Health New Coronavirus in China

I am a client of some Chinese and I was talking to them this afternoon. Some had put the sign of reforms in their premises, and the truth had been in their country, the place is already open and it is the same I do not see any reform and the other Chinese had returned according to him 10 days before the virus crown exploded in his country, the truth is that today he looked a little strange, a cold. We never know what destiny can bring us, we must have hope.

^^It was indeed stellar level stupidity.

New data is showing it can be dormant for 40 days before causing symptoms, i.e. no one, including the infected person, knows they're infected, and they can spread it all that time.

Great, a whole group of Americans has been released from quarantine after FOURTEEN days. That has been the protocol world wide.

No wonder people on that ship got infected and some of them have subsequently died. Maybe the "quarantine" was pretty successful. There were just people who hadn't shown any symptoms and were infecting people.

Global Times

@globaltimesnews
· 8h
#Wuhan has expropriated five #cruise ships which can offer 1,469 beds to serve as temporary hotels for medical staff amid the #COVID19 outbreak. As more medical groups from other regions come to support the virus epicenter, the city's hotel occupancy rate is almost at its peak.

That's under the category of just how stupid can people be???

COVID-19 in Italy: Infections in Codogno, Castiglione d'Adda and Casalpusterlengo and Padua
Via Corriere della Sera: Coronavirus Italia, the infections in Codogno, Castiglione d'Adda and Casalpusterlengo and Padua. Excerpt from the Google translation: The new coronavirus (Covid-19) has...
crofsblogs.typepad.com

BNO Newsroom
@BNODesk
· Fe
clip_image001.jpg
b 21
NEW: Italian town of Codogno closes schools, bars, eateries, and sporting facilities until at least Sunday after 6 cases of coronavirus were confirmed - ANSA

Finally, a quick and sensible reaction. They should go further and institute delivery of groceries, and tell people to disinfect anything they receive.

you'd think they should be able to devise a test to check people on the virus before symptoms become visible?

Great. Just great.

Wuhan Institute of Virology kept not only the virus, but hundreds of infected bats, too; Zhengli Shi, a renowned researcher working at the P4 lab, co-authored a controversial paper in 2015 to create a new virus by combining a coronavirus found in Chinese horseshoe bats with another that causes human-like severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) in mice.

The research for creating dangerous viruses is very controversial. US restricts that.

"to engineer a virus with the surface protein of the SHC014 coronavirus, found in horseshoe bats in China, and the backbone of one that causes human-like severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) in mice. The hybrid virus could infect human airway cells and caused disease in mice, according to the team’s results, which were published Nature Medicine

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opinion/lab-made-coronavirus-triggers-debate-34502

"The creation of a chimeric SARS-like virus has scientists discussing the risks of gain-of-function research.
In October 2013, the US government put a stop to all federal funding for gain-of-function studies, with particular concern rising about influenza, SARS, and Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS). “NIH [National Institutes of Health] has funded such studies because they help define the fundamental nature of human-pathogen interactions, enable the assessment of the pandemic potential of emerging infectious agents, and inform public health and preparedness efforts,” NIH Director Francis Collins said “These studies, however, also entail biosafety and biosecurity risks, which need to be understood better.”

Overall, there are just too many coincides, - there was a P4 security lab in Wuhan able to research and engineer SARS like viruses, bats, Chinese scientists (there is at least one paper in Nature Medicine of 2015 which was co-authored by Chinese scientist from Wuhan lab on the creation of new SARS like virus that can affect people). In addition, China's defence budget has skyrocketed during the last 10 years, and there must have been plenty of funding for that kind of research, which, along with no moral barriers and open discussion about such dangerous research, are perfect conditions to have some kind of disaster like we are seeing now.

Well, the New York Post, for one, agrees with you, Dagne.
https://nypost.com/2020/02/22/dont-...ter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true

The worst part of the article?

"And then there is this little-known fact: Some Chinese researchers are in the habit of selling their laboratory animals to street vendors after they have finished experimenting on them.You heard me right.
Instead of properly disposing of infected animals by cremation, as the law requires, they sell them on the side to make a little extra cash. Or, in some cases, a lot of extra cash. One Beijing researcher, now in jail, made a million dollars selling his monkeys and rats on the live animal market, where they eventually wound up in someone’s stomach."

I refuse to believe that a trained virulogist doesn't know better, which leave a complete lack of morality as the cause.

Meanwhile, in Italy the number keeps growing and growing. The Guardian newspaper in England calls the measure draconian. I couldn't disagree more.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-coronavirus-outbreak-spread?CMP=share_btn_tw

"[FONT=&quot]About 50,000 residents in the towns under lockdown have been told to stay home and avoid social contact, while schools, shops and businesses – apart from chemists – have been closed and festivities and sporting events
including Serie A football matches[FONT=&quot] and the final two days of the Venice carnival have been cancelled.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Schools and universities will also be closed for at least a week in Lombardy, Veneto, Emilia-Romagna and Piedmont, while similar measures have been taken in Liguria and Alto Adige."[/FONT]

Italy just passed a decree which, between others, gives cities with 1+ confirmed cases the power to: - Seal the city borders - Cancel any event - Quarantine the infected & their contacts - Only give access to shops & public transports to people wearing PPEs -

Fines and jail time will be imposed depending on the violations.

Chinese people really deserve better. If the suspicion is right, the story is simple - bioweapons experts created a virus, corrupt/negligent lab people released it and now the party is waging a glorious war against it, while hundreds of millions suffer or even die without being able to say anything about the situation they are at now.
If the virus is airborne - as even US experts are starting to admit now - it cannot be really stopped by quarantine measures, perhaps delayed which is also valuable. Let's hope Covid-2019 somehow burns out because of the hot summer weather or due to some other reasons. One good thing is that this virus is not so dangerous, as it seems, to children and teenagers who have weaker immune system compared to healthy adults, and are otherwise very susceptible to flu infections.
Perhaps even bioweapons engineering experts had a bit of consciousness and somehow managed to exclude children from the target group of this virus?

there is panic in Italy and on the stock exchange markets, gold is rallying

there is panic in Italy and on the stock exchange markets, gold is rallying

In Italy should have been more carefully, now it will going to spread all over Europe.
Albania is completely vulnerable considering ties with Italy.

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

Actually, what Italy is doing is exactly what the WHO and other experts are saying SHOULD be done. It's not panic; it's prudence.

"@WHO
#Covid19 mission chief Bruce Aylward says it's not clear other countries have learned the lesson that containment measures have to be put in place quickly & aggressively."

So I guess the WHO is in a state of panic too?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/24/opinion/coronavirus-pandemic.html

"It’s now clear that the epidemic was never going to be contained. At most, its spread was slowed by the lockdown imposed in China and other countries’ efforts to identify infected people and anyone they might have been in contact with."

Slowing the spread gives hospitals time to prepare and scientists time to work on a vaccine.

"Governments should also conduct Covid-19 preparedness drills in local hospitals and expand hospitals’ temporary capacity, for example, by setting up emergency tents in parking lots, as is already happening in some places in the United States. To minimize the strain on overstressed acute-care hospitals, supportive nursing care might have to be provided, in makeshift facilities and patients’ homes, as was done during severe pandemics in the past, such as the Great Influenza of 1918-19."

"In light of the disease’s features, the quarantine of the passengers and crew members on the Diamond Princess cruise ship in Yokohama Bay in Japan looks like a cruel experiment: While confined, these people were forced to breathe recycled air for two weeks. The measure achieved little except to prove just how effective the virus is at spreading. Trying to stop influenza-like transmission is a bit like trying to stop the wind."

It's apparently a fecal wind in some cases:

"Nicholas A. Christakis
@NAChristakis
· 14h
COVID-19 may have both respiratory and fecal transmission: While a sneeze by someone with a respiratory disease can only infect others within a few meters, virus-laden gaseous plume from infected person with diarrhea can infect others up to 200 meters."

If I had only invested in gold ... this Corona Virus is weakening me :annoyed: :)

I hope it ends soon and everyone feels good!

If I had only invested in gold ... this Corona Virus is weakening me :annoyed: :)

Amen to that.

hm,

Do the media provide it as an Apocalypsis book sceen?
or it is an Apocalypsis story,

I think the next we will see is those guys speaking about God's wrath.

I don't understand the situation in Iran. Are their ties to China that strong that there's a lot of travel between the countries?

What's clear is that they have not had the proper response. Maybe they need a little of Italy's "panic". :)

"In Qom religious figures refuse the advice of health ministry to close Shia shrine & instead hold defiant communal prayer. In a city that's epicenter of an epidemic killing people."

"
Iran Deputy Health Minister tests positive for coronavirus a day after clearly unwell in public press conference. Iran nowhere close to being able to handle outbreak or their borders."

"Dr. Ghadir, top health official in Qom now infected, tells State TV: The health ministry ordered Qom officials "not to publish statistics" related to coronavirus.Wow."

Applying viral growth data metrics to a growing crisis

Reproduction number (#R0)

Case fatality rate (#CFR)

For the flu

R0 = ~1.3

CFR = ~0.1%

For SARS-CoV-2 (2019-nCoV)

R0 = ~2.6 (2x the flu)

CFR = ~1.5% (15x the flu)

If this analysis holds, we're not looking at mass death rates, but I'm sure no one wants to be in that 1.5% death rate, or wants to see their grandparents die of this. The bigger problem, and what might push that number higher is that some are claiming that 20% of those who come down with actual symptoms may need to be in intensive care for up to a month. No one is prepared for this and it will strain public health systems to the max.

A thousand isolated in the hotel of Tenerife where the Italian tourist with coronavirus stayed

National Police agents guard the establishment while performing health checks on employees and guests
https://elpais.com/sociedad/2020/02/25/actualidad/1582620880_129829.html

1582620880_129829_1582633791_noticia_normal_recorte1.jpg

What was going to be a winter holiday at a hotel on the beach in Tenerife has become, for hundreds of tourists, a forced confinement. Nearly a thousand people, including guests and workers, remain isolated at the H10 Costa Adeje Palace since Monday night an Italian tourist who was staying at the establishment tested positive for the coronavirus. National Police agents guard the complex, located in the south of the island, following orders from health authorities, according to police sources. There are also members of the Local Police of Adeje watching that no one enters or leaves the resort, which has all accesses closed, including that of the beach.

The alarm went off on Monday afternoon, when a natural doctor from Lombardy, the region of northern Italy where there are more cases in the country, went to a clinic with symptoms of Covid-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus. The patient had spent a week on vacation at the Tenerife hotel together with his wife. He tested positive in a first test conducted at the University Hospital Nuestra Señora de La Candelaria, in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, where he is admitted and isolated in good health, according to sources from the Ministry of Health. His wife and two other people in his circle also remain under observation in the same hospital, although they have not had symptoms of infection.

People cannot stay in their homes, who eager to travel for God
Being a tourist country will be a problem in such a situation. I don't know what they are waiting for to close the borders.

What they saw in China must have scared the beejesus out of the WHO. Before they went they were making the case that countries should be careful about blocking transportation exchanges.

"Chinese took a very pragmatic approach and decided we are going to go after containment of this virus using that set of tools," Alyward said.

That translates to contact tracing and quarantine.

Julia Belluz
@juliaoftoronto

·
3h
Aylward says "China changed the course of this outbreak." All these measures, he says, are what led to the #covid19 epidemic curve coming down in China.

Also: "Main driver is not widespread community transmission;" it's transmission in households.

Important finding: not huge transmission beyond what you can see clinically, Aylward says. I think that means subclinical/asymp transmission is not that significant. Also: "Main driver is not widespread community transmission;" it's transmission in households.

Translation: most is spread by people who are symptomatic.

Reminder from Aylward: "Young people do die of this disease and they die in industrialized countries." (Risk increases with age but there are deaths in young.) He says death rate in China might be low relative to other countries since they are doing good job keeping ppl alive

Not very comforting.

There's not a lot of evidence of undetected, mild cases in China yet.. .

Aylward on #covid19 healthcare worker infections: in China, "most got infected in the community..." not in hospital
+

How can countries prepare for #covid19? Need beds to isolate people, plan to quarantine the really close contacts, oxygen support, lab capacity to test thousands of people per day, A
lward says (note, doesn't mention a China-like cordon sanitaire)

This is the time for a Manhattan project," Aylward says of #covid19. "Get ready."

live ... in Real Time ...
countries, maps, counter, news

I do not know if it true
but lately something is said about chloroquine

offcourse this might be proven wrong or fake news.

Actually, what Italy is doing is exactly what the WHO and other experts are saying SHOULD be done. It's not panic; it's prudence.

"@WHO
#Covid19 mission chief Bruce Aylward says it's not clear other countries have learned the lesson that containment measures have to be put in place quickly & aggressively."

So I guess the WHO is in a state of panic too?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/24/opinion/coronavirus-pandemic.html

"It’s now clear that the epidemic was never going to be contained. At most, its spread was slowed by the lockdown imposed in China and other countries’ efforts to identify infected people and anyone they might have been in contact with."

Slowing the spread gives hospitals time to prepare and scientists time to work on a vaccine.

"Governments should also conduct Covid-19 preparedness drills in local hospitals and expand hospitals’ temporary capacity, for example, by setting up emergency tents in parking lots, as is already happening in some places in the United States. To minimize the strain on overstressed acute-care hospitals, supportive nursing care might have to be provided, in makeshift facilities and patients’ homes, as was done during severe pandemics in the past, such as the Great Influenza of 1918-19."

"In light of the disease’s features, the quarantine of the passengers and crew members on the Diamond Princess cruise ship in Yokohama Bay in Japan looks like a cruel experiment: While confined, these people were forced to breathe recycled air for two weeks. The measure achieved little except to prove just how effective the virus is at spreading. Trying to stop influenza-like transmission is a bit like trying to stop the wind."

It's apparently a fecal wind in some cases:

"Nicholas A. Christakis
@NAChristakis
· 14h
COVID-19 may have both respiratory and fecal transmission: While a sneeze by someone with a respiratory disease can only infect others within a few meters, virus-laden gaseous plume from infected person with diarrhea can infect others up to 200 meters."

there would have been a mistake from the hospital, they didn't put a man in immediate quarantine who was tested positive for Corona
they let him out on the street again, where he infected many others
that is how it spread so rapidly, and it will probably spread to other parts of Europe now, like it happened in Tenerife

This thread has been viewed 690648 times.

Back