Health New Coronavirus in China

The King of Irony on Eupedia. Clap, clap, clap. Do you are happy now? :grin:

If you were British you could give some phlegm to your ironies. It would definitely look more elegant.:innocent:

Oh man, I don't die of loves by any of both.:petrified:

An European's vision at Eupedia. I loved that statement. :grin:

It is fair, it is very fair, it is very very fair. I’m just a poor Latin-American guy. :sad-2:

The profile flag is that of the country where you currently reside. If it were the flag of coutry of citizenship, I could use both the Brazilian flag and the Portuguese flag. It is that dual citizenship thing allowed by the Constitution of Brazil (and Portugal too). :cool-v:

Will be that I would be able to change the flag of Brazil for that of Portugal so that my opinions can also be given with a little salt as befits every good European at Eupedia? :unsure:

It's a shame that I don't have the courage to do that. I feel like an Eurodescendant, more specifically a Portuguese-Brazilian, but I don't feel myself an European. :disappointed:

Cheers my dear :)

English irony? Could be a Saxon thing....(or not).

Poor has nothing to do with you are being LA, and don't put words in my mound about 'the need' of changing flags or something like that...

The King of Irony on Eupedia. Clap, clap, clap. Do you are happy now? :grin:

If you were British you could give some phlegm to your ironies. It would definitely look more elegant.:innocent:

Oh man, I don't die of loves by any of both.:petrified:

An European's vision at Eupedia. I loved that statement. :grin:

It is fair, it is very fair, it is very very fair. I’m just a poor Latin-American guy. :sad-2:

The profile flag is that of the country where you currently reside. If it were the flag of coutry of citizenship, I could use both the Brazilian flag and the Portuguese flag. It is that dual citizenship thing allowed by the Constitution of Brazil (and Portugal too). :cool-v:

Will be that I would be able to change the flag of Brazil for that of Portugal so that my opinions can also be given with a little salt as befits every good European at Eupedia? :unsure:

It's a shame that I don't have the courage to do that. I feel like an Eurodescendant, more specifically a Portuguese-Brazilian, but I don't feel myself an European. :disappointed:

Cheers my dear :)

Sorry, Duarte. I posted something in the wrong box.

Poor Duarte, if Trump is superbe smart compared to Bolsonaro.....

"In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king"???

:grin:

And the privat life of Trump is lily white?

:petrified:

Perhaps you have been too long in quarantine hahahahah :rolleyes:

IMO both have made at least big estimation errors and have put their countries in big danger.....just a view of an European on Eupedia....so taken with some salt....:innocent:

Every time you show up here you offend someone. One more time and you're out for good.

English irony? Could be a Saxon thing....(or not).

Poor has nothing to do with you are being LA, and don't put words in my mound about 'the need' of changing flags or something like that...

I will not waste my time arguing with you, poor spirit. Go chat with your neighbor next door, the bicycle mechanic. Go see if I'm on the corner street, insignificant! Our dialogue is out of topic. End!

Fatality rate computed as #deaths/#confirmed cases
Fatality rate for NY State: 15740/263460 = 6%
Fatality rate for Florida: 960/28832 = 3.3%.

I wonder why almost twice the fatality rate.

Fatality rate computed as #deaths/#confirmed cases
Fatality rate for NY State: 15740/263460 = 6%
Fatality rate for Florida: 960/28832 = 3.3%.

I wonder why almost twice the fatality rate.

Perhaps because death is a lagging indicator? It can take three weeks after you're in the hospital until you die. Florida is, what, two to three weeks behind New York?

Also, by the time it got to Florida did some of those seniors get the message to shelter at home, and at least the ones in Broward, etc., aren't living in crowded apartments raising teenagers for absent parents.

I wonder too if they've stopped intubating patients as much, which turned out to be a bad idea, unfortunately for all those poor people who were intubated and the poor heroic doctors and nurses who got infected as a result.

The "newer" hotspots should be in the better situation of being able to profit from the mistakes of those who got hit earlier.

Do you know if there are separate figures for, say, Broward versus Dade counties? The "older" the skew of the population maybe the higher the death count? Unless they put in better procedures in old age and care homes. How many deaths are from nursing homes?

I know that in my Sarasota, there are only about 300 cases, I was told, but 10 deaths.

Perhaps because death is a lagging indicator? It can take three weeks after you're in the hospital until you die. Florida is, what, two to three weeks behind New York?

Also, by the time it got to Florida did some of those seniors get the message to shelter at home, and at least the ones in Broward, etc., aren't living in crowded apartments raising teenagers for absent parents.

I wonder too if they've stopped intubating patients as much, which turned out to be a bad idea, unfortunately for all those poor people who were intubated and the poor heroic doctors and nurses who got infected as a result.

The "newer" hotspots should be in the better situation of being able to profit from the mistakes of those who got hit earlier.

Do you know if there are separate figures for, say, Broward versus Dade counties? The "older" the skew of the population maybe the higher the death count? Unless they put in better procedures in old age and care homes. How many deaths are from nursing homes?

I know that in my Sarasota, there are only about 300 cases, I was told, but 10 deaths.

Yes there are different statistics for each county. For example we had a total of 226 cases, only had one new case couple of days ago and 7 total deaths.
Broward: 126/4128 = 3%
Dade: 233/10056 = 2.3%

Wow we just had 9 new cases in one day. Just when you thought you were out of the woods...

Last edited:
World News - El País (Spain) in English:

Coronavirus reverses the historical roles of northern and southern Italy | International

typical north-south opposition
it exists in almost every country and on every continent

the rhetoric, it's pathetic

^^ I understand you Angela. Far be it from me to want to do politics about something I never understood. The domestic policy in Brazil is already complicated for me to get involved a with foreign policy. I still have the risk of such bicycle mechanic will appear here again roaring like a real member of the royal family to get my attention, LOL. I am transcribing the news to show how COVID-19 has soured the internal and external relations of all countries.

what is it you need to tell me?

novel-coronavirus-cases-worldwide-23-april-2020.png

the great replacement could not find a better ally, than this virus

novel-coronavirus-cases-worldwide-deaths-23-april-2020.png

1 in 5 New Yorkers May Have Had Covid-19, Antibody Tests Suggest

If the pattern holds, the results from random testing of 3,000 people raised the tantalizing prospect that many New Yorkers — as many as 2.7 million, the governor said — who never knew they had been infected had already encountered the virus, and survived. Mr. Cuomo also said that such wide infection might mean that the death rate was far lower than believed.

In New York City, about 21 percent tested positive for coronavirus antibodies during the state survey. The rate was about 17 percent on Long Island, nearly 12 percent in Westchester and Rockland Counties and less than 4 percent in the rest of the state.

Mr. Cuomo on Thursday did not talk about any potential for immunity among those previously infected.

But he did suggest, based on the survey, that if as many as 2.7 million New Yorkers had the virus, the death rate in New York from Covid-19 would most likely be far lower than previously believed, possibly 0.5 percent of those infected.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/23/nyregion/coronavirus-antibodies-test-ny.html

So much for all of the fear-mongering being peddled by some media outlets and organizations. What a shame it brought the world economy to it's knees!

So much for all of the fear-mongering being peddled by some media outlets and organizations. What a shame it brought the world economy to it's knees!

Research in my country, about the population seize of the state of New York, the antibody is 3.0%. The point is that 60-70% is needed for herd immunity. But those 3% is already causing health system overload.....so we are not rid of that virus!

We have 50,000 dead and I don't know how many with permanent damage to organs. That's with strict social distancing particularly in NYC and that's barely 2 months into this.

^1 in 5 NYers had it, despite strict social distancing, the death rate is 0.5%, that's not worth destroying the world economy for. IMO Many of whom already had underlying conditions. They probably would have died from something else, eventually.

Perhaps we would have reached herd immunity by now, if it wasn't for social distancing.

Thus far 22 million Americans have had their livelihoods destroyed.

Suicide and the Economy

"We never spoke of them. Why would we?" Learning the the truth about my great-grandfather, and 40,000 Americans during the Great Depression

Roy was one of at least 40,000 Americans who took their own lives that year and the next, the two-year span that suicide rate spiked to its highest recorded level ever: more than 150 per 1 million annually. They are forgotten people, mostly men, and mostly brushed out of existence by a generation preoccupied by World War II and the post-war boom.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/09/suicide-and-the-economy/279961/

Unbelievable...I always agreed with Virginia Wolffe that I wanted a room of my own, but a whole house? For years?
"40% of swedish households are just one person! "

Who needs a formal lockdown. :)

You'd think that would protect them, and then add in all the SNUS/tobacco chewing if scientists are right about that, yet they have 10 times the cases of the other Scandinavian countries, so this bug is obviously tricky.

^1 in 5 NYers had it, despite strict social distancing, the death rate is 0.5%, that's not worth destroying the world economy for. IMO Many of whom already had underlying conditions. They probably would have died from something else, eventually.

Perhaps we would have reached herd immunity by now, if it wasn't for social distancing.

Thus far 22 million Americans have had their livelihoods destroyed.

Fatality rate is 6% on confirmed cases in NY state. Estimated cases do not count unless they become confirmed.

Fatality rate is 6% on confirmed cases in NY state. Estimated cases do not count unless they become confirmed.

Exactly, "confirmed" cases, that looks at an incomplete picture. There are more people infected than what is officially confirmed. Which is why Cuomo said the anti-body test suggests the real death rate is only 0.5%. That is what counts.

This thread has been viewed 696940 times.

Back