11,66.57,0.80,0.00,0.60,1.20,14.31,0.00
    Russian,1.80,3.00,0.00,0.00,14.11,66.47,0.40,0.00,1.40,1.10,11.71,0.00
    Sardinian,0.00,0.00,2.60,0.00,70.57,0.00,0.10,0.00,5.81,0.00,20.92,0.00
    Saudis,3.60,0.00,1.40,0.00,2.60,0.90,0.30,2.60,67.77,0.00,20.52,0.30
    Sephardic_Jews,5.69,0.20,6.19,0.00,26.47,6.09,0.40,0.70,16.18,0.00,38.06,0.00
    Spaniards,6.50,0.00,3.00,0.00,53.00,23.00,0.00,0.00,3.60,0.00,10.80,0.10
    Spanish,6.21,0.00,5.11,0.00,52.55,22.72,0.20,0.00,4.00,0.00,8.81,0.40
    Swedish,7.70,0.60,0.00,0.00,32.90,56.80,0.00,0.00,0.80,0.00,1.20,0.00
    Syrians,11.41,0.20,1.50,0.00,11.61,2.70,1.30,2.90,27.93,0.00,38.64,1.80
    Turkmens,28.03,6.61,0.00,1.70,4.70,10.31,5.41,0.00,6.81,7.71,28.73,0.00
    Turkmen_Iraq,22.27,0.67,1.16,1.07,8.73,5.64,2.04,1.15,16.7,1.85,38.58,0.15
    Turkmen_Iran,24.24,7.38,0.60,1.82,4.86,11.74,5.99,0.06,7.48,7.61,28.14,0.08
    Turkmen_Uzbekistan,19.54,13.24,0.18,2.04,6.54,12.86,5.08,0.05,6.49,13.96,19.93,0.07
    Turk_Ahiska,19.35,0.34,0.42,0.23,7.75,8.24,0.40,0,9.56,0.46,53.16,0.03
    Turk_Anatolia,14.62,5.01,0.96,0.61,12.83,10.75,1.35,0.2,10.92,4.87,37.71,0.09
    Turk_Northwest,12.88,6.48,1.14,0.79,14.39,14.21,1.13,0.17,9.59,5.55,33.5,0.11
    Turk_Southwest,13.7,6.04,1.17,0.56,13.69,12.02,1.33,0.34,10.1,5.8,35.08,0.09
    Turk_West_BlackSea,13.21,4.61,0.72,0.81,14.4,12.92,1.24,0.06,10.47,4.49,36.98,0.03
    Turk_Central_West,14.48,4.37,0.96,0.53,13.53,10.75,1.35,0.16,11.57,4.52,37.65,0.08
    Turk_Central_East,15.68,3.8,0.89,0.55,12.23,9.33,1.45,0.16,11.66,3.91,40.18,0.08
    Turk_South,15.42,5.44,1.11,0.51,11.29,10.08,1.6,0.28,11.37,5.1,37.52,0.23
    Turk_Central_Black_Sea,14.81,5.86,0.58,0.81,11.54,9.37,1.09,0.12,10.34,5.63,39.78,0.02
    Turk_East_Black_Sea,15.19,0.80,0.39,0.13,11.01,5.28,0.30,0,11.25,1.17,54.42,0
    Turk_Southeast,18.06,3.07,0.72,0.29,10.83,8.49,2.18,0.88,13.65,3.48,38.12,0.16
    Turk_East,18.08,1.73,0.78,0.60,10.65,7.55,1.17,0.08,12.17,1.35,45.75,0.04
    Ukranians,0.30,0.80,0.00,0.00,16.30,62.10,0.90,0.00,3.00,0.20,16.40,0.00
    Valencia,6.81,0.00,3.00,0.00,55.46,22.22,0.00,0.00,2.40,0.00,9.91,0.20
    Yemen_Jews,0.20,0.00,3.10,0.00,4.20,0.00,0.00,4.70,53.85,0.00,33.93,0.00
    Yemenese,5.89,0.70,3.30,0.50,3.70,1.10,2.40,9.39,36.56,0.00,27.67,8.79
    NorthAlpineBronzeAgeFrench_AITI_120,7.59,0.73,0.40,0.00,39.57,31.32,1.80,0.00,0.00,0.00,17.73,0.86
    NorthAlpineBronzeAgeSpanishGalicia_AITI_72,4.56,0.00,0.00,0.00,42.85,31.92,0.69,0.89,2.30,0.31,16.30 ,0.19
    NorthAlpineBronzeAgeFrench_AITI_119,9.54,1.40,0.00,0.27,43.57,32.66,0.11,0.14,0.20,0.00,11.08,1.01
    NorthAlpineBronzeAgeFrench_AITI_78,10.50,0.54,0.54,0.00,39.10,37.12,0.00,0.35,2.04,0.00,9.53,0.28
    NorthAlpineSouthDutch_AITI_50,10.70,0.00,0.00,0.00,35.87,44.30,2.23,0.13,0.00,0.00,4.95,1.82
    NorthAlpineSouthDutch_AITI_2,5.63,0.00,0.00,0.00,40.44,41.78,1.83,0.00,1.04,0.00,8.28,0.99
    CuevadelaPalomaSpain_I3239,0.00,0.00,2.63,2.34,44.59,28.94,2.32,0.66,0.00,0.00,18.51,0.00
    IberianSettlementCataloniaSpain_I3496,5.38,0.21,0.75,0.00,53.63,28.85,1.92,1.72,5.92,0.00,1.63,0.00
    CuevadelaPalomaSpain_I3243,8.87,0.00,2.93,4.86,36.62,38.06,0.00,0.00,0.00,0.00,8.67,0.00
    ElSotilloBasqueCountry_I1977,2.96,0.00,2.41,0.00,52.45,25.53,0.60,0.00,3.19,0.00,12.86,0.00
    IberiaBronzeAge_ATP9,0.89,0.00,1.25,0.00,58.14,21.43,0.49,0.00,4.69,0.00,11.18,1.93
    BellBeakerFranceI1388,0.00,0.00,2.30,0.00,59.39,21.76,0.81,0.00,7.46,0.00,8.28,0.00
    IlergetesTribeCatalan_I3320,4.64,0.00,4.88,1.09,52.24,25.19,0.00,0.00,3.67,0.00,7.44,0.86
    IlercavonesCatalan_I3321,3.80,0.00,4.55,0.00,55.48,25.14,0.00,0.83,2.20,0.32,7.68,0.00
    BellBeakerSouthernFrance_I3874,5.77,0.32,0.81,0.47,39.46,40.05,1.07,0.56,0.80,0.00,10.47,0.22
    IberianElArgarBronzeAge_I8136,0.00,0.00,4.83,0.00,61.85,21.67,1.21,0.00,3.88,0.00,6.07,0.49
    BronzeAgeSpainCogotas_I12208,1.39,0.00,5.31,0.43,54.53,22.97,1.16,0.00,3.96,0.94,8.35,0.95
    Bavaria_BB_II5524,2.95,0.00,1.28,1.77,41.61,28.76,0.00,0.00,3.52,0.00,20.12,0.00
    BronzeAgeEngland_I2462,8.52,1.12,1.18,0.00,45.45,33.73,0.00,0.00,2.08,0.00,6.90,1.02
    BronzeAgeOuterHebrides_I2655,9.88,0.61,0.00,0.39,37.20,45.77,0.76,0.00,0.29,0.00,4.27,0.82
    NeolithicScotland_I2634,0.00,0.00,6.63,1.42,60.56,11.65,0.00,0.21,7.56,0.00,11.96,0.00
    I2937_Greece_Neolithic_Diros_Alepotrypa_Cave,0,0,2.55,1.31,44.77,0,0,0,12.74,0,36.69,1.95
    I0071_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Hagios_Charalambos_Cave_Lasithi_Crete,0.49,0,3.07,0,37.80,0.67,0,0,13.01,0,44.93,0.03
    I0070_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Hagios_Charalambos_Cave_Lasithi_Crete,0,0,1.28,0.51,37.14,0,0,0,15.36,0,45.71,0
    I0073_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Hagios_Charalambos_Cave_Lasithi_Crete,0,0,3.39,0.38,35.55,0,0,0,13.26,0,47.43,0
    I0074_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Hagios_Charalambos_Cave_Lasithi_Crete,0.41,0,4.34,0,39.06,0,0,0,12.70,0,43.49,0
    I9005_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Hagios_Charalambos_Cave_Lasithi_Crete,1.52,0,5.68,0,37.33,0,0,0,16.14,0,39.25,0.08
    I9006_Bronze_Age_Mycenaean_Agia_Kyriaki_Salamis,4.14,0,1.89,0,36.48,4.77,0,0,8.08,1.19,43.45,0
    I9123_Bronze_Age_Armenoi_Crete,6.11,0,2.47,0,40.07,15.84,0,0,9.79,0.87,24.86,0
    I9127_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Moni_Odigitria_Heraklion_Crete,0,0,0,0,40.48,0,0,0,4.75,0,54.78,0
    I9128_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Moni_Odigitria_Heraklion_Crete,3.72,0.51,3.62,0,53.24,0,0,0,14.12,2.88,21.92,0
    I9129_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Moni_Odigitria_Heraklion_Crete,0,0,6.66,0,43.44,0,0,0,11.86,0,37.93,0
    I9130_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Moni_Odigitria_Heraklion_Crete,1.10,0,0,0,43.10,0,0,0,17.55,0,38.25,0
    I9131_Bronze_Age_Minoan_Moni_Odigitria_Heraklion_Crete,4.59,0,0,0,33.89,0,0,0,19.71,0,41.08,0.73
    I9010_Bronze_Age_Mycenaean_Galatas_Apatheia_Peloponnese,0,0,3.52,1.43,38.53,7.73,0,0.65,13.96,0,34.19,0
    I9033_Bronze_Age_Mycenaean_Peristeria_Tryfilia_Peloponnese,1.33,1.22,3.40,0,40.19,9.10,0.52,0,7.58,0.48,33.22,2.96
    I9041_Bronze_Age_Mycenaean_Galatas_Apatheia_Peloponnese,2.87,0,2.57,0,37.48,8.67,0,0.36,10.29,0,37.52,0.24
    I2495_Bronze_Age_Anatolian_Harmanӧren-GӧndürleHӧyük_Isparta,6.79,0,1.92,1.07,27.17,4.07,0,0,14.65,0,42.98,1.35
    I2499_Bronze_Age_Anatolian_Harmanӧren-GӧndürleHӧyük_Isparta,9.21,0,0.11,0.47,27.71,4.33,0,0.81,12.84,0,44.53,0
    I2683_Bronze_Age_Anatolian_Harmanӧren-GӧndürleHӧyük_Isparta,9.16,0.07,1.74,0.67,24.77,1.32,0,0,14.88,0,45.56,1.81

Banned Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 638
    Overall activity: 99.3%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - BY143483
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1

Ethnic group
    North Italian

mine
    using post #37 data

Distance to: Torziok12b
    4.40054542 I4331_Balkans_BronzeAge
    4.65249395 R474_Iron_Age_Civitavecchia
    4.86300319 R1_Iron_Age_Protovillanovan_Martinsicuro
    8.58770051 I2165_Balkans_BronzeAge
    12.18056238 I2520_Balkans_BronzeAge
    12.18654996 I2176_Balkans_BronzeAge
    12.96636032 I1113_Malak_Preslavets
    13.93040559 Bul6_Balkans_BronzeAge
    14.00105710 R435_Iron_Age_Palestrina_Colombella
    14.03935540 I9123_Bronze_Age_Armenoi_Crete
    14.07171987 R473_Iron_Age_Civitavecchia
    14.15126496 I1979_Bronze_Age_Beaker_Northern_Italy
    14.20135205 R1015_Iron_Age_Veio_Grotta_Gramiccia
    14.36145536 I2181_Balkans_Chalcolithic_outlier
    14.41937585 R1021_Iron_Age_Boville_Ernica
    14.47601119 I2215_Malak_Preslavets
    14.47632550 R1016_Iron_Age_Castel_di_Decima
    15.02331189 I2478_Bronze_Age_Beaker_Northern_Italy
    15.48482160 R851_Iron_Age_Ardea
    17.08603816 I2175_Balkans_BronzeAge
    17.30221951 I2111_Trypillia
    18.23009051 Bul4_Yamnaya_Bulgaria
    18.43855743 Bul10_Balkans_BronzeAge
    18.51940334 I3151_Trypillia
    19.88195161 ANI163_Varna_Outlier

A very clear gap of the top 3 from the others

Banned Achievements:

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - BY143483
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1

Ethnic group
    North Italian

mine

using data from post # 41

Distance to: Torziok12b
    7.89459942 Bavaria_BB_II5524
    8.87062568 NorthAlpineBronzeAgeFrench_AITI_120
    10.55301379 NorthAlpineBronzeAgeSpanishGalicia_AITI_72
    13.52289540 CuevadelaPalomaSpain_I3239
    15.06901457 NorthAlpineBronzeAgeFrench_AITI_119
    15.97685201 NorthAlpineBronzeAgeFrench_AITI_78
    17.33912339 BellBeakerSouthernFrance_I3874
    17.88934599 CuevadelaPalomaSpain_I3243
    18.57029887 BronzeAgeEngland_I2462
    19.37494258 ElSotilloBasqueCountry_I1977
    20.13756440 NorthAlpineSouthDutch_AITI_2
    22.04581366 IlergetesTribeCatalan_I3320
    24.12289369 NorthAlpineSouthDutch_AITI_50
    24.25831198 BronzeAgeSpainCogotas_I12208
    24.66223834 IlercavonesCatalan_I3321
    25.34179354 BronzeAgeOuterHebrides_I2655
    26.10284276 IberiaBronzeAge_ATP9
    26.46820923 IberianSettlementCataloniaSpain_I3496
    28.42436631 BellBeakerFranceI1388
    31.73002994 IberianElArgarBronzeAge_I8136
    32.26507245 NeolithicScotland_I2634

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

Now, as to how and from where this "additional" ancestry from the Near East got into some members of Latin tribes I think we're going to have to wait and see the make-up of Bronze and Iron Age Southern Italians, and, hopefully, some Greeks from the Classical Era as well. It may well be that this type of ancestry was, as I have maintained for almost seven years now, perhaps already present there even before the time of the Greek colonization of the first millennium BC.

I agree, the study's modeling makes more sense. It doesn't make much sense to model it with modern populations, that have no real merit for even being in a viable equation.

Also, the Italian neolithic samples show Eastern influences that were not present in other Neolithic European populations, like LBK. I believe the southern half of the peninsula may have retained, and/or had it re-enforced (Greek colonization). We know now, due to this study that J2, and Iran_Neo was in Italy, even before Steppe-like ancestry, as far back as the Neolithic.

Here is a random Neolithic sample from the study, R8. Already showing close to 30% "Caucasian" in the Neolithic:

Here's another random sample, R10 showing more of the same.

All this elusive Levantine, that is popular with Eurogenes-type analysis is not found in the study. Because it is not a viable modeling.

Also, Modern Levant? Come on people, we know how mixed this part of the world is with overlapping populations that are in Europe. The influence of Anatolians since the neolithic, and copper age, the influence of Greeks and Sea peoples. At the very least, use samples roughly from the same era.

Also, modern Iberians are not a good proxy to model Ancient Romans with. During the Iron Age, Iberians were similar to the Basque, and were pulled to their current position due to eastern Mediterranean and North African sources during the Imperial and Medieval era. The Latin samples as we see, are still pretty close to where the modern Italian populations are, North to South.

We assembled genome-wide data from 271 ancient Iberians, of whom 176 are from the largely unsampled period after 2000 BCE, thereby providing a high-resolution time transect of the Iberian Peninsula. We document high genetic substructure between northwestern and southeastern hunter-gatherers before the spread of farming. We reveal sporadic contacts between Iberia and North Africa by ~2500 BCE and, by ~2000 BCE, the replacement of 40% of Iberia’s ancestry and nearly 100% of its Y-chromosomes by people with Steppe ancestry. We show that, in the Iron Age, Steppe ancestry had spread not only into Indo-European–speaking regions but also into non-Indo-European–speaking ones, and we reveal that present-day Basques are best described as a typical Iron Age population without the admixture events that later affected the rest of Iberia. Additionally, we document how, beginning at least in the Roman period, the ancestry of the peninsula was transformed by gene flow from North Africa and the eastern Mediterranean.

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/363/6432/1230

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

Here is a modeling of the Dodecad K12b populations with ADC 1x, with the latest version of all of the samples I've composed. R437 has a strong presence from South to Center. While Northern_Italian have a stronger affinity to R1016. While N_Italian gets a strong affinity with one of the Balkan Bronze Age samples. O_Italian gets a lot of Protovillanovan, and Tuscan, and TSI seem to get the Armenoi_Crete sample; I think Angela is right that this person probably originally came from Italy.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

Here is a modeling of the Dodecad K12b populations with ADC 1x, with the latest version of all of the samples I've composed. R437 has a strong presence from South to Center. While Northern_Italian have a stronger affinity to R1016. While N_Italian gets a strong affinity with one of the Balkan Bronze Age samples. O_Italian gets a lot of Protovillanovan, and Tuscan, and TSI seem to get the Armenoi_Crete sample; I think Angela is right that this person probably originally came from Italy.

Fascinating stuff, Jovialis. Great work. :)

Some things stand out right away: the Tuscans get the worst fit. I don't know why.

I also don't know why they differ that much. TSI is, I think, northwest of Florence, and the sample to which I'm always closest of the Tuscan samples. "Tuscan" must be more "southern", given the percentage of R437. Amazing that there's that much variation in one province.

The Crete Armenoi post Minoan sample is fascinating. She was a definite outlier for Crete, and at the time the paper came out I remember that the speculation was that she was a "foreign" bride. She's not Mycenaean like, however, so, why not Italy? :) That probably explains my almost life long fascination with ancient Crete! I'm joking, of course. Given all the "TSI" like samples popping up all over the Balkans, and in Pannonia as well, she could also have been from those places.

The differences between the two North Italian samples are also very interesting. I went back and checked my runs from Dodecad, and North_Italian is the Bergamo HGDP sample. N_Italian was a small group of non Bergamo Northern Italians. The most vocal members of that group were also Lombards, but from further south than Bergamo. I don't know about the rest. The Bergamo sample is slightly more northwestern than the volunteer sample.

I also think it's interesting that there's so little matching to the 11979 Parma Beaker sample, although I get a decent hit on it. I know that isn't the most steppe admixed one, and I think it may even be the least steppe admixed one. I'd have to check.

Did you include those Northwest Alpine Beaker samples? I wonder how that would change things? If there were indeed two streams into Italy, one more Balkan Bronze Age like, and one more Northern Alpine Bronze Age one, maybe we'd see them show up as well.

I was always in between the TSI or Florentine like Tuscans and the North Italians.

Banned Achievements:

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - BY143483
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1

Ethnic group
    North Italian

your conclusion then reads that
    North_Italian should represent = NorthWest Italy plus lombardy and
    N_Italian should be = NorthEast Italy

for the others.......my guess is
    O_Italian = Adriatic Italians, inc modern croatia and coastal slovenian lands

TSI = northern Tuscany .................Florence, Pisa and Lucca areas
    Tuscan = southern Tuscany .................sienna area

Moderator Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 639
    Overall activity: 16.0%

Ethnic group
    Italian

It can't prove a provenance, it's not based on IBD or ROH segments, it's based on the results on K12b and Crete Armenoi is a low quality sample. At most it suggests a similarity, assuming that K12b is accurate with ancient samples.

We don't even know archaeologically who this woman, labeled as Crete Armenoi, was.

Some things stand out right away: the Tuscans get the worst fit. I don't know why.

I also don't know why they differ that much. TSI is, I think, northwest of Florence, and the sample to which I'm always closest of the Tuscan samples. "Tuscan" must be more "southern", given the percentage of R437. Amazing that there's that much variation in one province.

The Crete Armenoi post Minoan sample is fascinating. She was a definite outlier for Crete, and at the time the paper came out I remember that the speculation was that she was a "foreign" bride. She's not Mycenaean like, however, so, why not Italy? :) That probably explains my almost life long fascination with ancient Crete! I'm joking, of course. Given all the "TSI" like samples popping up all over the Balkans, and in Pannonia as well, she could also have been from those places.

It is not known where TSI comes from precisely (some Italian users think it comes from Sesto Fiorentino, in Italian newspapers when TSI was collected there was talk of genetic analysis in Antella and other places around Bagno a Ripoli, then southeast of Florence), and the average in K12b is called TSI30 and is based on 21 individuals.

The differences between the two North Italian samples are also very interesting. I went back and checked my runs from Dodecad, and North_Italian is the Bergamo HGDP sample. N_Italian was a small group of non Bergamo Northern Italians. The most vocal members of that group were also Lombards, but from further south than Bergamo. I don't know about the rest. The Bergamo sample is slightly more northwestern than the volunteer sample..

In N_Italian_D there are very likely also northern eastern Italians.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast