Health New Coronavirus in China

Somehow, I don't think viruses can so easily jump from one species to another. Perhaps dog was just contaminated with the virus (like after licking his owner's face :0), rather than being a virus carrier himself. If this novel coronavirus can stay on surfaces for a long time (weeks) then perhaps it can "live" on pets likewise on other unanimated places. In any case WHO say that there is no evidence that dogs or cat can get infected.

mythbuster-1.tmb-1024v.png

I think that's right. What may have happened is that there was coronavirus on the dog's coat from contact with a human.

I saw the other day that China has now outlawed the sale of dog and cat meat in the "wet" markets. Leaving aside the horror that this means they are commonly sold for human consumption, anyone butchering a dog or cat for food might have picked up the virus from the pelts.

For the duration it might be a good idea to not let other people pet your animals.

I certainly don't think the Chinese solution of police killing innocent dogs and people throwing cats out of windows, which has been reported, is the solution.

Anyone trying to shoot my dog is going to have a real problem on his hands.

I think that's right. What may have happened is that there was coronavirus on the dog's coat from contact with a human.

I saw the other day that China has now outlawed the sale of dog and cat meat in the "wet" markets. Leaving aside the horror that this means they are commonly sold for human consumption, anyone butchering a dog or cat for food might have picked up the virus from the pelts.

For the duration it might be a good idea to not let other people pet your animals.

I certainly don't think the Chinese solution of police killing innocent dogs and people throwing cats out of windows, which has been reported, is the solution.

Now this is truly disgusting.

The CDC says only 31% of men and 65% of women wash their hands after using the restroom. https://wb.md/2q0TBIn

"In #Wenzhou, factory manager told they must consume 3000 kWh electricity by midnight, as authorities use electricity usage as a criterion of re-open rate. Even the factory has not re-opened for lack of supply and manpower due to #COVID2019, the manager had to... switch on all the air conditioners and other equipment to ensure they achieve their quota".

Anyone want to bet on the fact that the info we're getting from China is accurate?

I'm not at all surprised given that Iran is refusing to put quarantine measures into practice and practicing "Inshallah". Somehow God helps those who help themselves has not made a dent there.
"Ontario has just confirmed its 8th case of #COVID19 in a patient who arrived in Toronto from Egypt on Feb. 20. Egyptian health authorities have denied having cases of the disease. Yesterday, France confirmed two patients who recently travelled to Egypt tested positive."

Like I said...
""Inundated public hospitals sent many feverish patients home, telling them to lock themselves in their apartment. But residents said the practice allowed the virus to spread, ensnaring entire families...and jumping from neighbor to neighbor.""

Last edited:

Anyone who even thinks to harm my dog has already problem.
not from me, but from the dog itshelf.

The CDC says only 31% of men and 65% of women wash their hands after using the restroom.

Unbelievable! I wash my hands every single time after going to the toilet, even when I get up half-asleep in the middle of the night.

Somehow, I don't think viruses can so easily jump from one species to another. Perhaps dog was just contaminated with the virus (like after licking his owner's face :0), rather than being a virus carrier himself. If this novel coronavirus can stay on surfaces for a long time (weeks) then perhaps it can "live" on pets likewise on other unanimated places. In any case WHO say that there is no evidence that dogs or cat can get infected.

mythbuster-1.tmb-1024v.png

It would be a disaster that I don't even want to think about and we would see things we would never have imagined that could be done with those poor animals.

It looked like a Pomeranian, I don't want to look for the news, but most likely, they have requisitioned the dog and are experimenting with it in a secret laboratory after they will sacrifice it safely.

I wash hands before and after

don't know where my hands been before I touch the member

It would be a disaster that I don't even want to think about and we would see things we would never have imagined that could be done with those poor animals.

It looked like a Pomeranian, I don't want to look for the news, but most likely, they have requisitioned the dog and are experimenting with it in a secret laboratory after they will sacrifice it safely.

One can simply wash their dog with shampoo and that will do to stop coronavirus. I also wash my dog's mouth and muzzle with soap when he'd return home after escaping and wondering nobody knows where.

I wash hands before and after

don't know where my hands been before I touch the member

that is my policy too,
I always wash them carefully before,
and many times I wash them after using money.
I think money is most dirty thing we touch every day,

Last edited:
that is my policy too,
I always wash them carefully before,
and many times I wash them after using money.
I think money is most dirty thing we touch every day,

Indeed, and I imagine that the Coronavirus could easily spread through coins and banknotes exchanged from person to person. Cards aren't necessarily safer (unless contactless) as people have to input their pin code and the keyboards in shops might be contaminated too.

Povera Italia. 1600 infected, and 29 dead, and the doctors say it's not only old people who are in intensive care. Not to mention what it's doing to the economy. How the hell did it get there, and when?

According to an #Italy Study:the mutation that transmitted it to man has been reconstructed Campus Bio-Medico of Rome has reconstructed the genealogical tree of the virus. The jump of species from animal to man "took place between 20 and 25 November"

According to this #SARSCoV2 genetic analysis the viral strain in Washington State traces to a Chinese strain from Fujian, likely arriving in Seattle area before January 15.If this is true, #COVID19 has been in the area, undetected, for 6 weeks.https://nextstrain.org/ncov?f_division=Washington

One of those infected is a Postal worker.

That's just great. I guess you shouldn't open any mail coming from Seattle. Oh vey!

Well, New York has a large Chinese community as well, so it's only a matter of time.

"Bat soup pandemic, South Korean death cults, infected Iranian health ministers- if this were a movie script it would be returned for being too weird."
The above refers to the fact that 60% of the Korean cases can be traced to a religious sect which is hoping for the end of the world. Apparently, some members went to Wuhan. The government says there have been reports they're deliberately spreading it to bring the end of the world closer.

Meanwhile, one idiot has posted that people feeling ill should go to Trump rallies. This is the filth that's in the minds of some people? Good God.
Ali A Rizvi is the monster who still has a working Twitter account while thousands of conservatives have been kicked off or deprived of followers. Even though he's a vulture, I hope Paul Singer does manage to buy it and ousts Dorsey.

0QdAqLu.png

It doesn't show the trail into Iran, and yet estimates are as high as 23,000 infected.

Mistakes have been made all over because doctors were following guidelines saying only test people with contact with China, but what the Chinese government did in the early stages of the outbreak is just CRIMINAL. By punishing doctors who talked about it, hiding the incidence, and not alerting the world as soon as they knew there was a new virus spreading, they are responsible for the outbreaks in other countries.

Meanwhile, this is also what they're doing:
Painstaking research by @xu_xiuzhong
and the @ASPI_org
team shows that at least 80,000 Uighurs have been transferred out of Xinjiang to work in factories and undergo ideological training, all under constant surveillance. Their full report is out now:

Just like the Nazi camps. Fascist or Communist, it's all the same.

It's becoming a little clearer why Co-Vid 19 was under the radar in the U.S. and then started popping out. The same thing may have happened in Italy.

Doctors in Washington State think they may have found the first case of Coronavirus in a specimen taken from a man who traveled from Wuhan to Seattle in early January. His sample is dated January 15th. It matches the strain in the teenage boy just recently tested.

The damn virus wasn't even isolated and announced to the world until January 8th, and travel from China and people who had been in China weren't prohibited from entering the U.S. until January 31st, when, of course, the usual suspects maintained that Trump was a racist for ordering it.

The same thing may have happened in Italy. They aren't looking back far enough, or the initial person didn't have a strong enough response to the virus to even go to a hospital and give a sample.

Of course, Chinese doctors, including one who ultimately died of the virus, knew there was a new virus spreading in early December, but they were silenced and punished and the rest of the world wasn't informed.

Then, there's the fact that it takes time to figure out all the important factors involved with a new virus. The WHO and CDC were using a 14 day incubation and therefore quarantine period. So, an evacuee from China was released after 14 days, and then came down with Co-Vid 19 and had to go into the hospital. The first test produced by the CDC was also faulty.

Ultimately, however, this may all have been inevitable given that people could have been leaving China carrying the virus all of December and the first half of January before anyone in the outside world knew there was a problem. So, we're talking about at least six weeks, maybe actually eight weeks because there wasn't widespread concern really until the beginning of February.

The issue now is that the U.S. and E.U. countries, when the number of hospital beds run out, are not going to send people home and literally lock them in with their families to all either recover or die in order to stop the spread. So, it may wind up that other countries will pay more of a price than China, where the fault lies.

It doesn't help that people are damn stupid, or just refuse to face reality, or don't want to be labeled or quarantined, and so lie to public health officers.

"3 of 4 new cases lied about not having experienced symptoms when contacted by MOH during contact tracing. All 3 might have passed it onwards while sick. Unreal."

looks like china becomes safe and the other world dangerous. Their traditional policy seems to work.

for starters, the people’s liberation army has been openly threatening to intervene to shut down the protests against lam’s government. and in cases where pro-government “triad” thugs, most likely based on the mainland, have shown up to assail protesters, the police have been conveniently absent. as everyone in hong kong knows, these extrajudicial beatings had to have been sanctioned by xi’s government. more ominously, xi may have already decided that the time for “one country, two systems” has passed. china, he might argue, can no longer tolerate a functioning quasi-democracy within its territory, despite the agreement it accepted as a condition of hong kong’s return to chinese sovereignty in 1997.

He said the quarantine of the nature which China pulled off, which is called a "cordon sanitaire," is something out of the Middle Ages.
"That is something which harkens back to plague measures and that has been repeated over and over, including in the Ebola epidemic. The problem with the cordon sanitaire is that it's clumsy. It's a sledgehammer. It arrives too late and it breaks down that fundamental element of public health, which is information.
"That is to say that, threatened with the lockdown, people don't cooperate with authorities. Authorities therefore no longer know what's going on and people take flight, which spreads the epidemic," Snowden said.
In fact, about 5 million people left Wuhan in the hours before the quarantine kicked in, likely making the situation worse. While the number of new cases in China has slowed, this week they started to compound globally, with serious outbreaks in South Korea, Italy, and Iran.

Last edited:
According to the BBC, the current mortality rate of 3.4% for Covid-19 is probably much higher than the reality because most cases go undetected or unreported. They say that it might not be more deadly than the flu at 0.1% of fatality rate.

Interestingly, in opposition to what I have read in this thread, they say that WHO considers Coronavirus as less contagious than influenza!

BBC News: Coronavirus v Influenza: How do the two viruses compare?

It's becoming a little clearer why Co-Vid 19 was under the radar in the U.S. and then started popping out. The same thing may have happened in Italy.

Doctors in Washington State think they may have found the first case of Coronavirus in a specimen taken from a man who traveled from Wuhan to Seattle in early January. His sample is dated January 15th. It matches the strain in the teenage boy just recently tested.

The damn virus wasn't even isolated and announced to the world until January 8th, and travel from China and people who had been in China weren't prohibited from entering the U.S. until January 31st, when, of course, the usual suspects maintained that Trump was a racist for ordering it.

The same thing may have happened in Italy. They aren't looking back far enough, or the initial person didn't have a strong enough response to the virus to even go to a hospital and give a sample.

Of course, Chinese doctors, including one who ultimately died of the virus, knew there was a new virus spreading in early December, but they were silenced and punished and the rest of the world wasn't informed.

Then, there's the fact that it takes time to figure out all the important factors involved with a new virus. The WHO and CDC were using a 14 day incubation and therefore quarantine period. So, an evacuee from China was released after 14 days, and then came down with Co-Vid 19 and had to go into the hospital. The first test produced by the CDC was also faulty.

Ultimately, however, this may all have been inevitable given that people could have been leaving China carrying the virus all of December and the first half of January before anyone in the outside world knew there was a problem. So, we're talking about at least six weeks, maybe actually eight weeks because there wasn't widespread concern really until the beginning of February.

The issue now is that the U.S. and E.U. countries, when the number of hospital beds run out, are not going to send people home and literally lock them in with their families to all either recover or die in order to stop the spread. So, it may wind up that other countries will pay more of a price than China, where the fault lies.

It doesn't help that people are damn stupid, or just refuse to face reality, or don't want to be labeled or quarantined, and so lie to public health officers.

"3 of 4 new cases lied about not having experienced symptoms when contacted by MOH during contact tracing. All 3 might have passed it onwards while sick. Unreal."

I have no words for this, let’s face it now this tribalistic politics is putting America in danger. Is there any way that the two parties can find a middle ground? :/

I started to spray around Lysol, even in the cars, mail and mailbox, ... wandering if it helps.

I started to spray around Lysol, even in the cars, mail and mailbox, ... wandering if it helps.
The CDC is certainly recommending it. I've started carrying around a bottle of Purell when I'm not home and using it often. I've always washed my hands when I first come home from being out and about. All I've changed is actually using the Purrel before I touch the door/doorknob etc., or spraying it afterwards. As for public restrooms I always wash my hands thoroughly and close taps or touch handles with a tissue or piece of paper toweling. My mother, like Trump, was a germaphobe, and I've been doing the prior since I was a little girl.

Whatever the fatality of this disease, data from Hong Kong and Korea shows that all infectious disease occurrences are down substantially, so, maybe we should all have been doing this all along, if not for ourselves, for others.

As for masks, I think the authorities are giving out mixed messages or just plain misinformation. I've heard a number of public health officials say they don't protect you, and are just meant to protect others from your coughing. Think about that: there's a lot of cognitive dissonance there. If you're wearing it not to infect others, then obviously it prevents viruses from going into the air. There's always going to be idiots around who just cough into the air, so clearly it would help. Also, at the same time they're saying these things, they're saying don't buy them because then people who might really need them, like health care workers, won't be able to get them. So then, they do protect the health care workers. See what I mean?

Also, I unfortunately accompanied someone to Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center yesterday, to the transplant floor, and the first thing they did was instruct everyone entering to put on a surgical mask.

The fatalities out west for now are centered around a nursing home. Seven patients there are dead and others in hospital in critical condition. That highlights that the people really at risk are those who are 60+ and/or have underlying conditions.

I wish they'd get the numbers right. The WHO released figures from China saying that in Wuhan 16% or so got critically ill, and 3.8% on average died. In outlying provinces the CFR is only .7%. Has the virus mutated to become less lethal? Or, is it a question of the fact that Hubei province didn't have enough ICU chambers to handle the massive onslaught and people died unnecessarily?

Meanwhile, an epidemiologist from Johns Hopkins gave a talk to investment banks and stated that the Case Fatality Rate is 0.1 to 0.5%, which would make it only a bit more lethal than the regular flu. That's probably why the markets rebounded. Is it true or are the WHO figures more accurate?

I have no idea, but better safe than sorry. Also, that CFR figure isn't for people over 60 if you use the data from China, where, if you get COVID 19, apparently, the CFR is closer to 4%, and goes up substantially with each decade, and especially for those over 80. The moral of that story, as far as I'm concerned is that people in those age brackets shouldn't be going to large gatherings, and should be extra vigilant. People who are at all unwell should also not be going to see them.

j5dV6f2.png

Thanks Angela :)

The combination of two antivirals that have been used in HIV patients for years has managed to cure the first patient in Seville. The new coronavirus continues at this time without having a specific treatment. There are more than 80 investigations underway around the world trying to develop it.

https://www.lavanguardia.com/vida/20200302/473921586351/coronavirus-medicamento-sida-cura-paciente-sevilla-video-seo-ext.html

At the moment I know in Spain the coronavirus has not yet caused death; although the figure is still low in comparison.

This thread has been viewed 692964 times.

Back