Health New Coronavirus in China

It seems that people were dying from what was attributed to influenza and pneumonia just as epidemic was spreading. These deaths were far in excess of the nominal deaths in March and April particularly in New York and New Jersey. These dying patients were not tested.

Deaths across America spiked as Covid-19 began its spread, and many were never attributed to the new coronavirus, researchers reported Monday.

"Notable increases" in deaths were seen in March and early April, the team led by the Yale School of Public Health found. This was especially true in New York and New Jersey, states hard-hit by the pandemic.
The study was first reported by the Washington Post.

Families sue Atlanta senior-care facility at heart of deadly Covid-19 outbreak

Using data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the team found about 15,000 excess deaths from March 1 to April 4. During the same time, states reported 8,000 deaths from Covid-19. "That is close to double," Dan Weinberger, who studies the epidemiology of infectious diseases at Yale, told CNN.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/27/health/deaths-spike-covid-spread/index.html

UK says some children have died from syndrome linked to COVID-19
TUE APR 28, 2020 / 5:48 AM EDT

Reuters - Guy Faulconbridge and Kate Holton

CpTFfKh.jpg
LONDON (Reuters) - Some children in the United Kingdom with no underlying health conditions have died from a rare inflammatory syndrome which researchers believe to be linked to COVID-19, Health Secretary Matt Hancock said on Tuesday.Italian and British medical experts are investigating a possible link between the coronavirus pandemic and clusters of severe inflammatory disease among infants who are arriving in hospital with high fevers and swollen arteries.

Doctors in northern Italy, one of the world's hardest-hit areas during the pandemic, have reported extraordinarily large numbers of children under age 9 with severe cases of what appears to be Kawasaki disease, more common in parts of Asia.

“There are some children who have died who didn't have underlying health conditions," Hancock told LBC Radio.

"It's a new disease that we think may be caused by coronavirus and the COVID-19 virus, we're not 100% sure because some of the people who got it hadn't tested positive, so we're doing a lot of research now but it is something that we're worried about."

Children were until now thought to be much less susceptible than their parents or grandparents to the most deadly complications wrought by the novel coronavirus, though the mysterious inflammatory disease noticed in Britain, Spain and Italy may demand a reassessment.

"It is rare, although it is very significant for those children who do get it, the number of cases is small," Hancock, one of the ministers leading Britain's COVID-19 response, said.

He did not give an exact figure for the number of deaths.

Kawasaki disease, whose cause is unknown, is associated with fever, skin rashes, swelling of glands, and in severe cases, inflammation of arteries of the heart.

Britain's National Health Service says the syndrome only affects about eight in every 100,000 children every year, with most aged under 5.

p8YK4ai.jpg

There is some evidence that individuals can inherit a predisposition to the disease, but the pattern is not clear.

Children either testing positive for COVID-19 or for its antibodies have presented gastrointestinal symptoms such as abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea in the last two weeks, the Spanish Pediatric Association said on Monday.

Though the children were otherwise in good health, their condition could evolve within hours into shock, featuring tachycardia and hypotension even without fever.

Most cases were detected in school-age or teenage minors, and sometimes overlapped with Kawasaki disease or toxic shock syndrome (TSS).

Parents should be vigilant, junior British interior minister Victoria Atkins said.

“It demonstrates just how fast moving this virus is and how unprecedented it is in its effect," Atkins told Sky News.

Professor Anne Marie Rafferty, the president of the Royal College of Nursing, said she had heard reports about the similarity between cases in infants and Kawasaki syndrome.

"Actually there's far too little known about it and the numbers actually at the moment are really too small," told Sky News. "But it is an alert, and it's something that's actually being explored and examined by a number of different researchers."

(Reporting by Guy Faulconbridge and Kate Holton in London and Clara-Læïla Laudette in Madrid; editing by Michael Holden and Angus MacSwan)

Our standards:
The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...rom-syndrome-linked-to-covid-19-idUSKCN22A0XW

Does response to the virus and eventual outcome to some extent depend on genetic differences in those exposed? We may soon have a few answers.

It's "Ganna" but whatever.

Razib "self quarantine if you" Khan

Covid-19 quickly kills some while others don’t show symptoms. Can genetics explain this? https://washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/04/27/covid-19-quickly-kills-some-while-others-dont-show-symptoms-can-genetics-explain-this/ andrea gonna says broad institute effort will return results end of may

[FONT=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Segoe UI, Roboto, Ubuntu, Helvetica Neue, sans-serif]Mouth breathers beware. :)

COVID-19 patients who reported smell loss as a symptom of their infection are ten times less likely to be hospitalized for coronavirus than those who do not report anosmia.

"In other words, if the SARS-CoV-2 virus initially concentrates in the nose and upper airway, where it impacts olfactory function, that may result in an infection that is less severe and sudden in onset, decreasing the risk of overwhelming the host immune response, respiratory failure and hospitalization.

Loss of smell, he said, might also indicate a robust immune response which has been localized to the nasal passages, limiting effects elsewhere in the body.

https://neurosciencenews.com/smell-loss-mild-coronavirus-16261/amp/

[/FONT]

I feel a target, or a stupid?, generally confused,

a)what kind pandemia is 3M infected upon 7B population?

b) from these 3M the 2M infected were on population less than 1B (East-USA, West-Europe)

c)this virus is 'selective' i think, he choose N Atlantic, primary, and secondary Middle East (Turkey-Iran)

so I wonder, am I stupid from the statistics of expancion and the virus 'selection' or I am the TARGET.

and if am the chosen one, or the target, why they focus me?

to make me suffer? nah, to exterminate me as enemy? nah, THEN? what is their demand?
hm, maybe my money? Virus targets areas of wealth and high income and GDP areas,
I do not say kills the rich, but expands on their areas,

call me a cospiracy idiot and provocateur, but observing the map, and the number, everybody who did, pass from his mind this thought,
no matter if afraid, or shy to say

I feel a target, or a stupid?, generally confused,

a)what kind pandemia is 3M infected upon 7B population?

b) from these 3M the 2M infected were on population less than 1B (East-USA, West-Europe)

c)this virus is 'selective' i think, he choose N Atlantic, primary, and secondary Middle East (Turkey-Iran)

so I wonder, am I stupid from the statistics of expancion and the virus 'selection' or I am the TARGET.

and if am the chosen one, or the target, why they focus me?

to make me suffer? nah, to exterminate me as enemy? nah, THEN? what is their demand?
hm, maybe my money? Virus targets areas of wealth and high income and GDP areas,
I do not say kills the rich, but expands on their areas,

call me a cospiracy idiot and provocateur, but observing the map, and the number, everybody who did, pass from his mind this thought,
no matter if afraid, or shy to say

My Town calls everyday at 5 o’clock (call of doom) updating us on the number of new Local Covid-19 cases/fatalities, many are/were my neighbors :(

If this happened to you, you would quickly change your mind.

We’re getting to the point where everybody knows someone who has been infected or died.

Just because your area has not been hit hard, doesn't mean that it’s all a conspiracy theory.

We are all free to write what we want,
but imho, conspiracy theorists should shut up! ... for now, ... maybe later ...

Especially after all the nearby Towns ran out of coffins ...

Just because your area has not been hit hard, doesn't mean that it’s all a conspiracy theory.

We are all free to write what we want,
but imho, conspiracy theorists should shut up! ... for now, ... maybe later ...

Especially after all the nearby Towns ran out of coffins ...

offcourse,
but this happens where?
at the less of the 1b population of N Atlantic, which 'strangely' been hit hard, or 'targeted' to been hit hard?

that is the odd I can not understand,
although I consider it as a random effect, of virus spread, but is it?

offcourse,
but this happens where?
at the less of the 1b population of N Atlantic, which 'strangely' been hit hard, or 'targeted' to been hit hard?

that is the odd I can not understand

What the heck are you talking about? It's happened in Spain, Britain, Belgium,Northern Italy, to mention a few in Europe, and in Iran in the Middle East, and on both coasts of the United States.

Just because luckily only a handful of people in Greece were exposed doesn't mean there's a conspiracy about its prevalence. Greece is not the only place on earth which counts.

I've ignored a lot of posts where you've gone over the line, and calls for me to ban you, giving you second chances because I thought they were momentary aberrations for personal reasons, but this is completely over the line. It's absolute crap and those of us in the heart of the storm don't want to hear it. DROP IT or you're out of here.

What the heck are you talking about? It's happened in Spain, Britain, Belgium,Northern Italy, to mention a few in Europe, and in Iran in the Middle East, and on both coasts of the United States.

Just because luckily only a handful of people in Greece were exposed doesn't mean there's a conspiracy about its prevalence. Greece is not the only place on earth which counts.

I've ignored a lot of posts where you've gone over the line, and calls for me to ban you, giving you second chances because I thought they were momentary aberrations for personal reasons, but this is completely over the line. It's absolute crap and those of us in the heart of the storm don't want to hear it. DROP IT or you're out of here.

offcourse, Spain France UK Belgium Netherlands are also North Atlantic, aren't they?
I said primary N Atlantic, and secondary Turkey-Iran (middle East)
as for Italy maybe not swim in Atlanric ocean but is a culture highly connected.

ban me for what? for my feeling and observation that, maybe I am target of a virus?
a part of nature selective choice?

I agree that most of us do not want to hear,
but hiding behind finger, does not mean we all did not observe this phenomenon,

Yet until now most of us consider it as as the random effect,

Oll Klear,what I say, is that we all accept it as the random result,
but we all observed it, and we all afraid to discuss.

so the first who open mouth is always the cursed one,

offcourse, Spain France UK Belgium Netherlands are also North Atlantic, aren't they?
I said primary N Atlantic, and secondary Turkey-Iran (middle East)
as for Italy maybe not swim in Atlanric ocean but is a culture highly connected.

ban me for what? for my feeling and observation that, maybe I am target of a virus?
a part of nature selective choice?

I agree that most of us do not want to hear,
but hiding behind finger, does not mean we all did not observe this phenomenon,

Yet until now most of us consider it as as the random effect,

Oll Klear,what I say, is that we all accept it as the random result,
but we all observed it, and we all afraid to discuss.

so the first who open mouth is always the cursed one,

Drop this conspiracy crap now. Period.

Drop this conspiracy crap now. Period.

I will, but

can you give me a good explanation why such statistics?
except the random hit.

With 1.000.000+ infected, almost 60.000 dead, and a broken US Economy,
If the US was a target and the conspiracy theories were real, the United States would have Nuked any place on Earth regardless of Governments (with or without nukes) or Private Institutions involvement.

Interesting... "Hydrogen peroxide nebulizer to treat Covid 19 infection" from March 21, 2020. Associated names-- Thomas Levy M.D., J.D., Dr. Frank Shallenberger, and Richard Cheng M.D., Ph.D.

Trump is a spitballer, no doubt about it. I appreciate his optimism and fighting spirit, some of you may not. I would choose timely malaria meds. and a hydrogen peroxide inhaler rinse over a barbaric intubation with it's nearly 90% fatality rate. (I have a health history that indicates my system will almost certainly create the storm, so I will gobble my mosquito pills with reckless abandon.)

Regarding Bill Gates... I experienced a jolt of wry humor mixed with morose frustration after some thread contributors labelled me a conspiracy theorist for merely repeating what Gates proudly proclaimed himself. If one is unfamiliar with Bill and his "unique" global outlook... it really does come off as shockingly nutty upon initial review.

Invisible tattoos lasting five years, carrying all your health data that can be read be any smart phone?

Also, the way forward with Covid will be (eventually) therapy over vaccine. Specifically anti-body therapy. We need to distill microscopic successful fighters from survivors and thrivers, grow them in a giant bucket, and stick them back into the frail and distressed among us.

As a single stranded RNA virus, Covid 19 will mutate too quickly for vaccines-- not to mention this virus is new to the human genome and hasn't yet found it's sweet spot. We don't have vaccines for the common cold and that's Wuhan Flu's closest neighbor, genetically speaking.

Also, I have not seen this anywhere... but as an out of the box thinker I will share this insight hatched in my bulbous cranium (size eight hat size). It is my suspicion that when Covid enters the body... it doesn't leave. Covid 19 violates the blood/brain barrier, it is found in fecal matter, the spinal column, EVERYWHERE. I think our bodies figure out this critter after a few weeks (if we are lucky), but that in times of stress the bugger will break out again... kinda like a full-body herpes experience, or at least a herpes of the lungs experience. This line of thinking would explain the surprising and buzz-killing instances of re-infection found both in China and in Europe.

Well, from another perspective, it is just a common fact that many viruses stay next to us, but appear as illness only when our immune response is weakened by some other unrelated reason.

As a single stranded RNA virus, Covid 19 will mutate too quickly for vaccines--

is that the reason, that they plan to imput a microchip with the vaccine?

This thread has been viewed 696672 times.

Back