Health New Coronavirus in China

In Italy should have been more carefully, now it will going to spread all over Europe.
Albania is completely vulnerable considering ties with Italy.

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

A scenario that now has become a reality.....an it is going to get worse before it will get better.

official reports
Korea right now, is 54/7755 =0.0069
Italy is 631/10149 = 0.0622

it seems like is not the same virus, someone could say.
from 0.7 % to 6.22 % the distance is very big,

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

If the reported numbers are correct it can be explained by the fact that Italy is the oldest population (by percentage of old people) in Europe. This virus is pretty deadly to old people while young people develop mild to no symptoms.

Remember too that if there a lotto people not nested yet like in the US (because we don't have testing kits) then the statistics will show higher fatality rate. Also if you do not show symptoms you probably won't get tested even though you contracted the virus.

A scenario that now has become a reality.....an it is going to get worse before it will get better.

Why don't you blame China for trying to imprison the doctor that blew the whistle? You seem to want to blame Italy.

QGFvzKe.jpg

QzpvSDf.jpg

16sPaj4.jpg

kYDqxuj.jpg

RurkWeR.jpg

NANZvko.jpg

ZLTxOeX.jpg

eIhkKFV.jpg

Vodka is more effective in preventing Covid-19 than a hand sanitizer (Purell).

0KVRfFq.jpg

Great info, goes to show the power of the media. They are doing this for ratings, and to damage the U.S. economy to make Trump lose re-election. Trump knew all along that Coronavirus is really no big deal. But now he is "playing ball" to destroy the economic rivals of the USA (i.e. EU and China.)

Great info, goes to show the power of the media. They are doing this for ratings, and to damage the U.S. economy to make Trump lose re-election. Trump knew all along that Coronavirus is really no big deal. But now he is "playing ball" to destroy the economic rivals of the USA (i.e. EU and China.)

Maybe it's somewhere in the middle, but just in case,

... Assuming there’s a plan in action to solve the problem that our pharmaceutical companies moved most of their manufacturing overseas, and the raw material is also foreign (... possible blackmail)

Hopefully we’re stockpiling our inventories too.

... better safe than sorry :)

Vodka is more effective in preventing Covid-19 than a hand sanitizer (Purell).

0KVRfFq.jpg

I suppose that you mentioned that as a joke. The lack of reported cases in Russia is just as political as the original cover-up in China. Or perhaps due to a lack of testing (which in itself may be politically motivated). In any case, Vodka doesn't work against coronavirus as it contains less than 60% of alcohol.

BBC News - Coronavirus: Don't use vodka to sanitise hands

The travel ban also applies to goods. This is going to certainly imperil the EU's economy.

That's a stupid policy that is going to do more harm than good. The US economy is going to suffer as much as Europe's as imports and exports run in the hundreds of billions of $/€ per year in both directions.

Even banning travel of people isn't going to stop or even noticeably slow down the diffusion of the virus in the US. I am ready to bet that there will be millions of cases in the USA (and Europe) in April whatever governments do.

I checked how quickly the virus spread in each country (all the cases are neatly reported with timelines for each country on Wikipedia). It takes between 6 and 11 days for the number of cases to be multiplied by 10. A few examples:

Iran : 6 days to pass from 90 to 900 cases, then 11 days to pass from 900 to 9000 cases
Italy : 8 days to pass from 150 to 1500, and 11 days to pass from 1000 to 10000 cases.
France : 8.5 days to pass from 100 to 1000 cases
Spain : 8 days to pass from 120 to 1200 cases
Germany : 9 days to pass from 110 to 1100 cases
Switzerland : 7.5 days to pass from 40 to 400 cases
Belgium : 6 days to pass from 23 to 230 cases
Netherlands : 7.5 days to pass from 50 to 500 cases
Sweden : 7 days to pass from 50 to 500 cases
UK : 8.5 days to pass from 45 to 450 cases
USA : 7 days to pass from 100 to 1000 cases

As of today, there about 22,500 reported cases in Europe and 1000 in the USA. If the diffusion speed is sustained, there should be over 200,000 cases in Europe by 19 March, 2 million cases by 27 March and 20 million by 4 April. If we consider that only a fraction of cases get reported (only the minority with moderate to severe symptoms), it is reasonable to assume that most of the European population will have been infected by the end of April, although most people won't even notice it.

The pandemic started later in the USA, so by the same calculation we would have 10,000 officially reported cases by 19 March, 100,000 by 27 March, 1 million by 4 April, 10 million by 11 April and 100 million by 19 April (although I very much doubt that the authorities are going to test millions of people considering the costs and how 90% of people only get mild symptoms). In any case, by the end of April I suspect that the virus will have spread around most of the population in Europe and North America.

Since China cannot afford to keep its people self isolated for months, the virus will start again spreading once people go back to work/school.

The calculation is quite impressive. It would be wise to get some effective prevention measures not to get all serious cases coming up at once.

Regarding China, according to a weather map (Windy:NO2 levels) Wuhan has started to work because the emissions are high again.
This is really a cool world weather site Windy.com

But I really doubt if the Chinese communist party will allow to report cases openly. Just a month ago, they fired the highest communist party leadership on regional level because they allowed reporting cases based on lung scans due to which statistics increased. Those who know how things are done in China say that firstly, there are no mechanism to collect the reliable statistical figures on infection cases and fatalities, secondly, whatever statistics are collected, they are "massaged" to look logical and follow the propaganda narrative. Inasmuch as the current Chinese narrative is about how the great communist party conquered the virus, they would not allow the statistic of coronavirus starting to spread again.

Besides, it could be the case that many people got over with the illness and have immunity by now.

05-0979-F1.gif

This is the statistic on Spanish flu mortality rate in the UK. It is not 10% as in one of the pictures above, but 0.5% during its first wave or 2.5% during the second wave. The Spanish flu could kill faster though, it was reported that people with strong immunity system could start feeling first symptoms in the morning and be dead by the next morning.

conspiracy theory. In fact Trump is doing ‘symbol’ politics by shutting down the flights from Europe. This causes an economic disaster see Maciamo’s analysis.
Trump thinks and acts as if he knows better than the medical experts....one big fail.

I suppose that you mentioned that as a joke. The lack of reported cases in Russia is just as political as the original cover-up in China. Or perhaps due to a lack of testing (which in itself may be politically motivated). In any case, Vodka doesn't work against coronavirus as it contains less than 60% of alcohol.
BBC News - Coronavirus: Don't use vodka to sanitise hands

Yes, Maciamo.

It is a Brazilian-style joke and, at the same time, an irony with the Russian authorities and its eternal president. In fact, nothing with less than 70% alcohol is effective for hand hygiene. It would be the same as telling Brazilians to clean their hands with cachaça. It would not be efficient because cachaça has 40% alcohol. Anyway, Putin and Bolsonaro are equivalent, each in their own way.

Cheers :)

The United States proactively restricted entry from China in January, Europe has been slower to do the same,
as a result, many cases in the United States have not come from China, but Europe.

The travel ban is “from Europe” and not “to Europe” !

That's a stupid policy that is going to do more harm than good. The US economy is going to suffer as much as Europe's as imports and exports run in the hundreds of billions of $/€ per year in both directions.

Even banning travel of people isn't going to stop or even noticeably slow down the diffusion of the virus in the US. I am ready to bet that there will be millions of cases in the USA (and Europe) in April whatever governments do.

goods can't be contaminated with corona, only humans
this measure is as stupid as can be

as for humans, for sure corona will spread in the US as well, but the longer they can postpone and spread the peak, the better

Why don't you blame China for trying to imprison the doctor that blew the whistle? You seem to want to blame Italy.

I don’t blame Italy, I just think that should have been more prudent.......

This thread has been viewed 692964 times.

Back