Health New Coronavirus in China

Last edited:
So now they are talking about a third booster shot need to combat the new variants. This is greatly demoralizing, and frustrating to say the least.

Most people are struggling to get the first shot!

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...vaccine-maker-studying-booster-shots-n1258775

Exactly. I was on the phone today trying to book my first shot and all the computers went down! I'm getting really demoralized.

Apparently the Johnson and Johnson shot is a one time deal and works against the new variants just as well as the old variant. Maybe I should be glad I didn't get an appointment for the Pfizer one.

I received my first Pfizer shot, I feel good!

Congratulations Jovialis. I have no idea when I will be vaccinated. My mother-in-law, who is 84 years old, was vaccinated with the AstraZeneca / Oxford vaccine. My wife's first cousin, a front-line health professional who, curiously, is also my cousin on my maternal grandfather's side (maybe 3rd or 4rd degree) also wasvaccinated with AstraZenecaOxford. Three months from now, according to the laboratory's guidance, they should take the second shot.

Bad News:

Brazilian variant increases coronavirus presence 10 times in patients .

A study of genomic epidemiology by Brazilian scientists reveals that patients infected with the new variant P.1, originating in Amazonas, have a viral load 10 times greater in secretions collected by RT-PCR samples than the average seen in previous strains. In addition, this viral load is also higher in adult men and women under the age of 60.

The conclusions are contained in an article published on Friday (26) and signed by 29 researchers in the country's virology area. The document is in the prepress stage, that is, waiting for validation from international peers:

Abstract

The Northern Brazilian state of Amazonas is one of the most heavily affected country regions by the COVID-19 epidemic and experienced two exponential growing waves in early and late 2020. Through a genomic epidemiology study based on 250 SARS-CoV-2 genomes from different Amazonas municipalities sampled between March 2020 and January 2021 we revealed that the first exponential growth phase was driven mostly by the dissemination of lineage B.1.195 which was gradually replaced by lineage B.1.1.28. The second wave coincides with the emergence of the variant of concern (VOC) P.1 which evolved from a local B.1.1.28 clade in late November and rapidly replaced the parental lineage in less than two months. Our findings support that successive lineage replacements in Amazonas were driven by a complex combination of variable levels of social distancing measures and the emergence of a more transmissible VOC P.1 virus. These data provide unique insights to understanding the mechanisms that underlie the COVID-19 epidemic waves and the risk of disseminating SARS-CoV-2 VOC P.1 in Brazil and potentially worldwide.

https://www.researchsquare.com/article/rs-275494/v1

Congratulations Jovialis. I have no idea when I will be vaccinated. My mother-in-law, who is 84 years old, was vaccinated with the AstraZeneca / Oxford vaccine. My wife's first cousin, a front-line health professional who, curiously, is also my cousin on my maternal grandfather's side (maybe 3rd or 4rd degree) also wasvaccinated with AstraZenecaOxford. Three months from now, according to the laboratory's guidance, they should take the second shot.

Best of luck! I hope you get it soon.

Edit:

Those who survived COVID do not need the vaccine for now, they’re already immune and they can wait a little longer.

Last edited:
God hear you dear friend Salento. I hope I may be immune because I've been infected before. The Brazilian variant is very aggressive and I will not deny that I am afraid of being infected again.

God hear you dear friend Salento. I hope I may be immune because I've been infected before. The Brazilian variant is very aggressive and I will not deny that I am afraid of being infected again.

Duarte/Salento/Jovialis: How is everyone? I was fortunate to get my first COVID-19 shot (Pfizer version). My wife is a school teacher so they were on the list and she called and mentioned what I do and they noted they have some people who cancelled and had shots and they needed to give all of them. So She set me up and said get my a....... over there and get the shot. I said yes Dear and complied:grin:

You all stay safe. Hope you can get the Covid-19 shot soon.

Duarte/Salento/Jovialis: How is everyone? I was fortunate to get my first COVID-19 shot (Pfizer version). My wife is a school teacher so they were on the list and she called and mentioned what I do and they noted they have some people who cancelled and had shots and they needed to give all of them. So She set me up and said get my a....... over there and get the shot. I said yes Dear and complied:grin:

Congratulations to you and your wife PTrapani. Thank you for the kindness. I'm here waiting for my first shot, which I don't know when it will come. But I'm fine and I don't lose my optimism.(y):)

I’m alright, ... thank you,

... I guess you all need a second shot.

It’s still too early for me, I can’t even apply yet, ... maybe in the Spring.

... new light bulb Technology:

switch on - normal light
switch off and on again - “Near-UV Light

... it doesn’t harm people, but it takes much longer to sterilize:

XKhZwau.jpg

... I've been tested for Covid three times, ... always negative.

Every time after I spent time around people (not by choice) who were OK the day before, but tested positive the day after.

before I knew it, I even gave a ride to one of them (family) for over an hour, ... no mask.

... either I got lucky, or I've already had COVID at some point and I didn’t notice, ... who knows :)

Edit:

Those who survived COVID do not need the vaccine for now, they’re already immune and they can wait a little longer.

The Italian Government agrees with me,
... vaccinating people that had Covid-19 and are OK, are not a priority and they are going to get one shot only.

... Vaccines, Italy Health Department gives the go ahead to a Single Dose for those who had COVID and Recovered..

... in Italian:
https://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/2..._unica_per_chi_e_guarito_dal_covid-290178046/

My first shot is tomorrow. I sure hope it works against the Brazilian/South African variant, because it has apparently showed up in NYC, where it's a mess because DiBlasio is a moron, and Cuomo is battling sexual harassment charges.

I always said, when it was Republicans being charged, prove it in court, because some women do indeed lie, and I'm not going to change now because he's a Democrat and he screwed up the nursing homes.

Now I'll say something really controversial. When I started working professionally there were few women in my particular branch of my profession. What these women are complaining about is mild compared to things that were said to me. Was it right? No. Did I dissolve into a quivering mound of jello? No, I didn't.

Pretend you don't understand (which often enough I didn't), treat it as a joke, ask what he thinks your husband, partner, boyfriend would think about it, threaten to use your four inch heels to good effect if he doesn't understand "no", and if all that fails, and particularly if he's your boss and might retaliate, record the damn conversation, tell him about it, and tell him it will be sent where it does the most harm if it doesn't stop. If all else fails take the damn tape to HR.

Do you really need to turn into a blubbering mess and go into therapy over somebody asking you to have sex with him, or talking about sexual acts? This is how some men are, more than you might think if you "invade" what they consider their natural habitat or they perceive you as vulnerable. So, don't appear vulnerable, no matter how it might upset you.

I'm sure this will give me a reputation for being hard hearted, but honestly, when you've seen real victims of rape and sexual violence, you have less patience for this sort of stuff. Stand up for yourself.

Tomorrow will be a day of joy for you Angela. Everything will be fine and you will be immunized.

This thread has been viewed 692623 times.

Back