VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Ethnic group
    Italian

I thought better of it. One shouldn't feed the t-rolls.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Regular Member Achievements:
    Three Friends25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Level
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 43.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27-FGC35133

Ethnic group
    Portuguese-Brazilian

2 members found this post helpful.
    I'm just sharing a news story, to the knowledge of those who don't know it yet. I do not intend to enter into political debate.

Summary: The Prime Minister of Portugal, Antonio Costa, vehemently repudiated the attitude of the Holland’s Minister of Economy regarding Spain during an EU council meeting. Pedro Sanchez, President of Spain, as well as Italy’s Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte were both present at the meeting when Wopke Hoekstra, Holland’s Minister of Economy who is against the idea of ‘corona bonus’ (like Angela Markell, also), said that Brussels should investigate countries like Spain for not having a budgetary margin to fight the pandemic, despite the fact that the euro has been growing for the last seven years.

At a press conference after the meeting, Costa criticised Hoekstra’s comments as “disgusting, mean-spirited and contrary to the discourse of the European Union”.

He reminded member states that, “if we do not respect each other and do not understand that we are currently facing a common challenge, nobody will understand what the European Union is about, we have to have to be able to respond together.”

Continuing his speechhe he said “that the virus was not created or imported by Spain.”

The council, which meeting all European leaders was focused on reaching a consensus on what measures should be taken within the Union to help member states economically.

Furthermore, the Portuguese Prime Minister considered the EU’s response to the current economic crisis being caused by the coronavirus as “manifestly insufficient.” He insisted on the need to collaborate and issue joint debt through the so-called ‘corona bonus.’

Elite member Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassThree FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Overall activity: 49.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

Ethnic group
    North Sea Germanic

Quote Originally Posted by Duarte View Post
    I'm just sharing a news story, to the knowledge of those who don't know it yet. I do not intend to enter into political debate.

Summary: The Prime Minister of Portugal, Antonio Costa, vehemently repudiated the attitude of the Holland’s Minister of Economy regarding Spain during an EU council meeting. Pedro Sanchez, President of Spain, as well as Italy’s Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte were both present at the meeting when Wopke Hoekstra, Holland’s Minister of Economy who is against the idea of ‘corona bonus’ (like Angela Markell, also), said that Brussels should investigate countries like Spain for not having a budgetary margin to fight the pandemic, despite the fact that the euro has been growing for the last seven years.

At a press conference after the meeting, Costa criticised Hoekstra’s comments as “disgusting, mean-spirited and contrary to the discourse of the European Union”.

He reminded member states that, “if we do not respect each other and do not understand that we are currently facing a common challenge, nobody will understand what the European Union is about, we have to have to be able to respond together.”

Continuing his speechhe he said “that the virus was not created or imported by Spain.”

The council, which meeting all European leaders was focused on reaching a consensus on what measures should be taken within the Union to help member states economically.

Furthermore, the Portuguese Prime Minister considered the EU’s response to the current economic crisis being caused by the coronavirus as “manifestly insufficient.” He insisted on the need to collaborate and issue joint debt through the so-called ‘corona bonus.’
    The news:
    The Dutch government is willing to contribute up to 1 billion euros to a yet-to-be-established European fund aimed at dealing with the coronavirus, Minister Wopke Hoekstra of Finance said. Countries hit hard by Covid-19 and that are not in good financial health can turn to the fund to finance medical aid. "I am thinking roughly of a few hundred million to 1 billion euros," Hoekstra said to NU.nl on Wednesday.

The Finance Minister stressed that this is not a loan, but a gift, and the Netherlands' "substantial contribution to public health in Europe". Countries who call on this fund must clearly need help, Hoekstra said. Figuring out exactly how the control and release of the funds will work, and the conditions attached, is the next step, he said.

Unlike the still contested European Stability Mechanism (ESM), contribution to this fund is not mandatory for EU Member States. The member states are free to decide if and how much they want to contribute. According to Hoekstra, there is "broad enthusiasm" among his European colleagues for this fund.

Hoekstra stressed that the Netherlands is and will remain vehemently against so-called coronabonds, where the funds raised from selling such bond instruments would be used to help all member states overcome economic hurdles during the ongoing health crisis. The money could then be invested in supporting any EU member state, while repayment obligations would be the responsibility of the entire EU. Italy and Spain, both very hard hit by the coronavirus, insist on such bonds, the Netherlands and other countries including Germany, France and Belgium are against it.

The Dutch resistance to coronabonds resulted in fierce criticism from Italy. Especially after Hoekstra said that countries should first pull out all the stops to recover from the economic downturn themselves. This statement prompted indignation, given that the Netherlands has far less public debt than Italy and therefore has much more financial room.

Hoekstra understands the anger from Italy, he said to NU.nl. He previously acknowledged that his statements showed a lack of empathy. "It is now the task to proceed wisely with each other," he said to NU.nl.

Prime Minister Mark Rutte announced the plan for a coronavirus fund during a parliamentary debate on Wednesday. He said he will discuss this plan with European Council president Charles Michel, Italian Prime Minster Giuseppe Conte, and Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez in the near future.

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First Class1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.4%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

1 members found this post helpful.
    I wonder if I will go back to having long hair, like in my teenage years. Now that it is impossible for me to get a hair-cut for the foreseeable future.
    There can be no covenants between men and lions

Three Friends1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Community Award
    Level
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 1,021
    Overall activity: 99.3%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    I wonder if I will go back to having long hair, like in my teenage years. Now that it is impossible for me to get a hair-cut for the foreseeable future.
    My poor hair, what a tragedy!

I’ve been wearing a different hat every time I go out (to protect from Covid-19 too).

... not the one below yet, I’m in very blue State.

It's not good for my health around here, lol

Elite member Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Overall activity: 20.0%

"Fauci says he 'doesn't understand why' the entire US is not under a stay-at-home order. Here's why its absence could make America's coronavirus problem even worse."

I don't understand also. Moreover, I don't understand why this kind of person is not in Canada.

Three Friends1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Community Award
    Level
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 1,021
    Overall activity: 99.3%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

... is getting really bad

We're out of options in the Tri-state area.

We tried ..., I don't know if we made mistakes, but it doesn't matter anymore, it's too late now.

Let's ride the storm with confidence and dignity.

OverdriveVeteranThree Friends25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 940
    Overall activity: 99.1%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a3a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2b

Ethnic group
    Makedonian original

Greece is not on a big boom, (thalassaemia? very high %, maybe highest in Europe and Med sea.)
    yet has high mortality due to age of population.

Some statistics
    Starting date 01/01/2020 to 02/04/2020
    tests done 22437
    positive 1524 6.8%

female 45.6

coloumn 2 infected
    coloumn 3 deths
    coloumn 4 under support

average age of infected is 49 years (0-95)
    average age of dead 71 years old,
    min age of dead is 39 years old.
    max age of dead is 93 years old.

average reason of infection
    1) trip abroad (mainly from Holy lands and tourism, secondary Italy, Turkey, England, Austria students, immigrants) 20.8 %
    2) relation or connection with above, (family, work, etc) 34.9 %
    3) the rest are orphan cases, no possible to detect, 44.3%

PS
    many in Greece believe that have or pass corovirus
    But they had seasonal flue or H2N3 influenza
    the deaths from influenza are still double the ones of Coronavirus here.

and is not only the viruses and 'STAY HOME' yesterday we had snow !!!!! at April month,
    Mother Nature uses even the weather, to warn us.
    ΟΘΕΝ ΑΙΔΩΣ OY EINAI
    ΑΤΗ ΛΑΜΒΑΝΕΙΝ ΑΥΤΟΙΣ
    ΥΒΡΙΣ ΓΕΝΝΑΤΑΙ
    ΝΕΜΕΣΙΣ ΚΑΙ ΤΙΣΗ ΑΚΟΛΟΥΘΟΥΣΙ ΔΕ

When there is no shame
    Divine blindness conquers them
    Hybris (abuse, opprombium) is born
    Nemesis and punishment follows.

Εχε υπομονη Ηρωα
    Η τιμωρια δεν αργει.

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546