Health New Coronavirus in China

As for church, no matter Catholic protestant or Orthodox,
or Islamic religion,

from days now, here in Greece are open for personal pray, with max 10 person inside includiing priest,
and according the m2, 15m2, for allowed person to enter,
NO LITURGIE IS ALLOWED,
Divine Communication is suspended here,

2 Bishops and 3 priest already here face the judge, waiting for the court, for breaking the law,
21 muslim immigrants have same treaty, for having turn an appartment to Monsk and pray,
WE WILL NOT HAVE TRADITIONAL EASTER, (Easter in Greece is like Christmas or 4th of July in America)
the 3 days of Easter is the ultimate bet,

and for funerals, I have posted a photo, They are done under permission,
I post it again,
No open coffin, max 10 relatives at ceremony according the m2 of church inside
, and at cemetery distances of 2 meters min,
and personally, I do not know how safe it is, but precautions are taken according law and science,

5062255.jpg

And there you have it...

What have I been saying all along about their attitude? They'd rather blame Italy and Spain than China. Of course they need China right now. Many of their companies have lucrative deals with China.

Did any other countries vote no?

I said I'd try to keep my political commentary out of this thread, so all I'll add is: HAVE THE DAMN YES/NO REFERENDUM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

My Commentary is only regarding what I hope Italy does, not speaking for any other country as to what they should or not do, as I have no ancestral ties to any other country. I hope Italy votes out of the EU. Get control of their own borders and create policies that provide incentives that encourage Italian local businesses to manufacture key supplies, medical and food, first and foremost. Work with countries like the UK, and the USA. Italy has been one of the most loyal USA allies with 7 NATO bases starting in Catania, Sicily (Navy) to Army base I think it is North of Venice, with bases located in prime areas between Naples and Rome (Navy) and Army base in Tuscany. That is something I think the Italians have that the USA respects and values and can be used to develop more strategic relationships beyond NATO, ie. Economic. There are over 17 million Americans of Italian ancestry who love to visit Italy and buy lots of imported products from Italy, Wine, Cheese, Olives, Pasta, etc. Italy has over 300 ports best I can tell. That can be leveraged in terms of Italy impacting supply chains and transportation of goods throughout the Continent. From what I can tell, relations with Spain and Greece are very good (at least that is what I observed when I was there last Summer, again sample is only based on being in Sicily and Rome). So I think those are 2 other countries that Italy could easily negotiate direct bilateral trade deals with.

UK and Brexit did not cause the Sun to not rise in the East and Set in the West.

My Commentary is only regarding what I hope Italy does, not speaking for any other country as to what they should or not do, as I have no ancestral ties to any other country. I hope Italy votes out of the EU. Get control of their own borders and create policies that provide incentives that encourage Italian local businesses to manufacture key supplies, medical and food, first and foremost. Work with countries like the UK, and the USA. Italy has been one of the most loyal USA allies with 7 NATO bases starting in Catania, Sicily (Navy) to Army base I think it is North of Venice, with bases located in prime areas between Naples and Rome (Navy) and Army base in Tuscany. That is something I think the Italians have that the USA respects and values and can be used to develop more strategic relationships beyond NATO, ie. Economic. There are over 17 million Americans of Italian ancestry who love to visit Italy and buy lots of imported products from Italy, Wine, Cheese, Olives, Pasta, etc. Italy has over 300 ports best I can tell. That can be leveraged in terms of Italy impacting supply chains and transportation of goods throughout the Continent. From what I can tell, relations with Spain and Greece are very good (at least that is what I observed when I was there last Summer, again sample is only based on being in Sicily and Rome). So I think those are 2 other countries that Italy could easily negotiate direct bilateral trade deals with.

UK and Brexit did not cause the Sun to not rise in the East and Set in the West.

it is not like this, or such easy,
just only think the exclusives sea interest economical zones,
and the money Italy spend on Balkans,
as also the pipelines already exist and will be done to Italy,
Yet that is a desicion of Italians

Cigarette consumption in Europe: That isn't the difference, as Germans smoke more.
309-2.png

469A81BB-2123-4993-A98E-59660A2DBEEE.png

ST_2015-05-21_family-support-40.png

ST_2015-05-21_family-support-44.png

Younger people picked it up, they spread it to their older relatives. We're also a touchy, kissy, huggy people. I'm not going to regret it or suggest we change. Mental health is important too, but our strengths, in this particular situation, may have turned into weaknesses.

Pollution in Lombardia may also be a part of it, as may the transparency of the Italian numbers versus those of other countries, or there's a lag, or it's the super-spreader soccer match, like the Mardi Gras in New Orleans or the Chinese Lunar Day parades in New York, or they got off to a late start because they couldn't find Patient 0. Now that we know there are quite a few false negatives with these test kits, perhaps the friend from Wuhan with whom one of the first patients had dinner was indeed positive, and he should have gone into quarantine along with anyone else with whom he interacted.

I'm sure what the northerners are saying is that the Italians don't have a good health system, or good hospitals, or aren't obeying the rules. This is LOMBARDIA and EMILIA-ROMAGNA, which, if we go by regions, are among the richest regions in Europe, with excellent hospitals, and they're pretty damn good about following most rules. Perhaps the young didn't in the beginning, but I don't see the young behaving very responsibly here either.

mom_sept_2011-large_legend-final_pict.jpg

And, I might add, this is not wealth produced by clusters of bureaucrats, or mostly by people working in financial markets. In Emilia Romagna especially, it's small businesses.

main-qimg-eb7cda71800c7dc96790356f855a52b4

Italians like Greeks live very close and sometimes in the same house with their parents or grandparents or see them daily. I think that is one of the major reasons that it spread so fast. The young ones brought it back from the club or the cafe and passed it on to their parents and grandparents. I think Greece learned Italy's lessons very fast and imposed mandatory social distancing quickly.

The newspaper De Volksrant had a prudence comment a few days ago:

at least De Volkskrant explains the situation,
La Vanguardia only tells what their readers want to hear

the EU and the ECB have been clear in their communication about making deficits to counter the corona epidemic

it is not like this, or such easy,
just only think the exclusives sea interest economical zones,
and the money Italy spend on Balkans,
as also the pipelines already exist and will be done to Italy,
Yet that is a desicion of Italians

I don't think there are bad relations with the Balkan states and Italy. However, Italy does have > 300 Sea ports. Germany only has like 80, Netherlands maybe 30 or so. Not talking about inland ports, which the Dutch have plenty off, but that is more to transport goods from within Netherlands to the Sea Ports on the Coast. So that is a Strategic Asset that the Italians have that can be leveraged. The fact that Italy allows the USA to maintain 7 strategic bases in prime areas of Italy from Sicily to Veneto is another strategic asset that the Italians have over most of the other EU countries. These NATO ties can also be used to further develop economic ties. Hypothetically, if the Italians were to exit EU and Italian ports become more and more of economic asset that the Italians have to impact Supply chains, the USA could given the bases there help with Security of those ports. So my comments are analyzing what are the strategic assets Italy has. 1) They do have 311 Sea Ports to be exact, more than double the combined amount the Dutch and Germans have, 2) The USA has 7 strategic bases in Italy, way more than what is in either the Netherlands or Germany. That is not an opinion, but fact. 3) There are in fact 17 Million Americans of Italian ancestry, and US Census data indicates that out of the 108 Ethnic groups surveyed in terms of per capita income (96 + 12 American Indian distinct Tribes), Americans of Italian ancestry has a per capita Income of $72,000 US Dollars based on 2016 Census data, #25 in the country. So like me, most of of us still fill strong ties to the regions of Italy where our ancestors came from, it is the # 1 tourist destination for Americans of Italian ancestry and many who meet the qualifications are getting dual citizenship under the Italian "Jure Sanguinis" laws. Italians, I guess similar to the Irish in America, are one of those Ethnic groups that still have a sense of connectives to where there ancestors came from. Speaking for me, assuming next summer this COVID19 situation is under control, I will spend my vacation in Italy my plan is to visit Sicily again, Campania (Vesuvius) and Rome again and make sure I spend money in local shops, restaurants and hotels. So cultural tourism between Italy and USA Americans of Italian ancestry is also something the Italian Government and Business leaders can leverage.

So from my reading of much of the Youtube comments and reading news articles from Italy, it is very possible the Italians could say "basta" to the EU.

I don't think there are bad relations with the Balkan states and Italy. However, Italy does have > 300 Sea ports. Germany only has like 80, Netherlands maybe 30 or so. Not talking about inland ports, which the Dutch have plenty off, but that is more to transport goods from within Netherlands to the Sea Ports on the Coast. So that is a Strategic Asset that the Italians have that can be leveraged. The fact that Italy allows the USA to maintain 7 strategic bases in prime areas of Italy from Sicily to Veneto is another strategic asset that the Italians have over most of the other EU countries. These NATO ties can also be used to further develop economic ties. Hypothetically, if the Italians were to exit EU and Italian ports become more and more of economic asset that the Italians have to impact Supply chains, the USA could given the bases there help with Security of those ports. So my comments are analyzing what are the strategic assets Italy has. 1) They do have 311 Sea Ports to be exact, more than double the combined amount the Dutch and Germans have, 2) The USA has 7 strategic bases in Italy, way more than what is in either the Netherlands or Germany. That is not an opinion, but fact. 3) There are in fact 17 Million Americans of Italian ancestry, and US Census data indicates that out of the 108 Ethnic groups surveyed in terms of per capita income (96 + 12 American Indian distinct Tribes), Americans of Italian ancestry has a per capita Income of $72,000 US Dollars based on 2016 Census data, #25 in the country. So like me, most of of us still fill strong ties to the regions of Italy where our ancestors came from, it is the # 1 tourist destination for Americans of Italian ancestry and many who meet the qualifications are getting dual citizenship under the Italian "Jure Sanguinis" laws. Italians, I guess similar to the Irish in America, are one of those Ethnic groups that still have a sense of connectives to where there ancestors came from. Speaking for me, assuming next summer this COVID19 situation is under control, I will spend my vacation in Italy my plan is to visit Sicily again, Campania (Vesuvius) and Rome again and make sure I spend money in local shops, restaurants and hotels. So cultural tourism between Italy and USA Americans of Italian ancestry is also something the Italian Government and Business leaders can leverage.

So from my reading of much of the Youtube comments and reading news articles from Italy, it is very possible the Italians could say "basta" to the EU.

Italy spend a lot of E at balkans,
If makes an exit how these founds be considered,
until 2025 Italy must decide about Green Line and East Med line,
her participation is not safe yet, cause does not sign treaty with France, Greece, Albania, for the exclusive economical zones (was not present at Cairo)

Yet the desicion of remaining or leaving Eu is up the italians to decide,

and something for the record,
at Corona virus crisis in Italy we see 2 tottaly strange things,

1. while N Italy is over her limits, breaking all records
the village of Vo'Eugenao in Padova drives the oposite way, they beat Coronavirus in 14 days, a unique result/record no other achive yet.

2. Italy ordered masks from Turkey which stop at customs of Turkey,
while same time was producing for Greece which stop at customs at Ancona,

what italy needs, is new unification idea, and a strong and clear will and voice politician,
and leave beside 'voices' and political comets
if inside EU or outside EU its up to them,
look how many years for Brexit, and still ...

I am speaking about politics, upon the dead now,
I am making policy, as the vulture around the corpse,
there will be enough time for this,
until then, the least we can do is to pray for them,
I do not believe Italians are not smart, but I consider it not wise to spread 'voices' now.
there will be plenty of time for this,

???
Rotterdam is the biggest port of Europe, combined with Antwerpen, Hamburg, Amsterdam and Bremen I guess the biggest European port capacity is in this North Sea region.

hh1efa87av.08.57.png

???
Rotterdam is the biggest port of Europe, combined with Antwerpen and Hamburg I guess the biggest European port capacity is in this North Sea region.

Rotterdam is the only with 6 degree dock/terminal in Europe,

Chinese offer to build 2 at Greece, USA ofeered for 1, and Russia also offered for 1,
but the enviromental disaster will be big, so until now , we do not,

I am out,

I am talking politics,
instead of moarning the dead, and pray :ashamed2:

I understand the frustration.
Every member state has its own reasons to leave.

However, if Italians would vote, I hope they'll be better informed than this.
Those voting Brexit were not.
Where it all will lead to remains to be seen.

Rotterdam is the only with 6 degree doc/terminal in Europe,

From Trapani:
Not talking about inland ports, which the Dutch have plenty off, but that is more to transport goods from within Netherlands to the Sea Ports on the Coast.

Not true. The biggest international and European orientated port capacity is in the North Sea room, Rotterdam is the only port in Europa that can compete in international context.

@ Trapani,

my last question,
these are the maximum predictions for USA before 2 days

USA with Swiss's statistics

InfectedDeaths

USA with Italy's statistics

InfectedDeaths

The city will be hit most probably is NY and the nearby states,
if presidents desicions do not like to Yankees,
would you advise Yankees to Exit the Union, or to enter a confederation etc, in the middle of the crisis?
if state measures for Alaska or Texas are not the best for Alaskans
Would you advise Alaskans or Texans to revolt against Union? especially now, the moment of coronavirus battle?

Only NY city 32000 infected when USA has 137 000, about 1/4
How about indepentend NY and nearby?
it has Manhatan, WTC, etc etc
or better, how about a revolt?
there are millions Irish Dutch Greeks Spanish etc, Europe will support them,

Is it a wise advice now?
would it help NYrkers or Alaskans or Italians to exit their Unions now or revolt?

Please, people, investigate before you speak.

The Federal Government is sending to New York:

4,000 ventilators with more to come

PPE protective equipment

The Federal Army Corp of Engineers, which has already built 4 field hospitals and is building 4 more

A floating hospital ship in New York Harbor with one more to come

Testing kits, plus...

Billions in aid for New York's own efforts against the Coronavirus.

The only comparison is Hubei province and the help which came in from the central government, although ours is a federal system and a democracy, so more decisions and procurements are made on a local level.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO COMPARISON WITH ITALY (or SPAIN) and the EU.

The EU has given Italy no help WHATSOEVER: NONE. ZILCH. NADA.

Albania is the only individual country so far which has stepped up, because they remember what aid was given to them, and they have some honor.

If you don't know anything about what's going on in the U.S. then don't try to compare it to the situation in the EU.

As for what happens after, if it were up to me I'd exit the EU, say screw your Euros, and get help elsewhere, from China if necessary. Let China help us rebuild, as the U.S. did after WWII. I'd prefer it be the U.S. again, but President Trump, even if it meant beneficial trade deals, has a Congress to answer to...The Communist Party of China answers only to itself, and they always take the long view.

PPE protective equipment

The Federal Army Corp of Engineers, which has already built 4 field hospitals and is building 4 more

Testing kits, plus...

The only comparison is Hubei province and the help which came in from the central government, although ours is a federal system and a democracy, so more decisions and procurements are made on a local level.

Albania is the only individual country so far which has stepped up, because they remember what aid was given to them, and they have some honor.

If you don't know anything about what's going on in the U.S. then don't try to compare it to the situation in the EU.

As for what happens after, if it were up to me I'd exit the EU, say screw your Euros, and get help elsewhere, from China if necessary. Let China help us rebuild, as the U.S. did after WWII. I'd prefer it be the U.S. again, but President Trump, even if it meant beneficial trade deals, has a Congress to answer to...The Communist Party of China answers only to itself, and they always take the long view.

Just so I don't have to listen to any more nonsense about it:

7 million people left Wuhan, China in January...after govt officials knew about coronavirus human to human transmission (and suppressed it) before travel was restricted (NYT).7 million people.

If we're going to have to "sup" with the devil, we'd better have really long spoons. (Chaucer, if I remember correctly). :)

From Trapani:

Not true. The biggest international and European orientated port capacity is in the North Sea room, Rotterdam is the only port in Europa that can compete in international context.

I am well aware of that port being the largest. However, Italy has the ability, or can partner with countries, to develop several of those 311 ports to compete more on an International Level if its Political leaders can think Strategically. As I also stated, Italy strategically is very Important to the USA with the 7 Military installations it has from Catania in Sicily (US Navy) and US Army In Veneto (Airborne Units). For the most part, Italy's politicians, even the Center Left have kept those who maybe are not happy about the US having that much of a presence there at bay (even during the 80's when tensions were hotter during Reagan/Thatcher/Soviet Union era). From individuals I know that have served in the US Armed forces, and friends who have family who have served, there, overwhelmingly US Military personnel feel they are treated very well by the Italians and enjoy being posted in Italy.

I am not disputing the Rotterdam port being the largest in Europe, it is no doubt. My analysis is only looking at the potential strategic assets that Italy has if it were to leave the EU. The 311 Ports is one asset and the importance of Italy as a NATO ally to the USA and its strategic importance given the amount of strategically located Military installations I think gives Italy some strategic advantages that it could leverage if its Political leaders were not so "pazzo."

PPE protective equipment

Testing kits, plus...

Italy send 300 000 masks to china
and china return 1 000 000,

as for the rest,
I repeat,
Italy order equipment from Turkey which stoped at Customs,
and made equipments for Greece whichstop at Customs,
effect of open trade and globalization import to rest world by Clinton after the war in Yugoslavia.

Italy has broke all records
But Also Italians manage to achive the unique -NO CORONAVIRUS- record at 14 days,
that means that Italians have the guts, and the strong will, if decide and guided correct,

Again for last time,

I am making policy like a vulture beside the dead, or like the waiting raven beside the wound.

As for USA
they are 2 months behind Wuhan
and 1 month behind Europe,
and yet boming like crazy,
If they want they could stop it,
They had the time to do it,
But no, nowthey run to build field hospitals
and by what I rearn they hire 2000 fridge tracks for their,
Italy was surprized, Europe was surprized,
BUT USA HAS NO EXCUSE to call surprized.

σωνε, I feel guilty,
we speak politics behind a screen, instead of volunteer for help,

@ Trapani,

my last question,
these are the maximum predictions for USA before 2 days

USA with Swiss's statistics

InfectedDeaths

USA with Italy's statistics

InfectedDeaths

The city will be hit most probably is NY and the nearby states,
if presidents desicions do not like to Yankees,
would you advise Yankees to Exit the Union, or to enter a confederation etc, in the middle of the crisis?
if state measures for Alaska or Texas are not the best for Alaskans
Would you advise Alaskans or Texans to revolt against Union? especially now, the moment of coronavirus battle?

Only NY city 32000 infected when USA has 137 000, about 1/4
How about indepentend NY and nearby?
it has Manhatan, WTC, etc etc
or better, how about a revolt?
there are millions Irish Dutch Greeks Spanish etc, Europe will support them,

Is it a wise advice now?
would it help NYrkers or Alaskans or Italians to exit their Unions now or revolt?

Yetos: The USA is a Country. The EU is not a country and what we saw when early on when Italy starting having problems is all the major EU countries did not quickly close their airports, even when Italy did (restricting travel from China). Border checks were not in place, so returning Chinese celebrating the Chinese new year, celebrations that were in full force in January in anticipation of the Chinese New year which began on 25 January, could fly to France, or Holland, or Germany and catch a train back to Italy. Once the proverbial crap hit the fan in Italy, what did France and Germany do. Restrict any medical supplies, medical equipment, from being shipped to Italy. Border checks were put in place to prevent the shipment of such goods. So while Italy was hit with this, other EU countries had time to stock up supplies, equipment and prepare hospitals before the crap hit the fan in there countries. So what did being in the EU matter to Italy?

So Italians revolting against the EU is not comparable to a US State revolting against the USA. The EU is just a "whatever it is now" between member countries.

Like I said, I hope Italy leaves the EU. That is my hope. For the USA, I voted for Trump in 2016 and will vote for him again. He was 100% correct in 2016 that 1) Borders matter, and you better have strong security measures on knowing who is coming in and out and be able to protect your border when you need to (which btw, is exactly what Mr. Macron and Ms. Merkel did once they saw how Bad Italy was being hit), 2) Trump in 2016 has been consistently talking about the USA being to dependent on China for too much stuff and that hurts the Economic and National security of the USA, and now we know, Health Security

Whatever happens, I hope this causes a rethinking of the Supply Chain of goods as it relates to the USA (people from other countries can vote for leaders in your own country to deal with these issues going forward) and now the majority of this Country will wake up to having Border security and an orderly system that processes immigrants into this Country. As I pointed out to some friends of mine, when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor on 7 December 1941, resulting the next day the USA entering WW2, FDR could sit in Washington DC and look across the USA and everything this country needed to equip what would be 16 Million servicemen was able to be produced right in the USA. Today, this country can't produce enough medical equipment, supplies to deal with this and 80% of the Pharmaceuticals that this country needs come from Communist China. That is while I want say Criminal, is as far beyond Stupid as one can go, i.e. eternally stupid.

This thread has been viewed 692596 times.

Back