Overall activity: 8.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I am human
    MtDNA haplogroup
    I am human

Ethnic group
    Asian

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    "Sweden has now the highest #covid19 fatality rate per million population of the world."
    Regardless of their public pronouncements it seems that Sweden is following the "herd immunity" approach. I think that's also evidenced by the fact that parents are reporting that they are being threatened with fines and removal of their children if they don't send them to school.
    Perhaps they find it acceptable because the people severely ill or dying are concentrated among the elderly and the migrant communities.
    I personally find it heartless, but it's their government, their choice.
    My Swedish friend told me that they also count deaths in elderly homes, not only hospitals. They have rules but no police, they trust in people obeying the rules. It is their culture.
    l'audace de vivre le présent avec optimisme tout en construisant l'avenir avec créativité

Seasonal Member Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 387

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I am human
    MtDNA haplogroup
    I am human

Ethnic group
    Asian

Quote Originally Posted by torzio View Post
    do not people realise that religious gathering are far worse than eating in a restaurant ................religious gatherings are still banned in Australia
    Ban on non-essential gatherings of more than 100 people was imposed by the Morrison government back in March. From about a week ago, places of worship and community facilities, like libraries, are also allowed up to 20 people inside.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I am human
    MtDNA haplogroup
    I am human

Ethnic group
    Asian

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Two new clusters in Germany: a church and a restaurant.

Does anyone know more about the church outbreak? Were they wearing masks? If they were that's a very bad sign that they're not completely protecting people. Maybe if you're singing the virus leaks out?

What a horror; no more singing together for the foreseeable future?

The three C's to preventing infection:
    https://twitter.com/nataliexdean/sta...762113/photo/1

What on earth is going to happen to restaurants and all the waiters, bartenders etc. who used to work in them.

Leave it to the French to try to come up with a solution, but believe me, much as I miss my lunches with friends, or a Saturday night out with another couple, honestly I'd rather stay home. Plus, where is the "dirty" air going, and how often do they clean down the insides of those plastic shields?

High level British official broke stay at home rules. This is the kind of thing which infuriates me: people who feel so entitled, so special, that they can break the rules and endanger other people.

Just saw something on the net about a New York City college student doing a semester abroad in Spain who got it, running a 104 temp, whose parents wired him money to fly home, and apparently because he took aspirin to knock down the screeners the airport people didn't detect a temp. He was on a plane with recycled air, waiting around on crowded lines and crowded spaces in the airport.

JUST AWFUL. What, his parents thought Spain was incompetent to treat him. He had to come home even if he infected hundreds of people???
    No one wants to go. In Australia, beauty salons can open back up, and pubs and cafes in regional or rural areas with no cases are able to seat up to 20 people. Open homes will also be allowed.

Elite member Achievements:
    Level
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 654
    Overall activity: 13.0%

Ethnic group
    Lithuanian

2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duarte View Post
    Dear friend Salento.
    Everything seems insane to me right now. I believe that I am living a nightmare. Sometimes I see in Eupedia an escape valve that makes me forget these difficult days a little. Maybe I was already a little crazy if I couldn't come here read the posts on the threads. But my days have been so, alternating between hope and sadness. I wish I had inherited my mother's faith and and be able to believe that better days will come.
    Big hug dear friend.
    Salento, Duarte, come to Lithuania - it does feel pretty safe here. 4 new cases today, and all of them related to known clusters. Some quarantine measures remain - like wearing a mask while inside, but otherwise, it is pretty good - open air games are allowed, gatherings allowed up to 300 people outside (and up to 100 inside). It is expected that most of the restrictions will be removed by July.
    On the other hand, following typical progression of epidemics, it may start anew any time. And it quite likely will in autumn months. But now the days are long and it is getting warmer (at last!). I look so much for the summer.

Regular Member Achievements:
    Three Friends25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Level
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 730
    Overall activity: 81.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27-FGC35133

Ethnic group
    Portuguese-Brazilian

Quote Originally Posted by Dagne View Post
    Salento, Duarte, come to Lithuania - it does feel pretty safe here. 4 new cases today, and all of them related to known clusters. Some quarantine measures remain - like wearing a mask while inside, but otherwise, it is pretty good - open air games are allowed, gatherings allowed up to 300 people outside (and up to 100 inside). It is expected that most of the restrictions will be removed by July.
    On the other hand, following typical progression of epidemics, it may start anew any time. And it quite likely will in autumn months. But now the days are long and it is getting warmer (at last!). I look so much for the summer.
    @Dagne

Thank you very much for the invitation Dagne. In Europe, I don't know the Baltic Countries, Scandinavia and Russia. Here in Brazil, travel agencies organize this tour, which also passes through St. Petersburg and ends in Moscow. If it weren't for the pandemic, this would be the next outing my wife and I would like to do. Our son doesn't like to accompany us anymore. But I will wait for the pandemic to cool down in Brazil. Today, I cannot help recognizing that any Brazilian is a potential danger anywhere in the world. I can be, for example, an asymptomatic carrier and be a very big risk for people in the risk group. Thank you for your kindness, Dagne. It would be a great satisfaction for me to get to know Lithuania.
    Cheers

Elite member Achievements:
    Level
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 654
    Overall activity: 13.0%

Ethnic group
    Lithuanian

1 members found this post helpful.
    I think we are all tired of the situation, and it is not possible to shield yourself off from it even if it hasn't affected your life much.
    I decided long ago that I should skip information about the pandemic and focus on my daily life, but it is still here in the backgrounds, much easier said than done.
    Prices for farmsteads in countryside got up, while renting price in cities when down. Everyone wants to have a piece of tranquility, blending in along the natural rhythms of nature.

Three Friends25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Level
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 730
    Overall activity: 81.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27-FGC35133

Ethnic group
    Portuguese-Brazilian

I think we are all tired of the situation, and it is not possible to shield yourself off from it even if it hasn't affected your life much.
    I decided long ago that I should skip information about the pandemic and focus on my daily life, but it is still here in the backgrounds, much easier said than done.
    Prices for farmsteads in countryside got up, while renting price in cities when down. Everyone wants to have a piece of tranquility, blending in along the natural rhythms of nature.
    You are right Dagne.
    The consequences of the pandemic are being felt in the economy as a whole and also in the housing market in cities. I am also adopting a filter. At the end of the night, I see the balance of the pandemic around the world and I specifically check the news from Brazil. The news from Brazil as a whole are terrible, but my State, Minas Gerais, and my city, Belo Horizonte, are doing well, comparatively. There are many idle ICU beds in the public and private hospitals and the largest Campaign Hospital in Brazil, located in my city in a gigantic exhibition center, doesn’t have an occupied bed by sick people. But these are exceptions in a very affected Brazil.
    Cheers.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I am human
    MtDNA haplogroup
    I am human

Ethnic group
    Asian

Quote Originally Posted by bicicleur View Post
    the German authorities are investigating this
    they suspect the rules were broken, especially in the restaurant

when more activities are allowed, this kind of detecting and screening is essential
    They were singing without masks, Surprise. Stupid.

Three Friends50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Community Award
    Level
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Overall activity: 50.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - BY143483
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

Thanks, but
    America has been good to me, and the Optimistic Spirit of the Americans is unmatched, imho

... in God we trust :)

(... God is whatever God means to you)
    But you oh Messapo, Tamer of Horses ... that no one, with neither iron nor fire can break down! “Virgil”

Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172