Health New Coronavirus in China

From your lips to God's ear, as my Jewish friends say. :)

I love proverbs; they tell us so much about the human psyche.

We Greeks also have the same proverb. :)

One that I used recently in Greek gets translated into: At a deaf person's door you can knock as loud as you want, they're still not going to hear you.

That was in reference to a number of us insisting that we cannot depend on other countries to produce critical items for us.

90012622_10158147928202436_5100602967732518912_n.jpg

Yes, somebody has a sense of humor:grin:.

We Greeks also have the same proverb. :)

One that I used recently in Greek gets translated into: At a deaf person's door you can knock as loud as you want, they're still not going to hear you.

That was in reference to a number of us insisting that we cannot depend on other countries to produce critical items for us.

Who is going to produce critical items for us?

I'm really interested to hear.

Last I knew, China is threatening to stop sending us antibiotics and other drugs. Which country was it which said it's not exporting any of its ventilators.

I'd love to hear some altruism still exists in nations.

Thanks for the joke. :) Laughter is the best medicine, physically and mentally: it keeps you sane.

Who is going to produce critical items for us?

I'm really interested to hear.

Last I knew, China is threatening to stop sending us antibiotics and other drugs. Which country was it which said it's not exporting any of its ventilators.

I'd love to hear some altruism still exists in nations.

That's why we cannot depend on China to produce those critical items such as drugs and surgical masks. We have to produce them here in this country. I am sure that if we sat down we can come up with an extensive list of items.

We might also have to rethink the JIT (Just in Time) option of inventory management of these critical items and maybe store a year's worth of supply of these critical items.

I don't know when government will get the message (speaking of things falling on deaf ears) that if people have COVID 19 they won't be spreading it if they're wearing a mask.

Called the county health department a few minutes ago. They said I shouldn't wait for more severe symptoms, that a temperature of 99.6 and a sore throat and cough once in a while and headache are enough, and that I should go to my nearest Urgent Care facility.

Yeah, and what, infect everyone there if I do have it? What if it's just a mild seasonal bug? Going there I could infect myself.

Maybe I should break out that mask and put on a pair of gloves and go?

People might be basically asymptomatic, and just starting to cough occasionally. They should be wearing them too imo. It would have been a hell of a lot better for the economy than what's going on.

Just freaking retool some factories and crank them out.

Ramp up the production, people.

That's why we cannot depend on China to produce those critical items such as drugs and surgical masks. We have to produce them here in this country. I am sure that if we sat down we can come up with an extensive list of items.

Couldn't agree more.

That's why I've been on a free U.S. from Chinese dependence for years.

As for Europe, well, I'll leave it there. This is not the time for politics.

Couldn't agree more.

That's why I've been on a free U.S. from Chinese dependence for years.

As for Europe, well, I'll leave it there. This is not the time for politics.

offcourse president Trumpoffers1 billion dollars to a German company if remember correct
toproduce the first anti-corona treatment only for USA,

politics and money.

If we had both the masks and disposable gloves available and pumped up the testing then the infection rate might have slowed down a bit. The curve might have flattened out without radical measures.

offcourse president Trumpoffers1 billion dollars to a German company if remember correct
toproduce the first anti-corona treatment only for USA,

politics and money.

The first vaccine is being tested in Washington State as we speak. Those brave volunteers are taking a vaccine which hasn't gone through the full complement of normal animal testing and full review procedures. You think they won't release the formula if it works???

JUST STOP WITH THE POLITICS!

If we had both the masks and disposable gloves available and pumped up the testing then the infection rate might have slowed down a bit. The curve might have flattened out without radical measures.

Exactly, big snake, but it's not too late if we're talking about mitigation.

Governor Cuomo.

It seems to me that willy nilly random testing is not effective. Just because you tested negative today does not mean that you will test negative tomorrow or the day after or the week after. Only test if you show symptoms or you have been in contact with a confirmed case even though you're not showing symptoms.

I think very many people in many countries have already had this virus , did not know about it and have lived though it

I want to see what results summer brings to Europe and winter to Australia

I think very many people in many countries have already had this virus , did not know about it and have lived though it

I want to see what results summer brings to Europe and winter to Australia

Our friends suspect that they had it at the end of January/early February. She's nurse ands taking care of a Chinese man that had the symptoms. She got it from him and her symptoms were more severe than her husbands. Of course it could have been just your garden variety pneumonia. I encouraged them to go get tested but they don't want to bother.

Now that's the spirit. :)

"Me and my wife Are trying to make love six feet apart it’s been very difficult for me"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Attachments

• 6c2b0385825e1eafca54a7f5f5870dc0--the-kiss-kiss-me.jpg
    6c2b0385825e1eafca54a7f5f5870dc0--the-kiss-kiss-me.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 108
^^^^^^^^^^

This social distancing cannot last for more than a month. Otherwise the damage to the economy will be severe!

So what will happen after 15 days or a month? We will probably have to isolate the most vulnerable from the rest of us. How? Build temporary shelter with extreme isolation from the outside?

This thread has been viewed 697095 times.

Back