Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 86 of 89 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 2218

Thread: New Coronavirus in China

  1. #2126
    Regular Member Duarte's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-01-19
    Location
    Belo Horizonte
    Posts
    2,034

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27-FGC35133

    Ethnic group
    Portuguese-Brazilian
    Country: Brazil



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Bad News:

    Brazilian variant increases coronavirus presence 10 times in patients .

    A study of genomic epidemiology by Brazilian scientists reveals that patients infected with the new variant P.1, originating in Amazonas, have a viral load 10 times greater in secretions collected by RT-PCR samples than the average seen in previous strains. In addition, this viral load is also higher in adult men and women under the age of 60.

    The conclusions are contained in an article published on Friday (26) and signed by 29 researchers in the country's virology area. The document is in the prepress stage, that is, waiting for validation from international peers:


    Abstract



    The Northern Brazilian state of Amazonas is one of the most heavily affected country regions by the COVID-19 epidemic and experienced two exponential growing waves in early and late 2020. Through a genomic epidemiology study based on 250 SARS-CoV-2 genomes from different Amazonas municipalities sampled between March 2020 and January 2021 we revealed that the first exponential growth phase was driven mostly by the dissemination of lineage B.1.195 which was gradually replaced by lineage B.1.1.28. The second wave coincides with the emergence of the variant of concern (VOC) P.1 which evolved from a local B.1.1.28 clade in late November and rapidly replaced the parental lineage in less than two months. Our findings support that successive lineage replacements in Amazonas were driven by a complex combination of variable levels of social distancing measures and the emergence of a more transmissible VOC P.1 virus. These data provide unique insights to understanding the mechanisms that underlie the COVID-19 epidemic waves and the risk of disseminating SARS-CoV-2 VOC P.1 in Brazil and potentially worldwide.

    https://www.researchsquare.com/article/rs-275494/v1


  2. #2127
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    5,524

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    (R1b-F1794) R-M269
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duarte View Post
    Congratulations Jovialis. I have no idea when I will be vaccinated. My mother-in-law, who is 84 years old, was vaccinated with the AstraZeneca / Oxford vaccine. My wife's first cousin, a front-line health professional who, curiously, is also my cousin on my maternal grandfather's side (maybe 3rd or 4rd degree) also wasvaccinated with AstraZenecaOxford. Three months from now, according to the laboratory's guidance, they should take the second shot.
    Best of luck! I hope you get it soon.

  3. #2128
    Regular Member Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    4,882

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Edit:

    Those who survived COVID do not need the vaccine for now, they’re already immune and they can wait a little longer.
    Last edited by Salento; 28-02-21 at 16:59.

  4. #2129
    Regular Member Duarte's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-01-19
    Location
    Belo Horizonte
    Posts
    2,034

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27-FGC35133

    Ethnic group
    Portuguese-Brazilian
    Country: Brazil



    1 members found this post helpful.
    God hear you dear friend Salento. I hope I may be immune because I've been infected before. The Brazilian variant is very aggressive and I will not deny that I am afraid of being infected again.

  5. #2130
    Elite member
    Join Date
    23-02-15
    Location
    Groningen
    Posts
    1,149

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

    Ethnic group
    North Sea Germanic
    Country: Netherlands



    2 members found this post helpful.
    The latest COVID-19 Vaccine roll-out EU overview:


  6. #2131
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    5,524

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    (R1b-F1794) R-M269
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Thank God!

    Johnson & Johnson Will Run COVID Vaccine Trials on Infants

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/nymag.c...n-infants.html

  7. #2132
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    10-05-19
    Posts
    945

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2-M223
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H2A3

    Ethnic group
    Italian-Siicly-South
    Country: United States



    2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duarte View Post
    God hear you dear friend Salento. I hope I may be immune because I've been infected before. The Brazilian variant is very aggressive and I will not deny that I am afraid of being infected again.
    Duarte/Salento/Jovialis: How is everyone? I was fortunate to get my first COVID-19 shot (Pfizer version). My wife is a school teacher so they were on the list and she called and mentioned what I do and they noted they have some people who cancelled and had shots and they needed to give all of them. So She set me up and said get my a....... over there and get the shot. I said yes Dear and complied

    You all stay safe. Hope you can get the Covid-19 shot soon.

  8. #2133
    Regular Member Duarte's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-01-19
    Location
    Belo Horizonte
    Posts
    2,034

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27-FGC35133

    Ethnic group
    Portuguese-Brazilian
    Country: Brazil



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palermo Trapani View Post
    Duarte/Salento/Jovialis: How is everyone? I was fortunate to get my first COVID-19 shot (Pfizer version). My wife is a school teacher so they were on the list and she called and mentioned what I do and they noted they have some people who cancelled and had shots and they needed to give all of them. So She set me up and said get my a....... over there and get the shot. I said yes Dear and complied

    You all stay safe. Hope you can get the Covid-19 shot soon.
    Congratulations to you and your wife PTrapani. Thank you for the kindness. I'm here waiting for my first shot, which I don't know when it will come. But I'm fine and I don't lose my optimism.

  9. #2134
    Regular Member Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    4,882

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palermo Trapani View Post
    Duarte/Salento/Jovialis: How is everyone? I was fortunate to get my first COVID-19 shot (Pfizer version). My wife is a school teacher so they were on the list and she called and mentioned what I do and they noted they have some people who cancelled and had shots and they needed to give all of them. So She set me up and said get my a....... over there and get the shot. I said yes Dear and complied

    You all stay safe. Hope you can get the Covid-19 shot soon.
    I’m alright, ... thank you,

    ... I guess you all need a second shot.

    It’s still too early for me, I can’t even apply yet, ... maybe in the Spring.

    ... new light bulb Technology:

    switch on - normal light
    switch off and on again - “Near-UV Light

    ... it doesn’t harm people, but it takes much longer to sterilize:


  10. #2135
    Regular Member Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    4,882

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    ... I've been tested for Covid three times, ... always negative.

    Every time after I spent time around people (not by choice) who were OK the day before, but tested positive the day after.

    before I knew it, I even gave a ride to one of them (family) for over an hour, ... no mask.

    ... either I got lucky, or I've already had COVID at some point and I didn’t notice, ... who knows :)

  11. #2136
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    5,524

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    (R1b-F1794) R-M269
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.

  12. #2137
    Regular Member Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    4,882

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    Edit:

    Those who survived COVID do not need the vaccine for now, they’re already immune and they can wait a little longer.
    The Italian Government agrees with me,
    ... vaccinating people that had Covid-19 and are OK, are not a priority and they are going to get one shot only.

    ... Vaccines, Italy Health Department gives the go ahead to a Single Dose for those who had COVID and Recovered..


    ... in Italian:
    https://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/20...vid-290178046/

  13. #2138
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,248


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    5 members found this post helpful.
    My first shot is tomorrow. I sure hope it works against the Brazilian/South African variant, because it has apparently showed up in NYC, where it's a mess because DiBlasio is a moron, and Cuomo is battling sexual harassment charges.

    I always said, when it was Republicans being charged, prove it in court, because some women do indeed lie, and I'm not going to change now because he's a Democrat and he screwed up the nursing homes.

    Now I'll say something really controversial. When I started working professionally there were few women in my particular branch of my profession. What these women are complaining about is mild compared to things that were said to me. Was it right? No. Did I dissolve into a quivering mound of jello? No, I didn't.

    Pretend you don't understand (which often enough I didn't), treat it as a joke, ask what he thinks your husband, partner, boyfriend would think about it, threaten to use your four inch heels to good effect if he doesn't understand "no", and if all that fails, and particularly if he's your boss and might retaliate, record the damn conversation, tell him about it, and tell him it will be sent where it does the most harm if it doesn't stop. If all else fails take the damn tape to HR.

    Do you really need to turn into a blubbering mess and go into therapy over somebody asking you to have sex with him, or talking about sexual acts? This is how some men are, more than you might think if you "invade" what they consider their natural habitat or they perceive you as vulnerable. So, don't appear vulnerable, no matter how it might upset you.

    I'm sure this will give me a reputation for being hard hearted, but honestly, when you've seen real victims of rape and sexual violence, you have less patience for this sort of stuff. Stand up for yourself.


    Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

  14. #2139
    Regular Member Duarte's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-01-19
    Location
    Belo Horizonte
    Posts
    2,034

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27-FGC35133

    Ethnic group
    Portuguese-Brazilian
    Country: Brazil



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Tomorrow will be a day of joy for you Angela. Everything will be fine and you will be immunized.

  15. #2140
    Banned
    Join Date
    04-12-19
    Posts
    15


    Country: Romania



    . lol

  16. #2141
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,248


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    3 members found this post helpful.
    Had my shot yesterday; it was the Moderna one. No reaction at all.

    It was held at the university hospital center and was a marvel of good planning and efficiency, I must say, with dozens of health workers to move you through the process quickly.

    I'm already booked for the second one.

    What was a little concerning was that the tech who dismissed me suggested that I not wear just a cloth mask. In fact, she said the recommendation of the doctors there was to wear a surgical mask and then a cloth mask over it to anchor it more tightly to the face. I asked if that was the recommendation even after the second shot, and she said it depended on whether the Brazilian strain became a problem. I was concerned, and she said all the research so far indicates even if you get the Brazilian strain, if you have been vaccinated, you may get it and feel sick, but you won't be hospitalized or die from it.

    I suppose that's some comfort, but I confess that I was disappointed that this won't be over just because I get the vaccine.

  17. #2142
    Regular Member Duarte's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-01-19
    Location
    Belo Horizonte
    Posts
    2,034

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27-FGC35133

    Ethnic group
    Portuguese-Brazilian
    Country: Brazil



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Had my shot yesterday; it was the Moderna one. No reaction at all.

    It was held at the university hospital center and was a marvel of good planning and efficiency, I must say, with dozens of health workers to move you through the process quickly.

    I'm already booked for the second one.

    What was a little concerning was that the tech who dismissed me suggested that I not wear just a cloth mask. In fact, she said the recommendation of the doctors there was to wear a surgical mask and then a cloth mask over it to anchor it more tightly to the face. I asked if that was the recommendation even after the second shot, and she said it depended on whether the Brazilian strain became a problem. I was concerned, and she said all the research so far indicates even if you get the Brazilian strain, if you have been vaccinated, you may get it and feel sick, but you won't be hospitalized or die from it.

    I suppose that's some comfort, but I confess that I was disappointed that this won't be over just because I get the vaccine.
    Congratulations Angela. It will be all right, God willing. Bolsonaro, with the denial of the pandemic and also of the efficiency of the vaccines, saying, for example, that people could have adverse reactions such as humans turning into alligators, women with a beard and men with a thin voice. He saying that the lockdown is small talk and that those who stay at home are sissies, managed to delay vaccination and turned the country into a great laboratory for viral culture. New strains that are emerging in Brazil, thanks to the uncontrolled circulation of the virus, are already so aggressive that they are contaminating children who are also demanding pediatric ICU beds. He is an outcast, he rules with outcasts, he transformed Brazil into a country of outcasts.

  18. #2143
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,248


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duarte View Post
    Congratulations Angela. It will be all right, God willing. Bolsonaro, with the denial of the pandemic and also of the efficiency of the vaccines, saying, for example, that people could have adverse reactions such as humans turning into alligators, women with a beard and men with a thin voice. He saying that the lockdown is small talk and that those who stay at home are sissies, managed to delay vaccination and turned the country into a great laboratory for viral culture. New strains that are emerging in Brazil, thanks to the uncontrolled circulation of the virus, are already so aggressive that they are contaminating children who are also demanding pediatric ICU beds. He is an outcast, he rules with outcasts, he transformed Brazil into a country of outcasts.
    I'm so sorry, Duarte; I didn't want you to feel badly. It's just what it's called.

    What is annoying is that they gave us all that happy talk about how mutations in most case make a virus less harmful. Guess not.

  19. #2144
    Regular Member Regio X's Avatar
    Join Date
    12-03-14
    Posts
    1,032


    Country: Italy



    1 members found this post helpful.
    See:
    Strong T-cell response is good news for battle against Covid variants
    https://www.ft.com/content/16a2bea8-457e-4d7d-9f5b-15b31ddd89c0

    If you don't manage to access it, please try https://t.co/8FqSkYUSG8

  20. #2145
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    5,524

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    (R1b-F1794) R-M269
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States


  21. #2146
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,248


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Covid and correlation with high pollen counts

    See:
    https://www.pnas.org/content/118/12/e2019034118

    "Significance

    Coexposure to airborne pollen enhances susceptibility to respiratory viral infections, regardless of the allergy status. We hypothesized this could be also true for SARS-CoV-2 infections. To investigate this, we tested for relationships between SARS-CoV-2 infection rates and pollen concentrations, along with humidity, temperature, population density, and lockdown effects. Our unique dataset derives from 130 sites in 31 countries and across five continents. We found that pollen, sometimes in synergy with humidity and temperature, explained, on average, 44% of the infection rate variability. Lockdown halved infection rates under similar pollen concentrations. As we cannot completely avoid pollen exposure, we suggest wide dissemination of pollen−virus coexposure information to encourage high-risk individuals to wear particle filter masks during high springtime pollen concentrations.

    Abstract

    Pollen exposure weakens the immunity against certain seasonal respiratory viruses by diminishing the antiviral interferon response. Here we investigate whether the same applies to the pandemic severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), which is sensitive to antiviral interferons, if infection waves coincide with high airborne pollen concentrations. Our original hypothesis was that more airborne pollen would lead to increases in infection rates. To examine this, we performed a cross-sectional and longitudinal data analysis on SARS-CoV-2 infection, airborne pollen, and meteorological factors. Our dataset is the most comprehensive, largest possible worldwide from 130 stations, across 31 countries and five continents. To explicitly investigate the effects of social contact, we additionally considered population density of each study area, as well as lockdown effects, in all possible combinations: without any lockdown, with mixed lockdown−no lockdown regime, and under complete lockdown. We found that airborne pollen, sometimes in synergy with humidity and temperature, explained, on average, 44% of the infection rate variability. Infection rates increased after higher pollen concentrations most frequently during the four previous days. Without lockdown, an increase of pollen abundance by 100 pollen/m3 resulted in a 4% average increase of infection rates. Lockdown halved infection rates under similar pollen concentrations. As there can be no preventive measures against airborne pollen exposure, we suggest wide dissemination of pollen−virus coexposure dire effect information to encourage high-risk individuals to wear particle filter masks during high springtime pollen concentrations."

  22. #2147
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    5,524

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    (R1b-F1794) R-M269
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    2 members found this post helpful.
    I just received my second dose of Pfizer. In two weeks I will be considered fully-vaccinated.

  23. #2148
    Regular Member Duarte's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-01-19
    Location
    Belo Horizonte
    Posts
    2,034

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27-FGC35133

    Ethnic group
    Portuguese-Brazilian
    Country: Brazil



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    I just received my second dose of Pfizer. In two weeks I will be considered fully-vaccinated.
    Nice Congratulations Jovialis

  24. #2149
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    5,524

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    (R1b-F1794) R-M269
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Thanks! I felt no side effects.

  25. #2150
    Dominique_NUit
    Join Date
    02-05-17
    Posts
    126

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a2b--PF6863
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV16

    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Covid and correlation with high pollen counts

    See:
    https://www.pnas.org/content/118/12/e2019034118

    "Significance

    Coexposure to airborne pollen enhances susceptibility to respiratory viral infections, regardless of the allergy status. We hypothesized this could be also true for SARS-CoV-2 infections. To investigate this, we tested for relationships between SARS-CoV-2 infection rates and pollen concentrations, along with humidity, temperature, population density, and lockdown effects. Our unique dataset derives from 130 sites in 31 countries and across five continents. We found that pollen, sometimes in synergy with humidity and temperature, explained, on average, 44% of the infection rate variability. Lockdown halved infection rates under similar pollen concentrations. As we cannot completely avoid pollen exposure, we suggest wide dissemination of pollen−virus coexposure information to encourage high-risk individuals to wear particle filter masks during high springtime pollen concentrations.

    Abstract

    Pollen exposure weakens the immunity against certain seasonal respiratory viruses by diminishing the antiviral interferon response. Here we investigate whether the same applies to the pandemic severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), which is sensitive to antiviral interferons, if infection waves coincide with high airborne pollen concentrations. Our original hypothesis was that more airborne pollen would lead to increases in infection rates. To examine this, we performed a cross-sectional and longitudinal data analysis on SARS-CoV-2 infection, airborne pollen, and meteorological factors. Our dataset is the most comprehensive, largest possible worldwide from 130 stations, across 31 countries and five continents. To explicitly investigate the effects of social contact, we additionally considered population density of each study area, as well as lockdown effects, in all possible combinations: without any lockdown, with mixed lockdown−no lockdown regime, and under complete lockdown. We found that airborne pollen, sometimes in synergy with humidity and temperature, explained, on average, 44% of the infection rate variability. Infection rates increased after higher pollen concentrations most frequently during the four previous days. Without lockdown, an increase of pollen abundance by 100 pollen/m3 resulted in a 4% average increase of infection rates. Lockdown halved infection rates under similar pollen concentrations. As there can be no preventive measures against airborne pollen exposure, we suggest wide dissemination of pollen−virus coexposure dire effect information to encourage high-risk individuals to wear particle filter masks during high springtime pollen concentrations."
    Sounds like ultra corrupt science to me.

Page 86 of 89 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •