Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4080888990
Results 2,226 to 2,242 of 2242

Thread: New Coronavirus in China

  1. #2226
    Regular Member Duarte's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-01-19
    Posts
    2,353

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27/R-Y45921

    Country: Brazil



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Only fair to report that although I'm triple vaxed I came down with Covid. My husband got it first. Although we tried very hard to isolate, I suppose it was inevitable that I would get it.

    Unfortunately, I seem to be sicker than he is, particularly in that my cough and chest pain is worse.

    Oh well, I just have to try to ride it out.

    I hope none of you get it. It's hell.
    I hope you get better soon, Angela. My wife and I went to Rio de Janeiro to spend New Year's Eve with friends. I stayed there from 12/28/2021 to 01/04/2022. Still in Rio, I started to feel sore throat on day 1 of new year. We did the antigen test for covid and influenza A and B, on day 5 here in Belo Horizonte. Influenza negative and covid positive. My wife is fine but I still feel a slight tightness in my throat. She and I have already had 3 doses of the anti-covid vaccine. My son's test was negative for everything. He's been at his girlfriend's house since last Friday.

  2. #2227
    Regular Member Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    5,464

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    I’m sorry to hear this Angela. I hope you and your husband are feeling better soon. It does seem inevitable that will all get it at some point!

  3. #2228
    Regular Member Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    5,464

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    It seems that the new variant (omicron) may not be detected as accurately by the in home nasal swab tests ... after testing Negative, some people are getting a positive result after swabbing throat instead.

  4. #2229
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    21,293


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    3 members found this post helpful.
    Thank you for your good wishes, guys. :)

    @Duarte, it's the sore throat and the chest pain that ae the worst. I'm just taking fruit juices, chicken soup, and Guaifenesin, and sleeping a lot.

    My son came home to take care of his Dad and got it almost immediately, but he shrugged it off in two days. I'm the one who seems to be hardest hit.

    Idle hands and all that...I've been on twitter. It shocks me how many people delight in the illness of people they consider their ideological "enemies". I, of all people, shouldn't be shocked by the evil in men's hearts, as they say; nevertheless, I am.

    @Salento,

    I think it's just too contagious for the majority of people to be able to escape it. I hope the vaccines at least lessen the severity.


    I wish I had advice to offer everyone on how to avoid it, but I'm afraid I don't, because we did everything you're supposed to do.


    Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

  5. #2230
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    10-05-19
    Posts
    1,478

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2-M223
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H2A3

    Ethnic group
    Italian-Sicily-South
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Thank you for your good wishes, guys. :)

    @Duarte, it's the sore throat and the chest pain that ae the worst. I'm just taking fruit juices, chicken soup, and Guaifenesin, and sleeping a lot.

    My son came home to take care of his Dad and got it almost immediately, but he shrugged it off in two days. I'm the one who seems to be hardest hit.

    Idle hands and all that...I've been on twitter. It shocks me how many people delight in the illness of people they consider their ideological "enemies". I, of all people, shouldn't be shocked by the evil in men's hearts, as they say; nevertheless, I am.

    @Salento,

    I think it's just too contagious for the majority of people to be able to escape it. I hope the vaccines at least lessen the severity.


    I wish I had advice to offer everyone on how to avoid it, but I'm afraid I don't, because we did everything you're supposed to do.
    Sorry to hear you are not feeling well Angela, well wishes to you and your family.

  6. #2231
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    7,614

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    All the best, Angela!

    I know quite a few people who also tested positive despite being triple-vaccinated, including my parents. They had similar symptoms. To say it is spreading like wild fire, is an understatement.

  7. #2232
    Regular Member Regio X's Avatar
    Join Date
    12-03-14
    Posts
    1,108


    Country: Italy



    1 members found this post helpful.
    May you get better soon, Angela and Duarte.

    My sister-in-law just tested positive. This variant is spreading rapidly. It multiplies faster in airways, but slower in the lungs. I believe you should be ok, especially after three doses.

    I got two shots already. I haven't got this thing yet, but I probably will, sooner or later.
    Last edited by Regio X; 10-01-22 at 04:18.

  8. #2233
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    7,614

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duarte View Post
    I hope you get better soon, Angela. My wife and I went to Rio de Janeiro to spend New Year's Eve with friends. I stayed there from 12/28/2021 to 01/04/2022. Still in Rio, I started to feel sore throat on day 1 of new year. We did the antigen test for covid and influenza A and B, on day 5 here in Belo Horizonte. Influenza negative and covid positive. My wife is fine but I still feel a slight tightness in my throat. She and I have already had 3 doses of the anti-covid vaccine. My son's test was negative for everything. He's been at his girlfriend's house since last Friday.
    All the best to you too, Duarte!

  9. #2234
    Regular Member Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    5,464

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    @Duarte, … get better, hopefully it's milder than the first time you caught it :)

  10. #2235
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    10-05-19
    Posts
    1,478

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2-M223
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H2A3

    Ethnic group
    Italian-Sicily-South
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Duarte: Just seeing your post, hope you as Salento stated have a much milder case, if you do have this new variant.

  11. #2236
    Regular Member Duarte's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-01-19
    Posts
    2,353

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27/R-Y45921

    Country: Brazil



    1 members found this post helpful.
    @Salento @PT Thanks guys.
    This time it's much softer. Symptoms are restricted to sore throat.

  12. #2237
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    13-03-21
    Posts
    39


    Country: United States



    I’m sorry to hear that you are not feeling well Angela, and prayers for a speedy recovery.

  13. #2238
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    21,293


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Ceribell View Post
    I’m sorry to hear that you are not feeling well Angela, and prayers for a speedy recovery.
    Thanks, Ceribell. I appreciate it.

  14. #2239
    Regular Member italouruguayan's Avatar
    Join Date
    21-04-17
    Location
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Posts
    362

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1B U106 L44
    MtDNA haplogroup
    A2

    Ethnic group
    Mixed , mostly Italian
    Country: Uruguay



    2 members found this post helpful.
    Angela, Duarte. Quick recovery for both of you and your family!

    Sent from my SM-G9600 using Eupedia Forum mobile app

  15. #2240
    Regular Member Duarte's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-01-19
    Posts
    2,353

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27/R-Y45921

    Country: Brazil



    Quote Originally Posted by italouruguayan View Post
    Angela, Duarte. Quick recovery for both of you and your family!

    Sent from my SM-G9600 using Eupedia Forum mobile app
    Thanks Ítalo

  16. #2241
    Elite member
    Join Date
    07-09-14
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    5,420

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-L617
    MtDNA haplogroup
    W6a

    Ethnic group
    Polish
    Country: Poland



    It did not start in China IMHO.
    There are words which carry the presage of defeat. Defence is such a word. What is the result of an even victorious defence? The next attempt of imposing it to that weaker, defender. The attacker, despite temporary setback, feels the master of situation.

  17. #2242
    Baron
    Join Date
    19-05-12
    Posts
    331


    Country: Canada



    Quote Originally Posted by Tomenable View Post
    It did not start in China IMHO.
    Of course it did, and they are not being accountable for it, but what would you expect from a communist country run by someone who thinks he's a god?

    -The closest relative of the initial virus are other viruses found in bats in China. Pretty much all of these coronaviruses come from China, so why would you assume differently? Does SE Asia make you happier? Maybe it's less "racist", because after all, stating facts is now racist.
    -Ground zero happens to be just in the same city as one of the largest virology labs in China who happen to study coronaviruses...hmmm makes you wonder

    At best it was released as an accident, at worst...well you know the drill.

Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4080888990

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •