Health New Coronavirus in China

Until there is more definitive information, I think the U.S. should follow the lead of some of the European countries and block travel to and from Great Britain, especially in light of the fact British scientists are saying the new mutation is more easily transmissible. Some American scientists are saying they see no sign of it, so the jury is still out.

I hope to hell the vaccines still work against it.

I expected somthing from them

a new alternative cure for ativirus is found at AUTh,
but very expencive till now,
they order new 'start reactors' for a massive production of method,
It is based on shelf blood cells, T lempho
the labs and the research clinic were created that Dr Fessas and Dr Anagnostopoulos Known for their achievements on blood and mellow diseases,

it is much efficient than monoclonal antobodies.

the typical problem, the eternal problem of 'dreamer philoshopher', the money for the maccines,
a cost very low, 2 hundres thousand Euros, will decrease the cost of cure to 1/10.

Method is tested on more than Student statistics samples,

To Continue the above,

they finally found themoney for the machines that are need for a cure
a cure, which in case of tranplantation and some blood and mellow disease cases is unigue,
They have find the specialized T lempho (kyttaro, cellule),
they take from patient, they multiply them to high numbers, and they import them back (person's own cells)
that has no allergies and is safer than monoclonal antibodies,

This cure of coronavirus is also for 'healthy people' but mainly will help those who can not vaccinated,
Especially people with blood and bone's myelic problems and the ones who had been tranplantated.

I want to see the name and the face of the person responsible for this!

This person should be charged with the equivalency of terrorism.

https://www.npr.org/2020/12/31/9525...estroying-more-than-500-moderna-vaccine-doses

A6Ll1Hn.jpg

Steven Brandenburg, 46

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news...ed-from-fridge-on-purpose-grafton/4098837001/

What possible motivation could he have had? This one stumps me, and I've seen people do horrible things.

What possible motivation could he have had? This one stumps me, and I've seen people do horrible things.

I'm not sure, but I guess they will need to be more stringent in vetting who will be handling these vaccines. He must be a real wack job to do something like that.

This is how the Democratic administrations of N.Y.C. and New York State are handling the distribution of the vaccine: 66% of the doses are unused and expiring. Theirs isn't the whole blame however: the freaking CDC bungled again by not prioritizing the elderly and those in nursing homes.

https://twitter.com/nycjim/status/1347649160225370114

Which states have good stats? The ones who ignored the CDC: Texas, Florida, and best of all, who'd have thunk it, West Virginia.

This is how the Democratic administrations of N.Y.C. and New York State are handling the distribution of the vaccine: 66% of the doses are unused and expiring. Theirs isn't the whole blame however: the freaking CDC bungled again by not prioritizing the elderly and those in nursing homes.

Which states have good stats? The ones who ignored the CDC: Texas, Florida, and best of all, who'd have thunk it, West Virginia.

Tulsi Gabbard: my favorite Democrat, talking sense as usual.

A user and a worker at the Burela residence test positive one week after receiving the first dose of Pfizer vaccine

According to Europa Press, the worker has needed to be admitted to the floor of the Public Hospital of A Mariña after having received the first of the two doses of the vaccine (the second must be given between 21 and 28 days later).

https://www.economiadigital.es/gali...a-la-semana-despues-de-ponerse-la-vacuna.html

The Balearic Government intervenes in a nursing home with 55 elderly people who are positive in covid-19 who had started the vaccination process

Those affected had only received the first dose of the vaccine, which requires a second shot 21 days later to immunize against the coronavirus

https://elpais.com/sociedad/2021-01...habian-empezado-el-proceso-de-vacunacion.html

Salud explains that it is considered normal that an outbreak can occur after vaccination, because immunization is progressive and full immunity is only acquired after receiving both doses of the vaccine; furthermore, a single dose may be enough to generate a response to the virus, but the body needs a few days to activate the immune system and the outbreak has arrived just before this response occurred.

What a coincidence!

If Texas is anywhere near Florida, I can guarantee you, they f'ed as badly as Florida. I have never seen such incompetence. First of all they lumped people over over 65 into one large group. That group is half the population of Florida so good luck finding a slot. I have been calling the number to get a slot as soon as it became available and it is busy. The slots online for January on the local Health Department were gone in the first 20 mins. Neither the local Health Department nor the local hospitals have enough personnel to administer the doses that are available. The local hospitals are overwhelmed with cover patients so the nurses and doctors are busy.

Please do not ascribe politics to what is clear incompetence in all states and all levels.

They need to prioritize as follows:
1. Doctors and nurses and staff at hospitals & rest homes
2. Doctors & nurses at doctors and dentists' offices
3. Nursing home residents and immunocompromised patients at every age group
4. 90+
5. 80+
6. 70+
7. 60+
8. 50+

Doses must be distributed to doctors offices so they can be administered from there according to the age and condition of the patient. I would also advise them to take advantage of the pharmacists at CVS, Walgreens and Walmart. Cast as wide a net as possible.

Why don't you ever inform yourself before you speak/post? Can you ever put your politics and personal animus aside, especially as regards me? Did I hurt your feelings when I talked about it mattering what university you attend and that SAT scores should count in college admissions? That's when I noticed the change.

I specifically said that it's the CDC recommendations which are at fault, and that the states following them are in the worst situation.

The recommendations specifically state that it is CVS and Walgreens which should distribute it. THAT'S THE WHOLE FREAKING PROBLEM! They're not doing it efficiently.

The CDC is also at fault for why seniors weren't getting it at all initially. The original list had front line health care workers get it first, and then "essential" workers, which include factory workers for CHRIST'S sake! Only when there was a huge outcry did they put the people in care homes at number two. Seniors are still way down the list.

It's a fact that the following states ignored it all and after front line health care workers are attempting to vaccinate seniors: Texas, Florida, West Virginia, Ohio. I honestly don't know why they're all Republican led states. Maybe they believe more in state's rights? Maybe it's because they haven't spent the last months canonizing the CDC and Fauci as the be all and end all?

Boo hoo, you haven't gotten it yet; they're not doing a good enough job for you. At least they've put you ahead of healthy factory workers. People in New York in their 60s, 70s etc. aren't even on the list.

Oh wait, on Tuesday Cuomo finally got embarrassed and said people over 75 could get it. Of course, they're still competing with essential workers, i.e. in the same phase. WOW! What an improvement. Meanwhile, it's sitting in pharmacies expiring. So he also finally got on the stick and said they'll ship it to doctor's offices and urgent care centers. This is the man writing a book about what a great job he's done on this. I trusted him too, and praised him often, even though I dislike his policies in other areas. That's until I realized he sent people ill with Covid to elder facilities when Stonybrook's facilities and the ship in NYC lay empty. Ten thousand elderly people were exposed and died because of that. Where's the apology.

I don't give a damn if someone is a Democrat, a Republican, a Communist or a Martian. If you do the right thing you get my praise. If you do the wrong thing you get condemnation. And before you start ringing your bell again, Trump made a bash of it (a man I never voted for btw), but so did most leaders of democracies unless they were islands on the fringe of the world. And the biggest culprits were the WHO, AND the CDC.

If Texas is anywhere near Florida, I can guarantee you, they f'ed as badly as Florida. I have never seen such incompetence. First of all they lumped people over over 65 into one large group. That group is half the population of Florida so good luck finding a slot. I have been calling the number to get a slot as soon as it became available and it is busy. The slots online for January on the local Health Department were gone in the first 20 mins. Neither the local Health Department nor the local hospitals have enough personnel to administer the doses that are available. The local hospitals are overwhelmed with cover patients so the nurses and doctors are busy.

Please do not ascribe politics to what is clear incompetence in all states and all levels.

They need to prioritize as follows:
1. Doctors and nurses and staff at hospitals & rest homes
2. Doctors & nurses at doctors and dentists' offices
3. Nursing home residents and immunocompromised patients at every age group
4. 90+
5. 80+
6. 70+
7. 60+
8. 50+

Doses must be distributed to doctors offices so they can be administered from there according to the age and condition of the patient. I would also advise them to take advantage of the pharmacists at CVS, Walgreens and Walmart. Cast as wide a net as possible.

you forgot the grave diggers and funeral ceremony working people.
In Greece are considered in high danger after Doctors and nurses who treat Covid people.

But how typical, :LOL: most of first vaccinated are Politicians and their families, and clerics :grin: :grin: :grin:

The other day I found out that a cousin son of one of my father's sisters with whom we have not had the opportunity to have relations had caught it himself and all his children, had mild symptoms for one or two days but the wife died because she had previous complications. It was in the beginning when confusion reigned and apparently they caught it on a trip they took by bus.

I'm sorry Carlos. It's the innocents who often suffer.

Meanwhile it's being spread by idiotic young people who don't give a damn about anyone else. As I said, I saw a bunch of them sharing a vape pipe on a corner. My son told me someone he knows has a girlfriend who still went to a party knowing she was positive. Now the boyfriend as well as three others has it.

Their parents must be so proud.

Cheers for you and all your family, Carlos. The older ones are paying for the inconsequence of the younger ones. Selfish world we live in.

'We can't live in a cave': tourists ignore covid-19 and say they don't regret their trip to Brazil for New Year

• Luis Barrucho - @luisbarrucho
  • BBC News Brasil in London

5 January 2021
_116341906_whatsappimage2021-01-04at18.27.42.jpg

Photo caption,

"We can't live in a cave in fear of everything," says Peter * (fictitious name) of the covid-19 pandemic. "I don't regret coming here. I'm having a lot of fun. My friends and I are going to all the parties," adds he, who lives in London and traveled to Brazil on New Year's holidays.

Peter refers to parties like the Revolution Party, which took place at a beach club in Rio de Janeiro last week and was interrupted by the authorities for not meeting the requirements for its performance, such as wearing masks and social distance.

Images that circulated on social networks show the crowded space and regulars dancing close to each other.

"I think what people forget is the cost of containing covid-19: suicide, unemployment, mental problems, domestic violence," says Peter. "Taking all this into account, it is better to let the coronavirus run wild," he adds.

Asked if he has taken precautions, such as wearing masks or social detachment, he says he uses face protection "when asked".

"But then everyone kisses everyone at parties," he laughs.

BBC News Brasil spoke with other foreigners who traveled to Brazil on vacation for the holidays, also on condition of anonymity for fear of reprisals. Some say they have decided to "close" the profile on Instagram (when the images are only available to approved followers), especially after accounts on the social network have been created to expose those who violate the rules.

One of them who spent the New Year in Trancoso said that Brazilians "care little about the coronavirus".

"The streets were full of people without a mask," he said.

He cautioned, however, that he tries to avoid crowds. "I don't get involved in groups and avoid parties with strangers."

_116230640_gettyimages-1212108704.jpg

CREDIT, GETTY IMAGES

Photo caption, Brazil has already had almost 200 thousand deaths of covid-19

Last week, a BBC News Brasil report warned of the risks of people participating in agglomerations and increasing the transmission of the virus.

The impact, according to epidemiologists, begins at the party site and then puts family members, co-workers and other people in social life at risk who did not necessarily participate in celebrations.

"Not everyone has the perception that the problem is that he will be the transmitter for his father or that he will pass the disease on to his friend, who will pass it on to the father. People are unaware of how much they are part of this chain" , said epidemiologist Márcio Bittencourt.

In the report he highlighted the risk for people in the surroundings who do not have the option of controlling contact, such as family members and co-workers.

"I have a friend who lives with her 90-year-old parents. If she takes it and passes it to her parents, they are at risk of dying from her attitude. And it's not a question of whether or not she will have a complicated case (of covid-19 If she, after returning from the party, goes to live in the family with the parents who live with her, there is no choice. The risk is present ", he added.

_116230638_gettyimages-1211389065.jpg

CREDIT, GETTY IMAGES

Photo caption, Brazil was one of the last countries to require a negative test for covid-19 from foreigners

Change of rules

Only as of December 30, passengers on international flights who disembark in Brazil will have to submit a negative RT-PCR test for covid-19 done up to 72 hours before the trip. This measure, in the opinion of experts, was adopted "too late".

"Brazil should have already started taking measures to restrict people arriving in the country since the second wave in Europe began," said researcher Domingos Alves, responsible for the Laboratory of Health Intelligence (LIS) at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of São Paulo (USP), in Ribeirão Preto, in a recent interview with BBC News Brasil.

"Recalling that there was almost a month of difference between the appearance of the second wave in Europe and in Brazil. We can infer that some of the cases we had were due to the fact that we kept all airports open".

"Once again, the Brazilian government has a systematic delay in relation to measures to contain the pandemic. It is unfortunate," he added.

Until changing the rules, Brazil was one of the few countries in the world - and the only South American one - with no restrictions on the entry of foreigners through airports, not adopting measures common to visitors who arrived from abroad through this means, as a negative diagnosis for covid-19 or mandatory 14-day quarantine.

It also took time to suspend flights to and from the United Kingdom - the decision came only a week after the announcement that health authorities in that country had discovered a new, more transmissible variant of the coronavirus, now also detected in Brazil.

Brazil has already registered almost 200 thousand deaths due to covid-19 and continues to be the second country with the highest number of deaths in the pandemic of the new coronavirus, after only the United States.

_104602229_line976.jpg

This thread has been viewed 695693 times.

Back