Health New Coronavirus in China

You can hear, see, feel that Cuomo is the right man on the right place to do the right thing now!(IMO). I wish his office was oval....but just a personal remark...

Just so it's clear, and absolutely "not" to get into a political debate: I've never voted for him. I don't think he knows **** about how to create a thriving economy, he taxes too much, which is part of the reason the economy in New York stinks, he's not tough enough on crime etc. etc. That's why New York has been bleeding corporations, people, and revenue.

None of that changes the fact that he is and always has been extremely intelligent, a very capable executive and organizer, a strong leader, a good communicator, and a man of deep and profound compassion.

Yes, I think he's the right man for the right job at this time in New York. If President Trump was into naming "Czars" of this or that and wasn't afraid of the competition, he should have put Andrew Cuomo in charge of the entire Coronavirus response nationwide, although I don't think Cuomo would have abandoned New York.

If the Democrats had any brains they'd tell Biden to go home and take a nap and nominate Cuomo, caustic tongue, lack of patience with fools, and live in girlfriend and all.

Enough of politics.

All I care about right now is how we're handling the current emergency.

Parts of Astoria are also occupied by Middle Easterners and Indians.

I am old enough to remember when Astoria (704 Hauser Street I think it was) was the Home of Archie, Edith, Gloria, and the Meathead. Neighbors included Frank (American-Italian) and his wife Irene (American-Irish), and of course the Jeffersons (Middle Class Black Family, George, Weezie and Lionel) before they moved on up to the East Side of Manhattan.

Macron: "Some act as if Spain and Italy were responsible for the virus"

AFP_1Q729J_20200326134010-kc3C-I99ZX2H7S7NEAOQM-992x558@LaVanguardia-Web.jpg

https://www.lavanguardia.com/intern...WgqUne3ePYI-AIa1xDG0F1HWAF8NHlPheUIk0b26sVTmU

Together with Giuseppe Conte, they called on Thursday at the European Council to create Eurobonds to face a historic crisis. Germany and the Netherlands blocked it. Is there a risk of implosion of the Eurozone and the EU?

"It is a historic moment, France will fight for a Europe of solidarity"

I will ask Portugal and France to marry the only ones that have shown a minimum of sensitivity and humanity.

In any case, it is already a clamor for the networks and a yes / no U.E.referendum is spreading like wildfire.

Just so it's clear, and absolutely "not" to get into a political debate: I've never voted for him. I don't think he knows **** about how to create a thriving economy, he taxes too much, which is part of the reason the economy in New York stinks, he's not tough enough on crime etc. etc. That's why New York has been bleeding corporations, people, and revenue.

None of that changes the fact that he is and always has been extremely intelligent, a very capable executive and organizer, a strong leader, a good communicator, and a man of deep and profound compassion.

Yes, I think he's the right man for the right job at this time in New York. If President Trump was into naming "Czars" of this or that and wasn't afraid of the competition, he should have put Andrew Cuomo in charge of the entire Coronavirus response nationwide, although I don't think Cuomo would have abandoned New York.

If the Democrats had any brains they'd tell Biden to go home and take a nap and nominate Cuomo, caustic tongue, lack of patience with fools, and live in girlfriend and all.

Enough of politics.

All I care about right now is how we're handling the current emergency.

Agree and a corona crisis is not about politics indeed, in such times real leaders are jumping across their shadow, sed aside the differences....the future, the people themselves, the health of the nation are at stake.

VIRTU!

Cuomo said today that kids are still playing basketball and other contact sports on NYC playgrounds, and that if it doesn't stop they will close them.

Unbelievable.

They at least have the excuse of youth, but this guy is middle-aged. I don't get, either, how the parents seem to have no control over these kids.

I was waiting for it, et voila'...

Poorer areas are harder hit, and the reason is racism.

First of all, the mental midget who said so knows nothing about New York neighborhoods. Some of the hardest hit areas in Brooklyn are not Hispanic or black but Orthodox Jewish. Why? Each family has LOTS of kids, so lots of crowding, and they were late in closing the synagogues and yeshivas, where many of the men go for hours every day.

As for the rest, people in the inner city ghettos are the unhealthiest people in the population, with high cigarette use, high drug and alcohol use, poor nutrition low on fruits and vegetables and high on fast foods, and there's lots of diabetes and heart disease as well. Of course their rates are going to be high. Those are also among the most crowded areas of the city, where subway use is the most concentrated, and where all the damn kids are still roaming the streets and playing hoop.

Most of the time, other than a person or two jogging occasionally, or taking their dogs out for a walk, my neighborhood looks like all the people have been killed and just the houses are standing. I haven't seen a teenager in more than a week. Parents have to take some responsibility, and I'm glad to see that in my town, at least, they're doing just that.

He needs to channel Mayor De Luca of Messina Sicily, I have been watching his news conferences on Youtube he dropped a few sayings that start with the letter "V" and end with "O" telling the residents to stay inside. Of course, he has also been going after the entire National Italian leadership.

https://www.lavanguardia.com/intern...WgqUne3ePYI-AIa1xDG0F1HWAF8NHlPheUIk0b26sVTmU

Together with Giuseppe Conte, they called on Thursday at the European Council to create Eurobonds to face a historic crisis. Germany and the Netherlands blocked it. Is there a risk of implosion of the Eurozone and the EU?

I will ask Portugal and France to marry the only ones that have shown a minimum of sensitivity and humanity.

In any case, it is already a clamor for the networks and a yes / no U.E.referendum is spreading like wildfire.

And there you have it...

What have I been saying all along about their attitude? They'd rather blame Italy and Spain than China. Of course they need China right now. Many of their companies have lucrative deals with China.

Did any other countries vote no?

I said I'd try to keep my political commentary out of this thread, so all I'll add is: HAVE THE DAMN YES/NO REFERENDUM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

It is definitely becoming more and more of a clamor in Italy based on the news sources I watch on Youtube. On another note, I am shocked Macron broke from the EU Power Broker from Germania, Ms. Merkel.

A fun little moment.
An engineer quarantined with his little baby. At this time, the front line in combating the pandemic is made up of health professionals. But, at the rearguard, we also have the valued engineering professionals working on the customization of mechanical and electronic equipment to adapt them to the assembly lines of ventilation equipment and others used in hospitals' ICUs.

technically the Executive (The President) in a super emergency declaration trumps :) the Governors

... It's better for everyone if they all get along!

... so Australia throws Priests in jail, ... wtf is wrong with ...

they are like everyone else........do a crime, go to jail .............no one exempt , populace support this and want this

they are like everyone else........do a crime, go to jail .............no one exempt , populace support this and want this

Torzio: So if an elderly person who is Catholic say in Northern Italy or lets say in the USA has basically been told they are on their own, which has been going on in Italy and could get to that point here if they start rationing Ventilators is visited by a Catholic priest to administer the Sacraments and Last Rite, that Priest should go to jail, even if the only person he is endangering is himself. From what I can tell, that is actually what has happened in Northern Italy. Priests have been leaving their parish Church to visit the dying to administer Last Rites and many of them too have died. They have not infected people other than their own dying parishioners. So tell me what exactly is the Crime that the Catholic Priest(s) in Northern Italy did? Visiting their dying parishioners is a crime? or should be a crime?

Torzio: So if an elderly person who is Catholic say in Northern Italy or lets say in the USA has basically been told they are on their own, which has been going on in Italy and could get to that point here if they start rationing Ventilators is visited by a Catholic priest to administer the Sacraments and Last Rite, that Priest should go to jail, even if the only person he is endangering is himself. From what I can tell, that is actually what has happened in Northern Italy. Priests have been leaving their parish Church to visit the dying to administer Last Rites and many of them too have died. They have not infected people other than their own dying parishioners. So tell me what exactly is the Crime that the Catholic Priest(s) in Northern Italy did? Visiting their dying parishioners is a crime? or should be a crime?

He ( priest ) is spreading the virus if he enters the house, besides its a week argument......if you are sick , you are in hospital, so if you are home, you are not sick and you need to see no-one

there are confessions done in australia, with a priest outside sitting on a chair , a car drives up 2 metres away , and they do confessions there

If you let priests do what you say, then he will infect other people, you make no sense in thinking this is how it should be done

Priests do a crime, they go to jail like every other citizen

It is not done in the Veneto, my 2 first cousins, who I chat with every 2 days, say none is allowed to visit anybody even priests are stopped and told to go back to the church

Germany -
6824 new cases and 82 new deaths to 552 new cases and 22 new deaths.
Edit:It's updated +2586 but still a lot less.

And there you have it...

What have I been saying all along about their attitude? They'd rather blame Italy and Spain than China. Of course they need China right now. Many of their companies have lucrative deals with China.

I said I'd try to keep my political commentary out of this thread, so all I'll add is: HAVE THE DAMN YES/NO REFERENDUM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

The newspaper De Volksrant had a prudence comment a few days ago:

European heads of government today speak about the fight against the pandemic, but also about the European economy after corona. This is discussed in terms reminiscent of the war. For example, Spanish Prime Minister Sánchez asked for a European Marshall Plan.

The southern European countries are - as yet - most affected and rightly ask for solidarity from their European brothers. The Netherlands and other Northern European countries also have an interest in supporting Southern Europe. Economic, because the breakup of the eurozone would cause enormous damage. And geopolitical: in a turbulent world, a powerful European bloc offers the best protection.

Countries such as the Netherlands and Germany benefit greatly from the internal market and, to a lesser extent, the euro. Therefore, they should be generous. The strict fiscal rules in the eurozone have rightly been abandoned. Other forms of support, such as the euro emergency fund, should temporarily not be linked to the demand for austerity and reform of the economy. At this time, austerity would only deepen the crisis. Northern Europe is also abandoning its budgetary orthodoxy as a result of the pandemic.

The situation is different with instruments that bind Northern and Southern Europe more closely together, such as the issue of euro or corona bonds. Many Northern European countries have put their finances in order in recent years, often at the expense of painful budget cuts. In a country like Italy, on the other hand, too little has happened to reduce the national debt and increase productivity.

Italy and other countries need to be helped, but European leaders will have to find a balance between European and national interests. If Southern Europe is abandoned, it will lead to a violent reaction against the European Union. The corona crisis will also leave deep economic traces in Northern Europe. If Northern Europeans then feel that they have to pay disproportionately for countries that do not put their own house in order, the anti-European reaction will take place in the North.

He ( priest ) is spreading the virus if he enters the house, besides its a week argument......if you are sick , you are in hospital, so if you are home, you are not sick and you need to see no-one

there are confessions done in australia, with a priest outside sitting on a chair , a car drives up 2 metres away , and they do confessions there

If you let priests do what you say, then he will infect other people, you make no sense in thinking this is how it should be done

Priests do a crime, they go to jail like every other citizen

It is not done in the Veneto, my 2 first cousins, who I chat with every 2 days, say none is allowed to visit anybody even priests are stopped and told to go back to the church

Ok, fair enough. I see what you are getting at. When the elderly are dead, I think Italy allows their remains to be sent to the Local parish Church, if that is what the dying person and his/her family wanted, and their can be a requiem Liturgy prayer said for the dead by the priest in the Church (even though nobody from the family legally come to the requiem Liturgy or prayer, etc). They are allowing that in Northern Italy, correct?

Ok, fair enough. I see what you are getting at. When the elderly are dead, I think Italy allows their remains to be sent to the Local parish Church, if that is what the dying person and his/her family wanted, and their can be a requiem Liturgy prayer said for the dead by the priest in the Church (even though nobody from the family legally come to the requiem Liturgy or prayer, etc). They are allowing that in Northern Italy, correct?

Unsure...I will ask my cousins today about how it is done ....................if I was to guess, the body would be taken from the hospital morgue directly to the funeral home, maybe the priest does the rites there, then they are either buried or burned

as for my family, both paternal side and maternal, we were taught that you do not need a priest to pray to God...............you do not even need a religious institution , its not like they ( religious instituations ) created God

I said no political attacks on here, and none of your rabid anti-religious posts either, Torzio. You don't believe in God, you hate organized religion, you want it controlled by the state, you hate priests and ministers and rabbis.

WE GET IT. Give it a rest.

If religious organizations, of any denomination, insist on holding services in defiance of public health dictates in the midst of an emergency, the doors should be locked down.

Stop focusing on one idiot minister.

Can we try to keep things rational and not sow division between us?

The face of the victims.

Isabel, the rural doctor with 1,300 patients in her charge who died alone and isolated by Covid-19 in Salamanca

Coronavirus-Enfermedades_infecciosas-Infecciones-Muertes-Personal_sanitario-Medicos-La_Fuente_de_San_Esteban-Actualidad_477463139_149075369_1706x960.jpg

Baby dies of coronavirus in Chicago; would be the first in the US
https://www.telemundoutah.com/notic...cago-seria-el-primer-infante-en-eeuu/1990796/

The head of the anti-terrorist elite of the Civil Guard dies from coronavirus

jesus-gayoso-rey-kCGE-RPLOxzSGYWclVArGRojcDOL-624x385@RC.jpg

https://www.elnortedecastilla.es/na...83735-ntrc.html?ref=https://www.facebook.com/

A patient dies 36 hours after leaving the ICU due to coronavirus
https://www.marca.com/tiramillas/actualidad/2020/03/26/5e7c5e6122601dd6258b4610.html

We will see many people die, famous, politicians among the thousands of anonymous.

If the world is not able to unite and share what it has more than to share what is left over if it is not in this pandemic, it will be the end of humanity in the next.

Is the coronavirus more deadly in Spain and Italy because more of them smoke than say Americans or Germans? Or is it a statistical artifact as we discussed above?

Unsure...I will ask my cousins today about how it is done ....................if I was to guess, the body would be taken from the hospital morgue directly to the funeral home, maybe the priest does the rites there, then they are either buried or burned

as for my family, both paternal side and maternal, we were taught that you do not need a priest to pray to God...............you do not even need a religious institution , its not like they ( religious instituations ) created God

Well I respect individual liberty. However, there are some who still believe in the notion of the Church as a Communion of Christ and all believers, deceased and leaving, hence Catholic, i.e., Universal from the Greek Katholikos. So I still hold to the Nicene and Apostles Creed, the overwhelming amount of my Sicilian-Italian ancestors here in the USA, 120-130 years after immigration still hold to the faith of my/our ancestors down through the centuries. Others may no longer hold to that. Fair enough. I was only asking about those Italians who still hold to the faith of their ancestors that has seen the rise and fall of many secular empires and will be here after these secular empires today don't exist in the future. They have rights as well to practice their faith just as you and your family have the right to not do so.

I would hope in death that the Regional Governments of Northern Italy haven't gotten so anti-Religious as to not allow the deceased people from their Regions a basic Requiem funeral Liturgy of some sort. And this idiot Protestant minister in Louisiana holding a service for 1,000 people is much different than a Catholic Priest by Himself giving a Requiem Liturgical prayer for a deceased person in a coffin at a Local Church or Funeral Home in Northern Italy. I don't think those 2 situations are remotely comparable, again in my opinion.

And again, I am not here to judge anyone's beliefs or non beliefs.

And there you have it...

Angela
it is called the move of 11 and now 12
11+1 countries ask for Corona-bonds
4 countries opposed,

This thread has been viewed 692652 times.

Back