Health New Coronavirus in China

Really people?

Billionaire Bill Gates and his wife Melinda have committed $100 million of their own money to fight the coronavirus pandemic. In return, a fevered segment of the pro-Trump internet is convinced the couple wants to kill off a good portion of humanity, then install mark-of-the-beast style tracking chips in whoever survives.
On Wednesday, pro-Trump personalities and regular Trump White House guests “Diamond and Silk” became the latest to push conspiracy theories about Gates, tweeting that the Microsoft founder was operating on a secretive “agenda” to “rule the world with vaccines” and vowing not to take any coronavirus vaccine that Gates was involved with."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumpists-believe-bill-gates-using-084343982.html

I think a kind of insanity is starting to emerge that is very worrisome. Did you see what's happening in Hong Kong? They're all the same people, for goodness' sakes...what are they thinking?

They think mainlanders should die...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...CN21Y14G?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=twitter

the limits of politcs, economy, science, pandemia,

I watch the number of tests done in countries, until 15 April
and made some statistics

in some countries in Europe, and states in USA no matter very high infected, the test are not even 1% of population
in fact in areas were confirmed infection is above 1 /000, test coverage is !!!! 4,6-7 /000 sometimes meaning 0.47-0.7% of population !!!!!

I wonder how many tests are needed to find one infected, according country/state.
the statics in Greece is 1 infected every 25 tests
while I found a country that is 1 infected per 2,2 tests !!!!!!! :petrified:

so makes me wonder why such differences? :unsure:
and I don't think is the economical cost of the test, :useless:

for Europe
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109066/coronavirus-testing-in-europe-by-country/

for USA
https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

In our county if you want the free test you have to show symptoms, have been in contact with a confirmed case, be over 65 or have been prescribed a test by your doctor. There is also a $50 test which most insurances cover in which the criteria are a lot looser. Given all that, they tested 4282 with 4085 negative, 192 positive and 3 inconclusive. That's less than 1% of the total population of about 525,000.

Last edited:
I gave my consent to use my DNA for Covid-19 Research.

... you can thank me any time you like :grin: ... don’t be shy :) ... lol

Will they infect you with coronavirus on purpose and see how well you react and then correlate that with your genome?

In our county if you want the free test you have to show symptoms, have been in contact with a confirmed case, be over 65 or have been prescribed a testy your doctor. There is also a $50 test which most insurances cover in which the criteria are a lot looser. Given all that, they tested 4282 with 4085 negative, 192 positive and 3 inconclusive. That's less than 1% of the total population of about 525,000.

Could this be the reason why the original projections are so much higher than the actual numbers? The vast majority of people, almost all of them in counties like yours, have not been exposed to it. What happens if 50% are exposed?

In a way, this is just a continuation of what the studies in the hardest hit areas of Germany and Italy showed. The health system in Lombardia, at least, crashed with a rate of only 15% of the population at large infected.

That's also way too small a number for any kind of "herd immunity". Is that why governors like Cuomo are so cautious about opening up again?

Looking at it from another lens, I posted an article about what Hong Kong did right. One factor was that every positive person was quarantined in special facilities, symptoms or not. They only had a couple of dozen cases at that point, however, if that. So, that might very well work in a county like yours, where it hasn't gotten a stronghold. It won't work in New York City where tens of thousands of people are infected already. You can't put that many people in separate facilities unless you create camps of the infected or move people to "infected" parts of the city. There would be an uproar.

Will they infect you with coronavirus on purpose and see how well you react and then correlate that with your genome?

no, ... I guess they'll use some of the DNA sample that's already in storage ... or the data.

I thank you Salento. In my name and in the name of all people infected and all not infected. Unfortunately I don’t know what group I belong. You have abdicated your right to privacy thinking in other people. This is an act of greatness. (y):)

Could this be the reason why the original projections are so much higher than the actual numbers? The vast majority of people, almost all of them in counties like yours, have not been exposed to it. What happens if 50% are exposed?

In a way, this is just a continuation of what the studies in the hardest hit areas of Germany and Italy showed. The health system in Lombardia, at least, crashed with a rate of only 15% of the population at large infected.

That's also way too small a number for any kind of "herd immunity". Is that why governors like Cuomo are so cautious about opening up again?

Looking at it from another lens, I posted an article about what Hong Kong did right. One factor was that every positive person was quarantined in special facilities, symptoms or not. They only had a couple of dozen cases at that point, however, if that. So, that might very well work in a county like yours, where it hasn't gotten a stronghold. It won't work in New York City where tens of thousands of people are infected already. You can't put that many people in separate facilities unless you create camps of the infected or move people to "infected" parts of the city. There would be an uproar.

I think the reason Hong Kong isolated their patients in special places is for the sake of their families. It is virtually impossible to isolate yourself while living in the same place (your caretake will get infected through the air/while washing dishes/taking care of other things) no matter how stringent they are about taking care of all possible precautions. Besides, in HK the density is even higher than in NY and one person can infect some 200 (like it was with SARS -1) if bathroom ventilation systems are connected above and below throughout all apartments.

In our county if you want the free test you have to show symptoms, have been in contact with a confirmed case, be over 65 or have been prescribed a testy your doctor. There is also a $50 test which most insurances cover in which the criteria are a lot looser. Given all that, they tested 4282 with 4085 negative, 192 positive and 3 inconclusive. That's less than 1% of the total population of about 525,000.

:confused: where?

@Duarte
our Privacy ship has sailed already,

every time we upload our raw data, we lose a piece of privacy.

No isolating the infected people in separate facilities only works in the beginning of the pandemic. Then you contact trace and test who they came in contact with. That's why Hong Kong, Taiwan and Vietnam were successful. They activated their response team in late December, were meeting flights with thermometers and isolating even non-symptomatic people from Wuhan.

Brevard County, Florida,USA. There were a total of 41 hospitalizations at some point with 12 people in the hospital yesterday, 8 in the ICU, 5 on ventilators. We had 6 deaths all 74+ yo. We are supposed to reach our peak next week.

NY state seems to have population test coverage 2.8%
and 1 confirmed every about 2 tests !!!!!!!
wonder how much spread would be, if more tests done,
although the test coverage on population is very good and high, always comparing with others

the best test coverage is Iceland, over 10% of population, now

No isolating the infected people in separate facilities only works in the beginning of the pandemic. Then you contact trace and test who they came in contact with. That's why Hong Kong, Taiwan and Vietnam were successful. They activated their response team in late December, were meeting flights with thermometers and isolating even non-symptomatic people from Wuhan.

I know. That's why I said this can only work when the numbers of infected are very small, i.e. at the beginning of an epidemic.

In my county, 28,000 cases with 1100 deaths. However, it varies widely by community. My town and most contiguous ones in the North Shore 80-110. Minority communities clock 1000 plus cases and proportionate deaths.

New York City is much worse.

Total tested New York State 550,579

Total positive 222,284

This is totally misleading in terms of infection rate, however. You only get tested if in contact with a positive case or are health care workers front line etc. The "infected" rate is much, much smaller.

Total tested New York State 550,579

Total positive 222,284

This is totally misleading in terms of infection rate, however. You only get tested if in contact with a positive case or are health care workers front line etc. The "infected" rate is much, much smaller.
I agree,
and population 20 000 000

very good test coverage, 2.7-2,8% on population, comparing else,
but infection per test done is 1 every 2,5 tests, about, not a clear view,
the infection rate must be higher, I think

The central Chinese city of Wuhan, where the novel coronavirus first appeared late last year, revised its death toll sharply higher on Friday. Local authorities changed the previous figure of 2,579 to 3,869, China's state-run Xinhua News Agency reported.The change, 1,290 additional deaths, is an increase of almost exactly 50%. Officials also added another 325 cases that had not led to a death, bringing the city's total reported cases to 50,333. That brings China's official death toll up to 4,632.
According to Xinhua, an unnamed official from the Wuhan municipal headquarters for COVID-19 epidemic prevention and control said cases were missed earlier because of the immense pressure on the city's health system.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/wuhan-abruptly-increased-coronavirus-death-073618930.html

Btw, subway use was a huge factor in NYC, as one recent paper pointed out.

It ties with a graphic I posted upthread showing the number of cases by smaller community within each of the "boroughs". In Queens, for example, the mostly Italian communities along the southwestern shore and the Irish/Italian/Chinese communities in the North East flanking Nassau County which have the worst subway service and most people drive, had the lowest rates by far.

Lack of public transportation in this case really helped.

I almost didn't need to be told that. For as long as I can remember I've carried hand sanitizer, and when on subways I always tried to touch as few surfaces as possible, and always cleaned my hands when I got out. Of course, when you're packed in the like this, in addition to unwanted groping, they're all BREATHING on you! :) Hated it. When I was working till 9PM or later I demanded and got carfare. It almost made it worth working those insane hours.

55873587mt008-new-yorkers-c.jpg

This thread has been viewed 698059 times.

Back