Health New Coronavirus in China

Thank you for your good wishes, guys. :)

@Duarte, it's the sore throat and the chest pain that ae the worst. I'm just taking fruit juices, chicken soup, and Guaifenesin, and sleeping a lot.

My son came home to take care of his Dad and got it almost immediately, but he shrugged it off in two days. I'm the one who seems to be hardest hit.

Idle hands and all that...I've been on twitter. It shocks me how many people delight in the illness of people they consider their ideological "enemies". I, of all people, shouldn't be shocked by the evil in men's hearts, as they say; nevertheless, I am.

@Salento,

I think it's just too contagious for the majority of people to be able to escape it. I hope the vaccines at least lessen the severity.

I wish I had advice to offer everyone on how to avoid it, but I'm afraid I don't, because we did everything you're supposed to do.

Thank you for your good wishes, guys. :)

@Duarte, it's the sore throat and the chest pain that ae the worst. I'm just taking fruit juices, chicken soup, and Guaifenesin, and sleeping a lot.

My son came home to take care of his Dad and got it almost immediately, but he shrugged it off in two days. I'm the one who seems to be hardest hit.

Idle hands and all that...I've been on twitter. It shocks me how many people delight in the illness of people they consider their ideological "enemies". I, of all people, shouldn't be shocked by the evil in men's hearts, as they say; nevertheless, I am.

@Salento,

I think it's just too contagious for the majority of people to be able to escape it. I hope the vaccines at least lessen the severity.

I wish I had advice to offer everyone on how to avoid it, but I'm afraid I don't, because we did everything you're supposed to do.

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well Angela, well wishes to you and your family.

All the best, Angela!

I know quite a few people who also tested positive despite being triple-vaccinated, including my parents. They had similar symptoms. To say it is spreading like wild fire, is an understatement.

May you get better soon, Angela and Duarte.

My sister-in-law just tested positive. This variant is spreading rapidly. It multiplies faster in airways, but slower in the lungs. I believe you should be ok, especially after three doses.

I got two shots already. I haven't got this thing yet, but I probably will, sooner or later.

Last edited:
I hope you get better soon, Angela. My wife and I went to Rio de Janeiro to spend New Year's Eve with friends. I stayed there from 12/28/2021 to 01/04/2022. Still in Rio, I started to feel sore throat on day 1 of new year. We did the antigen test for covid and influenza A and B, on day 5 here in Belo Horizonte. Influenza negative and covid positive. My wife is fine but I still feel a slight tightness in my throat. She and I have already had 3 doses of the anti-covid vaccine. My son's test was negative for everything. He's been at his girlfriend's house since last Friday.

All the best to you too, Duarte!

@Duarte, … get better, hopefully it's milder than the first time you caught it :)

Duarte: Just seeing your post, hope you as Salento stated have a much milder case, if you do have this new variant.

@Salento @PT Thanks guys.
This time it's much softer. Symptoms are restricted to sore throat.

I’m sorry to hear that you are not feeling well Angela, and prayers for a speedy recovery.

I’m sorry to hear that you are not feeling well Angela, and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Thanks, Ceribell. I appreciate it.

It did not start in China IMHO.

It did not start in China IMHO.

Of course it did, and they are not being accountable for it, but what would you expect from a communist country run by someone who thinks he's a god?

-The closest relative of the initial virus are other viruses found in bats in China. Pretty much all of these coronaviruses come from China, so why would you assume differently? Does SE Asia make you happier? Maybe it's less "racist", because after all, stating facts is now racist.
-Ground zero happens to be just in the same city as one of the largest virology labs in China who happen to study coronaviruses...hmmm makes you wonder

At best it was released as an accident, at worst...well you know the drill.

This thread has been viewed 697363 times.

Back