Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 247
    Overall activity: 56.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-M269 (LDNA)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a1b

Ethnic group
    Thracian

Roche's antibody test is now available in the US and in other countries accepting the CE registration.

"Roche’s SARS-CoV2 antibody test, which has a specificity greater than 99.8% and 100% sensitivity3(14 Days post-PCR confirmation), can help assess patients’ immune response to the virus. As more is understood about immunity to SARS-CoV-2, the test may help to assess who has built up immunity to the virus."
    https://www.roche.com/media/releases/med-cor-2020-05-03.htm

Elite member Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 387
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Ethnic group
    Lithuanian

Quote Originally Posted by firetown View Post
    I'm interested in more information about that. Do you have a link to a study?
    It is a general warning that one gets in Lithuania "air your room well very hour", along with typical
    "wash you hands as often as you can",
    "wear a mask" and
    "stay at home if you feel any symptoms..."
    etc.

I think airing was included among general recommendations for the public rather recently, it is on the list of what to do for European Centre for Decease and Control guidance. For instance, in case of public transport they include such guidance:
    "Ensure proper ventilation in the vehicle/wagon/boat at all times. Avoid recirculating air and encourage the use of windows, skylight panels and fans to increase replacement with fresh air. Such measures should be adapted based on local conditions, needs and type of vehicles and other equipment in use"

I don't know exactly which research they base their recommendations on (especially that it has to be aired every hour).

Overall, there are so many research papers published now, it is difficult to follow. Besides, most of the papers are not peer reviewed and some - for the sake of better publicity - create rather alarmist titles, which all weights on people. But inasmuch as a recommendation reaches "to do list" it should be reliable, shouldn't it? In any case, airing your room is good for you, whereas cleaning your hands with sanitiser should be done with a caution not to damage the skin.

Regular Member Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranThree Friends25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 925
    Overall activity: 24.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a3a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2b

Ethnic group
    Makedonian original

I am repeating my shelf,

from 2005 it was known that sewage network system, is an enviroment where SARS-1 coronavirus can exist
    today much research is done on how to estimate infection of population of SARS-Covid-2, including asymptomatics,
    the second phase (coming winter) infection might be estimated via wastewater search of virus concentration,

So since it can be detected in urine, it is possible that someone can be infeccted such way,
    so avoid public toilets, in case you suspect that hygiene level is low,
    and corners where people do open 'their need'

Personally I believe that Covid-19 is a 'product (evolution)' of 'gutter oil' first material gathering,
    and not a bat or pangoline virus,
    and I am not the only one,
    ΟΘΕΝ ΑΙΔΩΣ OY EINAI
    ΑΤΗ ΛΑΜΒΑΝΕΙΝ ΑΥΤΟΙΣ
    ΥΒΡΙΣ ΓΕΝΝΑΤΑΙ
    ΝΕΜΕΣΙΣ ΚΑΙ ΤΙΣΗ ΑΚΟΛΟΥΘΟΥΣΙ ΔΕ

When there is no shame
    Divine blindness conquers them
    Hybris (abuse, opprombium) is born
    Nemesis and punishment follows.

Εχε υπομονη Ηρωα
    Η τιμωρια δεν αργει.

Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 552
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Quote Originally Posted by Duarte View Post
    Yes. Is the first line of the alert: ‘Hidrate-se muito bem!’ means ‘Hydrate yourself very well!’

Cheers.

PS: In the second line it says to avoid bathing with very hot water, because it dry out the skin even more and, if necessary, you must use a body moisturizer.

The last line says: Get medical attention in case of breathing problems.
    Thank you. I was wondering about HOT liquids in particular. Have you ever heard advice given locally to drink plenty of hot fluids?

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dagne View Post
    It is a general warning that one gets in Lithuania "air your room well very hour", along with typical
    "wash you hands as often as you can",
    "wear a mask" and
    "stay at home if you feel any symptoms..."
    etc.

I think airing was included among general recommendations for the public rather recently, it is on the list of what to do for European Centre for Decease and Control guidance. For instance, in case of public transport they include such guidance:
    "Ensure proper ventilation in the vehicle/wagon/boat at all times. Avoid recirculating air and encourage the use of windows, skylight panels and fans to increase replacement with fresh air. Such measures should be adapted based on local conditions, needs and type of vehicles and other equipment in use"

I don't know exactly which research they base their recommendations on (especially that it has to be aired every hour).

Overall, there are so many research papers published now, it is difficult to follow. Besides, most of the papers are not peer reviewed and some - for the sake of better publicity - create rather alarmist titles, which all weights on people. But inasmuch as a recommendation reaches "to do list" it should be reliable, shouldn't it? In any case, airing your room is good for you, whereas cleaning your hands with sanitiser should be done with a caution not to damage the skin.
    Got it. I remember when first the notion of temperature playing a role (as viruses are usually seasonal), there was a public statement made by WHO that heat and the virus have no relation. That is why I was wondering whether it was official advice vs. based on studies available.

Three Friends25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Level
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 409
    Overall activity: 89.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27-FGC35133

Ethnic group
    Portuguese-Brazilian

Thank you. I was wondering about HOT liquids in particular. Have you ever heard advice given locally to drink plenty of hot fluids?
    Hi firetown.
    I have no news of local medical authorities indicating the use of hot fluids. But in my city it is a tradition to drink hot broths and soups at this time of year, as well as warm your feet near the flame of a wood stove (in the case of the wood stove, only in the interior cities). Drinking hot soups and broths is part of the local tradition in this season of year and is not part of the medical recommendations of local authorities. But, as they say here when a person has the flu: “Caution and chicken soup do no harm to anyone”.

Cheers ;)

Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Ethnic group
    Italian

I thought that by now the recommendations issued by policy makers as informed by advice from public health officials would be logical and consistent.

Despite all the evidence, people, no matter their position, seem to be incapable of logical reasoning.

It now seems pretty clear that so long as you maintain a reasonable distance, being outside is not all that dangerous, but some officials are going mental over people going for a walk in the park or sitting on a beach. Granted, young people are morons. If you're in a huddle lighting each other's joints and someone sneezes, or drinking from the same bottle, what then? However, I would think most people whose brains have matured would maintain that distance. Plus, if you keep people cooped up in an apartment in the summer, they'll go mental as well.

Each state has its own rules. Wasn't it Nevada (i.e.Vegas) which said the hairdresser was an essential business? Meanwhile, my doctors are having video visits with me because they're afraid to be with their patients, or at least to have patients in a crowded waiting room.

Then there's the whole debate over Sweden's lack of lock down. Sure, they have fewer cases, but their case load grew much faster than most northern tier countries, and they have 10x the deaths, and their old age homes are just as much scenes of carnage as the rest of the world's. That's the price they're willing to pay. That should be made clear in any analysis. In addition, to compare Stockholm to some American city like Nashville, as I saw done, is, imo, ridiculous. From what I can see the Swedish "recommendations" aren't that different from what in the U.S. is supposedly a "mandatory" lock down. Now, there's conflicting info on whether the Swedes are indeed staying away from restaurants, pubs, etc. "If" they are staying away, put that down to northern European's relationship to rules or even "advice" from authorities.

If you're talking about the U.S., in states where you have the kinds of low numbers that are present in Sweden, there's a whole lot more "socializing" going on than there is in New York, and even in New York, there are people who just don't follow the rules completely. Young people congregate with their friends in someone's house, and some businessmen in "non-essential" commerce think they're invincible and can't keep away from their offices. Or, like Niall Ferguson in Britain, they just have to have a lover come over occasionally. People will be people. A friend of mine's husband was in England and got trapped there. He says that in parts of London you'd never know there was a "lock down".

Even in the Metro area, where everyone is more serious about it, the authorities are not going to tackle grandmoms in the street and take them to prison for not wearing a mask. Nor are they going to raid people's houses and forcibly remove positive people and haul them off to barracks for 14 days of isolation. This isn't Communist China.

Now, this morning I was hearing about the U.S. getting back to "normal", easing out of lock down, and that this could be done just by telling "vulnerable" people to still "cocoon". Believe me, I can't wait. This is playing havoc with numerous aspects of my and my husband's life. However, are the policy makers aware, did they even ask, what percentage of the population that would be?

Well, someone figured it out. If you add all the people over 65, plus everybody under 65 who is obese, has diabetes, has hypertension, is immunosuppressed, has bad asthma or any kind of breathing disorder, kidney or liver disease, is on dialysis, or has any other health condition, that's 1/3 of the population. If they don't go out, don't work, don't go to restaurants and malls, what kind of upsurge in the economy could we possibly see?

Surely that isn't enough.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Level

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duarte View Post
    “Caution and chicken soup do no harm to anyone”.
    Hi Duarte. :)
    I like it. When in doubt, that's more or less what I do. Drink something hot, take a hot shower and hope I wake up better. Oh... and what I also do is put away my cigarettes until I get better.
    Now I'm reading that nicotine may actually have preventive and therapeutic functions against C-19.
    A nicotinic hypothesis for Covid-19 with preventive and therapeutic implications
    One should not forget that nicotine is a drug of abuse (53) responsible for smoking addiction. Smoking has severe pathological consequences and remains a serious danger for health. Yet under controlled settings, Nicotinic agents could provide an efficient treatment for an acute infection such as Covid-19.
    This is why I feel like I'm in a B-movie or a reality show that isn't getting picked up.

Level

Ethnic group
    Lithuanian

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    However, are the policy makers aware, did they even ask, what percentage of the population that would be?

Well, someone figured it out. If you add all the people over 65, plus everybody under 65 who is obese, has diabetes, has hypertension, is immunosuppressed, has bad asthma or any kind of breathing disorder, kidney or liver disease, is on dialysis, or has any other health condition, that's 1/3 of the population. If they don't go out, don't work, don't go to restaurants and malls, what kind of upsurge in the economy could we possibly see?

Surely that isn't enough.
    I think it should be about half of the population because people with body mass index above 30 top 40% in the USA, in addition there must be people with some health issues and those above 65 (which have normal weight).

Besides, I think it is really bad for vulnerable or elderly people being locked away at home. Those with cardiovascular problems must do some exercise, otherwise their condition will worsen dramatically. After sitting at home for about 40 days, my aunt started having shortness of breath just because of walking through the room and being exited. Now, every single morning, she goes for a walk in the park, and it made her feel much better, though it was very difficult to start moving again. So when someone says, if you are old/sick stay at home - it is for your own good - it is very unfair to them.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a3a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2b

Ethnic group
    Makedonian original

Most of the world is drinking something against Coronavirus

It can be Humorous, but also tragedy on what humans believe
    that can cure them,

https://www.poynter.org/fact-checkin...void-covid-19/

https://en.radiofarda.com/a/drink-ca.../30565663.html

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...he-quack-cures

well Betadine gargles I am not sure if they can cure Coronavirus,
    but at least they they provide mouth Hygiene,

but from camel and cow urine drinking to whatever human mind can imagine, ......

I don't know if i must or

Level
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 578
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Coronavirus Hijacks the Body From Head to Toe, Perplexing Doctors

"More than a respiratory infection, Covid-19 wreaks havoc not just on lungs, but also the brain, kidneys, heart, vascular and digestive systems, and feet. Inflammation and abnormal blood clotting are likely culprits." by WSJ

Except Trump

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Yetos View Post

that can cure them,

but from camel and cow urine drinking to whatever human mind can imagine, ......

Well, think of it this way: if you gargle some of your favorite cocktails before swallowing, I doubt it's harmful, it tastes good, and you get a little "buzzed". :)

I'm partial to Cuban cocktails made with rum. What I'd give to be sitting on a beach with a Mojito (my favorite) or a frozen Strawberry Daiquiri or a Pina Colada right now.

It's still cold at night, especially as I'm keeping the windows ajar even more than usual, so maybe a hot shower every night followed by a hot toddy.

¾ cup boiling water
    1 ½ ounces whiskey
    2 to 3 teaspoons honey, to taste
    2 to 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, to taste
    1 lemon round
    1 cinnamon stick (optional, for garnish)

I prefer Bourbon whiskey for its slight hint of vanilla.

You'll thank me later. :)

Don't know why I haven't been doing this every night. I'll just cut out the glass of wine with my dinner.

For the daytime I've made quarts of chicken broth, in which I put rice or tortellini, and I'm drinking green tea, chamomile tea, and other herbal teas all day.

That's on top of all the disinfecting.

Well, it keeps me moving, that and playing with my dog in the yard.

Yetos, you're right about the public toilets. I rarely ever used them even before this, but now they should be reserved for situations where you're about to embarrass yourself in public. I've gone back to telling my son to go to the bathroom before he leaves for work. You know, like when they're little, and you're about to go on a car trip. He rolls his eyes and says, Jesus, mom, stop, but he does it. :) I'm also waiting at the door with the hand sanitizer when he comes in to head down to the downstairs apartment.

I can't help it. He's going to be my son even when he gets to be middle aged or old, if I'm still around, God willing. Plus, of course, I call my daughter countless times to remind her of what she should be doing. All things considered they're being remarkably patient with me. :)

1 year registered10000 Experience Points

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-M269 (LDNA)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a1b

Ethnic group
    Thracian

I can't help it. He's going to be my son even when he gets to be middle aged or old, if I'm still around, God willing. Plus, of course, I call my daughter countless times to remind her of what she should be doing. All things considered they're being remarkably patient with me. :)
    Angela, it's all about their inheritance .

Level

that can cure them,

QUick question: Why wouldn't strong alcohol be beneficial?

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by bigsnake49 View Post
    Angela, it's all about their inheritance .
    That they occasionally do what I say, or that they don't get all pissed off?

My friends often tell me it would be the end of their relationship with their children if they gave advice or opinions of any kind to their grown or even semi-grown children. If that were the case with mine, I'd barely have anything to say to them! Well, slightly hyperbolic, but....

It's clearly in good part my genes, added to how I was raised, which makes me act this way. I'll never be the mother my mother was, but I try.

1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    (Brother) R-M269
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2b4

Ethnic group
    Celto-germanic

Coronavirus: Can you be infected twice? WHO study gives answer

There have been numerous cases of people still testing positive for coronavirus after they had seemingly recovered. In South Korea, there are more than 100 incidents of people testing negative for coronavirus disease (COVID-19), having previously tested positive, before being positive several weeks later. This has led to fears people can be re-infected by the virus.
    However, experts at the World Health Organization (WHO) believe it is unlikely people can be re-infected so soon after having the disease, but the long term data of re-infections is not available for obvious reasons.
    A spokesperson for the WHO told AFP: "We are aware that some patients test positive after they clinically recover.
    "From what we currently know – and this is based on very recent data – it seems they these patients are expelling left over materials from their lungs, as part of the recovery phase.

"We need systematic collection of samples from recovered patients to better understand how long they shed live virus.

"We also need to understand if this means they can pass the virus to other people – having live virus does not necessarily mean it can be passed to another person."
    In an interview with the BBC, Maria Van Kerhove, part of the WHO's Health Emergencies Program, explained how the "dead cell" scenario could work.
    She said: "As the lungs heal, there are parts of the lung that are dead cells that are coming up.
    "These are fragments of the lungs that are actually testing positive. It is not infectious virus, it's not reactivation. It is actually part of the healing process."
    "Does that mean they have immunity? Does that mean they have a strong protection against reinfection? We don't know the answer to that yet."

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a3a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2b

Ethnic group
    Makedonian original

QUick question: Why wouldn't strong alcohol be beneficial?
    My post had intense to show what peoples mind may think, or even use for 'protection',
    some may look funny, some discusting, some even stupid,
    not to provide safe way to 'protect' to from coronavirus,

anyway 'spirit' (pure above 80% alcohol), may be hazardous, even blind you,

in my country we use the grada method,
    when distiling alcohol
    12-14 is about water with very little alcohol
    16 is soft drinking alcohol
    18 is consider the max that someone can drink with safety, it is flamable
    above 18 is spirit, main for pharmaceutical use, or fire, etc
    18-21 is max %alcohol that can be found 'spirit' σπιρτο with water and low toxine concentration,
    21-24 is considered toxic having many other chemicals

now,
    if someone wants to try to gargle with 80% alcohole + 5% peroxide
    or with 65% isopropanole +20% peroxide
    which I read are the minimum to kill virus, Well, at least do it away from open flames, stay away from any kind of fire, and DON'T DRIVE for next 3 hours,
    hm, If I use heavy water? maybe even better results?

Offcourse to continue humor,
    you can use soap to 'clean' your throat, lang etc etc,
    wash your throat with drinkable soap, gargle, and then drink it,
    use 4 bags of polyethelenoglycole (Fortrans) on 2 litter of water, gargle till bublles reach your nose, you may even drink it,
    it will soap-wash all your system . it can be effective, as washing your hands with soap,

I hope not anybody now, mention permanganate di pottasium, or Chlorines etc

my personal believe is that there is always some protection using simple nature specialized materials,
    but all these can also be hazardous, or make things worse,
    for example I read about high ferritine in blood and coronavirus act,
    usage of phyllic acid with higly ferrus pharmaceutical or natural 'food' is not suggested against coronavirus,
    if you have symptoms, the lower the ferritine the better,

So if camel or cow urine, or a soup, or votka or whatever people believe, in their despaired effort to stay healthy (including me), has trully drastical results, or it is just a 'demonization'
    I think it reaches the limits of commedy and tragedy,
    Just think after 20 years a movie about this pandemia, and how people act, what image and sentiments will provide to our kids, or grand children.

-Granpa, did you drink horse urine to be protected from covid-19?
    -No junior, I used to put a UV lamp in my throat every night.

peoples despair, demonize 'medicines',
    thank gods we do not look the skies for the flying witch riding the broom at 2020, to burn her.
    Don't you think so?

Btw
    lets hope that SARS-Covid-2, does not leave a new generation of 'alcoholics' or 'anti-scepto-holics' behind it
    Last edited by Yetos; 08-05-20 at 09:06.

Level

Brazil had a late start. Our winter, their summer.

Number of cases (blue) and number of deaths (red) on a logarithmic scale.

Huge spikes in the past few days.
    Note: If the graph was numerically proportional, the severity of the increase would be more visible.

Level

Ethnic group
    Lithuanian

My post had intense to show what peoples mind may think, or even use for 'protection',
    some may look funny, some discusting, some even stupid,
    not to provide safe way to 'protect' to from coronavirus,

anyway 'spirit' (pure above 80% alcohol), may be hazardous, even blind you,

in my country we use the grada method,
    when distiling alcohol
    12-14 is about water with very little alcohol
    16 is soft drinking alcohol
    18 is consider the max that someone can drink with safety, it is flamable
    above 18 is spirit, main for pharmaceutical use, or fire, etc
    18-21 is max %alcohol that can be found 'spirit' σπιρτο with water and low toxine concentration,
    21-24 is considered toxic having many other chemicals

now,
    if someone wants to try to gargle with 80% alcohole + 5% peroxide
    or with 65% isopropanole +20% peroxide
    which I read are the minimum to kill virus, Well, at least do it away from open flames, stay away from any kind of fire, and DON'T DRIVE for next 3 hours,
    hm, If I use heavy water? maybe even better results?

Offcourse to continue humor,
    you can use soap to 'clean' your throat, lang etc etc,
    wash your throat with drinkable soap, gargle, and then drink it,
    use 4 bags of polyethelenoglycole (Fortrans) on 2 litter of water, gargle till bublles reach your nose, you may even drink it,
    it will soap-wash all your system . it can be effective, as washing your hands with soap,

I hope not anybody now, mention permanganate di pottasium, or Chlorines etc

my personal believe is that there is always some protection using simple nature specialized materials,
    but all these can also be hazardous, or make things worse,
    for example I read about high ferritine in blood and coronavirus act,
    usage of phyllic acid with higly ferrus pharmaceutical or natural 'food' is not suggested against coronavirus,
    if you have symptoms, the lower the ferritine the better,

So if camel or cow urine, or a soup, or votka or whatever people believe, in their despaired effort to stay healthy (including me), has trully drastical results, or it is just a 'demonization'
    I think it reaches the limits of commedy and tragedy,
    Just think after 20 years a movie about this pandemia, and how people act, what image and sentiments will provide to our kids, or grand children.

-Granpa, did you drink horse urine to be protected from covid-19?
    -No junior, I used to put a UV lamp in my throat every night.

peoples despair, demonize 'medicines',
    thank gods we do not look the skies for the flying witch riding the broom at 2020, to burn her.
    Don't you think so?

Btw
    lets hope that SARS-Covid-2, does not leave a new generation of 'alcoholics' or 'anti-scepto-holics' behind it
    ;))))))))) I really liked that :)))))))

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dagne View Post
    ;))))))))) I really liked that :)))))))
    So did I. Other than drinking and smoking more, what else can I do to protect myself? ;)

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

How on earth could Sweden's Chief Epidemiologist say this? They had all those weeks of looking at the carnage in Italy, etc. and they thought it wouldn't be as lethal in Sweden?

"The head of Sweden's no-lockdown coronavirus plan said the country's heavy death toll 'came as a surprise.

“We never really calculated with a high death toll initially, I must say,” he said.
    “We calculated on more people being sick, but the death toll really came as a surprise to us.”

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/c...urprise-2020-5

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-M269 (LDNA)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a1b

Ethnic group
    Thracian

How on earth could Sweden's Chief Epidemiologist say this? They had all those weeks of looking at the carnage in Italy, etc. and they thought it wouldn't be as lethal in Sweden?

"The head of Sweden's no-lockdown coronavirus plan said the country's heavy death toll 'came as a surprise.

“We never really calculated with a high death toll initially, I must say,” he said.
    “We calculated on more people being sick, but the death toll really came as a surprise to us.”

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/c...urprise-2020-5
    I think they were surprised by the heavy toll in assisted living homes. Those deaths are almost half of the death total.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by bigsnake49 View Post
    I think they were surprised by the heavy toll in assisted living homes. Those deaths are almost half of the death total.
    Yes, I know, but isn't that true in a lot of countries?

If you look at the other half, isn't that still more than the half of cases in other "Nordic" cases which "imposed" a lock down?

In terms of the homes for the elderly and sick they closed access to visitors and thought that would do it. They were wrong. We see from studies done elsewhere that it is spread by staff either bringing it in from outside or because of spread occurring from the first infected patient to others because of insufficient sanitary practices and lack of PPE.

It just looks like arrogance to me.

I also know that Great Britain tried to go this route and look what happened to them. I think they now have the highest death count in Europe, or close to it.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

For a little lightening of mood...Italian in training complaining about the virus and lock down. :)

https://twitter.com/DavidDPaxton/sta...393275904?s=20

This is why the nuns told me they were going to tie my hands behind my back if I didn't stop waving them around when I was talking. What could I do: Irish nuns. It didn't completely work. All my friends know that if I start getting animated, or particularly if I get angry in a discussion they have to remove all glasses around me. :)

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-M269 (LDNA)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a1b

Ethnic group
    Thracian

Yes, I know, but isn't that true in a lot of countries?

If you look at the other half, isn't that still more than the half of cases in other "Nordic" cases which "imposed" a lock down?

In terms of the homes for the elderly and sick they closed access to visitors and thought that would do it. They were wrong. We see from studies done elsewhere that it is spread by staff either bringing it in from outside or because of spread occurring from the first infected patient to others because of insufficient sanitary practices and lack of PPE.

It just looks like arrogance to me.

I also know that Great Britain tried to go this route and look what happened to them. I think they now have the highest death count in Europe, or close to it.
    The safest thing for old people's homes in a pandemic like this is to have the staff live in for the duration of the lockdown. I think there were some in the US that did that.

Page 67 of 76 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast