Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3474828384
Results 2,076 to 2,080 of 2080

Thread: New Coronavirus in China

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    Johnson and Johnson are coming out with a one shot vaccine in March.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/13/covi...-response.html
    Good thing, since there are reports of people getting serious disease after the first shot.

Dagne raised an interesting point, though; do any of them actually prevent infection or just lessen disease, i.e. make it asymptomatic. If that's the case you could still spread it on. Then, of course, there's the third variant, which antibodies don't seem to touch.

"Asymptomatically infected people typically produce virus at lower levels. Though there is not a perfect relationship, usually more virus equals more disease. Therefore, vaccinated people are less likely to transmit enough virus to cause severe disease. This in turn means that the people getting infected in this situation are going to transmit less virus to the next susceptible person. This has been neatly shown experimentally using a vaccine targeting a different virus in chickens; when only part of a flock was vaccinated, unvaccinated birds still showed milder disease and produced less virus.So, while sterilising immunity is often the ultimate goal of vaccine design, it is rarely achieved. Fortunately, this hasn’t stopped many different vaccines substantially reducing the number of cases of virus infections in the past. By reducing disease levels in individuals, this also reduces virus spread through populations, and this will hopefully bring the current pandemic under control."
    https://theconversation.com/coronavi...problem-152204

The data from Israel would seem to contradict this. They have already vaccinated 21% of their population, and hope to have 60% by the middle of March. The rate of infection keeps going up even though the hospitalizations and deaths are going down quickly.

I realize it's a much smaller country, but I would hope the CDC, the Advisory Board and the Governors are getting their plans for distribution.
    Last edited by Angela; 14-01-21 at 22:39.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Ethnic group
    Italian

Just great.

Possible link between Covid 19 serious infection and early onset Parkinson's Disease. Apparently it happens to those who lose their sense of smell. It's also reported that some patients who are immunocompromised can remain ill for weeks.

https://www.jpost.com/health-science...153?draft=true

Ethnic group
    Italian

What the heck is going on in The Netherlands and Belgium. They're like the California of Europe.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

1 members found this post helpful.
    I pre-registered for the vaccine. For demographic questions, like race, and sex, I always put "Prefer not to say". I recommend that for everyone, don't let these imbecile bureaucrats make you a victim of their ignorant social-engineering policies. It shouldn't matter if you are a man, or a woman, or your race; all humans can get this disease.

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

Ethnic group
    North Sea Germanic

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    What the heck is going on in The Netherlands and Belgium. They're like the California of Europe.

Today someone has send me this:

The Dutch variant found this morning is 50 times less contagious than the regular corona variant. It appears that the corona particles go into extensive consultation before they infect someone.
    ;)

Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3474828384