a few days ago ... in Messapia:

The Silence:

ok is a month or 2 more,

China already has the Fusion inhibitor EK1C4 ... etc cure
I just wonder about its Cost,

ok is a month or 2 more,

China already has the Fusion inhibitor EK1C4 ... etc cure
I just wonder about its Cost,

Even if SARS-CoV-2 escaped from Wuhan laboratory, Chinese did not have vaccine against it. They would have used it to save their own people. Creating a new vaccine for coronavirus is somehow much more challenging compared to making flu vaccines.
I am not sure about antivirals, supposedly these should be easier to make.

Somehow I hope there could be a way to help people, which is not about profiting from it on a global level. Perhaps those with COViD-19 antivirals in their blood could donate it for free, so that antiviral serums could be made for those who get seriously ill.

for some countries, overpopulated, 3300 dead, mainly aged, is no problem infront the $.

the more the dead at EU and USA, themore the profit.

Is it too late in some areas for the masks to make much difference?

From La Stampa in one town in Lombardia, 70% of the population has the antibodies for Covid 19, i.e. were infected, and didn't show any symptoms whatsoever.

That's touted as good news.

However, 80 out of the 4600 inhabitants have died of it.

Do the math; that's of the inhabitants, not the infected: it's 1.35% of the "total population".

So, containment came too late.

Is this what herd immunity looks like?

Is it too late in some areas for the masks to make much difference? From La Stampa in one town in Lombardia, 70% of the population has the antibodies for Covid 19, i.e. were infected, and didn't show any symptoms whatsoever. That's touted as good news.However, 80 out of the 4600 inhabitants have died of it. Do the math; that's of the inhabitants, not the infected: it's 1.35% of the "total population". So, containment came too late.Is this what herd immunity looks like?

some how,over 60-66% population to have antibodies.
Italy paid the 2/1000 people, hospital beds of grrr, Εντατικη,
you know the hospital beds with mechanical support
same 2/1000 had the USA, that is why has this problem,
Japan has 9/1000 and China has 8/1000
and offcourse the aged population,
estimation of 'immune of the heard, time was 2-3 months by Scans who allow it happen,

From La Stampa in one town in Lombardia, 70% of the population has the antibodies for Covid 19, i.e. were infected, and didn't show any symptoms whatsoever.

Do the math; that's of the inhabitants, not the infected: it's 1.35% of the "total population".

How did they managed to test people? Is it reliable?

Collage_Fotor-6-scaled-1.jpg

Pictures - work from home in VIlnius

a few days ago ... in Messapia:

The Silence:

Fratelli d’Italia:

But you oh Messapo, Tamer of Horses ... that no one, with neither iron nor fire can break down! “Virgil”

Sorry, mine pictures are out of the line here

Why would they be out of line?

It's good to see people smiling while cooped up. :)

Why would they be out of line?

It's good to see people smiling while cooped up. :)

Unless you mean they'd be more appropriate on a video thread?

I've posted things like this on both...although I'll grant you I doubt they're making music on their balconies in Lombardia, God save them, and for how long they'll have the heart even in the south, as hunger starts to bite, I don't know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBByYjjvNzs

My apologies, fellow members...should have read the article myself.

I'm told this is the actual story: In Northern Italy, 60 volunteers who thought they'd never suffered from Covid 19 gave blood. 40 of them tested positive for Covid 19.

So, 70% "infection" rate, and no serious illness at least, i.e. high fever etc.

It doesn't, of course, mean they don't become ill tomorrow.

Infection rates even close to this would explain what's happening in the hospitals in Lombardia.

there was an estimation days ago, posted, number of those who have or pass coronavirus ,
it depends upon 'orphan' samples, and the expected of ones confirmed,
in each country is different,
Estimation for W Europe was average 6,8 and not 2.5 so about confirmed x 6.8
in my country they estimate by x5 the confirmed, when mention about true spread,

Yet this not Certified, and not trust worthy,

If this pharmacy apotheke was in Greece, they would pay a fine, for overpopulation,
the difference is that personel should be behind a glass like in banks
the law here except such safety precautions also say about how many person enter, at pharmacys the law allow min 1 person per 15 m2 ​ (including personel) of clear area, including personel. (clear area = true area minus storage and warehouses,)
Every where here is 15 m2, except Super markets were it is 10 m2 for now.

So they line up outside; minimally better for the clients, I suppose, since they're out in the open air.

This shouldn't be a contest about which country does things better, or even sound like that.

Don't we all have enough stress without that?

This is an interesting article - why SARS-2 spreads so well compared to SARS-1 (though in many other aspects they are very similar)

The new coronavirus has an HIV-like mutation that means its ability to bind with human cells could be up to 1,000 times as strong as the Sars virus, according to new research by scientists in China and Europe.
Scientists showed that Sars (severe acute respiratory syndrome) entered the human body by binding with a receptor protein called ACE2 on a cell membrane. And some early studies suggested that the new coronavirus, which shares about 80 per cent of the genetic structure of Sars, might follow a similar path.

But the ACE2 protein does not exist in large quantities in healthy people, and this partly helped to limit the scale of the Sars outbreak of 2002-03, in which infected about 8,000 people around the world.

Other highly contagious viruses, including HIV and Ebola, target an enzyme called furin, which works as a protein activator in the human body. Many proteins are inactive or dormant when they are produced and have to be “cut” at specific points to activate their various functions.

When looking at the genome sequence of the new coronavirus, Professor Ruan Jishou and his team at Nankai University in Tianjin found a section of mutated genes that did not exist in Sars, but were similar to those found in HIV and Ebola.

“This finding suggests that 2019-nCoV [the new coronavirus] may be significantly different from the Sars coronavirus in the infection pathway,”
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/soc...e-likely-sars-bond-human-cells-scientists-say

The reason why some people think SARS-2 was manufactured is because of its similarity to SARs 2003. It is like an updated SARS - 1 version, rather than a new product. Earlier, SARs, MERs, EBOLA, HIV, they all were "originals" - entirely new viruses.

So far, scientists do not know how to produce an entirely new virus. They take an existing one and alter it by deleting/inserting parts of different viruses, depending on qualities that they want to bring out in a new manufactured virus. In this respect
SARS-CoV-2 looks like it was made on SARS 2003 platform plus some alterations regarding susceptibility.

On the other hand, SARS-CoV-2 might have developed by itself, only nobody can find an animal vector who had this virus naturally in nature. The whole story really makes one wonder. I suppose China tries to avoid any association with SARS-CoV-2 by any means, as it caused so much damage Worldwide.

Indeed, it does make one wonder, especially as the Wuhan bioweapons lab is just hundreds of yards from the Wuhan "wet" market, as I heard today.

In the early days there were posts from within Wuhan which said low level employees at the lab would sell lab animals to the wet market once the scientists were through with them. Then the reports stopped.

I have no way of knowing whether it was a scurrilous rumor or not.

What I do know is that some human beings are capable of any stupidity or cupidity, so no one should be surprised if it turns out to be true.

So they line up outside; minimally better for the clients, I suppose, since they're out in the open air.

This shouldn't be a contest about which country does things better, or even sound like that.

Don't we all have enough stress without that?

maybe we do all have stress,
but after 'touch', second is distance,
and the most annoying is when they pass beside you,
with no masks and no gloves,

I went to street shop for 'stupid things to buy' and nobody respect distance and rest,
some use money, coins and papper without gloves.
I went again 2 days after wearing my half-face filter mask, sea glasses!!! of my daughters, and my plastic 'suit' I use at orchande
and all were afraid of me, and keep distance,

no matter most pharmacies I use at orcande are biological, I am afraid of concentrations,
and I have 2 times to face chemicals per year,
the daily exercise for all elders from Meditterenean,
a small piece land outside town,

@Dagne

always an optimist,
transmiting hope and smile,

Collage_Fotor-6-scaled-1.jpg

well most measures are MUST,
but some are funny,
Like the late 2 laws,
1. swimming is forbiden at sea, everywhere here,
2. amateur fishing from shores also forbiten

This thread has been viewed 695563 times.

Back