Overall activity: 99.2%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by johen View Post
    How come this damn virus is so strong, never getting weaker?
    Better testing, and identification of it. That's why it seems less prevalent in Africa, and so pervasive in New York City.

So why has Africa been spared so far?

Limited testing

A simple explanation, say public health experts, could be that the continent simply hasn't had the ability to detect cases up until now.As of late last week, only two African countries — Senegal and South Africa — had laboratories capable of testing and confirming samples for the virus."We can't tell if we have had cases of the novel coronavirus and are missing them; perhaps these cases have come and we didn't detect them," said Isaac Ngere, a Kenyan-based researcher specializing in the outbreak of diseases.

https://www.dw.com/en/africa-has-been-spared-so-far-from-coronavirus-why/a-52382666
    There can be no covenants between men and lions

Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Ethnic group
    Italian

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    It’s about safeguarding the workplace and the biz in general.
    Some general health, some drug and infectious disease test
    Not all jobs are the same, and depending on the work you do, they might still hire you even if you’re a stoner ������
    Not to drive a subway train. :)

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I would certainly hope so, but apparently with some ventilator models it's not adequate with this virus if they're measuring this incredible viral load in the air.

That's besides the fact that some of these patients are in a panic, and ripping tubes out.

No wonder so many doctors died in China and Italy.

The problem is larger, I think. This may not be a disease ICU doctors have ever seen before,i.e. it isn't really pneumonia.

More and more doctors are starting to think it's more like high altitude sickness than a "normal" interstitial pneumonia.

See the link below...
    https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/928156#vp_2

"Whyte: [From Luciano] Gattinoni. Were you aware of what was going on in Italy before you noticed these observations or did that come after the fact?
    Kyle-Sidell: That came a little bit after. And I wasn't aware. I can't even remember the exact timeline. But in my reading, I came upon decompression, pulmonary sickness, which is essentially the bends—when divers dive and come up too quickly—which seemed to mirror the clinical picture of these patients. And in discussions of other people, it came up that they do appear similar clinically. This is not to say that the pathophysiology underlying it is similar, but clinically they look a lot more like high-altitude sickness than they do pneumonia. Regarding, Gattinoni, he published something on March 20th, which was about 2 days before I opened the ICU. I don't know that I read it then, but somehow it got passed around. In my mind, by the time I read what he was saying, I'd come under the impression that this just wasn't what we were used to seeing. It was a high-compliance disease, which every pulmonologist had. Anyone managing a ventilator can see. That's not a question. So when I read his stuff, where he is suggesting that the management strategy that we use is essentially somewhat flipped, at least in these high-compliant patients, it just became more clear that that if we operate under a paradigm whereby we are treating ARDS in these high-compliant patients, we may not be operating under the right paradigm."

"First, I'll describe what Gattinoni was saying, which is that really what we're seeing in ARDS are two different phenotypes: one in which the lungs display what you call high compliance, low elastance; and one in which they have low compliance and high elastance. To say it simply for people who are not pulmonologists, if you think of the lungs as a balloon, typically when people have ARDS or pneumonia, the balloon gets thicker. So not only do you lack oxygen, but the pressure and the work to blow up the balloon becomes greater. So one's respiratory muscles become tired as they struggle to breathe. And patients need pressure. What Gattinoni is saying is that there are essentially two different phenotypes, one in which the balloon is thicker, which is a low-compliance disease. But in the beginning they display high compliance. Imagine if the balloon is not actually thicker but thinner, so they'd suffer from a lack of oxygen. But it is not that they suffer from too much work to blow up the balloon. As far as how we're going to switch, we're going to take our approach differently from the traditional ARDSnet protocol in that we are going to do an oxygen-first strategy: We're going to leave the oxygen levels as high as possible and we're going to try to use the lowest pressures possible to try to keep the oxygen levels high. That's the approach we're going to do, so long as the patients continue to display the physiology of a low elastance, high-compliance disease."

So, what they've started doing in Italy is using these CPAC hoods, but not ventilating.

Whether it's correct or not only time will tell, I guess.

Maybe we should be halving the orders for ventilators and getting these made too
    Sorry, meant to post a picture of the hoods.

Looks like something from the old sci fi movies.

Regular Member Achievements:
    Three Friends50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Community Award
    Level
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 1,149
    Overall activity: 67.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - BY143483
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

Not to drive a subway train. :)
    Sadly, the subway is probably where most New Yorkers, NJ, CT got the virus at first.

OverdriveVeteranThree Friends25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 829
    Overall activity: 34.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a3a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2b

Ethnic group
    Makedonian original

Mostly in case of pandemia there are 2 kinds of statistics

the ones that are written down, with every detail, the confirmed ones as we say,
    as the ones most countries do now, but usually contain symptomatic ones,
    if remember correct at Greece they have done 22-23 000 tests when confirmed spread was about 1500 positive
    it is rather a statistic more usable to Medicine extracts

and the other are the Gallup tests, random people chosen of the total population
    with these tests surely you can see the true % of the infected per population
    and offcourse you can estimate the asymptomatic ones,
    It is a statistic mainly for political and govermental decisions

the isolation at home in Greece is until 27 April, offcourse it may expand 14-28 days more
    after2 weeks they might start the other statistic, the Gallup
    that depends offcourse by the daily numbers of confirmed,
    Do not know how many tests will be needed,
    but we might speak about the return to half normality in a month.

finally a plan for FREEDOM ​from my beloved wife,
    the bad news is that May is the month of fish reproduction, and fishing is forbiden.
    ΟΘΕΝ ΑΙΔΩΣ OY EINAI
    ΑΤΗ ΛΑΜΒΑΝΕΙΝ ΑΥΤΟΙΣ
    ΥΒΡΙΣ ΓΕΝΝΑΤΑΙ
    ΝΕΜΕΣΙΣ ΚΑΙ ΤΙΣΗ ΑΚΟΛΟΥΘΟΥΣΙ ΔΕ

When there is no shame
    Divine blindness conquers them
    Hybris (abuse, opprombium) is born
    Nemesis and punishment follows.

Εχε υπομονη Ηρωα
    Η τιμωρια δεν αργει.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

"In a German carnival town hard-hit by Covid-19, serology tests suggest that 1 in 7 are now immune."

That's about the same percentage as in the town in Lombardia.

"
    Dr. Angela Rasmussen

This suggests that even in areas with substantial transmission, the majority of people have not been infected and are likely to be susceptible to infection down the road. Easing stay-home orders could result in another wave of infections in the large proportion of naive people."

"
    Although this doesn't support total relaxation of stay-home policies, it does show that widespread virus and serology testing can help quantify risks, and allow us to apply more targeted containment measures. We need to do many more studies like this."

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

Ships are not a good place to be when bad viruses are on the loose. I've been saying since the beginning I think this is airborne to some degree. It's certainly possible it's traveling through air and waste vents.

10% of the crew on the U.S.S. Theodore Roosevelt have tested positive, so 400+ crew.

"OIL PRODUCTION SHIP LEASING COMPANY SBM OFFSHORE SAYS SIGNIFICANT NUMBER OF CREW ON FPSO PLATFORM IN BRAZIL TESTED POSITIVE FOR CORONAVIRUS -STATEMENT SBM OFFSHORE SAYS IT HAS CONTACTED BRAZILIAN AUTHORITIES AND PETROBRAS TO HANDLE SITUATION"

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

Coronavirus simulation shows how infected shopper can cough cloud of deadly droplets across TWO supermarket aisles.

"
    Scientists have put together a shocking video that shows how deadly coronavirus droplets can spread across two supermarket aisles and infect shoppers, with the bug hanging in the air for 'several minutes.Experts from Aalto University in Finland have put together an animation so shoppers can be aware of the dangers of spreading the killer disease.
    'Someone infected by the coronavirus, can cough and walk away, but then leave behind extremely small aerosol particles carrying the coronavirus. These particles could then end up in the respiratory tract of others in the vicinity,' says Aalto University Assistant Professor Ville Vuorinen. "

I took great pleasure in showing this to my husband and son, who have been teasing me mercilessly for the last two weeks for "washing the groceries". :)

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

^^

Sounds like a great idea to me...

The Spectator Index

JAPAN: Government to spend over $2 billion to help its country's firms move production out of China.

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

Fauci lowers U.S. coronavirus death forecast to 60,000, says social distancing is working

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a3a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2b

Ethnic group
    Makedonian original

107 !!!!! years old Dutch female has the record of most aged human agaist Corona

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

Well, that's a double surprise. I thought they were controlling it because it was centered in that religious cult. I'm also surprised such a tech centric country isn't really equipped to telework.

"#breaking Day 3 of Japan's state of emergency. Commuter traffic continues to drop -- but not yet reaching the 70-80% reduction the government says is necessary to prevent an explosion in cases. The problem is gov't data shows 80% of Japan's companies are not equipped to telework."

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

An Italian doctor is flattening the curve by treating patients at home and dosing them with hydroxychloroquine.

"https://time.com/5816874/italy-coron...-share-article

Luigi Cavanna is the head of the oncology ward in the nearby Piacenza hospital. From the second week of March, when the lockdown in Italy began, he realized that too many seriously ill COVID-19 patients were arriving in the emergency room — while most of them could have been treated at home earlier, before their symptoms became too grave."

That’s why he now travels throughout the areas around Piacenza every day, along with several colleagues. Together, his three teams have visited more than 300 people with COVID-19 symptoms. They bring patients medicine and a device that monitors the levels of oxygen in the blood, which they return after they’ve recovered. In more critical cases Cavanna leaves tanks of oxygen and, as with Sartori’s mother, bags of fluid with nutrients for non-oral feeding."

We have to try to stop it before it damages the lungs in a way that is sometimes irreversible.” According to the data he collected during the first month, fewer than 10% of the patients he treated at home worsened to the point where they had to be hospitalized."

Until last week, Cavanna was giving most of his patients both hydroxychloroquine (commonly used for malaria and certain inflammatory disorders like rheumatoid arthritis) and an antiviral that is usually prescribed for HIV. Then AIFA, Italy’s equivalent to the U.S.’s Food and Drug Administration, issued a note advising to be very careful in prescribing them together. So now, except in rare cases, he uses hydroxychloroquine on its own. Although the drug hasn’t been tested for the coronavirus, he says it is the “most effective treatment for now.”"

Now that Italy’s rate of coronavirus cases [/COLOR]has plateaued, medical officials are looking at what worked and what didn’t — and increasingly they are turning to new initiatives such as the one pioneered by Cavanna. Local administrations in other regions and nonprofits like Doctors Without Borders are organizing groups of doctors to provide services at home and in facilities most at risk, such as nursing homes."

There are added benefits as well, imo. The doctors are less at risk because they don't have to do as many intubations, and the patients are getting more viral load from other patients and health care staff while they're at the hospital.

Bravo.
    [/COLOR]

1 year registered10000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Overall activity: 40.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-M269 (LDNA)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a1b

Ethnic group
    Thracian

An Italian doctor is flattening the curve by treating patients at home and dosing them with hydroxychloroquine.

"https://time.com/5816874/italy-coron...-share-article

Luigi Cavanna is the head of the oncology ward in the nearby Piacenza hospital. From the second week of March, when the lockdown in Italy began, he realized that too many seriously ill COVID-19 patients were arriving in the emergency room — while most of them could have been treated at home earlier, before their symptoms became too grave."

That’s why he now travels throughout the areas around Piacenza every day, along with several colleagues. Together, his three teams have visited more than 300 people with COVID-19 symptoms. They bring patients medicine and a device that monitors the levels of oxygen in the blood, which they return after they’ve recovered. In more critical cases Cavanna leaves tanks of oxygen and, as with Sartori’s mother, bags of fluid with nutrients for non-oral feeding."

We have to try to stop it before it damages the lungs in a way that is sometimes irreversible.” According to the data he collected during the first month, fewer than 10% of the patients he treated at home worsened to the point where they had to be hospitalized."

Until last week, Cavanna was giving most of his patients both hydroxychloroquine (commonly used for malaria and certain inflammatory disorders like rheumatoid arthritis) and an antiviral that is usually prescribed for HIV. Then AIFA, Italy’s equivalent to the U.S.’s Food and Drug Administration, issued a note advising to be very careful in prescribing them together. So now, except in rare cases, he uses hydroxychloroquine on its own. Although the drug hasn’t been tested for the coronavirus, he says it is the “most effective treatment for now.”"

Now that Italy’s rate of coronavirus cases [/COLOR]has plateaued, medical officials are looking at what worked and what didn’t — and increasingly they are turning to new initiatives such as the one pioneered by Cavanna. Local administrations in other regions and nonprofits like Doctors Without Borders are organizing groups of doctors to provide services at home and in facilities most at risk, such as nursing homes."

There are added benefits as well, imo. The doctors are less at risk because they don't have to do as many intubations, and the patients are getting more viral load from other patients and health care staff while they're at the hospital.

Bravo.
    [/COLOR]
    That's what I always said, don't go to a hospital unless it's absolutely necessary. I think that the drug hydroxychloroquine controls the out of control immune response that leads to organ failure in some people. I like what this doctor is doing. Maybe other can copy him.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by bigsnake49 View Post
    That's what I always said, don't go to a hospital unless it's absolutely necessary. I think that the drug hydroxychloroquine controls the out of control immune response that leads to organ failure in some people. I like what this doctor is doing. Maybe other can copy him.
    I think the oxygen is essential too, so that's another piece of equipment for which we should be ramping up production. If you just stay at home without it, I think by the time you get to the hospital it's too late.

I hope they copy him not only in Italy but here.

Elite member Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 578
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Iceland finds that half its citizens with coronavirus have shown no symptoms

Big data can come from small places.Iceland’s isolated location and sparse population mean that some vital information about the novel coronavirus is coming out of the island nation — especially considering that it’s already tested 10% of its population, which is more than any other country, according to USA Today.
    And the scariest finding: At any given time, about half of its citizens who have the coronavirus — and don’t know it — are not showing any symptoms. That’s double the CDC’s recent estimate that as many as one in four people with COVID-19 may be asymptomatic.

Granted, the United States hasn’t tested such a high percentage of its population, so it’s not working with as much data. Online statistics site Worldometer crunched the number of coronavirus tests reported by each state — around 2.3 million, by its account, in total — which it equated to about 7,100 tests per 1 million people. By that same scale, it reported Iceland has performed 96,000 tests per million people. (The actual population of Iceland, long a favorite of biotech research because of its relative homogeneity and its centuries’ worth of genealogical records, is 364,134 — roughly the same as that of Tulsa, Okla.)

Elite member Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 578
    Overall activity: 3.0%

2 members found this post helpful.
    visualizing the history of pandemics

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/7-b...-19-resources/

The Carnegie study measured the carbon impact of a number of historical events that involved a large number of deaths.
    Time periods also looked at included the Black Death in Europe, the fall of China's Ming Dynasty and the conquest of the Americas.
    All of these events share a widespread return of forests after a period of massive depopulation

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a3a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2b

Ethnic group
    Makedonian original

COUNTRY Population /1000 Confirmed infected deaths upon confirmed recover Active % Confirmed infected /1000 people Current Mortality of conf. Mortality 3 APR current Recover of conf. Recover 3 APR deaths per 10 000 population

1 NY city USA 8175 94409 5820 0 93,84 11,5485 0,0616 - 0,0000 - 7,1193
    2 San Marino 33 344 34 50 75,58 10,4242 0,0988 0,1224 0,1453 0,0857 10,3030
    3 Andora 76 601 26 71 83,86 7,9079 0,0433 0,0280 0,1181 0,0234 3,4211
    4 Luxenbourg 614 3223 54 500 82,81 5,2492 0,0168 0,0121 0,1551 0,0322 0,8795
    5 Iceland 364 1675 6 741 55,40 4,6016 0,0036 0,0030 0,4424 0,2153 0,1648
    6 Feroe isls 52 184 0 145 21,20 3,5385 0,0000 0,0000 0,7880 0,5084 0,0000
    7 Spain 46733 157053 15970 55668 54,39 3,3606 0,1017 0,0923 0,3545 0,2386 3,4173
    8 Swiss 8570 24551 1001 10600 52,75 2,8648 0,0408 0,0285 0,4318 0,2132 1,1680
    9 Italy 60318 147557 18849 30455 66,59 2,4463 0,1277 0,1207 0,2064 0,1586 3,1249
    10 Belgium 11516 26667 3019 5568 67,80 2,3156 0,1132 0,0659 0,2088 0,1626 2,6216
    11 Liechtenstein 39 79 1 55 29,11 2,0256 0,0127 0,0000 0,6962 0,0000 0,2564
    12 France 67022 124869 13197 24932 69,46 1,8631 0,1057 0,0911 0,1997 0,2103 1,9691
    13 USA 328240 501560 18777 29132 90,45 1,5280 0,0374 0,0247 0,0581 0,0376 0,5721
    14 EU 449507 684261 59286 181034 64,88 1,5222 0,0866 0,0756 0,4027 0,1905 1,3189
    15 Austria 8903 13551 319 6064 52,90 1,5221 0,0235 0,0141 0,4475 0,1562 0,3583
    16 Portugal 10277 15472 435 233 95,68 1,5055 0,0281 0,0231 0,0151 0,0075 0,4233
    17 Deutch 83149 119624 2607 52407 54,01 1,4387 0,0218 0,0131 0,4381 0,2699 0,3135
    18 Netherlands 17425 23097 2511 250 88,05 1,3255 0,1087 0,0911 0,0108 0,0170 1,4410
    19 Norway 5368 6298 113 32 97,70 1,1732 0,0179 0,0096 0,0051 0,0061 0,2105
    20 China Hubei 58500 67803 3213 64142 0,66 1,1590 0,0474 - 0,9460 - 0,5492
    21 UK 67547 73758 8958 135 87,67 1,0920 0,1215 0,0866 0,0018 0,0040 1,3262
    22 Ireland 6573 7054 287 25 95,58 1,0732 0,0407 0,0255 0,0035 0,0013 0,4366
    23 Denmark 5823 5819 247 1773 65,29 0,9993 0,0424 0,0363 0,3047 0,3216 0,4242
    24 Esthonia 1328 1258 24 93 90,70 0,9473 0,0191 0,0128 0,0739 0,0524 0,1807
    25 sweden 10303 9685 870 381 87,08 0,9400 0,0898 0,0553 0,0393 0,0185 0,8444
    26 LA Cal USA 9819 7984 255 0 96,81 0,8131 0,0319 - 0,0000 - 0,2597
    27 Malta 494 350 2 16 94,86 0,7085 0,0057 0,0000 0,0457 0,0102 0,0405
    28 Turkey 82004 47029 1006 2423 92,71 0,5735 0,0214 0,0196 0,0515 0,0229 0,1227
    29 Slovenia 2100 1160 45 137 84,31 0,5524 0,0388 0,0190 0,1181 0,0780 0,2143
    30 Moldova 2682 1438 29 56 94,09 0,5362 0,0202 0,0119 0,0389 0,0455 0,1081
    31 Czech 10650 5674 119 346 91,80 0,5328 0,0210 0,0119 0,0610 0,0184 0,1117
    32 Finland 5521 2769 48 300 87,43 0,5015 0,0173 0,0118 0,1083 0,1858 0,0869
    33 Cyprus 1189 595 10 98 81,85 0,5004 0,0168 0,0281 0,1647 0,0787 0,0841
    34 Serbia 6964 3105 71 0 97,71 0,4459 0,0229 0,0265 0,0000 0,0000 0,1020
    35 Montenegro 631 255 2 4 97,65 0,4041 0,0078 0,0125 0,0157 0,0000 0,0317
    36 Croatia 4076 1495 21 231 83,14 0,3668 0,0140 0,0069 0,1545 0,0178 0,0515
    37 Lithuania 2794 999 22 54 92,39 0,3576 0,0220 0,0129 0,0541 0,0101 0,0787
    38 Severna Mac 2077 711 32 41 89,73 0,3423 0,0450 0,0286 0,0286 0,0443 0,1541
    39 Lettonia 1920 612 3 16 96,90 0,3188 0,0049 0,0000 0,0261 0,0629 0,0156
    40 Romania 19402 5467 270 729 81,73 0,2818 0,0494 0,0424 0,1333 0,0975 0,1392
    41 Bosnia 3511 901 36 129 81,69 0,2566 0,0400 0,0295 0,1432 0,0497 0,1025
    42 Belarus 9492 1981 19 169 90,51 0,2087 0,0096 0,0132 0,0853 0,1743 0,0200
    43 Greece 10768 2011 91 269 82,10 0,1868 0,0453 0,0343 0,1338 0,0395 0,0845
    44 Poland 38386 5955 181 318 91,62 0,1551 0,0304 0,0193 0,0534 0,0190 0,0472
    45 Albania 2877 416 23 182 50,72 0,1446 0,0553 0,0578 0,4375 0,2744 0,0799
    46 Slovakia 5450 715 2 23 96,50 0,1312 0,0028 0,0023 0,0322 0,0117 0,0037
    47 Kossovo 1810 184 5 30 80,98 0,1017 0,0272 0,0079 0,1630 0,0794 0,0276
    48 Hungary 9773 895 58 94 83,02 0,0916 0,0648 0,0417 0,1050 0,0690 0,0593
    49 Bulgaria 7000 635 25 54 87,56 0,0907 0,0394 0,0252 0,0850 0,0629 0,0357
    50 Russia 146745 11917 94 795 92,54 0,0812 0,0079 0,0082 0,0667 0,0677 0,0064
    51 mainland China 1427648 82809 3337 77567 2,30 0,0580 0,0403 0,0403 0,9367 0,9306 -
    52 Ukraine 42031 2203 69 61 94,10 0,0524 0,0313 0,0244 0,0277 0,0202 0,0164

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

Well, this is apparently what happens when you take the just "let her rip" and get herd immunity approach of Sweden, the route a lot of people wanted the U.S. to take: cases compared to nearby Denmark are much, much higher.

Which leads to the health care system being overwhelmed, which leads to this document from an eminent Swedish hospital (published in a Swedish paper).
    "A document from Karolinska hospital in Stockholm (Sweden’s best hospital) reveals that they will no longer give intensive care to patients over 80, those over 70 with 1 underlying health issue, or those over 60 with 2 under-lying health issues.This comes after the Stockholm region being heavily overloaded by coronavirus patients.
    The document is meant to help the doctors making the decision if they should give or stop intensive care treatment for patients."

It's a death sentence for anyone over 70 who gets seriously ill, because most people over 70 will probably have at least one underlying condition. It would cull the over 60s heavily as well. Then, if the health care system was really going to collapse would they go even lower?

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

Great news from Broad Institute at Harvard...this would make actually getting back to work without killing people more feasible, although the logistics are daunting. Where would people go to be tested? Can you imagine the lines? How would they keep track of who has been tested and who hasn't? There are 347M people in the U.S.

" “Given the low cost and scalability of next-generation sequencing, we believe that this method can be affordably scaled to analyze millions of samples per day using existing sequencing infrastructure.”"

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1...04.06.025635v1

Wouldn't it perhaps be easier to just mandate masks for everyone? Mail them for free to people, and then have distribution centers?

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

Some German researchers studying their Carnevale party related hotspot say they doubt that infection can come from fomites, i.e. surfaces.
    https://www.thelocal.de/20200402/how...worst-hit-spot

That leaves airborne transmission, which means masks presumably, perhaps even at home?

However, the following is their only really solid piece of evidence. When was the last time the surfaces were cleaned before they were tested?
    "Streeck added: "We were in a household where many highly infectious people lived, and yet we did not manage to detect a living virus from any surface.":

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

First Spain, now Quebec; God, I wish I had the prosecution of these people!

"When public health officials and police arrived at the Herron, they found no one in the building who was in a position of authority, according to the sources.“More importantly, the place was described as something akin to a concentration camp,” said a source who agreed to be interviewed on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue.
    “There were (two) patients who were dead in their beds,” the source added. “Their deaths had not been recognized. There were patients who had fallen on the floor. There were patients who hadn’t had any basic care for a number of days, diapers that hadn’t been changed for three or four days, excrement that was covering their skin and patients who hadn’t been fed."
    https://montrealgazette.com/news/loc...dence-sources/

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

Given the graph and the acknowledgement that it's such a slow disease, isn't it possible the CFR could be even more than 2%?

The apparent case-fatality rate in South Korea has now increased to 2% with 208 deaths in 10,450 confirmed cases.COVID-19 is often a relatively slow disease. People can take weeks to recover, and some victims take 30 days or longer to die."

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

The unmitigated gall of the Chinese government...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...droidApp_Tweet

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    The unmitigated gall of the Chinese government...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...droidApp_Tweet
    What planet are these people living on? Even foreigners in China believe the party propaganda?

"Several foreign residents stressed, however, that their experiences were not akin to those of Asians in the US and elsewhere, who have been beaten and subjected to racial slurs."

Page 54 of 76 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast