Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2017

Thread: New Coronavirus in China

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

Ethnic group
    North Sea Germanic

Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    I stand by what I said, ... that New York Times article is selective and is about Political President Trump, it is not consequential in real life,
    internally the decisions are made by the Governors, not by the President.
    Misleading the public.....
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...ed-risk-410796

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Northener View Post
    .... blame the real culprit:

In the beginning ... China forbade internal travel in and out of Wuhan area, but it allowed Worldwide travel in and out from Wuhan.

China didn’t care, and maybe it did it in purpose !!!

... no misleading ... we were all aware of the danger, ... there’s nothing wrong for World Leaders to prevent panic and chaos (Balanced Optimism) !

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...oreign-travel/
    Last edited by Salento; 10-09-20 at 03:26. Reason: who’s on China’s Payroll?

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

Ethnic group
    North Sea Germanic

.... blame the real culprit:

In the beginning ... China forbade internal travel in and out of Wuhan area, but it allowed Worldwide travel in and out from Wuhan.

China didn’t care, and maybe it did it in purpose !!!

... no misleading ... we were all aware of the danger, ... there’s nothing wrong for World Leaders to prevent panic and chaos (Balanced Optimism) !

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...oreign-travel/

Quite simple Salento: POTUS speaks and acts double tongued.

'Balanced Optimism' = At the expense of nearly 200.000 corona dead ...balance!?

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Northener View Post
    Quite simple Salento: POTUS speaks and acts double tongued.

'Balanced Optimism' = At the expense of nearly 200.000 corona dead ...balance!?
    https://www.eupedia.com/forum/thread...l=1#post612573
    Last edited by Salento; 11-09-20 at 05:35.

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

Ethnic group
    North Sea Germanic

1 members found this post helpful.

Our campaign is a chain of applause made words by personalities from the world of Science,
    Art and Culture that send their encouragement and gratitude to Health professionals and so many groups that are currently risking their lives for others.

It is an initiative of Rocaviva Eventos and the Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria Hospital 12 de Octubre i + 12

I extend it to the whole world. Hope is the last thing you lose.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

... got the new flu shot couple of days ago, ... side effects: one day FEVER (not cool) ... OK now

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27-FGC35133

Ethnic group
    Portuguese-Brazilian

... got the new flu shot couple of days ago, ... side effects: one day FEVER (not cool) ... OK now
    I wish you health friend Salento. The fever indicates that your immune system has been stimulated by vaccine to produce antibodies.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Duarte View Post
    I wish you health friend Salento. The fever indicates that your immune system has been stimulated by vaccine to produce antibodies.
    Thanks Duarte, I hope you’re OK and COVID-19 is just a Memory.

The last time I got “stimulated” that bad by a Vaccine was when I got a shot in the chest (Italian Army thing)

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27-FGC35133

Ethnic group
    Portuguese-Brazilian

Thanks Duarte, I hope you’re OK and COVID-19 is just a Memory.

The last time I got “stimulated” that bad by a Vaccine was when I got a shot in the chest (Italian Army thing)
    Thanks Salento. I'm fine now. I even took a plane trip. From the 2nd to the 11th of this month of September I was in the city of Vitória, capital of the State of Espírito Santo. It is already a great evolution.

Ethnic group
    Italian

"Trans-ethnic analysis reveals genetic and non-genetic associations with COVID-19 susceptibility and severity

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.09.04.20188318v1

"Abstract

COVID-19 presents with a wide range of severity, from asymptomatic in some individuals to fatal in others. Based on a study of over one million 23andMe research participants, we report genetic and non-genetic associations with testing positive for COVID-19, respiratory symptoms, and hospitalization. Risk factors for hospitalization include advancing age, male sex, elevated body mass index, lower socio-economic status, non-European ancestry, and pre-existing cardio-metabolic and respiratory conditions. Using trans-ethnic genome-wide association studies, we identify a strong association between blood type and COVID-19 diagnosis, as well as a gene-rich locus on chr3p21.31 that is more strongly associated with outcome severity. While non-European ancestry was found to be a significant risk factor for hospitalization after adjusting for socio-demographics and pre-existing health conditions, we did not find evidence that these two primary genetic associations explain differences between populations in terms of risk for severe COVID-19 outcomes."

"Ski, Party, Seed a Pandemic"
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/30/w...mid=tw-nytimes

Certain Neanderthal genes can make Covid worse.
    https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/...ds/3585344001/

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

already knowledgeable about the possibility of genetically modified viruses which could target certain population genom, this above article is evoking memories of such eventual eugenic possibility, tho that would be paradox if we know that all over the world this virus is mutating and affecting almost every population, Except maybe Escimos or Amazonians who are far away from everything ...

how far we are from the truth, is there room for conspiracies, nevertheless we will all realize that sooner or later everybody will need to overcome this virus , it was case with every pandemic in the last decade > tho this one is way more aggressive as propaganda, and for sure more risky as economic shortcircuit for the fiat money system that in this way is stimulated to move more sooner to digital crypto-currencies >

> sorry for this digression, but my point is that there is such a paranoia which is focusing on isolation as most needed measure instead on immunity boosting even before any vaccination, on other hand the risks of economic havoc next year would be way more dangerous than the risks from normal measures i.e. there is only need of good antivirus practice to be constantly stimulated through the media but also standardization on private and institutional disinfection of work areas and public spaces so there would be lesser impact on the world economy, tho there is already too big hit on it that is question how things will roll next year ...

The thread has been very stopped,

Latest data on the situation in Europe

Second wave of coronavirus: life in Europe changes again with new restrictions against the coronavirus

After a few months of relaxation during the European summer, the coronavirus pandemic is hitting the continent again hard.

The dreaded "second wave" predicted by scientists is already installed in Europe, and little by little most countries have been forced to take action.

The situation, however, varies greatly from one country to another.

The country already going through a "third wave" of coronavirus
    Until this Saturday, the Czech Republic had the highest number of accumulated cases in the last 14 days per 100,000 inhabitants, with 770.5.

It was followed by:

Belgium (637.6),
    the Netherlands (485.5)
    France (365.8)
    United Kingdom (333.3)
    Spain (312.4),
    according to data from the European Center for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) of Saturday, October 17.

https://www.bbc.com/mundo/noticias-i...ional-54570973

Ethnic group
    Italian

Yet the death rate is flat, yes?

Do they know how to manage/treat it better, or it has mutated to be less lethal as a recent paper held, or both?

Does anyone know the stat for Italy? I thought Lombardia already had herd immunity, but that wouldn't apply to the rest of the country.

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by aro View Post
    I know 30 cases, and none of them are smokers... Only two say they smoked but quit like a few years ago! lol!
    You didn't mention how they handled the disease, their ages, and whether they had other risk factors.

Off topic, but I spoke to a doctor yesterday who said the number 1 risk factor in old and young is obesity. They figured out that obese patients have to be turned constantly and, if possible, made to walk. If they lay flat on their backs it impairs their breathing, the circulation of air through their lungs, and their heart function.

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Yet the death rate is flat, yes?

Do they know how to manage/treat it better, or it has mutated to be less lethal as a recent paper held, or both?

Does anyone know the stat for Italy? I thought Lombardia already had herd immunity, but that wouldn't apply to the rest of the country.
    I'll answer my own question. Stats per country as of October 19th. I don't get what's going on in Sweden. Weren't they supposed to be the success story? I also don't know why Belgium is always way up there.

Still, as I said, the death rate is still flat, I think.
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...pe-by-country/

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

("good") allele for rs10490770 is 'T', and the minor/risk allele is 'C'.

In SNPedia, those alleles are reported in accordance with the original orientation in dbSNP, and are therefore 'A' and 'G', respectively.

https://www.snpedia.com/index.php/Rs10490770

... AncestryDNA RawData, ... at DNA.land :)

Ethnic group
    Italian

I just found out that neighbors of mine from my old house who had moved to Florida partly to escape from Covid have both died of it. She was the first to get ill and was 78. He died today; he was 82.

I'm really shocked. I don't know their intimate health history, but they both seemed very fit. I can't believe they wouldn't have worn masks. I do know they lived in a hi-rise, so perhaps that was it? And here I am with workmen in and out of the house.

Whatever I can get done in the next two weeks, fine. After that, I batten down the hatches for the late fall and winter.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2-M223
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H2A3

Ethnic group
    Italian-Siicly-South

("good") allele for rs10490770 is 'T', and the minor/risk allele is 'C'.

In SNPedia, those alleles are reported in accordance with the original orientation in dbSNP, and are therefore 'A' and 'G', respectively.

https://www.snpedia.com/index.php/Rs10490770

... AncestryDNA RawData, ... at DNA.land :)

Thanks for that information Salento, I checked my SNP rs10490770 and I am TT on that one.

5.6 millions have recovered from COVID-19 and only 1 has been reinfected in US. The probability and ratio does not fit well given that 5 of 370 million got infected and only 1 out of 5 million got reinfected.
    I doubt those reinfections are true as in it is more complicated than that. Maybe those people never had it to began with. Or maybe the truth is too ugly to be accepted.

Tonight my brother tells me that an acquaintance of his has just passed the virus. Five known people from the same environment meet to eat at the house of one of them and 3 out of 5 are infected. Those infected lost their sense of palate and have passed the virus without complications.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-M269 (LDNA)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a1b

Ethnic group
    Thracian

Well it seems that a large WHO study found that remdesivir is basically useless against covid-19.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2020...t-doesnt-work/

The virus cases have repeaked in October in all of the European countries that I checked and most likely in all of Europe.

Ethnic group
    Italian

I'd be interested in seeing graphs showing what is happening in terms of the death rate. Is it also rising or is it flat?

Ethnic group
    Lithuanian

I think, lesser death rate might be also due to more widespread testing.