Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4080888990
Results 2,226 to 2,242 of 2242

Thread: New Coronavirus in China

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27/R-Y45921

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Only fair to report that although I'm triple vaxed I came down with Covid. My husband got it first. Although we tried very hard to isolate, I suppose it was inevitable that I would get it.

Unfortunately, I seem to be sicker than he is, particularly in that my cough and chest pain is worse.

Oh well, I just have to try to ride it out.

I hope none of you get it. It's hell.
    I hope you get better soon, Angela. My wife and I went to Rio de Janeiro to spend New Year's Eve with friends. I stayed there from 12/28/2021 to 01/04/2022. Still in Rio, I started to feel sore throat on day 1 of new year. We did the antigen test for covid and influenza A and B, on day 5 here in Belo Horizonte. Influenza negative and covid positive. My wife is fine but I still feel a slight tightness in my throat. She and I have already had 3 doses of the anti-covid vaccine. My son's test was negative for everything. He's been at his girlfriend's house since last Friday.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

I’m sorry to hear this Angela. I hope you and your husband are feeling better soon. It does seem inevitable that will all get it at some point!

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

It seems that the new variant (omicron) may not be detected as accurately by the in home nasal swab tests ... after testing Negative, some people are getting a positive result after swabbing throat instead.

Ethnic group
    Italian

3 members found this post helpful.
    Thank you for your good wishes, guys. :)

@Duarte, it's the sore throat and the chest pain that ae the worst. I'm just taking fruit juices, chicken soup, and Guaifenesin, and sleeping a lot.

My son came home to take care of his Dad and got it almost immediately, but he shrugged it off in two days. I'm the one who seems to be hardest hit.

Idle hands and all that...I've been on twitter. It shocks me how many people delight in the illness of people they consider their ideological "enemies". I, of all people, shouldn't be shocked by the evil in men's hearts, as they say; nevertheless, I am.

@Salento,

I think it's just too contagious for the majority of people to be able to escape it. I hope the vaccines at least lessen the severity.

I wish I had advice to offer everyone on how to avoid it, but I'm afraid I don't, because we did everything you're supposed to do.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2-M223
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H2A3

Ethnic group
    Italian-Sicily-South

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Thank you for your good wishes, guys. :)

@Duarte, it's the sore throat and the chest pain that ae the worst. I'm just taking fruit juices, chicken soup, and Guaifenesin, and sleeping a lot.

My son came home to take care of his Dad and got it almost immediately, but he shrugged it off in two days. I'm the one who seems to be hardest hit.

Idle hands and all that...I've been on twitter. It shocks me how many people delight in the illness of people they consider their ideological "enemies". I, of all people, shouldn't be shocked by the evil in men's hearts, as they say; nevertheless, I am.

@Salento,

I think it's just too contagious for the majority of people to be able to escape it. I hope the vaccines at least lessen the severity.

I wish I had advice to offer everyone on how to avoid it, but I'm afraid I don't, because we did everything you're supposed to do.
    Sorry to hear you are not feeling well Angela, well wishes to you and your family.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

All the best, Angela!

I know quite a few people who also tested positive despite being triple-vaccinated, including my parents. They had similar symptoms. To say it is spreading like wild fire, is an understatement.

May you get better soon, Angela and Duarte.

My sister-in-law just tested positive. This variant is spreading rapidly. It multiplies faster in airways, but slower in the lungs. I believe you should be ok, especially after three doses.

I got two shots already. I haven't got this thing yet, but I probably will, sooner or later.
    Last edited by Regio X; 10-01-22 at 04:18.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Duarte View Post
    I hope you get better soon, Angela. My wife and I went to Rio de Janeiro to spend New Year's Eve with friends. I stayed there from 12/28/2021 to 01/04/2022. Still in Rio, I started to feel sore throat on day 1 of new year. We did the antigen test for covid and influenza A and B, on day 5 here in Belo Horizonte. Influenza negative and covid positive. My wife is fine but I still feel a slight tightness in my throat. She and I have already had 3 doses of the anti-covid vaccine. My son's test was negative for everything. He's been at his girlfriend's house since last Friday.
    All the best to you too, Duarte!

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

@Duarte, … get better, hopefully it's milder than the first time you caught it :)

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2-M223
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H2A3

Ethnic group
    Italian-Sicily-South

Duarte: Just seeing your post, hope you as Salento stated have a much milder case, if you do have this new variant.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27/R-Y45921

@Salento @PT Thanks guys.
    This time it's much softer. Symptoms are restricted to sore throat.

I’m sorry to hear that you are not feeling well Angela, and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Ceribell View Post
    I’m sorry to hear that you are not feeling well Angela, and prayers for a speedy recovery.
    Thanks, Ceribell. I appreciate it.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1B U106 L44
    MtDNA haplogroup
    A2

Ethnic group
    Mixed , mostly Italian

2 members found this post helpful.
    Angela, Duarte. Quick recovery for both of you and your family!

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Eupedia Forum mobile app

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27/R-Y45921

Quote Originally Posted by italouruguayan View Post
    Angela, Duarte. Quick recovery for both of you and your family!

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Eupedia Forum mobile app
    Thanks Ítalo

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-L617
    MtDNA haplogroup
    W6a

Ethnic group
    Polish

It did not start in China IMHO.
    There are words which carry the presage of defeat. Defence is such a word. What is the result of an even victorious defence? The next attempt of imposing it to that weaker, defender. The attacker, despite temporary setback, feels the master of situation.

Baron

Quote Originally Posted by Tomenable View Post
    It did not start in China IMHO.
    Of course it did, and they are not being accountable for it, but what would you expect from a communist country run by someone who thinks he's a god?

-The closest relative of the initial virus are other viruses found in bats in China. Pretty much all of these coronaviruses come from China, so why would you assume differently? Does SE Asia make you happier? Maybe it's less "racist", because after all, stating facts is now racist.
    -Ground zero happens to be just in the same city as one of the largest virology labs in China who happen to study coronaviruses...hmmm makes you wonder

At best it was released as an accident, at worst...well you know the drill.

Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4080888990