Health New Coronavirus in China

Neighbor said that the local ShopRite is limiting the sale of T. paper to 2 rolls per customer.

Honestly, that's appropriate, with the morons who purchased truckloads of it among other things have really made it difficult for others. Returning these purchases shouldn't be allowed either. Did you see the people who bought so much milk it was layered in their cart? Do these people understand the shelf-life of milk?

Isolation at Home is a big problem,
my niece engagement is canceled for who knows when,
I am certain that with my wife we will kill each other, from too much 'care' ( I already add some kilos)
All day TV nothing else except Coronavirus,

I think state must also use sociologists and psychiatrists in this war against corona.
for we all get out with psychic and social problems, infected and not

Yes, isolation can be difficult on the human psyche, especially when we realize just how much a human is a social creature. I've never been this bored before, it comes in waves of boredom, followed by something to occupy my time (like things I need to do that I now have to do online) and back to boredom. I think avoiding watching TV (or at least the news) could be a good thing. Read some books, etc.

Oh boy...

U.S. Virus Plan Anticipates 18-Month Pandemic and Widespread Shortages

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/17/us/politics/trump-coronavirus-plan.html

Oh jeez... that's a long time.

I read somewhere that Switzerland had some predictions for various levels of intervention with the virus ranging from nothing to a middle ground approach and a draconian approach. The draconian approach had the better numbers of total cases of the three.

Neighbor said that the local ShopRite is limiting the sale of T. paper to 2 rolls per customer.

Same here. Paper towels as well.

As I said before, Amazon Fresh and affiliated Whole Foods no longer have home deliveries here. It's all very well and good to say get food delivered, but if no one wants to run around delivering food, what then? It's back to the markets, and you're going to be congregating again.

Amazon is saying it doesn't know when or if hand sanitizers will be available for shipment.

If you can't find regular bleach, which is gone in my market, use hydrogen peroxide.

It was 5 tablespoons of bleach per gallon according to CDC. I guess the coronvirus needs a stronger concentration.

In either case, you have to scrub and let air dry.

5 days now, minimum for 14 days (another 9) but sure will go more,
only super market, pharmacies, gas station is discussed for next week,
this week is allowed take away and delivery,

2 days before at midnight I took my young daughter, and we drive the car to highway, for hours,
Empty roads.

only between 6-8 evening, when people are running with gloves and masks here, you see some,
but fear when you see many no matter 5 meters away, Greet them is out of question,
I think more than 10 days will be a problem to societies,

The last one is for sure....but my suspicion is: this takes longer.
The streets in the center are quite, people go in daytime to the supermarket, the supermarket personal wear gloves otherwise business as usual. People are calm.
I now see on the news they give the hospital personal a tuberculosis serum to give the resistance a boost.....
Sometimes the boys play football that's not 100% correct but ok those guys otherwise fly up against the wall.

Honestly, that's appropriate, with the morons who purchased truckloads of it among other things have really made it difficult for others. Returning these purchases shouldn't be allowed either. Did you see the people who bought so much milk it was layered in their cart? Do these people understand the shelf-life of milk?

Yes, isolation can be difficult on the human psyche, especially when we realize just how much a human is a social creature. I've never been this bored before, it comes in waves of boredom, followed by something to occupy my time (like things I need to do that I now have to do online) and back to boredom. I think avoiding watching TV (or at least the news) could be a good thing. Read some books, etc.

Oh jeez... that's a long time.

I read somewhere that Switzerland had some predictions for various levels of intervention with the virus ranging from nothing to a middle ground approach and a draconian approach. The draconian approach had the better numbers of total cases of the three.

Ok recognizable I have some problems with concentration too, but that's partly because the little one sleeps bad and keeps us awake. That's bad for our resistance....:sad-2:

Like I said to yetos, they are giving the academic hospital personel a tuberculosis serum in order to give the resistance a boost. That's an experiment.

Yesterday we had in the whole country at 20.00 an applause ceremony, this evening at 1900 the bells of all churches were ringing for a long time.....

Potentially even longer. :(

We need a vaccine ASAP.

They've skipped animal trials, and gone straight to brave people volunteering to be guinea pigs, and they say STILL 12 months to 18 months.

Good grief. In between bouts of checking my internet feeds, I'm watching movies and tv serials.

On Amazon Prime I'm watching Thous Shalt Not Kill, an Italian police procedural (English subtitles). The benefits and the drama of close family relationships.

It's quite good, especially the acting. The lead is played by Miriam Leone, a former Miss Italy (totally de-glamorized). Usually beauty pageant types can't act; she can.

Ok recognizable I have some problems with concentration too, but that's partly because the little one sleeps bad and keeps us awake. That's bad for our resistance....:sad-2:

Like I said to yetos, they are giving the academic hospital personel a tuberculosis serum in order to give the resistance a boost. That's an experiment.

Yesterday we had in the whole country at 20.00 an applause ceremony, this evening at 1900 the bells of all churches were ringing for a long time.....

churches are closed for ceremonies here,
they are open for personal pray, max 20 min, and entrance is allowed according m2 (square meters)
so a church of 100 m2 can accept only 9 people + 1 priest)
the problem is funerals,
people you know die, and you can't go to church, neither to cemetery,
relatives have problems, cause not more than 10 people above cemetery tomp is allowed,

they are open for personal pray, max 20 min, and entrance is allowed according m2 (square meters)
the problem is funerals,
relatives have problems, cause not more than 10 people at cemetery tomp is allowed,

My goodness....
All church bells were ringing a long time this evening.....the ceremonies on sunday are live streamed.

Potentially even longer. :(

We need a vaccine ASAP.

Multiple countries are working toward a vaccine. Saskatchewan seemingly moved on to trials as soon as hockey was cancelled here.

They've skipped animal trials, and gone straight to brave people volunteering to be guinea pigs, and they say STILL 12 months to 18 months.

Good grief. In between bouts of checking my internet feeds, I'm watching movies and tv serials.

On Amazon Prime I'm watching Thous Shalt Not Kill, an Italian police procedural (English subtitles). The benefits and the drama of close family relationships.

It's quite good, especially the acting. The lead is played by Miriam Leone, a former Miss Italy (totally de-glamorized). Usually beauty pageant types can't act; she can.

The vaccine tested in Seattle is an mRNA vaccine and yeah it will be awhile yet until we really get any results for everything.

In other news, I think we're going to have a delay in Ancient DNA papers since most universities are moving to online delivery and campuses are emptied out. Sigh. This is going to feel like forever.

I started the series, Jamestown (I can't remember if it is on Netflix, Hulu, or Prime, at the moment) Thus far I am really liking it!

the problem is funerals,
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]relatives have problems, cause not more than 10 people above cemetery tomp is allowed,
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I received an e-mail today, from the church I am a parishioner at. The Cardinal ordered the indefinite suspension of mass, due to the crisis.[/FONT]

On the first business day after the authorities' recommendation regarding the new coronavirus, bathers in Rio were again in great number on the beaches this Monday (16).

In the South Zone, Arpoador, Ipanema the beaches had non standard concentrations of bathers for a Monday.

On Sunday, many Cariocas and tourists ignored the government's warning and made their mark on the city's beaches on the last weekend of the summer.

Faced with the coronavirus pandemic, the orientation is for the population to avoid agglomerations.

On Friday, Governor Wilson Witzel had said that the military police could block the beaches to prevent crowds. The Fire Department of Rio de Janeiro started at this Monday (16) a car tour with alerts to avoid agglomerations. On a loudspeaker installed in a car, a fireman repeated the following message:

"The State Civil Defense asks the population to avoid crowds on the beaches. Please, for the safety of your neighbors, friends and family, come home," said the message.

"The moment is for awareness. Do your part to help prevent and control the coronavirus. You always count on the firefighters. Can we count on you?", He amended.

The car stopped at beaches like Recreio, in the West Zone, and Vermelha, in the South Zone. Praça Cardeal Arcoverde, one of the subway accesses to Copacabana Beach, was also a place to stop and do alerts to the population.

Pics of bathers in the beaches of the City of Rio de Janeiro this Monday, 16.

RWDPtjq.jpg

MSIYqBR.jpg

Mj9WRN5.jpg

Ermi1ZL.jpg

k3HhQX0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

the problem is funerals,
relatives have problems, cause not more than 10 people above cemetery tomp is allowed,

The bells from Groningen for Greece!!!
https://twitter.com/D_Janowitz/status/1240359255267586048?s=20

Spanish scientist says: They give to a footballer 1 million euros per month and to a bioscientist they give 1,800 euros per month. Now they look for the treatment for this virus, so look for Cristiano Ronaldo or Messi to find the cure!

n54DNWi.png

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

I knew it was coming:
"Nineteen long-term care facilities in Florida have either a suspected or confirmed case of the coronavirus, including two confirmed cases in Duval and Broward counties."

After CoronaVirus
Comes CoronaSAURUS

[video=youtube;5WKx1Mowvio]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=21&v=5WKx1Mowvio&feature=emb_l ogo[/video]

Last edited:
... just taking some numbers at face value.

It’s amazing how the Chinese are able to keep their latest Corona numbers so low.

... :rolleyes: ... :useless: ...

This thread has been viewed 698081 times.

Back