Health New Coronavirus in China

^^That's as may be, but that has nothing to do with the papers which were withdrawn.

The papers which were withdrawn, over "bad" data which has yet to be explained, said it was "dangerous", which doctors who work with it every day knew was crap, which is why so many of them were taking it prophylactically.

The biggest travesty is the people who need it, and were scared out of taking it. Criminal.

C20001_SocialMediaIcon_Second-Wave-Virus_LinkedIn_v5.jpg

https://www.nomuraconnects.com/focused-thinking-posts/gauging-the-risk-of-a-second-wave-of-covid-19/

This is hot off the presses... "A secretly recorded meeting between the editors-in-chief of "The Lancet" and "New England Journal of Medicine" reveal both men bemoaning the "criminal" influence big pharma has on scientific research."

Key names and places:
Richard Horton
Phillippe DousTe-Blazy
Chatham House

Angela, as a small favor, could you rate my powers of prediction on a scale between one and one hundred? I think I have some skills here... what says you?

Richard Horton (EIC of The Lancet) also says: "Now we are not going to be able to basically, if this continues, PUBLISH ANY MORE CLINICAL RESEARCH DATA BECAUSE THE PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES ARE SO FINANCIALLY POWERFUL today and are able to use such methodologies, as to have us accept paper which are apparently methodologically perfect, but which in reality, MANAGE TO CONCLUDE WHAT THEY WANT THEM TO CONCLUDE."

p.s. I added caps for emphasis

Last edited:
This is hot off the presses... "A secretly recorded meeting between the editors-in-chief of "The Lancet" and "New England Journal of Medicine" reveal both men bemoaning the "criminal" influence big pharma has on scientific research."

Key names and places:
Richard Horton
Phillippe DousTe-Blazy
Chatham House

Angela, as a small favor, could you rate my powers of prediction on a scale between one and one hundred? I think I have some skills here... what says you?

Richard Horton (EIC of The Lancet) also says: "Now we are not going to be able to basically, if this continues, PUBLISH ANY MORE CLINICAL RESEARCH DATA BECAUSE THE PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES ARE SO FINANCIALLY POWERFUL today and are able to use such methodologies, as to have us accept paper which are apparently methodologically perfect, but which in reality, MANAGE TO CONCLUDE WHAT THEY WANT THEM TO CONCLUDE."

p.s. I added caps for emphasis

Well, I have a problem with some of this. First of all, pharmaceutical companies, or at least the ones which make chloroquine, would seem to me to WANT the study to show that it's efficacious against COVID both as a prophylactic or for treatment.

Second of all, they wouldn't make much money, because the patent is long expired and it's cheap as dirt to make and buy.

Third and most important anyone wanting to get to the bottom of this would have to investigate the disgusting scientist, Sapan Desai, CEO of Surgisphere, who provided the data and see if he has any specific ties to a pharmaceutical company or to any other group for that matter.

It's possible, but it's also possible he's just an incompetent and fraudulent quack, because this disgrace to the scientific community is having all his myriad papers pulled and audited, and it turns out he even digitally manipulated the visuals on his PHD dissertation. Of course, if all his work is sold to a specific company, that would be a different story, but again, a pharmaceutical company would WANT this medicine to be seen to work, and that's not what the "data" such as it was, showed. It might be possible that if someone was paying him to do it, it would be someone hoping to embarrass the administration, although I suppose it could also be some company making a different drug.

Another possibility is that the other scientists just expressed the perhaps innocent comment that they hoped it wouldn't work because of their own prejudices, and he happily obliged.

Needless to say, a lot of this would be extremely difficult to prove in a court of law, and, like Rorschach tests, people often see in the circumstances what they want to see. That 's why actual "evidence" is essential.

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2...t-scientific-papers?__twitter_impression=true

The WHO, the CDC, and even Dr. Fauci got it wrong when they initially said mask wearing doesn't help. Just plain old common sense and looking at the success of the Asian mask wearing cultures told a different story, which is why I said months ago that I was buying and wearing masks.

Now this...

"Study suggests that routine face mask use by 50% or more of the population reduced COVID19 spread to an R of less than 1.0. Other studies have generated similar estimates. More widespread masking with higher quality masks could help mitigate a second wave."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ent-covid-19-second-waves-study-idUSKBN23G37V

The ones who are skeptical are probably on record initially as saying they wouldn't work and don't have the guts or the honesty to admit they were wrong.

The WHO, the CDC, and even Dr. Fauci got it wrong when they initially said mask wearing doesn't help. Just plain old common sense and looking at the success of the Asian mask wearing cultures told a different story, which is why I said months ago that I was buying and wearing masks.

Now this...

"Study suggests that routine face mask use by 50% or more of the population reduced COVID19 spread to an R of less than 1.0. Other studies have generated similar estimates. More widespread masking with higher quality masks could help mitigate a second wave."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ent-covid-19-second-waves-study-idUSKBN23G37V

The ones who are skeptical are probably on record initially as saying they wouldn't work and don't have the guts or the honesty to admit they were wrong.

The WHO, the CDC and Fauci knew exactly what they were doing. The discouraged the use of masks so that the medical professionals would not have to compete for masks with individuals. Now that PPE supply lines have been firmly established they started encouraging the use of masks. Of course they could have encouraged the use of home made masks...

Definitely the number of new confirmed cases keep going in both Florida and our county. It is definitely a second wave. Hopefully our hospitals are fully stocked.

6jhglh8.png

"Perfectly Healthy" teen according to the headline?

Look, it is sad that he died, but this kid did not look perfectly healthy, he looks to be obese.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://people.com/health/16-year-old-dies-suddenly-from-covid-19/[/FONT]

In Sweden they have adopted Resistiré which has been the anthem in Spain during the Covid 19

For the third day in a row, a record number of new cases of COVID-19 were announced by the Florida Department of Health Saturday morning.
Today's 2,581 new cases topped Friday's record of 1,902 new cases of the coronavirus confirmed in the state since the pandemic began.
There are now 73,552 confirmed cases of the coronavirus in Florida.
Statewide case increases have been more than 1,000 per day since June 3, except for a 966 increase announced Monday.
Phase 1 reopening of the state began May 18, followed by more openings in Phase 2 which began June 5.
The number of reported deaths increased to 2,925, an increase of 48 since Friday.
The total number of people who have been hospitalized is 11,874, though the Department of Health notes that figure does not reflect the number of COVID-19 patients currently in hospitals.

https://www.floridatoday.com/story/...rus-cases-deaths-hospitalizations/3182130001/

^Well, along with the re-opening, is everyone masked? It's still important.

I went to Whole Foods for the first time yesterday. You wait outside at marks on the ground which are four feet apart. You have to sterilize your hands before you go in from a big vat of liquid. Absolutely everyone was masked and most had on gloves. I saw people remove and toss the gloves when they left.

You can't fix stupid. If people aren't taking these kinds of precautions there's going to be trouble.

For the third day in a row, a record number of new cases of COVID-19 were announced by the Florida Department of Health Saturday morning.
Today's 2,581 new cases topped Friday's record of 1,902 new cases of the coronavirus confirmed in the state since the pandemic began.
There are now 73,552 confirmed cases of the coronavirus in Florida.
Statewide case increases have been more than 1,000 per day since June 3, except for a 966 increase announced Monday.
Phase 1 reopening of the state began May 18, followed by more openings in Phase 2 which began June 5.
The number of reported deaths increased to 2,925, an increase of 48 since Friday.
The total number of people who have been hospitalized is 11,874, though the Department of Health notes that figure does not reflect the number of COVID-19 patients currently in hospitals.

https://www.floridatoday.com/story/...rus-cases-deaths-hospitalizations/3182130001/

I went to Whole Foods for the first time yesterday. You wait outside at marks on the ground which are four feet apart. You have to sterilize your hands before you go in from a big vat of liquid. Absolutely everyone was masked and most had on gloves. I saw people remove and toss the gloves when they left.

You can't fix stupid. If people aren't taking these kinds of precautions there's going to be trouble.

https://fdoh.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/8d0de33f260d444c852a615dc7837c86

No, only 20% are wearing masks in the supermarkets last time I went out.

Dr. Anthony Fauci has said that the reason the public was advised not to wear masks at the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic was because there were too few to go around.
Speaking to finance site The Street, Fauci, the government's foremost infectious diseases expert, was asked about the changing government advice on wearing masks.
During January through March, as the spread of the disease became more and more serious, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) actively discouraged the use of masks among the general public.
By early April, simple cloth face coverings were recommended for the general public, instead of of PPE such as surgical or N95 masks, The New York Times reported.
Fauci's comments echo those of Surgeon-General Jerome Adams on March 2 who said that the increased demand for masks was putting medical professionals at risk.
A few days earlier he had claimed on Twitter that masks are "not effective in preventing" COVID-19 in the general public, urging "Seriously people- STOP BUYING MASKS!" He alter reversed his advice.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/fauci-said-us-govt-held-154828784.html

Like I said, they knew exactly what they were doing.

Last edited:
On Monday, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) revoked its Emergency Use Authorization that allowed doctors to prescribe chloroquine and its derivatives to treat SARS-CoV-2 infections. The move came in response to a growing body of data indicating that the drugs had little to no impact on the progression of COVID-19 but retained all of its well-known side effects. But the politics behind these drugs, which have a user list that includes President Donald Trump, will probably continue to drive controversy long after this decision.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/06/us-fda-pulls-its-emergency-approval-of-chloroquine-use-for-covid-19/

Now the randomized, double blind trials will continue so we can actually have scientific evidence one way or the other.

On Monday, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) revoked its Emergency Use Authorization that allowed doctors to prescribe chloroquine and its derivatives to treat SARS-CoV-2 infections. The move came in response to a growing body of data indicating that the drugs had little to no impact on the progression of COVID-19 but retained all of its well-known side effects. But the politics behind these drugs, which have a user list that includes President Donald Trump, will probably continue to drive controversy long after this decision.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/06/us-fda-pulls-its-emergency-approval-of-chloroquine-use-for-covid-19/

Now the randomized, double blind trials will continue so we can actually have scientific evidence one way or the other.

I know you love repeating this over and over. However, let me repeat: It has been used for decades, and IT DOES NOT HAVE BAD SIDE EFFECTS, relatively speaking. Trust me; I know. If you read the warning labels on bottles of aspirin you'd be tempted to never take another one.

This thread has been viewed 695575 times.

Back