Health New Coronavirus in China

To date, there is no evidence that HIV is more risky for the coronavirus.

Last week, the British HIV Association (BHIVA) - an organization representing healthcare professionals working in the UK in the field of HIV - released a statement regarding the coronavirus and HIV in where it was stated that, to date, there were no indications that determined that people with HIV were at greater risk of infection with the coronavirus (COVID-19) or suffering serious complications. They also recalled that the main mortality risk factors identified to date with COVID-19 are being older and having certain comorbidities, such as kidney problems or diabetes.

On the other hand, people taking antiretroviral treatment and having a CD4 count of more than 500 cells / mm3 can expect their results to be similar to those of seronegative people with similar characteristics.

http://iemakaie.es/2020/03/09/hasta...plique-un-mayor-riesgo-frente-al-coronavirus/

If someone from New York reads this, don't let them use you as scapegoats because there is data to avoid being on that list where they have to exchange HIV for immunosuppressed. Don't let them mark you

Could the German low fatality rate be influenced not only by strict interpretation of what caused a death but by the large number of test administered? If you test a large number people with mild symptoms then the denominator of the fatality rate will be much larger, therefore the fatality rate would be much smaller. If you test only severe cases then the denominator will be much smaller.

Last edited:
Could the German low fatality rate be influenced not only by strict interpretation of what caused a death but by the large number of test administered. If you test a large number people with mild symptoms then the denominator of the fatality rate will be much larger, therefore the fatality rate would be much smaller. If you test only severe cases then the denominator will be much smaller.

That's possible, but if Germany tests much more people with mild symptoms, then the number of cases per capita is surprisingly low compared to neighbouring countries.

Official position of the Federal Government of Brazil now voiced by the Vice President of the Republic and the Minister of Health. Did Bolsonaro have been informed of this ????

“Increasingly isolated, after being criticized by almost all the governors, Jair Bolsonaro was disallowed by the Vice President, Hamilton Mourão, who defended social isolation in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic. CNN journalist Daniela Lima reported that Mourão said the government's official position is social isolation and that Bolsonaro has expressed himself poorly. In a press conference what's happening now, the Minister of Health, Henrique Mandetta, also defended the isolation measure, which he called ‘bitter medicine’ ”.

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

Those infected in Germany are predominantly younger people. They do better.

My post up thread about the spread from the ski resort in Austria provides some stats.

They may not spend as much time with their grandparents, so it didn't spread into that more vulnerable population..

I was reading an article about the effects of 'stay home'

vulnerable groups are also those who are connected with drugs,
Especially cheap drugs,
By the limited traffic, the most economically damaged groups are the 'cigarette smugglers' and 'pushers'
the damage to smugglers, and drug dealers, as also the new economical crisis, is turning societies and young people to a tottaly different thinking.

Last edited:
Those infected in Germany are predominantly younger people. They do better.

My post up thread about the spread from the ski resort in Austria provides some stats.

They may not spend as much time with their grandparents, so it didn't spread into that more vulnerable population..

It's time to change their reporting system as well. It's not helpful to say, well, once someone is dead there's no point in testing to see whether they had coronavirus, especially if they had known comorbidities.

Yes, it's helpful, because we have to know how deadly it is; surely that should be clear.

Meanwhile, patient zero in the British Isles may be a British man who went on a skiing trip to that Austrian resort mentioned above in late January, where he said he and his buddies spent a lot of time playing beer pong. You know, where you share the same ball to spit into some beer. Jeez, sounds like so much fun. I can't think why I never got into it. After all, why worry about germs; we have to build up immunities, right?

In Australia, a wealthy couple who went to ski in Aspen Colorado finally took a test when they got back to Australia, and then, despite testing positive refused to self isolate and went to shops and gold courses. Another couple from that trip refused testing in Colorado, even though there were a lot of cases popping up, because if they tested positive they'd have to stop skiing. Poor babies, I mean who are these serfs trying to stop them from enjoying their lives?

They put their daughters right back into private school through, despite the objections of the other parents.

Nice, really nice.

Meanwhile, in the U.K., 400,000 people have signed up to become National Health Service Volunteers.

It takes all kinds, I guess. I'd do it here if I could, but there's no way they'd allow it.

Von der Leyen sends a message of support to Spain:

"You are not alone"

Thank you von der Leyen for this message of support and solidarity and for dedicating a few words to us in Spanish, our national and international language.

Last edited:

Von der Leyen sends a message of support to Spain and its toilets:

"You are not alone"

Thank you von der Leyen for this message of support and solidarity and for dedicating a few words to us in Spanish, our national and international language.

Hello Carlos.
I think that you would like to say “health professionals” instead “toilets”.
Nice video of support to the Spaniards.
All things must pass and Spain will up stronger next the storm.
Greetings.

I will link a video,
it may contain political affairs
Do not know if TRUE OR FAKE NEWS.
but it is shocking,
the image we do not want to see or live,

if someone is political offended plz erase the post,
my intension is the freak of corona, not politics

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-I8OxnF9iG/?utm_source=ig_embed

PLZ
stay at home,
wash and sterilize as you can every food and package enters house,
wash clothes if went outside with human traffic,
Wear masks and gloves outside, And do not touch eyes mouth nose
Avoid using cash money, they are the most dirty thing, if needed use gloves,
wash and sterilize your car,
clean or even change filters on air vendiltator system
if you have ability cover even your eyes,
KEEP 2,5-3 m DISTANCE from other people when outside

those are primary obligations to our shelves,
First we do this,

and after we demand from others what should they do.

also remember, it is detected on water even after urban wastewater treatment

PS,
AND YES I AM IN PANIC,
everytime I go to market, or a doctor,
and see people with no protection coming closer and laugh when you ask to keep distance,
having father and mother above 80's, and the only person they see live being you,
Yes I am in Panic
cause I do not understand it,
we all spend money to buy macaroni for 5 years,
rice, flour, frozen food, toilet papper for 5 years, 50 litters of antiseptic, extra buckets of gasoline, long life milk,
but did not spend 2-3 E to buy a package of 5 paint-protection masks,
or a multiuse FFP2.
Yes I am in Panic
AND I AM IN FEAR
a fear that maybe I attack someone, and have violent behavour,
a fear that when I ask someone keep the distance he attacks me,
a fear of goverment and for goverment,
a fear that I forgot or I have not predict something,

Lets all have our private time of thinking whishing and pray
AND KEEP WALKING CALM

Last edited:
Meanwhile our governor is directing all people coming to Florida from the Tri-State area (New York, NJ, Connecticut) to:
1. Self isolate at their own expense
2. Inform everybody in Florida they might have come in contact with for the past 21 days that they have come from a Covid-19 hotspot.

He also directs all law enforcement officers to enforce the law.

https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/orders/2020/EO_20-82.pdf

Meanwhile our governor is directing all people coming to Florida from the Tri-State area (New York, NJ, Connecticut) to:
1. Self isolate at their own expense
2. Inform everybody in Florida they might have come in contact with for the past 21 days that they have come from a Covid-19 hotspot.

He also directs all law enforcement officers to enforce the law.

https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/orders/2020/EO_20-82.pdf

It would have been nice if Florida had closed its beaches and stopped mass "parties" by idiot "Spring Breakers". Now, all those kids have gone home to infect their families.

It would have been nice if Florida had closed its beaches and stopped mass "parties" by idiot "Spring Breakers". Now, all those kids have gone home to infect their families.
In my county have 13 cases. 8 of the 13 are travel related.

New York's own "super-spreader" event, Chinese Lunar New Year parades?

Every borough in the city staged them, but the most "Chinese" of the boroughs had the largest parade, and it was held in Flushing, Queens.
457561_1578425562.jpg

Where are the highest numbers of Coronavirus cases? Queens and adjacent Brooklyn.

Which is the hardest hit hospital? Elmhurst Hospital in Queens, a stone's throw from the route of the parade.

The last parade was February 9th.

Given the date, not quite as stupid as keeping the ski resorts open into March, but...

CPANvJV.png

E4vvrkU.png

Why? Because the Coronavirus "scare" was racist, and these were politicians playing to their constituents.

The real beaut was later, and from my nominee for the biggest dunce of a mayor, Bill DeBlasio...

dTwpGTy.png

No wonder Governor Cuomo's face tightens up every time he has to utter the words: the Mayor. The Governor had to freaking demand, within 24 hours, a plan to reduce density on New York City streets.

He's the same genius who refused to close the New York City school system until forced, because he was afraid it would be inconvenient for inner city kids to get their free breakfasts and lunches. The state had to step in and provide him with a plan for that as well.

I knew it was coming: the state is considering hospital wide non resuscitation orders for Coronavirus patients.

I completely understand it, but it's still terrible.

I knew it was coming: the state is considering hospital wide non resuscitation orders for Coronavirus patients.

I completely understand it, but it's still terrible.

Did they order industrial size gas ovens yet? I mean why even take them to the hospital?

by tomorrow the US will have more confirmed cases than Italy and (supposedly) China.

... tv talks about curves, ... all I see are vertical straight lines.

in my State, the confirmed cases are skyrocketing, that said, three counties are considered part of the New York metropolitan area.

Did they order industrial size gas ovens yet? I mean why even take them to the hospital?

Well, that's what China did, i.e. sent them home when they ran out of hospital, and especially ventilator capacity, and locked them in with their relatives, who all promptly got it, but couldn't spread it, because police and military were on the streets to keep them inside their homes. China has been widely praised for bringing it under control. That was one of their methods. They also burned most of the bodies because there was no one to bury them.

If there aren't enough ventilators, even by hooking up two people at a time, what would you suggest?

The average ventilator patient is on the machines for 3-4 days, while a Coronavirus patient is on them for 3 weeks or more; that's why the statistics coming out of Wuhan and Italy show such huge numbers of "unresolved" cases.

To be fair, if you're over 65 and have pre-existing conditions and have been on a ventilator for a while, I doubt you'll ever be the same again; you might be condemned to a ventilator for the rest of your life. If you're trying to save the most lives possible, would it really make sense to resuscitate that person if he or she goes into cardiac arrest?

I already have a non-resuscitation order in my living will for certain situations; I've had it for a long time. No way I want to have my family see me in a vegetative state for years.

This is what I keep on coming back to: it's not the absolute CFR when this is over and we have a real feel for what it is; it's that even if it's only 1% (which is ten times more than from the flu), if you have a large enough number of cases of it in one area, and it's more severe than regular influenza cases, resulting in a larger percentage of cases requiring hospitalization, that means the hospital system will be over-run, which means not only more deaths from Coronavirus, but more deaths from everything else, including infectious and non-infectious diseases like cancer.

How has New York become so rapidly an epicenter of Covid-19? With more than 35,000 cases in a population of 19.5 million people, it's now more seriously affected by it than Italy (or it's testing more people, I don't know what's going on there now).

This thread has been viewed 690648 times.

Back