:unsure:

i am thinking,

My sister bought 2 small dehumidifier with ionize ability,
1 vapor sanitizer
1 vacuum with ability to make 'biological cleaning' on textiles

and she is in mania to 'sterilize home'

does this will work?
especially the choice of dehumidifier,

I'm sure they do something to the air because I start sneezing on and off for a couple of minutes, 5/10 minutes after I turn them on :) ... weird, but it’s true.

I have a variety of ion-emitting devices ... I think they work.

I'm sure they do something to the air because I start sneezing on and off for a couple of minutes, 5/10 minutes after I turn them on :) ... weird, but it’s true.

I have a variety of ion-emitting devices ... I think they work.

You probably already have done this but you need to clean them once in a while.

United Front groups in Canada helped Beijing stockpile coronavirus safety supplies

In mid-January, Chinese consulates in Canada and worldwide issued an urgent call. China was concerned that the new coronavirus raging in Wuhan was so deadly and infectious that its nurses and doctors would run out of safety supplies.
It needed personal protective equipment (PPE).
In just six weeks, China imported 2.5 billion pieces of epidemic safety equipment, including over two billion safety masks, Chinese government data shows.
And this raises big concerns on a number of fronts, say critics, including Conservative MP Erin O’Toole.
China was evidently hiding the extent of a pandemic that endangered the world while covertly securing PPE at low prices. This “surreptitious” operation left “the world naked with no supply of PPE,” Jorge Guajardo, Mexico’s former ambassador to Beijing, told Global News.

The result: starting in March, after COVID-19 had circled the globe, countries that provided masks to China in January and February were forced to compete for China’s supply.
By late January, sources in manufacturing and military circles were warning western governments that China seemed to be covertly seizing global PPE supply, O’Toole and Guajardo said.
But leaders in Canada didn’t act, according to O’Toole.
“One source told me in January it became well-known amongst military and emergency services that China was stockpiling masks and basically buying out as many quantities as it could,” he said in an interview with Global News. “And we know, … that senior officials, in the end of January and the early days of February, are equally aware at Public Works Canada, with respect to a run on PPEs.”
An investigation by Global News examines the troubling methods and underground actors used by Beijing to quietly corner the world’s supply of PPE in a state-level operation.
China used diplomatic channels, state-owned businesses and Chinese diaspora community associations that are thought to be increasingly under the influence of Chinese President Xi Jinping’s powerful United Front Work Department (UFWD).
And through clandestine United Front networks run out of Chinese consulates in cities from Vancouver to Toronto to New York to Melbourne to Tokyo, the Communist Party urged millions of “overseas Chinese” to bulk-buy N95 masks in order to ship “back batches of scarce supplies for the motherland.”
consulates where United Front officials are embedded.

march-2020-gov-china-customs-1.jpg

https://globalnews.ca/news/6858818/...d-front-canada-protective-equipment-shortage/

It's a January. Gengiskan threw dead body into castle?
Corona the Gengiskan...

You probably already have done this but you need to clean them once in a while.

maybe all the micro zapping/sparking in the air itch my nose,

... or once the air particles get ZAPPED they get attracted by my big Melon (I could become the Ground the particle gets attracted to) :)

United Front groups in Canada helped Beijing stockpile coronavirus safety supplies

consulates where United Front officials are embedded.

march-2020-gov-china-customs-1.jpg

https://globalnews.ca/news/6858818/...d-front-canada-protective-equipment-shortage/

It's a January. Gengiskan threw dead body into castle?
Corona the Gengiskan...

They did remember that Trump send 18tons of equipment to China in February, right? So did a lot of other countries including Italy. There is a rumor circulating that China made Italy buy back the same supplies that Italy had donated to China.

That does not mean that China did not scour the earth to secure supplies surreptitiously. Of course they did. The problem is what the hell was the US and Europe doing?

Nature adapts:

Deprived of the juicy scraps left by bars and restaurants that they normally gorge on, Rome's notoriously aggressive seagulls have become cold-blooded killers.

Two months into Italy’s lockdown and with trattorias and cafes all closed, the big gulls are now killing rats and pigeons on the mean streets of the capital.
“They are going back to being predators,” said Bruno Cignini, a zoologist from the capital’s Rome University Tor Vergata.
“They are catching mostly pigeons but also swallows and black birds. They’re also going after fish in the Tiber. Luckily, they are also eating rats. Animals are changing their habits as we change ours,” he told Corriere della Sera newspaper.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/01/seagulls-rome-take-killing-rats-pigeons-lockdown-deprives-food/

It's only been two to three months and wild animals are already roaming our cities. A deer is cute; a coyote or a wild boar not so much. :)

5EY strikes again,

lets see what they have

The déjà-vu virus? by Dominique Moisi

Paris – the covid-19 pandemic is accelerating three fundamental geopolitical trends: the rise of asia, the decline of the united states, and the strengthening of germany within europe. combined, these shifts may well prefigure the world of 2030. but, before then, political leaders must overcome the current crisis – and not repeat the catastrophic errors of a century ago.

A century ago, in the immediate aftermath of world war i and the devastating spanish flu pandemic, political leaders proved incapable of finding the right answers to the huge challenges they faced. as a result, the world fell first into the great depression and then into world war ii.

First Russia was going to overtake the U.S., then Japan, then and always, China.

Japan is an efficient country which makes good products, but their system has seen them treading water for a decade or more.

Russia, and now, we discover, China, are like the gang that couldn't shoot straight. Paper tigers, or Potemkin villages, which behind the facade can't invent anything, and when they copy do a lousy job of it.

Never count the U.S. out. The world learned that in WW1, WW2, and the Cold War. They shouldn't need to learn it again.

The founding fathers established a system which has amazing resilience politically, and the optimism and capacity for innovation of the American people should never be discounted. It may get messy at times, but eventually it works out.

First Russia was going to overtake the U.S., then Japan, then and always, China.

Japan is an efficient country which makes good products, but their system has seen them treading water for a decade or more.

Russia, and now, we discover, China, are like the gang that couldn't shoot straight. Paper tigers, or Potemkin villages, which behind the facade can't invent anything, and when they copy do a lousy job of it.

Never count the U.S. out. The world learned that in WW1, WW2, and the Cold War. They shouldn't need to learn it again.

The founding fathers established a system which has amazing resilience politically, and the optimism and capacity for innovation of the American people should never be discounted. It may get messy at times, but eventually it works out.

Agreed.

But to concentrate on a positive aspect of Covid 19... have any of you looked at the sky lately? Unfortunately traffic has picked up over the two days where I'm at, and so the views have been slightly impacted... but everything is so more bright and cheery looking because of reduced auto emissions (and less airplane pollution well). Shadows on ground are also very sharp.

Global warming doesn't scare me as much as Global Dimming. Enjoy the clear skies while you can!

the world is becoming a world for stars and smart entrepreneurs
stardom is everywhere, they are above the common people ; they can do whatever they like, they are seldom ciriticised even when they demonstrate their own immense stupidity
smart entrepreneurs are wellcomed in the US ; it is a bonus for the US economy as a whole ; how much common citizens benefit from this is questionable

Never say never,
as for historical great empires, they die from within,
a new religion, a PANDEMIA, etc etc,

USA had tremendous resources, newly mostly Protestant (other kind of Capitalism than Catholics and Orthodox) settlers for centuries,
fresh ideas, away from European Nobility,
eliminate easy the local natives,
it was expected to 'rule' the world,

Same could be for Australia, But stay at Elizabethian rythm and culture until very late.
and is more isolated,

As for S America, I never could understand what happened there,
someone would expect more from that Continent,
maybe the fate of South Hemisphaere of planet,

a Pandemia could change a lot in world,
remember ancient empires, and great cities.

and this has nothing to with my will, or sentiments,

South America is rife with corruption.

Gross, I know, but this is a paper on covid virus concentrations from toilet flushing.

Supposedly, it can hang around in the air for up to three hours, so anyone entering the bathroom after that might inhale it. I wonder if spread then through the air ducts is possible, which could partly explain some of the spread in ships, apartment buildings, etc., although the paper is focused on hospitals and nursing homes.

A lot of patients in nursing homes, in particular, are incontinent, and there could be transmission to the staff even more directly than through the toilet flushing.

When this is more under control they're going to have to totally revamp sanitation procedures in care homes, but even in hospitals. Even hospital staff, who should be even better trained, are lax as hell from my experience in them. After one procedure, well, I won't go into the gory details, but I told the nurses aide not even to think about touching me until she disinfected her hands and then put on sterile gloves. Otherwise, I'd apply the ointment myself, thank you very much. And this was a university teaching hospital.

As for nursing homes, both the patients and the staff have to be better protected by the staff wearing face masks and gloves if need be when tending to the patients.

See:
"Particle concentrations measured before and after the flush were found to be significantly different (0.3–10 μm). Bioaerosol concentrations when flushing fecal waste were found to be significantly greater than background concentrations (p-value = 0.005). However, the bioaerosol concentrations were not different across time (p-value = 0.977) or distance (p-value = 0.911) from the toilet, suggesting that aerosols generated may remain for longer than 30 min post flush. Toilets produce aerosol particles when flushed, with the majority of the particles being 0.3 μm in diameter. The particles aerosolized include microorganisms remaining from previous use or from fecal wastes. Differences in bioaerosol concentrations across conditions also suggest that toilet flushing is a source of bioaerosols that may result in transmission of pathogenic microorganisms.[h=3]Conclusions[/h]This study is the first to quantify particles and bioaerosols produced from flushing a hospital toilet during routine patient care. Future studies are needed targeting pathogens associated with gastrointestinal illness and evaluating aerosol exposure reduction interventions."
https://aricjournal.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13756-018-0301-9#Sec9

Why are we having outbreaks in meatpacking plants?

"Meatpacking is dangerous, has cuts, bruises, and abrasions. “Very turbulent air conditions” often prevail, and steam can be present too. One old observational study concluded that workers have higher cancer risk, possibly from contact w animal viruses. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.100"

I see the government has made them stay open, and I get it; they're afraid of food shortages.

However, they have to protect these people. They need to be suited up like medical staff if necessary. They can't be sacrificed like this for the rest of us.

Low quality N95 masks, and I mean really low quality, have infiltrated the U.S. market. We know where most of them came from, right?

"[FONT=&quot]Recent tests by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health found that about 60% of 67 different types of imported masks tested allowed in more tiny particles in at least one sample than U.S. standards normally permit.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
One mask, sold in packaging bearing unauthorized Food and Drug Administration logos, filtered out as little as 35% of particles. Another, marked KN95, a Chinese standard similar to N95, had one sample test below 15%, far short of the 95% it advertised, Niosh said. KN95 and N95 both refer to standards that call for masks to block 95% of very small particles."

"Another issue identified by Niosh: Most of the samples it tested used ear loops to secure them to the head, while all Niosh-approved masks have headbands to ensure a tighter fit. A tight fit is important to keep out tiny droplets that may contain the coronavirus, especially because N95s are typically used by health-care workers facing direct exposure.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The FDA, in an emergency move in response to the pandemic, has allowed the import and use of N95-style masks that are certified under some foreign standards including China’s. Many of these foreign masks are allowed to use ear loops."

One of these Chinese companies is called Dasheng, so beware.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/low-quality-masks-infiltrate-u-s-coronavirus-supply/ar-BB13xHSO[/FONT]

^^We bought washable cloth-masks from a small U.S. business, that has changable Hepa filters. We bought enough filters for the next 18-months... Hopefully, we won't need them for that long, or longer!

@Jovialis can you tell us or can you PM me the name of the company?

This thread has been viewed 696534 times.

Back