Health New Coronavirus in China

Covid lock-downs, how many days in order to be effective? From the day of diagnosis it takes roughly at least 25 days to 'clear the virus' (transmissibility stops?) for roughly one in four patients. (Korean numbers, where a clearer picture is emerging day by day.)

Yes, folks, it's true...yet now they blame the federal government, the state government, anyone but themselves and their "WOKE EPIDEMIOLOGISTS".

"Testing and contact tracing are worse than the disease because they stigmatize those with the illness. I learned this reading leading epidemiologists in the NY TImes.https://nytimes.com/2020/01/27/opinion/china-wuhan-virus-quarantine.html"

Wait till the Chinese hordes come :).

Chinese tourist hordes have been coming for years. If you mean something else, I have already thought about it, everything will depend on the decrease caused by this pandemic in Europe, the invasion of the steppes will be a children's tale in comparison. The Chinese and others are watching what happens; even if it is exceeded, it will have created a precedent and could be repeated in the future, since some too young country tempts luck and old countries have patience.

Belo Horizonte (Southeast): 96

JdsDInD.jpg

Thanks for the data and sources Ygorcs.

Just so as not to leave Belo Horizonte without a face, as you posted a photo of your beautiful Fortaleza, I post a photo of my beautiful Belo Horizonte. I took the photo myself from a drugstore parking lot, in front of the Biocor Hospital, where my mother-in-law was hospitalized until last month with heart problems. She is 82 years old and part of the risk group for COVID-19. Tourism in BH, only if it's business, unlike Fortaleza, with its wonderful beaches that attract leisure tourism. That is the Belvedere/Vila da Serra region, 1,200 m above sea level, where, in June and July, temperatures below zero degrees Celsius are common. Very different from the delicious and tropical Fortaleza.
Fraternal greetings.

Chinese tourist hordes have been coming for years. If you mean something else, I have already thought about it, everything will depend on the decrease caused by this pandemic in Europe, the invasion of the steppes will be a children's tale in comparison. The Chinese and others are watching what happens; even if it is exceeded, it will have created a precedent and could be repeated in the future, since some too young country tempts luck and old countries have patience.
You have not seen anything yet :).

@ Carlos

you can recogn them from hundred meters,
a flock of photographers,
No one wears black or dark colours,
all wear hat at midlle of day, but none before or after,
each shoot 2000 pic per day,
and they stop to eat KFC like food,
They are gathered around their quide,

KINEZOI-TOYRISTES.jpg

kinezoi-touristes.jpg

they follow the 'party' instructions by book, by heart, by mind, by hand,
AND THEY NEVER GO ALONE OR 2 or 3
ALWAYS A PROGRAMED GROUP
even for Parapende flight at mt Olympos

eCzbEx_07Wr_GKY08VGln7ul0-jB_GWIZmR-gRcUc2E7MC-bHvAq39EKZgcIjiTLWYpH23_g1PD6_214zhuzay2psQ0Q6VVcQSkSd6tjvCKtPCKCL5zQceaVU9ZO6EMv8ktQ2LtwFMxg

2Q==

Thank you, WHO. I mean, this was early days, yet, but still...

World Health Organization (WHO)

· Jan 14

Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China

Or maybe they got hoodwinked by the Chinese government?

Needless to say, the following has to be peer reviewed, and more studies have to be conducted.

This is why we need mandatory masking in public #masks4al

@CMichaelGibso 14h

Pre print data suggests that viral aerosol particles are produced by individuals that have the COVID-19 disease, even in the absence of cough. https://medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.23.20039446v2.full.pdf

Anyone have any idea why this would be? Is it just lag time?

vS7hQJ6.png
[/IMG]

Thank you, WHO. I mean, this was early days, yet, but still...

World Health Organization (WHO)

· Jan 14

Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China

Or maybe they got hoodwinked by the Chinese government?

Needless to say, the following has to be peer reviewed, and more studies have to be conducted.

This is why we need mandatory masking in public #masks4al

@CMichaelGibso 14h

Pre print data suggests that viral aerosol particles are produced by individuals that have the COVID-19 disease, even in the absence of cough. https://medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.23.20039446v2.full.pdf

Anyone have any idea why this would be? Is it just lag time?

vS7hQJ6.png
[/IMG]

This is also Germany Angela, they offer some ic-beds to North Italians, French, Dutch:

Where borders close for others, they open to patients. "We are talking about a human life," said state minister Theresia Bauer in conversation with regional broadcaster SWR.

Christoph Josten,director of the University Hospital of Leipzig, tells broadcaster MDR that there is sufficient capacity. "We see this as our duty and consciously send a signal of European solidarity and humanity. We help where possible."

Aachen, Münster have offered it also....

https://www.rtlnieuws.nl/nieuws/bui...d-capaciteit-ic-bedden-vergelijking-nederland

@Yetos

The accumulated expenditure of Chinese tourists in Spain in 2019 amounted to 1,675 million euros, representing a growth of 28% compared to the 2018 figure, according to data presented by the Spain-China Tourism Association (Atec) during the "Chinese Tourism 2020" forum, held in Fitur.

The president of Atec, Rafael Cascales, explained that the expenditure of Chinese tourists in Spain has grown "exponentially" in just five years, while reminding that in 2014 the turnover was only 192 million euros.

The number of Chinese visitors to Spain is still "far" from those registered in other European destinations such as the United Kingdom, Italy or France, which are close to approximately two million visitors.

https://www.abc.es/viajar/noticias/...ienen-cuanto-gastan-202001300154_noticia.html

Turistas-chinas-compras-Madrid_1372672723_416002_660x434.jpg

They really love Spain and they admire us and in recent years they have been making an effort to be more communicative with the natives. They are happy and sparkling but inside, they don't express it as much.

The EU. He loses all this money that was entered thanks to Spain and its wonders.

We will have to recycle back to national tourism and if everything goes well and the U.E. She is a collaborator accepting Nordic European tourism as long as they have not traveled to non-EU countries at least in the last 3 months, that will be decided by the experts and I imagine that a specific figure, we are all in the same boat and everything is going to change hopelessly.

don't bother
the Germans are the 2nd worst, coming close behind the Chinese
it's a well-established fact which you can't alter

?
they have a big ic-capcity....may be soon filled (could well be the case), but nevertheless until now they don't give the sign the borders for foreign patients is closed....

@Carlos

it was about 200 000 chinese tourist at 1019, comparing the 31 500 000 tourists in Greece,
yet from the way of move, act etc, you can recogn them from far,
it was about 500 000 to come this year, via contracts,
if you know how they act, you would tell strange kind of tourism,
organised and guided every minute,
the only who have profit are the BIG MALLS,
they leave them one day to such markets, and next day there is not a single shoe primary, and cotton underwear.
offcourseafter hard pazari (bargain)
But they enjoy it, and that counts,
they do many activities mostly, but hard bargain for the group,
They marry 5-10 couples to same ceremony,
But they do not cause any trouble,
Their only problem, is that they act like a flock,
you can not pass through them, or by pass them etc,
you have to wait even 100 people to stand and each take his photo,
offcourse that is not their bad kind of tourism, rather a semi-good quiet tourism, no problem people,
the bad kind usually comes after 7-8 years of first coming,

Truth is that they are not RELAX tourists, but rather fast travelers and observers,

I don't blame Germany for the virus coming into Lombardia, if that's indeed how some of it happened, and as the epidemiology certainly indicates it could have happened. Whatever happened it wasn't done deliberately. There was also information coming from the WHO and other authorities which certainly led to a lot of mis-steps by everyone.

The only person on this site who had the outright ignorance, irresponsibility, and complete lack of feeling for his fellow Europeans to blame another country for any of this was Bicicleur in claiming Italy had blood on its hands and was responsible for the destabilization of Europe. Talking about blood on people's hands, what are you going to do to the Austrian ski resorts which were kept open long after there were people dropping like flies of a disease everyone by then knew was highly contagious? Or, are different standards are applied to Northern Europeans?

What China did at the time the virus first surfaced wasn't a mis-step or an error in judgment or a "mistake". It engaged in deliberate, premeditated activity to destroy evidence of it and punished doctors trying to raise awareness. The first cases surfaced in late November/early December. They didn't announce it until the second week of January and were still saying it wasn't going from human to human when the numbers clearly indicated it did.

I guess they don't have blood on their hands, right, Bicicleur?

If some people can't tell the difference between negligence and premeditated, wilful acts which in individuals would constitute a crime, then I don't know what to tell you.

As for the EU, of which Germany is the dominant player, I have been saying for as long as I've been on this Board and for years before that that it was a terrible deal for Southern European countries. All they've ever been wanted for is to serve as markets. The inability of these countries to float their currency has stagnated their economies for years and harmed their manufacturing sectors.

The last straw came during the refugee crisis. European Unity is a JOKE! It was every country for itself; no unified plan, no aid for the countries on the front line.

Now we have the Coronavirus. I, and Italy, are supposed to be grateful for a few measly ventilators after weeks of carnage? They're just catching on that the Chinese have made them look bad. Who came in with tons of supplies, doctors etc? Was it Italy's EU brothers? No, it wasn't. It was the Chinese, for their own reasons, of course, but still they came.

What's the result? Support for the EU has plummeted in Italy. Good; it was about time. They bought all the b.s. propaganda for too long.

My only regret is that out of gratitude Italy and other countries in Southern Europe and the Balkans may turn to China for rebuilding, and all you have to do is look at what has gone on in Africa to know that agreements with China never turn out to the benefit of the non-Chinese countries.

I wouldn't have written this, but unfortunately I can't block the posts of moderators. I'm just going to not let my eye fall on his posts anymore.

I'll tell you another thing, though: I'm not leaving like LeBroc. I tried to keep the peace between them for months. It turns out he was right and I was wrong.

However, if I see b.s. I'll still call it.

WOW
USA is Back to Kaynes? Yeah

Back to European models !!!!!!!!

The World will not benefit from it, to the contrary.

the amount of money that is going to be distributed is astronomical, foreign aid will surely be reduced.

I don't blame Germany for the virus coming into Lombardia, if that's indeed how some of it happened, and as the epidemiology certainly indicates it could have happened.

i guess it doesn't really matter now, but it seems that the epidemiology does not clearly indicate that it came from germany. the two strains are similar but there are too many mutations between them to say that one originated from the other. the theory that both strains came from wuhan is also likely.
here are the words of a german virologist from twitter

Christian Drosten @c_drosten

"Based on the data, I find it more likely that Munich and Italy have a common source in Wuhan. Munich came from an unsampled source diversity when we first saw it. The Italian clade would have come from that diversity, but has too many additional mutations for direct descent."

that was on march 4th.

I don't blame Germany for the virus coming into Lombardia, if that's indeed how some of it happened, and as the epidemiology certainly indicates it could have happened. Whatever happened it wasn't done deliberately. There was also information coming from the WHO and other authorities which certainly led to a lot of mis-steps by everyone.

The only person on this site who had the outright ignorance, irresponsibility, and complete lack of feeling for his fellow Europeans to blame another country for any of this was Bicicleur in claiming Italy had blood on its hands and was responsible for the destabilization of Europe. Talking about blood on people's hands, what are you going to do to the Austrian ski resorts which were kept open long after there were people dropping like flies of a disease everyone by then knew was highly contagious? Or, are different standards are applied to Northern Europeans?

What China did at the time the virus first surfaced wasn't a mis-step or an error in judgment or a "mistake". It engaged in deliberate, premeditated activity to destroy evidence of it and punished doctors trying to raise awareness. The first cases surfaced in late November/early December. They didn't announce it until the second week of January and were still saying it wasn't going from human to human when the numbers clearly indicated it did.

I guess they don't have blood on their hands, right, Bicicleur?

If some people can't tell the difference between negligence and premeditated, wilful acts which in individuals would constitute a crime, then I don't know what to tell you.

As for the EU, of which Germany is the dominant player, I have been saying for as long as I've been on this Board and for years before that that it was a terrible deal for Southern European countries. All they've ever been wanted for is to serve as markets. The inability of these countries to float their currency has stagnated their economies for years and harmed their manufacturing sectors.

The last straw came during the refugee crisis. European Unity is a JOKE! It was every country for itself; no unified plan, no aid for the countries on the front line.

Now we have the Coronavirus. I, and Italy, are supposed to be grateful for a few measly ventilators after weeks of carnage? They're just catching on that the Chinese have made them look bad. Who came in with tons of supplies, doctors etc? Was it Italy's EU brothers? No, it wasn't. It was the Chinese, for their own reasons, of course, but still they came.

What's the result? Support for the EU has plummeted in Italy. Good; it was about time. They bought all the b.s. propaganda for too long.

My only regret is that out of gratitude Italy and other countries in Southern Europe and the Balkans may turn to China for rebuilding, and all you have to do is look at what has gone on in Africa to know that agreements with China never turn out to the benefit of the non-Chinese countries.

I wouldn't have written this, but unfortunately I can't block the posts of moderators. I'm just going to not let my eye fall on his posts anymore.

I'll tell you another thing, though: I'm not leaving like LeBroc. I tried to keep the peace between them for months. It turns out he was right and I was wrong.

However, if I see b.s. I'll still call it.

come on, don't do it,
many love you here,
where the hell you find company like us the time of coronavirus,

The World will not benefit from it, to the contrary.

the amount of money that is going to be distributed is astronomical, foreign aid will surely be reduced.

the USA raising curve as seen now, the last 5 days, is very vertical
does not look like an arithmetical function a*x
neither as a geometrical one xa
but rather an exponential one ax

maybe tomorow you turn thankfull for that, saving the life of a person you love.
or thankfull, for your country kept her identity, and did not become an empty place waiting for 'barbarians' to come.
etc etc,

But I agree 3 x1012 $ is little bit ...... political anounce before elections ? :unsure:

the USA raising curve as seen now, the last 5 days, is very vertical
does not look like an arithmetical function a*x
neither as a geometrical one xa
but rather an exponential one ax

maybe tomorow you turn thankfull for that, saving the life of a person you love.
or thankfull, for your country kept her identity, and did not become an empty place waiting for 'barbarians' to come.
etc etc,
But I agree 3 x1012 $ is little bit ...... political anounce before elections ? :unsure:

It seems the Right and Left got Married :)

There is some political motivation ...

We're all together to save lives, every life lost is a tragedy, imho that’s where emergency funds should be allocated,

but they also want to save the economy by giving cash to the young and the healthy, companies, ... because money are not targeted correctly, I disagree with that.

The young and healthy should be able to fend for themselves.

they’re sending money to pretty much everybody. and I mean: Everybody!

It seems the Right and Left got Married :)

There is some political motivation ...

We're all together to save lives, every life lost is a tragedy, imho that’s where emergency funds should be allocated,

but they also want to save the economy by giving cash to the young and the healthy, companies, ... because money are not targeted correctly, I disagree with that.

The young and healthy should be able to fend for themselves.

they’re sending money to pretty much everybody. and I mean: Everybody!

that discussion will take days,
from Dracon to Solon, From early patrician Rome to the late Imperial Codexes, from John Locke and David Hume to .... from Adam Smith to Marx etc etc,

But I always wonder why at the wolf pack leader is always the female mother,
and why even her 4 years old children gather around her, twice the size, when is time for big hunt to survive winter,
If mother does not exist, no pack,
if no pack, then no values, if no values, money is just papper,
imagine the mother of the pack wounded and bleading,
what will happens to values? the $$$$ ????? you and I and he etc saved.
that is why I despite Friedman's school, cause the pack protect values/money, that sometimes most values belong to a foreigner to the pack, to another pack
so we can not have a pack if no values <=> but also no values if pack is dead.
and yes each wolf is of his own, free, 10 months, but gather to the pack at January-February to survive.

She guides the pack to feed the newborn, and not the XYZ rich guy with billions $ at Cayman islands, which calls communists the pack.

Capitoline_she-wolf_Musei_Capitolini_MC1181.jpg

This thread has been viewed 690743 times.

Back