Health New Coronavirus in China

Meanwhile the Holy flame has deported to Japan,
But nobody knows if Olympic games will be done this summer :grin:

floga-9.jpg

What a beautiful e-mail I just received:

Your jury service with the Superior Court is cancelled. Please do not report. You will not have to serve again for at least three years.

Hey, I got one of those too!

However, I'm retired and kind of looked forward to serving (keeps me off the streets). The last time out I was the foreman and I enjoyed it . . .

I was surprised by this news. I did not expect something like this: No previous pathologies. They are not saying everything, this can be even worse. Don't take it as a joke, this has come for us. The curfew has to be announced as soon as possible.

A 39-year-old civil guard dies without coronavirus and without previous pathologies

https://amp.antena3.com/noticias/sociedad/muere-coronavirus-guardia-civil-anos-patologias-previas_202003185e7223e2db29e900017f497c.html

This is Pedro Alameda, a representative of the Unified Association of Civil Guards of Madrid. He was 39 years old and leaves a little girl of five. According to the AUGC, the agent, who lacked previous pathologies, had "been admitted to hospital for several days with a severe prognosis at the Quirón de Alcorcón hospital center."

the minister collapse from much work, bravery,
some of us will collapse from locked in, but before there will be a break of violence, ugly

In his case it's obvious not bravery or mucho macho, he is 'calvinistic', the world as a burden, as task, too much responsibility on the shoulders....

the minister collapse from much work, bravery,
some of us will collapse from locked in, but before there will be a break of violence, ugly

an add: http://www.ucdenver.edu/faculty-staff/bgoodric/Pages/Protestant-Calvinist-Work-Ethic.aspx

just did a little search in a Dutch paper of today and 'catch', Bruins is the minister:
Moreover, Bruins is already "afflicted" with a great "sense of duty", his neighbors say. To illustrate: one of his three sons became a Marine. His own choice, of course, but insiders cannot escape the impression that father Bruins hammered upon discipline and social involvement in the upbringing. "Bruno now feels the responsibility of all those human lives on his shoulders," said another.

Our minister of health collapsed yesterday in parlement, burn out.....was working day and night for the last weeks......

[video]https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/coronavirus/video-2133104/Video-Dutch-Health-Minister-collapses-Parliament-coronavirus-fatigue.html[/video]

Wikipedia reports now that "By 19 March, Italy had conducted 182,777 tests for the virus". The number of patients confirmed being today 41035, this means that 22,45% are positive results! If we compare to the population of 60,000,000 in Italy this would mean a number of 13.470.000 Italians already infected. Even considering that in reality the number is several times smaller, it seems unreal... It can be ?

you can't make extrapolations like that
if it is impossible to test everyone, I guess tests are restricted to people who are suspected to be positive

OK, here is how to not die from the corona-virus (viral phenomena)
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18843713/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17089876
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2825605/
https://www.sciencedirect.com/…/neurosci…/interstitial-fluid
Diabetes, Asthma, Heart Disease, and Secondary Bacterial Infections from dirty hospital rooms are the primary morbidity causes. Resistance training to promote formation of collagen. Stay hydrated. Increase your V02max to optimize gas exchange.
Your welcome.....

All projections may be totally wrong because, as I said a few pages ago, randomized testing hasn't been done, and so we don't know the "denominator" for any of these calculations.

I've come to the conclusion no one really knows what the hell is going on, so the blaming and name calling has to stop. I've turned off the news channels for that reason.

One more gotcha question and I was going to throw something at the tv screen.

Does anyone really think the Covid 19 team or anyone at CDC isn't trying desperately to do the right thing?

My "favorite" was the time still being wasted on whether it was "racist" to call it the Wuhan Flu, which is what everybody called it in the beginning. Actually, a lot of jokesters were calling it the "WuFlu". If that's racist then we shouldn't call the Spanish Flu the Spanish Flu, or Ebola, Ebola, or Middle Eastern Sars Virus (MERS) by their names, or Rocky Mountain Fever, Rocky Mountain Fever for that matter.

Everybody should just try to stop the madness and try to help each other through this.

McDonald's closes the salons of all testaurants in Brazil, prioritizes delivery and changes its 'M' in action.

McDonald's will close the salons of all its restaurants in Brazil as of this Monday, March 23, and will operate mainly by delivery and drive-thru. The brand's Brazilian board emphasizes its "responsibility" in this pandemic moment of the new coronavirus. In addition, to show its commitment to the social distance proposed by the authorities, the company has even pushed away the golden arches of its "M" in the logo.

"Even though we understand that we provide an essential service, after all, people need to continue to feed themselves, this is the time to think about protecting our employees, customers and the community, and have a long-term vision for our business," said Paulo Camargo, president of the Brazil Division.

OPfgwbZ.jpg

McDonald's pushed away the golden arcs of its "M" in symbolic action against the coronavirus.
Image: disclosure/McDonald's.

AAAAAAAAAAH ah

I don't understand your exclamation. In fact, McDonald’s is one of the symbols of world capitalism and I know that this attitude is also part of a marketing strategy. But they could, also, not to do nothing if they didn't want to do it. It is a fact that they also have a social responsibility. They generate thousands of jobs and pay millions in taxes to the public coffers that help finance public health in Brazil. Another multinational, AMBEV, the largest in the world in the beer business, has reduced beer production in Brazil and will produce millions of bottles of gel alcohol to be distributed free of charge in public hospitals. Generating jobs and paying taxes on time are one of the great virtues of most large corporations. I say this knowingly because I work for the Brazilian State as a Tax Auditor.

Cheers.

@Duarte you found a new Virus :) lol

Another joke:

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent virus threat and have therefore raised their threat level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though, level may be raised yet again to “Irritated” or even “A Bit Cross.”
>
> The English have not been “A Bit Cross” since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out.
>
> The virus has been re-categorized from “Tiresome” to “A Bloody Nuisance.” The last time the British issued a “Bloody Nuisance” warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.
>
> The Scots have raised their threat level from “Pissed Off” to “Let's Get the Bastard.” They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.
>
> The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its alert level from “Run” to “Hide.” The only two higher levels in France are “Collaborate” and “Surrender.” The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability.
>
> Italy has increased the alert level from “Shout Loudly and Excitedly” to “Elaborate Military Posturing.” Two more levels remain: “Ineffective Combat Operations” and “Change Sides.”
>
> The Germans have increased their alert state from “Disdainful Arrogance” to “Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs.” They also have two higher levels: “Invade a Neighbour” and “Lose.”
>
> Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.
>
> The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.
>
> Australia, meanwhile, has raised its alert level from “No worries” to “She'll be alright, Mate.” Two more escalation levels remain: “Crikey! I think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend!” and “The barbie is cancelled.” So far, no situation has ever warranted use of the final escalation level.
>
> The Russians have said “Its not us”

People, do you venture saying anything about why the preliminary research made in Chinese and foreign cities about the Covid-19 not spreading fast in humid and warm weather is definitely not proving to be true in someplaces that are either equatorial (so no real seasons) and/or are exactly in summertime, like Brazil? I find it baffling that so many people were saying that warmer temperatures would slow down the spread of the virus, and yet this is the news:

https://g1.globo.com/bemestar/coron...de-coronavirus-no-brasil-em-19-de-marco.ghtml
647 cases confirmed by the Health Secretaries of the 26 states + Federal District of Brazil

Just yesterday there were 428 cases officially confirmed. From 428 to 647 today. That's a +51% increase in 24h!

Daily temperatures are above 24ºC in most of the country, maximum temperatures are above 30ºC in most of it. It doesn't seem to be making much difference at all. 20 days after the 1st confirmed case, the rate of increase has been faster than in Italy (okay, maybe authorities here just took the issue more seriously since the beginning, because our 1st case was found much later than in Italy, when the world was already losing its mind over it, but still...)

So, was it all wishful thinking? Will this be a new kind of flu that is not seasonal?

@ Ygorcs

look at Arabia peninsula
it is surely Hot there

people humor sence with virus is unique

ESBJcVeWsAA5T49.jpg

This thread has been viewed 692924 times.

Back