and we have lack of bread yeast,

In Greece seems
NO toilet papper war,
No pasta war
No antiseptics war
but bread yeast war

and offcourse nothing better than a FARMER'S SUIT

maska_4.jpg

Yeast we still have. I had my husband buy some, and flour. I don't even need the yeast. If, God willing, my fever is just from a cold or sore throat, and I ever had to, I could make panigacci in my fireplace. Believe it or not my parents used up the weight of one full suitcase so they could bring these terracotta disks and an iron grill for the fireplace back to America. :) It's just warm water, flour, and salt, and maybe a bit of oil to help it mix better.

They did have some salt pork to flavor the soups and beans, so he got two, and the pre-cooked bacon, but there is absolutely no pasta or rice left on the shelves, and I mean none, which concerns me if this could go on for months. He said the frozen food aisles were empty too, not that I buy it. It might have been a good idea to get frozen vegetables though.

My husband is more concerned with the toilet paper, don't ask me why, but they're RATIONING it: 4 per family. Oy Vey!

Sad, and we are in the same boat. At the end I am afraid will prevail the natural selection....

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

I have a cousin who's a doctor in La Spezia who says his colleagues in Lombardia are devastated thinking they may not be able to put every patient who needs it into an ICU.

That's why America needs to get on the ball. Lombardia has more ICUs per percentage of population than we do, and we're only 2 weeks behind.

These are the strains of COVID 19 in Washington State. A staggering 35 out of 39 strains came from one person from Wuhan arriving in Washington State in early January, literally days after China announced the isolation of a new virus. That was January 8th. Of course, doctors were warning of it in early December.

FJKIbJ9.png

Other states have fewer recently sequenced viruses. NY has two, one with direct travel history to Iran (and which has a genome consistent with this travel history) and another that appears to be a recent travel introduction from Europe.

I'm too tired. I can't get it straight where the transmission into the U.S. occurred. Iran I get; we knew there were cases there, but the European spread to us is from England, which we weren't even looking at for transmission to us.

With educational institutions closing, this may impede the progress of future papers.

Our Government response is not what I expected,

It seems they're heading blindly towards a Progressive trap.

It's not our way.

I'm too tired. I can't get it straight where the transmission into the U.S. occurred. Iran I get; we knew there were cases there, but the European spread to us is from England, which we weren't even looking at for transmission to us.

Yes and ironically the UK was initially spared from the ban......

I guess the only thing we can do, at least in a democratic society, is go for a controlled, guided spread of the virus. When 50/60% of the population in a country is immune we get herd immunity. That's all going to be tough enough......

when a country gets 'immunity of the pack'?

when a country gets 'immunity of the pack'?

When people got the virus and are restored than they are immune. At the level of 60% we get herd immunity. At least according to the virus experts.

This 60% can be reached trough an uncontrolled scenario, than it's health care system overload and a lot of vulnerable people are going to die.

A total prevention means very long time lock down.....looks an idee fixe. Because you can't lock down for a long time. And when you go this way the society/ economy implodes.

So they the most sensible is to reach a controlled, guided spread. That's tough. But given the situation the most sensible way.....

Microsoft launched on Monday (16) a new tool for querying real-time data about the COVID-19. Dubbed the “Bing COVID Tracker”, the novelty consists of an interactive panel that gathers data on the disease from several trusted globalized organizations, such as the World Health Organization (WHO) and the United States' Center for Disease Control (CDC). The page, integrated with the Bing search engine, also brings updated news about the "new coronavirus" for each country. Visually speaking, the panel presents itself similarly to other tools of its kind, but here we have an advantage: it gives full support to mobile navigation, with a specific presentation for the smartphone screen. This, incidentally, is a constant complaint from users of this type of mechanism: informational such as these are, for the most part, designed with the desktop in mind, and mobile navigation ends up being a “mirror” of this, impairing viewing. The fact that the Bing COVID Tracker information is fully localized and translated, also contributes, which should certainly help the data penetrate to the general public, instead of reducing it to just journalists, scientists and people who actively do this type of consultation. The panel is displayed on a global basis, but when clicking on a specific country, local information takes priority, displaying not only the news we mentioned above, but also governmental guidelines to be taken against the virus (if the country’s government has communicated any, of course).

The Bing COVID Tracker page can be accessed at the link below:

https://bing.com/covid

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

When people got the virus and are restored than they are immune. At the level of 60% we get herd immunity. At least according to the virus experts.

This 60% can be reached trough an uncontrolled scenario, than it's health care system overload and a lot of vulnerable people are going to die.

A total prevention means very long time lock down.....looks an idee fixe. Because you can't lock down for a long time. And when you go this way the society/ economy implodes.

So they the most sensible is to reach a controlled, guided spread. That's tough. But given the situation the most sensible way.....

France just went in total lockdown.
I wonder whether this will be sustainable in the long run.

My son had a doctor's appointment for this evening. He told me they called and cancelled and had a facetime conference instead, after which they sent the script electronically to the pharmacy, which will deliver it. Welcome to the foreseeable future.

The first drive in testing station is up and fully operational in New York, but it's in New Rochelle, where the hard hit synagogue is located and there's a lockdown of the whole area. I knew the lawyer had traveled to the Near East, but don't see how he could have gotten into Iran. Perhaps there was an intermediary.

They had better get a lot more of them up and running pronto.

My son had a doctor's appointment for this evening. He told me they called and cancelled and had a facetime conference instead, after which they sent the script electronically to the pharmacy, which will deliver it. Welcome to the foreseeable future.

The first drive in testing station is up and fully operational in New York, but it's in New Rochelle, where the hard hit synagogue is located and there's a lockdown of the whole area. I knew the lawyer had traveled to the Near East, but don't see how he could have gotten into Iran. Perhaps there was an intermediary.

They had better get a lot more of them up and running pronto.

I think he travelled to Israel. One of the sources of the coronavirus in Greece is a tour group that went to visit holy places in Israel and Egypt.

New York State is now the most hard hit U.S. state. The governor is giving a news conference. I can't stand Andrew Cuomo's politics, and he's an abrasive s.o.b., but he's almost as bright as his father, he's a good summarizer, and he knows how to connect emotionally when he opens up, and this is a great presentation. He seems like he's on top of it.

He also has made the point that all the partisan, political, gotcha crap has to end. He says he and President Trump and the federal team have been in recent, constant contact, and he said the cooperation is total in those areas where the federal government has jurisdiction, i.e. FEMA, Army Corps of Engineers for increasing hospital capability, and, if necessary, the National Guard. I didn't think Cuomo had it in him.

What he's saying is that if closing restaurants, bars, pubs isn't enough to push the curve down, then maybe non-essential businesses will have to close, in part because parents need to be home to care for children, who are walking spreaders.

The famous Cuomo lack of patience for stupid people and their stupid questions is emerging now that the reporters are asking questions. :)

As soon as its on youtube I'll post a link. Everyone should listen to it.

I think he travelled to Israel. One of the sources of the coronavirus in Greece is a tour group that went to visit holy places in Israel and Egypt.

I guess if the ultimate source of that strain is Iran, then it had already moved under the radar before anyone was aware of it.

An analysis of 100 Chinese cities found that high temperature & humidity are correlated with lower transmission of #COVID-19 & #coronavirusThis is consistent with evidence that high temperature & humidity significantly reduce transmission of the flu.. https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3551767

China is returning to "normal"?

Maybe, but every picture shows they're all still wearing masks.

An analysis of 100 Chinese cities found that high temperature & humidity are correlated with lower transmission of #COVID-19 & #coronavirusThis is consistent with evidence that high temperature & humidity significantly reduce transmission of the flu.. https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3551767

China is returning to "normal"?

Maybe, but every picture shows they're all still wearing masks.

They're used to wear masks for pollution or just the regular flu. It's a mask culture now.

This thread has been viewed 696698 times.

Back