Health New Coronavirus in China

thanks @Duarte :)

... My powerful genes vs Covid-19

I see Apollo Creed vs Ivan Drago (Rocky IV)
... and just like Apollo, I don’t speak Russian :petrified:

03BRdaf.gif

Strange things happen in my countryside.

Let's not forget, however, that the entire Ferrara province has a very troubled millennial history in terms of reclaiming the marshes and consequent anthropization, except for some more prosperous and objectively advanced periods (under the Etruscans, the Romans, the abbots of Pomposa and the last Estensi dukes). In modern times the construction of new canals and the interventions on some ancient Po riverbeds paradoxically worsened the situation making the eastern area of ​​the province one of the most unhealthy areas until a few decades ago. So the absolute total number of inhabitants and the population density are still so scarce that they make it really difficult to spread an infection. The center of Jolanda di Savoia, founded in the early twentieth century and located halfway between Ferrara and the sea, is still called by the old villagers "il Vnezì" (the "Venezie"), so much so were those places immensely desolate and swampy.

http://www.naturalistiferraresi.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Storia-Idrografica-del-Ferrarese.pdf

image.jpg%3Ff%3Ddetail_558%26h%3D720%26w%3D1280%26%24p%24f%24h%24w%3Dd5eb06a

(Ditto for the near Polesine...)

valli_comacchio1.jpg

All this must certainly have involved bottlenecks on the local population and thalassemia is a protective factor where there is malaria, so those who were affected had a greater evolutionary advantage: for its cause many people suffered and died from millennia and centuries, but much more has survived inheriting it as healthy carriers (like two of my grandparents).
Perhaps thalassemia is only one of the contributing factors of this presumed immunity, perhaps it will be necessary to sift the entire Ferrarese genome well. As you have already pointed out I think that the theory of the partial "Greekness" of Ferrara and its surroundings (including also the nearby Polesine, Rovigo but also a little Ravenna), which is also associated with the mutation that leads to Cooley's disease, are an important suspect.
This is an old scan, found on the Web, recovered from Cavalli-Sforza's studies on the genetic variability of the Italians, who identified a component that differentiates the local populations from the rest just behind the Po Delta, due - according to the scholar - to presences Greek, both very ancient (Spina, Adria) and more recent (Byzantine). As it turned out, the Chinese disease may indeed have encountered different human material here.

magna-grecia.jpg

For superstitiousness, I don't add anything else, but it's obvious that - for personal reasons - I'm a bit cheering for this theory: it allows me to sleep more calmly in times of Covid-19...

[h=1][/h]
County in china locks down amid concerns of potential second coronavirus wave

A county in central China has reportedly gone into a mid-sized lockdown amid fears of a second coronavirus wave as Beijing is trying to emerge from the deadly outbreak and revive its economy.
Roughly 600,000 residents near the city of Pingdingshan in Jia County were told to stay home as curfew measures went into effect Tuesday. The county is located in the Henan province, some 500 miles south of Beijing and just north of the Hubei province where the pandemic originated in December 2019.
A notice on the county microblog account said special permits are needed to leave home and residents must have their temperature taken and are required to wear face masks, the South China Morning Post reported.
In addition, only people with special permits can travel to work and cars are allowed to be driven on alternate days, defined by the license plate number.
“It’s better not to come to Jia county now,” an unnamed official with the county’s transport office told the newspaper. “Nobody can enter or leave.”

you'd expect this only in China ..

and now the masks war,

[video=youtube;fgqBYid3vb4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=42&v=fgqBYid3vb4&feature=emb_l ogo[/video]

Neurologists say a small subset of patients w/ Covid-19 develop serious impairments of the brain. “This may indicate the virus can invade the brain directly in rare circumstances.”
The patients experience strokes, seizures, and, in one case, encephalitis.
Some Chinese doctors have reported this as well.
Do other coronavirus viruses cause this?

A small piece of good news: open source plans for easier and cheaper to make ventilators.

An hour ago, a team of 40+ medical experts & engineers from Israel released the #opensource blueprints for
@AmboVent
- a low-cost, medically tested #COVIDー19 ventilator device, made from off-the-shelf components, to answer worldwide #Coronavirus shortages

there is no regular market any more, it's an auction
and then, Trump claims he'll help Italy and France with ventilators et al ..

the most amazing is that
Honeywell admit a part of their masks are made in China,
but 3M, does not, their big factory in Sangai produce only for China !!!!! only for Chinese exportations

:LOL: :LOL:

we are living the madness,

:wtf: :14: :81:

Notice, there is no Made in, at 3M N95 <=> KN95 masks, neither at masks, neither at package

RTS34V4P.jpg

the most amazing is that
Honeywell admit a part of their masks are made in China,
but 3M, does not, their big factory in Sangai produce only for China !!!!!
:LOL:

we are living the madness,

:wtf: :14: :81:

where ever they are produced, todays demand is more than a 10-fold of normal
production capacity is not enough today, be it domestic or Chinese

where ever they are produced, todays demand is more than a 10-fold of normal
production capacity is not enough today, be it domestic or Chinese

chinese export

2 days ago we received 1.7 million masks at Greece,

photo-2020-03-30-10-44-54-thumb-large.jpg

Wasn't worth the 52 deaths, though. Also, made in China.

yup,
but I am not speaking about curse or bless China.
I am speaking the madness we live,

... It has become a battle for the survival of Humanity ... good luck to all of us.

Last edited:
How to survive a pandemic.

chinese export

2 days ago we received 1.7 million masks at Greece,

photo-2020-03-30-10-44-54-thumb-large.jpg

Yeah, well, good luck to us all with that, indeed, given so many of the masks (and kits) delivered to the Dutch were defective.

That's been the whole problem with the masks from the beginning. They were made in China no matter the company. That was part of the conflict the U.S. had with the Chinese in the beginning. China stopped the export of masks to us even if they were made in a factory built by the U.S.

It's all water under the bridge. If our economy survives, it's a lesson for the future.

I hope these were made elsewhere...

Italian hospital shows what it takes for healthcare workers not to get infected; unfortunately, there aren't enough of this kind of advanced PPE for all the hospitals.

Yeah, well, good luck to us all with that, indeed, given so many of the masks (and kits) delivered to the Dutch were defective.

That's been the whole problem with the masks from the beginning. They were made in China no matter the company. That was part of the conflict the U.S. had with the Chinese in the beginning. China stopped the export of masks to us even if they were made in a factory built by the U.S.

It's all water under the bridge. If our economy survives, it's a lesson for the future.

Angela, USA bought 5 million masks FFP2 that was for France, offering double price, from China,
and no they did not stop to USA, they go via Mexico, or others,

It is as member Salento said, 2-3 posts before,

Coronavirus, ram it down, Unions, federations, Alliances, even working conditions,

Turkey block masks made in Turkey ordered by Italy
Italy blocks made in Italy order by Greece,
and now USA pays double money to China to buy the masks, madein China, order by France,
In China they a doctor that spoke about Coronavirus to police to force him sign fake news,
in USA they are firing meds and Nurses that complain about lack of safety,
at Spain they found that elder nursing hospitals, had become massive tombs
at Italy anaesthiologists are force to play God,

Absolute madness,

Angela, you just bought 5 million masks FFP2 that was for France, offering double price, from China,
and no they did not stop to USA, they go via Mexico, or others,

It is as member Salento said, 2-3 posts before,

Coronavirus rum it down Unions, federations, Alliances, even working conditions,

I know, I read them. I'm talking about something that happened two weeks ago or more.

This increase in pricing is happening with everything: bleach, cleaning products etc.

When I bought some masks almost two months ago I paid just over a dollar. Within two weeks it went to 7 dollars. It's called supply and demand.

Or call it bartering, which has been going on for a hell of a lot longer than capitalism.

If France hadn't yet signed a contract, they have no recourse. If they did, they can sue China, for all the good that will do them given it's China and the times we're living in. They have no course of action against the U.S.

It's called every country for itself.The U.S. and France are not in any union, after all.

Oh, and in China whistle blowers lately haven't been fired; they disappear.

Fwiw, I agree with you: it's absolute madness.

This thread has been viewed 692687 times.

Back