Health New Coronavirus in China

Had my shot yesterday; it was the Moderna one. No reaction at all.

It was held at the university hospital center and was a marvel of good planning and efficiency, I must say, with dozens of health workers to move you through the process quickly.

I'm already booked for the second one.

What was a little concerning was that the tech who dismissed me suggested that I not wear just a cloth mask. In fact, she said the recommendation of the doctors there was to wear a surgical mask and then a cloth mask over it to anchor it more tightly to the face. I asked if that was the recommendation even after the second shot, and she said it depended on whether the Brazilian strain became a problem. I was concerned, and she said all the research so far indicates even if you get the Brazilian strain, if you have been vaccinated, you may get it and feel sick, but you won't be hospitalized or die from it.

I suppose that's some comfort, but I confess that I was disappointed that this won't be over just because I get the vaccine.

Had my shot yesterday; it was the Moderna one. No reaction at all.

It was held at the university hospital center and was a marvel of good planning and efficiency, I must say, with dozens of health workers to move you through the process quickly.

I'm already booked for the second one.

What was a little concerning was that the tech who dismissed me suggested that I not wear just a cloth mask. In fact, she said the recommendation of the doctors there was to wear a surgical mask and then a cloth mask over it to anchor it more tightly to the face. I asked if that was the recommendation even after the second shot, and she said it depended on whether the Brazilian strain became a problem. I was concerned, and she said all the research so far indicates even if you get the Brazilian strain, if you have been vaccinated, you may get it and feel sick, but you won't be hospitalized or die from it.

I suppose that's some comfort, but I confess that I was disappointed that this won't be over just because I get the vaccine.

Congratulations Angela. It will be all right, God willing. Bolsonaro, with the denial of the pandemic and also of the efficiency of the vaccines, saying, for example, that people could have adverse reactions such as humans turning into alligators, women with a beard and men with a thin voice. He saying that the lockdown is small talk and that those who stay at home are sissies, managed to delay vaccination and turned the country into a great laboratory for viral culture. New strains that are emerging in Brazil, thanks to the uncontrolled circulation of the virus, are already so aggressive that they are contaminating children who are also demanding pediatric ICU beds. He is an outcast, he rules with outcasts, he transformed Brazil into a country of outcasts.

Congratulations Angela. It will be all right, God willing. Bolsonaro, with the denial of the pandemic and also of the efficiency of the vaccines, saying, for example, that people could have adverse reactions such as humans turning into alligators, women with a beard and men with a thin voice. He saying that the lockdown is small talk and that those who stay at home are sissies, managed to delay vaccination and turned the country into a great laboratory for viral culture. New strains that are emerging in Brazil, thanks to the uncontrolled circulation of the virus, are already so aggressive that they are contaminating children who are also demanding pediatric ICU beds. He is an outcast, he rules with outcasts, he transformed Brazil into a country of outcasts.

I'm so sorry, Duarte; I didn't want you to feel badly. It's just what it's called.

What is annoying is that they gave us all that happy talk about how mutations in most case make a virus less harmful. Guess not. :(

Covid and correlation with high pollen counts

See:
https://www.pnas.org/content/118/12/e2019034118

"[FONT=&quot][h=2]Significance[/h]Coexposure to airborne pollen enhances susceptibility to respiratory viral infections, regardless of the allergy status. We hypothesized this could be also true for SARS-CoV-2 infections. To investigate this, we tested for relationships between SARS-CoV-2 infection rates and pollen concentrations, along with humidity, temperature, population density, and lockdown effects. Our unique dataset derives from 130 sites in 31 countries and across five continents. We found that pollen, sometimes in synergy with humidity and temperature, explained, on average, 44% of the infection rate variability. Lockdown halved infection rates under similar pollen concentrations. As we cannot completely avoid pollen exposure, we suggest wide dissemination of pollen−virus coexposure information to encourage high-risk individuals to wear particle filter masks during high springtime pollen concentrations.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][h=2]Abstract[/h]Pollen exposure weakens the immunity against certain seasonal respiratory viruses by diminishing the antiviral interferon response. Here we investigate whether the same applies to the pandemic severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), which is sensitive to antiviral interferons, if infection waves coincide with high airborne pollen concentrations. Our original hypothesis was that more airborne pollen would lead to increases in infection rates. To examine this, we performed a cross-sectional and longitudinal data analysis on SARS-CoV-2 infection, airborne pollen, and meteorological factors. Our dataset is the most comprehensive, largest possible worldwide from 130 stations, across 31 countries and five continents. To explicitly investigate the effects of social contact, we additionally considered population density of each study area, as well as lockdown effects, in all possible combinations: without any lockdown, with mixed lockdown−no lockdown regime, and under complete lockdown. We found that airborne pollen, sometimes in synergy with humidity and temperature, explained, on average, 44% of the infection rate variability. Infection rates increased after higher pollen concentrations most frequently during the four previous days. Without lockdown, an increase of pollen abundance by 100 pollen/m3 resulted in a 4% average increase of infection rates. Lockdown halved infection rates under similar pollen concentrations. As there can be no preventive measures against airborne pollen exposure, we suggest wide dissemination of pollen−virus coexposure dire effect information to encourage high-risk individuals to wear particle filter masks during high springtime pollen concentrations."
[/FONT]

Covid and correlation with high pollen counts

See:
https://www.pnas.org/content/118/12/e2019034118

"Significance

Coexposure to airborne pollen enhances susceptibility to respiratory viral infections, regardless of the allergy status. We hypothesized this could be also true for SARS-CoV-2 infections. To investigate this, we tested for relationships between SARS-CoV-2 infection rates and pollen concentrations, along with humidity, temperature, population density, and lockdown effects. Our unique dataset derives from 130 sites in 31 countries and across five continents. We found that pollen, sometimes in synergy with humidity and temperature, explained, on average, 44% of the infection rate variability. Lockdown halved infection rates under similar pollen concentrations. As we cannot completely avoid pollen exposure, we suggest wide dissemination of pollen−virus coexposure information to encourage high-risk individuals to wear particle filter masks during high springtime pollen concentrations.

Abstract

Pollen exposure weakens the immunity against certain seasonal respiratory viruses by diminishing the antiviral interferon response. Here we investigate whether the same applies to the pandemic severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), which is sensitive to antiviral interferons, if infection waves coincide with high airborne pollen concentrations. Our original hypothesis was that more airborne pollen would lead to increases in infection rates. To examine this, we performed a cross-sectional and longitudinal data analysis on SARS-CoV-2 infection, airborne pollen, and meteorological factors. Our dataset is the most comprehensive, largest possible worldwide from 130 stations, across 31 countries and five continents. To explicitly investigate the effects of social contact, we additionally considered population density of each study area, as well as lockdown effects, in all possible combinations: without any lockdown, with mixed lockdown−no lockdown regime, and under complete lockdown. We found that airborne pollen, sometimes in synergy with humidity and temperature, explained, on average, 44% of the infection rate variability. Infection rates increased after higher pollen concentrations most frequently during the four previous days. Without lockdown, an increase of pollen abundance by 100 pollen/m3 resulted in a 4% average increase of infection rates. Lockdown halved infection rates under similar pollen concentrations. As there can be no preventive measures against airborne pollen exposure, we suggest wide dissemination of pollen−virus coexposure dire effect information to encourage high-risk individuals to wear particle filter masks during high springtime pollen concentrations."

Sounds like ultra corrupt science to me.

Sounds like ultra corrupt science to me.

Corrupt? In terms of a paper?

I can understand incorrect, badly done because of not enough samples, or some other flaw in the design, but corrupt?

yesterday, ... Pfizer, ... next shot in three weeks, no side effects.

they changed the schedules, ... by May, the entire State should be all vaccinated, ... (besides the anti-vaxxers)

all Efficient and well-organized, ... Giant's awake :)

they changed the schedules, ... by May, the entire State should be all vaccinated, ... (besides the anti-vaxxers)

Congrats Salento :)(y)

Congrats Salento :)(y)

they should quickly intensify vaccinations all over the World, ... they should just do it, (they did it here) ... we can play the blame game later :)

Good job,

The anti-vaxxers are ignorant cowards, who are a threat to those around them. It would be a good thing for punitive policies to be taken against them.

Good job,
The anti-vaxxers are ignorant cowards, who are a threat to those around them. It would be a good thing for punitive policies to be taken against them.

... they gave us a “card”, they said to keep it, ... it will be important to have it for future ease of travel and access to any place.

The anti-vaxxers will have limited access to places and it will make it harder for them to travel.

... wrong thread, please delete :)

Got my first shot (Pfizer) today and I'll receive my 2nd dose in mid-April.

Well-run operation, held downtown St. Paul at the Xcel Energy Center (Ice arena)

Got my first shot (Pfizer) today and I'll receive my 2nd dose in mid-April.

Well-run operation, held downtown St. Paul at the Xcel Energy Center (Ice arena)

Nice. Congrats Matty(y)

F4TVQjX.jpg

o1EV5AV.jpg

GIqEYYN.jpg

Toewjwx.jpg

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/florida-spring-break-crowds-concern-surge/index.html

This thread has been viewed 692633 times.

Back