Health New Coronavirus in China

That's very well agreed. And I count on you that's the basic agreement for all members......I guess it's not all members are equal but some members are more equal than others.

Fine!!

YOU'RE THE ONE TO BLAME HERE, not Jovialis, who not only puts in a lot of time as a moderator but has provided us with wonderful content. What the hell have you done except create tension and dissension?

Had I not put you on ignore you no doubt would have provoked me too!

SHUT IT DOWN NOW or you're out.

If we had both the masks and disposable gloves available and pumped up the testing then the infection rate might have slowed down a bit. The curve might have flattened out without radical measures.

Good news!!! Arrived just in time, Chinese Airlines donated via the Royal Dutch Airways 80.000 mask and 50.000 gloves... they will immediately go the hospitals that are desperately in need....:

https://www.nu.nl/coronavirus/60384...p-cruciaal-moment-aangekomen-op-schiphol.html

What do people here make of the theory that COVID-19 originated in the United States because it is the site -- supposedly -- of the greatest diversity of haplotypes or strains of the virus?

https://www.globalresearch.ca/covid-19-further-evidence-virus-originated-us/5706078

Is that a serious question?

You read that site and think the rest of us should read it and take it seriously???

A 9/11 conspiracy theorist???

Listen buddy. I lived through it. I did nothing but go to funerals for a month, because a lot of people around me worked on a floor at 2 World that was completely shattered by that plane.

That's not to mention all the police people and firefighters who went into those buildings.

I also knew some of the FBI guys working on it.

If that a**h*** was within reach of me....

For basic fact number 1: if it had been here since last summer and circulating freely, how many cases should we have had by now?
Where are all the senior citizens in their hundreds and thousands with lungs like cracked glass?

Can you do simple arithmetic? Can he?

Basic fact number 2: they haven't found the exact "mother" virus which made the leap because there are hundreds of bat species each with their own version, and nobody has the time right now to go check all the bats.

Wait a minute. You asked the same question a few days ago.

You asked, and you were answered.

So, you're a t-roll. Ask again and you're banned for life.

@ Angela

I will send you with mail a Link
plz read it and answer me,

Is that a serious question?

You read that site and think the rest of us should read it and take it seriously??

I actually discovered a link to the article on Peak Prosperity, which has been one of the best sources on this epidemic. However, there was very little discussion of the theory over there. I linked to the original article when posting here.

A 9/11 conspiracy theorist??? Listen buddy. I lived through it.

I lived in Manhattan too at the time. Sorry for your losses. I didn't realize Global Research was a 9/11 conspiracy site. But I do consider them to be a reasonable alternative news source, especially regarding US foreign policy. And as for 9/11 conspiracy theories, how could anyone who has looked into the subject not entertain suspicions?

For basic fact number 1: if it had been here since last summer and circulating freely, how many cases should we have had by now?
Where are all the senior citizens in their hundreds and thousands with lungs like cracked glass?

Yes, that objection occurred to me. Part of the reply, by this theory, is that many early US deaths were attributed to the flu. Also, the theory somehow ties in the phenomenon of death-by-vaping and the shutting down of labs at Fort Detrick in August 2019.

For the record, I am not convinced by any of this. Rather, it is the underlying premise that caught my eye, that US is supposedly the site of the greatest diversity of COVID-19 haplotypes. Emphasis on "supposedly."

Basic fact number 2: they haven't found the exact "mother" virus which made the leap because there are hundreds of bat species each with their own version, and nobody has the time right now to go check all the bats.

Ok. That's the kind of answer I was hoping to receive. More elaboration on this from other members here would be welcome, if there is any further insight to be had

Wait a minute. You asked the same question a few days ago.

You asked, and you were answered.

So, you're a t-roll. Ask again and you're banned for life.

I believe I tried to post this question last night, but I was "clocked out" before it went through. Therefore, so far as I know, post #502 on this thread is the first time I had posted since January 31st. If it was a repeat posting, I apologize. But I do not see it upthread or in my history of posting.

I should add that I have made 93 posts on this site in a little over 3 years. I do not think this constitutes "trolling." From time to time, I come to this site to see what I can learn about population genetics, principally Italian genetics. On rare occasions, I ask a question. And on even rarer occasions, I comment on matters that I know a thing or two about.

The post was intended only as a (naive) question about the premise of a theory that is making the rounds on the internet.

Have you ever heard of an "impeached witness"? The testimony of an impeached witness on ANY matter, not just the initial act, is suspect.

I've looked at that site. It is crawling with either outright falsehoods or gross errors in logic. Therefore, anything he has to say, including commentary on U.S. foreign policy, should be considered highly suspect.

As for entertaining "suspicions" about 9/11, if you mean suspicions that the U.S. was somehow behind it, anyone who after reading a lot of documentation (and believe me I have, and what I haven't read, friends of mine have documented), believes that is, imo, not looking at the material rationally, perhaps because they are blinded by ideology.

However, that is not the subject of this thread.

As to your objection to my objection, you're not thinking this through logically, imo. This is a highly contagious virus, much more contagious than the flu, on the order of 10 to 1. The death rate is also 10 to 1 reaching a death rate of 1% of the population versus a rate of .01% for the regular influenza. Someone could easily do a simulation model of the number of cases and deaths working from the number of sick of the "vapers", the contagion score for Covid 19, and factoring in that the number of cases doubles every few days.

I'm confident in saying we would have had at least thousands of cases by February 1, 2020.

It couldn't have been overlooked. Concentrate on reading papers and reports by epidemiologists and doctors, not by the mentally ill living in their basements.

The X Rays of the lungs of someone suffering from Covid 19 induced pneumonia are reportedly completely different from the lungs of other pneumonia patients, including influenza induced ones. They look like a sheet of cracked glass.

In addition, it seems that this virus can affect the nervous system and heart in unexpected ways, as well as producing septic shock. That's why we had those videos of Chinese people falling down in the streets.

The idea that it could have been spreading here unchecked for months and months and emergency room physicians all over the country didn't see it is practically nil.

The post where you asked the question was almost a duplicate of a prior post. I will find the original one if I have to re-read every post on this thread. Posts that were deleted count. If it was posted under dominique nuit you're on warning. If it's the exact same post but under another name, you're still on warning.

If not, sorry for the confusion.

What do people here make of the theory that COVID-19 originated in the United States because it is the site -- supposedly -- of the greatest diversity of haplotypes or strains of the virus?

https://www.globalresearch.ca/covid-19-further-evidence-virus-originated-us/5706078

If people would actually use their brains and pay attention to the science they would see that the virus is most definitely NOT man-made. Here is an academic paper on the subject: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9

I see you mentioned something about haplotypes or multiple strains, the US has had multiple influxes of the virus from several locations, which you can see here: https://nextstrain.org/ncov

Anyways, this virus is most definitely the result of natural selection whether those adaptations occurred zoonotically or within humans we don't know yet.

"A friend in Germany tells me everyone's panic buying sausages and cheese. It's the Wurst Käse scenario."

Now, come on, that's funny. :)

The ability to pun is a very underrated form of humor.

Alrighty then...don't know if this is all true or just fake news, but there is something we can take from this even if it's fake. Everybody has to get online, and everyone's reporting standards should be the same.

[FONT=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Segoe UI, Roboto, Ubuntu, Helvetica Neue, sans-serif]In Switzerland, coronavirus cases have to be reported by hand and sent by fax. There is a backlog[/FONT]

[FONT=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Segoe UI, Roboto, Ubuntu, Helvetica Neue, sans-serif]In Germany, deaths of people with comorbidities are not listed as Coronavirus deaths[/FONT]

Under the "do your bit" category.

A distillery in Pennsylvania:
Distilleries using high-proof alcohol to make hand sanitizer for organizations running low

How big is that denominator?

"[FONT=&quot]The COVID-19 virus has spread worldwide in a matter of a few . months. Healthcare systems struggle to monitor and report current cases. Limited capabilities in testing result in difficult to guide policies and mitigate lack of preparation. Since severe cases, which more likely lead to fatal outcomes, are detected at a higher percentage than mild cases, the reported death rates are likely inflated in most countries. Such under-estimation can be attributed to the under-sampling of infection cases and results in systematic death rate estimation biases. The method proposed here utilizes a benchmark country (South Korea) and its reported death rates in combination with population demographics to correct the reported COVID-19 case numbers. By applying a correction, we predict that the number of cases is highly under-reported in most countries. In the case of China, it is estimated that more than 700.000 cases of COVID-19 actually occurred instead of the confirmed 80,932 cases as of 3/13/2020.

[/FONT]

People, DO NOT FOLLOW THIS ADVICE...
[FONT=&quot]Kat Timpf

@KatTimpf

· 21h
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Ladies! If you’re quarantined with your boo, now is a great time to bring up all of the issues you’ve been letting slide in the relationship — no matter how minor. He literally cannot leave; he has no choice but to talk it out! Some say keep the peace; I say seize the day!
[/FONT]

Neighbor said that the local ShopRite is limiting the sale of T. paper to 2 rolls per customer.

Isolation at Home is a big problem,
my niece engagement is canceled for who knows when,
I am certain that with my wife we will kill each other, from too much 'care' ( I already add some kilos)
All day TV nothing else except Coronavirus,

I think state must also use sociologists and psychiatrists in this war against corona.
for we all get out with psychic and social problems, infected and not

Isolation at Home is a big problem,
my niece engagement is canceled for who knows when,
I am certain that with my wife we will kill each other, from too much 'care' ( I already add some kilos)
All day TV nothing else except Coronavirus,

I think state must also use sociologists and psychiatrists in this war against corona.
for we all get out with psychic and social problems, infected and not

Yes it's like your living under a stone, the kids @home both (mom and dad) teleworking. No sports or activities outside. Then the world is small.
In Greece there is a lock down until? Here at least 2,5 weeks to go.....in the hope that.....
Through the window at my office I can see the academic hospital, helicopters come and go, makes it even more surreal.
Yesterday evening @20.00 we all went to doorstep and applauding for people working in the care.
I hope this won't take for long.....

Yes it's like your living under a stone, the kids @home both (mom and dad) teleworking. No sports or activities outside. Then the world is small.
In Greece there is a lock down until? Here at least 2,5 weeks to go.....in the hope that.....
Through the window at my office I can see the academic hospital, helicopters come and go, makes it even mor surreal.
Yesterday evening @20.00 we all went to doorstep and applauding for people working in the care.
I hope this won't take for long.....

5 days now, minimum for 14 days (another 9) but sure will go more,
only super market, pharmacies, gas station is discussed for next week,
this week is allowed take away and delivery,

2 days before at midnight I took my young daughter, and we drive the car to highway, for hours,
Empty roads.

only between 6-8 evening, when people are running with gloves and masks here, you see some,
but fear when you see many no matter 5 meters away, Greet them is out of question,
I think more than 10 days will be a problem to societies,

Btw... Many people are still too easy to leave the house. In evening the "Pirellone", the old seat of the Lombardy region, is used as a giant sign of obligation: "Stay home"

84119130_10220437269873362_7239407934231281664_o.jpg

This thread has been viewed 695528 times.

Back