Overall activity: 6.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1 (M253)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Ethnic group
    European Mix

Enjoy these stream of conscious, unrelated musings:

**Could someone please link the video where the comedian George Carlin talks about germs? Such a genius, it's like he saw the whole thing coming.

**WHO suggesting virus will have to be managed and that vaccine may never come through... I said something similar earlier on this thread (although not an exact match). What if Corona virus doesn't ever full leave the body and therefore a vaccine would be pointless? Think herpes but for the lungs.

**I've been thinking, this virus will change the way we construct buildings going forward. I see more functional windows in our future, windows that are able to open to receive fresh air instead of current emphasis on forced air systems. Future building exteriors will jut in and out to allow for more surface area. There will be massive retrofits to re-introduce simple old-school windows on the sleek skyscrapers that crowd our cities. New commercial construction may even incorporate "fresh air tunnels" into larger projects.

Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by nordicwarrior View Post

**Could someone please link the video where the comedian George Carlin talks about germs? Such a genius, it's like he saw the whole thing coming.

**WHO suggesting virus will have to be managed and that vaccine may never come through... I said something similar earlier on this thread (although not an exact match). What if Corona virus doesn't ever full leave the body and therefore a vaccine would be pointless? Think herpes but for the lungs.

**I've been thinking, this virus will change the way we construct buildings going forward. I see more functional windows in our future, windows that are able to open to receive fresh air instead of current emphasis on forced air systems. Future building exteriors will jut in and out to allow for more surface area. There will be massive retrofits to re-introduce simple old-school windows on the sleek skyscrapers that crowd our cities. New commercial construction may even incorporate "fresh air tunnels" into larger projects.
    I've been wondering if education will permanently change. As things stand now a four year college degree for one child is enough to bankrupt you, and in my opinion it's mostly just a status symbol anyway, as important for the socializing and contacts made as for learning. For a lot of students the whole first semester if not the first whole year is a waste, and as a parent, especially if your child takes a lot of liberal arts courses, they just come out brainwashed in terms of politics unless you've really spent a lot of time talking to them, and on top of that they're not trained for an actual job. Plus, as a lot of studies have shown, modern cultures so infantalize their children that they totally get lost that first year. Seventeen-nineteen are also prime years for mental health disorders to show up.

Far better for a lot of teenagers to learn a trade, as they do in Europe, and as for academic subjects, why not learn it from a lecture on the laptop. Maybe they'd concentrate more and actually learn something.

So, it wouldn't make me sad at all to see brick and mortar universities, with their totally out of line costs, become less important.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Overall activity: 33.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-M269 (LDNA)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a1b

Ethnic group
    Thracian

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I've been wondering if education will permanently change. As things stand now a four year college degree for one child is enough to bankrupt you, and in my opinion it's mostly just a status symbol anyway, as important for the socializing and contacts made as for learning. For a lot of students the whole first semester if not the first whole year is a waste, and as a parent, especially if your child takes a lot of liberal arts courses, they just come out brainwashed in terms of politics unless you've really spent a lot of time talking to them, and on top of that they're not trained for an actual job. Plus, as a lot of studies have shown, modern cultures so infantalize their children that they totally get lost that first year. Seventeen-nineteen are also prime years for mental health disorders to show up.

Far better for a lot of teenagers to learn a trade, as they do in Europe, and as for academic subjects, why not learn it from a lecture on the laptop. Maybe they'd concentrate more and actually learn something.

So, it wouldn't make me sad at all to see brick and mortar universities, with their totally out of line costs, become less important.
    I'm totally in agreement with the costs of education being totally out of whack with the rest of society. It will accelerate the already large gap between the 1% and the rest of society. I have long complained that there are a lot of courses in both undergraduate and professional education that are completely unnecessary in this era of specialization. They were necessary when an engineer or a lawyer or a doctor used to be a do it all but are unnecessary now. Particularly medical education in the US takes way too many years to produce even a GP (9 years). Most other countries you can go through in 6 years and there are very few schools in the US that offer a 6 year program. To produce a lawyer it takes 7 years in the US and it takes 3-4 in other countries. Again there are instances in the US where you can get your law degree in 5-6 years but those are very few and in between. I think there is an education industry in this country that safeguards their territory and wants you in their hold as long as possible.

I do agree nowadays a dedicated, motivated student can learn online from some of the better teachers, people that can communicate abstract ideas and concepts much better than others. I am still shivering when I remember taking college chemistry from a Polish professor whose English was so bad that gave up actually trying to learn Chemistry and I paid a considerable amount of money for copies of old exams. I made an A+ in that course without learning anything.

Veteran5000 Experience PointsThree Friends
    Level
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by nordicwarrior View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y-yH_Qyipc, RIP George Carlin, always enjoyed his comedy.

Eh, we don't have evidence of it retreating and residing in a tissue (in the case of Herpes simplex viruses they retreat into the ganglia and are quite good at immune system evasion). We'll have to wait until we have really fully figured this virus out. So far vaccine trials are showing positive results with macaques and other species.

It may change, but it also may change only for certain programs at post-secondary institutions, especially ones that are more theory driven when compared to other programs that have a more practical and hands-on delivery of the material. While online lectures are certainly better than nothing they are not perfect and definitely lack the same effect that one can get from physically being in the room with the professor. In some programs, especially here the hands-on learning component is so important that it outweighs the theory and a lot of programs had to modify or post-pone evaluations on practical skills until the fall (assuming they restart then), programs with placements have had to take their students out of placements until they are given the green light to begin again, it's a mess.

In regards to whether students can actually concentrate with online lectures or that they be able to concentrate more seems quite doubtful. Online lectures are usually delivered through a medium that shows who is present and you can simply leave that window open and go off and do whatever you want to do.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by spruithean View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y-yH_Qyipc, RIP George Carlin, always enjoyed his comedy.

Eh, we don't have evidence of it retreating and residing in a tissue (in the case of Herpes simplex viruses they retreat into the ganglia and are quite good at immune system evasion). We'll have to wait until we have really fully figured this virus out. So far vaccine trials are showing positive results with macaques and other species.

It may change, but it also may change only for certain programs at post-secondary institutions, especially ones that are more theory driven when compared to other programs that have a more practical and hands-on delivery of the material. While online lectures are certainly better than nothing they are not perfect and definitely lack the same effect that one can get from physically being in the room with the professor. In some programs, especially here the hands-on learning component is so important that it outweighs the theory and a lot of programs had to modify or post-pone evaluations on practical skills until the fall (assuming they restart then), programs with placements have had to take their students out of placements until they are given the green light to begin again, it's a mess.

In regards to whether students can actually concentrate with online lectures or that they be able to concentrate more seems quite doubtful. Online lectures are usually delivered through a medium that shows who is present and you can simply leave that window open and go off and do whatever you want to do.
    You're right, I was probably judging other people by myself and by the things I studied. Still, when exam time comes around, if you didn't pay attention it will definitely show in your grades. :)

OverdriveVeteranThree Friends25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 722
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a3a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2b

Ethnic group
    Makedonian original

The role of school and its degrees,

School and education has many roles, and many degrees,
    Generally is divided to 3 or 4 degrees,
    1) elementary basic number and calculation, intro to simple social behavour, etc etc, intro to the psycology of the team, socialization
    2) the body era, the Gymnasium, basic is to learn and train your body, and mind, higher social socialization, and first contuct on what sciences are,
    understanding your abilities, and make desicion for future,
    3) the wolf pack era Lyceum, entering the psycology and sociology of different unit, and intro of specialization among practice jobs, science, etc etc
    the young must learn that the wolf pack is not a sum of sum of same unit, he must be turned to a wolf, inside the wolf pack, that is society,
    Desicion upon his future ends, Now chooses his future jobs, as also his future,

4) this level has 3 kind of results (faculties universities etc)
    4.a) Homo Universitalis, University, science, specialization of science, but also universal aplied knowledge of world, from teachers, to MIT searchers
    4.b) we called them πρακτικοι χειρονακτες, practical,hand works, from farmers to technicians and drivers
    4.c) the merchants, the money producers, the ones whoturns wheel of economy, from entertainers to bankers, from ice cream sellers to gun sellers

How can kids and young teens, realize their social belong, how they will find their pack, their social groups, etc etc, from internet lessons?
    how they learn each other if not gather same age kids to play, sing, fell, learn together?

Offcourse,
    internet education can provide more than a bad teacher,
    but we must not stop typical education system, which has also a social effect.
    ΟΘΕΝ ΑΙΔΩΣ OY EINAI
    ΑΤΗ ΛΑΜΒΑΝΕΙΝ ΑΥΤΟΙΣ
    ΥΒΡΙΣ ΓΕΝΝΑΤΑΙ
    ΝΕΜΕΣΙΣ ΚΑΙ ΤΙΣΗ ΑΚΟΛΟΥΘΟΥΣΙ ΔΕ

When there is no shame
    Divine blindness conquers them
    Hybris (abuse, opprombium) is born
    Nemesis and punishment follows.

Εχε υπομονη Ηρωα
    Η τιμωρια δεν αργει.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by bigsnake49 View Post
    I'm totally in agreement with the costs of education being totally out of whack with the rest of society. It will accelerate the already large gap between the 1% and the rest of society. I have long complained that there are a lot of courses in both undergraduate and professional education that are completely unnecessary in this era of specialization. They were necessary when an engineer or a lawyer or a doctor used to be a do it all but are unnecessary now. Particularly medical education in the US takes way too many years to produce even a GP (9 years). Most other countries you can go through in 6 years and there are very few schools in the US that offer a 6 year program. To produce a lawyer it takes 7 years in the US and it takes 3-4 in other countries. Again there are instances in the US where you can get your law degree in 5-6 years but those are very few and in between. I think there is an education industry in this country that safeguards their territory and wants you in their hold as long as possible.

I do agree nowadays a dedicated, motivated student can learn online from some of the better teachers, people that can communicate abstract ideas and concepts much better than others. I am still shivering when I remember taking college chemistry from a Polish professor whose English was so bad that gave up actually trying to learn Chemistry and I paid a considerable amount of money for copies of old exams. I made an A+ in that course without learning anything.
    I had some of the same kinds of experiences. The Intro to Psych Professor told us to get the book and study it. There would be one exam at the end of the term on it. His lectures would be on recent papers which gave some "nuances". A group of us paid one person to attend and take notes. The rest of the time I spent outlining and memorizing everything in the book. What the hell was I paying for?

One of my Greek classics professors was equally idiotic. We spent a very enjoyable semester discussing all the Greek plays. As you know, many playwrights wrote about the same events, with the same characters.

Right before finals he told us the exam would consist of 100 quotes. We had to give the play's author. HUH? I spent about 36 hours reading and re-reading the plays, right up until the last second before the exam. I paid for that?

I would have been fine with the "English" system as I understand it. Meet with your "tutor" once a week, and then go off and read and study.

Of course, as was pointed out, labs, actual work sessions would have to be in person, but lectures? Maybe for some people, but certainly not for me.

Three Friends25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Level
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,235
    Overall activity: 64.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27-FGC35133

Ethnic group
    Portuguese-Brazilian

Eurasia Group President Ian Bremmer hit Jair Bolsonaro hard after Nelson Teich resigned from the Ministry of Health. He is the second holder of post of health minister to step down the department on this coronavirus’ pandemic crisis. Eurasia Group is a company that operates in the area of ​​political risk and has offices in other countries outside the United States, such as Brazil (in São Paulo), England and Japan.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

Is this from Brazil typical reporter exaggeration?

Brazil is facing a humanitarian crisis unseen in the developed world. Cities running out of coffins. Lines 1,000 deep for an ICU bed. Ambulances racing around with nowhere to go, desperately looking for a free bed.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...e/?arc404=true

Awards:
    Most Popular
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27-FGC35133

Ethnic group
    Portuguese-Brazilian

1 members found this post helpful.

Brazil is facing a humanitarian crisis unseen in the developed world. Cities running out of coffins. Lines 1,000 deep for an ICU bed. Ambulances racing around with nowhere to go, desperately looking for a free bed.
    Hi, Angela, Good Evening,

You have to look at Brazil with the eyes of someone who sees a very unequal country. There is a development gradient in Brazil. South, southeast and midwest with infrastructure and development far superior to those in the north and northeast of the country. The north of the country is Amazon region , where the health system has collapsed (Manaus and Belém do Pará). Companhia Vale do Rio Doce, the largest mining company in the world, is sending sick workers who were working in the states of Pará (north) and Maranhão (northeast) to be treated in the private hospitals network of the Metropolitan Region of Belo Horizonte and their families are staying hosted at the hotels of the city, including Mercury Hotels, from the Accor chain, which is causing apprehension among residents of BH. It is not yet possible to talk about a collapse in the South, Southeast and Midwest, but the situation is getting worse in the states of São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro. It is all the fault of this absolutely incompetent president.

Cheers.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a3a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2b

Ethnic group
    Makedonian original

Slovenia might be the first country in the world that declare end of Pandemia,

their R0 is almost non existing,

1 year registered10000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Overall activity: 33.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-M269 (LDNA)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a1b

Ethnic group
    Thracian

Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 552
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Quote Originally Posted by Yetos View Post

Considering the coming of Summer, they may be okay, but what will happen in October when the temperatures drop?
    If you search this forum for "blood type", "rhesus negative" or "rh negative", you will probably see my posts.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a3a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2b

Ethnic group
    Makedonian original

Quote Originally Posted by firetown View Post
    Considering the coming of Summer, they may be okay, but what will happen in October when the temperatures drop?
    well, I can not answer that,
    maybe declare again?

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

They've also said no quarantine will be applied to incoming people from the EU.

That seems incredibly dumb to me.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by bigsnake49 View Post
    Who is going to eat outside in July and August in Florida?

If inside, there will be air conditioning. Who cares if the tables are 8 feet apart instead of four feet apart if, as in the study of that restaurant cluster, the air conditioning can pick up the droplets and spread them all over the space?

Is he mandating that the air conditioners be fitted with HEPA filters and UV lights?

By all means open up, but get this stuff in place first.

Of course, if you're only seeded with a few cases it may be fine for a while, but all it takes is for someone who is carrying it to stroll in. What if that someone goes to eat lunch with a friend in The Villages?

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a3a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2b

Ethnic group
    Makedonian original

Here only outside is easily allowed to eat and drink,
    temperature today reach 41 C some areas

Awards:
    Most Popular
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27-FGC35133

Ethnic group
    Portuguese-Brazilian

NYT News: “Brazil had months to study the errors and successes of the first countries struck by the virus. Its robust public health care system could have been deployed to conduct mass testing and trace the movements of newly infected patients.”
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/16/w...orld&smtyp=cur

Elite member Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 272
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Ethnic group
    Lithuanian

The three Baltic state have quarantine free travel bubble - which is sort of nice. Otherwise it is possible to travel to some other countries but mandatory quarantine will apply. The restrictions are lifted from trade, social distancing is still on (no more than 5 unrelated people together), gatherings for more than 30 people inside - even with social distancing rules - are not allowed.
    Masks are no longer mandatory while being outside, but they must be worn inside everywhere.

Some cultural events take place in a different format - like car movies theatre in an airport, or

a quartet concert from Philharmonia balcony (they look tiny on the photo :) and could not fit all on the balcony so some had to play from inside )

pop/rock singers giving concerts from the roof of shopping mall, etc

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a3a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2b

Ethnic group
    Makedonian original

Quote Originally Posted by Dagne View Post
    The three Baltic state have quarantine free travel bubble - which is sort of nice. Otherwise it is possible to travel to some other countries but mandatory quarantine will apply. The restrictions are lifted from trade, social distancing is still on (no more than 5 unrelated people together), gatherings for more than 30 people inside - even with social distancing rules - are not allowed.
    Masks are no longer mandatory while being outside, but they must be worn inside everywhere.

Some cultural events take place in a different format - like car movies theatre in an airport, or

a quartet concert from Philharmonia balcony (they look tiny on the photo :) and could not fit all on the balcony so some had to play from inside )

pop/rock singers giving concerts from the roof of shopping mall, etc
    outside and under sunlight (not night time) and a distance of 2+ meters is a quite safe way to keep have social life, and entertainment,
    I would not worry if I was in such gathering as in photo.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a3a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2b

Ethnic group
    Makedonian original

could ice cubes on drinks or coffee carry the virus?

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Level
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by firetown View Post
    On January 25th was Chinese New Year and around 1 Million Chinese visitors came to Thailand. Around 20,000 of them were from Wuhan. It took almost 2 months for the number of cases to exceed 100.
    How are we supposed to know the true number of people infected from Covid-19, if they aren't testing for it enough though? I think early on, only two countries in Africa had labs capable of doing it.
    There can be no covenants between men and lions

Awards:
    Most Popular
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27-FGC35133

Ethnic group
    Portuguese-Brazilian

Coronavirus: Alexandre Kalil: “It politicized the thing. It seems that those who do not want to die are communists ”| Brazil

May 17, 2020

With the baggage of someone who has been a football manager for more than a decade, detached from beliefs and superstitions, Alexandre Kalil (PSD) he says he has lost faith in humanity. “The world has gotten worse. It sucks ”, he says, with the usual detachment, in an interview with EL PAÍS, avoiding romanticizing the impact of the current crisis on human relations. “We are not going to get out of this situation any better. No one is moved to see a body thrown into a ditch. Almost 1,000 families losing people a day and still have a guy worried about opening trade. ” In spite of the pessimistic view, the mayor of Belo Horizonte has hope of going through the covid-19 pandemic without his city repeating the dramatic scenes of European countries. “The people of Belo Horizonte understood the message”, he explains when celebrating the average of around 60% of social isolation in the main neighborhoods since the beginning of the quarantine.
    One of the first to adopt restrictive measures in the country, the seat of the Government of Minas Gerais has the third lowest incidence rate of coronavirus (43 cases per 100,000 inhabitants) among the capitals, behind Curitiba and Porto Alegre. Although Belo Horizonte has experienced an increase in the percentage of registrations in the last few days, it has been more successful in flattening the curve of new infections than cities like Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo, which accumulate contagion rates 3.7 and 4.9 times higher, respectively. According to Kalil, the rapid response to the pandemic was fundamental to stop the curve in March and April, in the wake of the closing of trade.
    More information

In order to enforce the decree, the municipal guard left the policing function and now carries out an inspection expedition, in which it issued more than 10,000 infractions against establishments that were reluctant to close their doors. In addition to the preparation of hospitals and ICU beds, the city resorted to infectologists from UFMG when constituting a coping committee, and also to the university’s statistics department, which developed a mathematical model to project the peaks of cases in the city. “When Belo Horizonte was devastated by the rains at the beginning of the year, I took charge of the business because I am a contractor and I understand urban works”, says the mayor. “But in the pandemic, the final word is from scientists. What they tell you to do, I do it. As I am not a doctor or an infectious disease, I follow the booklet and just hand over the money to carry out the social and health aspects. ”
    Between 1918 and 1919, BH had already been successful in tackling the Spanish flu outbreak, registering one of the lowest mortality rates in Brazil due to the application of restrictive measures. Kalil says that, although he learned about the city’s history, he did not seek reference in the past when outlining his strategy to combat the covid-19. “I was surprised to learn how Belo Horizonte overcame the Spanish flu, but I am not inspired by anyone. Only in science. ” According to the mayor, the fact of having set up a cabinet by technical, not political, criteria is now a differential in crisis management, citing Health Secretary Jackson Machado Pinto, who headed the Santa Catarina dermatology clinic for 25 years. BH House. “I sign the papers, but whoever guides and leads the work is a doctor.”
    Threats for holding trade reopening

To reinforce social isolation, the city of BH bought two million masks, distributed to the population by traffic agents and the civil guard. Those who leave home without protective equipment can be fined 80 reais. Since April, the use of a mask is mandatory. The executive also distributes 243,000 basic food baskets per month to people in situations of social vulnerability, most of them for informal workers and families of students enrolled in municipal schools. In order to expedite delivery, the city has partnered with supermarkets, where students’ guardians only need to present their identity card to remove the basket.
    Kalil’s concern at the moment is the pressure that coronavirus cases registered in the metropolitan region can exert on the capital’s health system. Nova Lima, neighboring BH, for example, has the fourth highest incidence rate in the state (106 cases per 100,000 inhabitants). The mayor even banned the entry of buses from cities that relaxed isolation measures, but the decree was eventually overturned by the courts. “There is no use for the city to take precautions, close stores and escambau, and then judge to have it opened. You need to understand that this is not my opinion. It’s ******* science, ”he says.
    In late April, members of a motorcade in favor of President Jair Bolsonaro protested in front of the mayor’s house, contrary to restrictive measures in the city. Some neighbors responded by throwing eggs at the protesters. “I was president of Atlético, I took 6 to 1 from the biggest rival… Whoever lived the pressure of football, is not afraid of half a dozen horns”, jokes Kalil, who says he received death threats for his attitude adopted during the coronavirus crisis . He says that, in addition to not being intimidated, he avoids making decisions aimed at the municipal elections scheduled for this year. “If a family loses a loved one in BH because I thought about myself or re-election, I will never be able to sleep again. I would rather die with a shot than with remorse for being a coward. ”
    In friction with the state government, the mayor claims to have received neither financial support nor support from Governor Romeu Zema (Novo), who is Bolsonaro’s ally. “Zero support. The state is broken. ” Regarding the federal government, Kalil understands that the president’s statements, encouraging the quarantine to be broken, and the turbulence in Brasília, such as the resignations of ministers Luiz Henrique Mandetta and Sergio Moro, hamper the work of mayors and governors. “A president’s speech is very important. If we had strong federal leadership, fighting the pandemic would be much better. Imagine if [João] Doria and Wilson [Witzel] had they not stopped São Paulo and Rio? Brazil would already have about 50,000 dead. ”
    Bolsonaro recently declared that the blame for deaths from the coronavirus is not his, but that of governors and mayors. Kalil agrees. “If people die in Belo Horizonte, it is my responsibility. He [presidente] you have to send money to city halls. Now, it helps a lot who gets in the way. It hasn’t been his case. ” The mayor regrets that the president’s speeches contribute to ignite part of the population against local managers. “It politicized the thing. It seems that those who do not want to die are communists. And anyone who wants to die, but protests in a double cab truck, is on the right. In the meantime, we see a city that does not even have a respirator opening the trade, ”says Kalil, who was called“ communist ”by Bolsonarists.
    The city of BH set up a technical group, which includes infectologists, to establish a plan for the gradual reopening of the city. According to the mayor, if the levels of social isolation and ICU occupation are maintained, easing may start from 25 May. However, merchants, who wanted to open stores for Mother’s Day, remain dissatisfied. By means of a note, the Chamber of Shopkeepers (CDL) defends that the loosening of restrictive measures should be anticipated. “I’ve been asking them for patience [empresários]”, Says Kalil. “When I start reopening, I’m going to call them to the table. We need to recover trade. City Hall is not a bank, but we intend to reward the sacrifice they are making in some way. ”
    At the direction of his son, who is a doctor, the 61-year-old mayor uses an oximeter to constantly monitor oxygen saturation in cells. Inserted in the risk group and ex-smoker, Kalil only goes to the city hall for essential meetings and has not seen his grandchildren for two months. “I am in a panic, terrified by this virus. So I ask people to stay at home. Citizens who go out on the street randomly need to know that they are going to kill or die. ” Although he was a top hat, he rules out the return of games in the city’s stadiums while the coronavirus still poses a threat to public health. “There is no point in putting agglomeration within a 105 meter field. Whoever talks about football now can only be crazy. ”

At EL PAÍS, dozens of journalists work to bring you the most accurate information and to fulfill your public service mission. If you want to support our journalism and have unlimited access, you can do it here for 1 euro in the first month and 10 euros from the following month, with no commitment to stay.

Source: https://www.time24.news/2020/05/a/co...-brazil-2.html

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Level
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

could ice cubes on drinks or coffee carry the virus?
    The whiskey will kill it though. :)

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

"Sweden has now the highest #covid19 fatality rate per million population of the world."

Regardless of their public pronouncements it seems that Sweden is following the "herd immunity" approach. I think that's also evidenced by the fact that parents are reporting that they are being threatened with fines and removal of their children if they don't send them to school.

Perhaps they find it acceptable because the people severely ill or dying are concentrated among the elderly and the migrant communities.

I personally find it heartless, but it's their government, their choice.

Page 70 of 76 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast