Health New Coronavirus in China

Well, I'm constantly getting colds, so I guess that's now a good sign?

I usually get a cold once a year except this year. Uh, oh...:shocked:

Just speaking to some real estate brokers and inspectors yesterday. June was the busiest real estate month for them in the last twenty years. Buyers are bidding for houses, and the houses are all going above asking price.

Where are all these new buyers coming from? Manhattan, Queens and Brooklyn.

DeBlasio is destroying New York.

Angela: This is a really interesting study that just came out, lots of the heavy hitters and players involved. It relates to COVID-19 and Neanderthals! Very interesting. I will defer to you or the other advisors on where this goes in a thread. Do we have any Neanderthal experts here that can chime in? So were the Neanderthals immune from this and over time as Neanderthal DNA is selected out, moderns get more susceptible to COVID-19. Does Higher Neanderthal DNA make one less likely or more likely to die from it? Some preliminary evidence that I got from the Paper is in a comparison of Spaniards and Italians, the ones with higher Neanderthal Chromosome 3 seem to have higher risk and this Chromosome was in the Neanderthal from Croatia dated 50K years ago. I am going to look for more on this but it is really fascinating.

https://www.deccanherald.com/scienc...inherited-from-neanderthals-study-857223.html

Cashew Cardiology co-directs a study to treat critically ill patients with COVID

IT IS AN INVESTIGATION OF THERAPY WITH STEM CELLS OF THE ADIPOSE TISSUE

The Cardiology service of the Gregorio Marañón General University Hospital, together with the University of Navarra Clinic, the Jiménez Díaz Foundation University Hospital and the Salamanca University Hospital have led a multicenter investigation of cell therapy with stem cells from adipose tissue for the treatment of critically ill patients of COVID-19. Through a compassionate use program, authorized by the Spanish Agency of Medicines and Health Products (AEMPS), they have shown that in 75% of patients treated with this therapy, inflammation decreased and the activity of their immune system increased. This research has just been published in EClinicalMedicine, a journal that belongs to The Lancet group.

https://www.comunidad.madrid/notici...-estudio-tratamiento-pacientes-criticos-covid

What great news!

Very interesting study about mortality rate differences between TB vaccinated individuals and unvaccinated individuals and countries. A very telling example is the difference in mortality rates between East Germans (vaccinated) and West Germans (unvaccinated), with the East Germans having a mortality rate that was 3 times less than the West Germans. It seems that the TB vaccination confers general immunity vs covid-19 specific immunity.

https://www.pnas.org/content/early/2020/07/07/2008410117

Another off-label claim for a drug:

Researchers at Israel’s Hebrew University of Jerusalem and New York’s Mount Sinai Medical Center believe they could potentially downgrade COVID-19’s severity into nothing worse than a common cold.

New research by Hebrew University Prof. Ya’acov Nahmias and Sinai’s Dr. Benjamin tenOever revealed that the FDA-approved drug Fenofibrate (Tricor) could reduce SARS-CoV-2’s ability to reproduce or even make it disappear.“Viruses are parasites,” Nahmias explained to The Jerusalem Post. “They cannot replicate themselves. They cannot make new viruses. They have to get inside a human cell and then hijack that cell.”
As such, Nahmias and tenOever spent the last three months studying what SARS-CoC-2 is doing to human lung cells. What they found is that the novel coronavirus prevents the routine burning of carbohydrates, which results in large amounts of fat accumulating inside lung cells – a condition the virus needs to reproduce.

“By understanding how the SARS-CoV-2 controls our metabolism, we can wrestle back control from the virus and deprive it from the very resources it needs to survive,” Nahmias said, noting that it also may help explain why patients with high blood sugar and cholesterol levels are often at a particularly high risk to develop COVID-19.

The team then reviewed a panel of eight already approved drugs that could possibly interfere with the virus’s ability to reproduce. Tricor caused the cells to start burning fat, Nahmias said. The result was that the virus almost completely disappeared within only five days of treatment.

https://www.jpost.com/health-science/hebrew-u-scientist-drug-could-eradicate-covid-19-from-lungs-in-days-635028

Of course we need to conduct randomized trials but it sounds promising...

Indeed. What great news, especially as our 20-35 year old New York City residents are out socializing without masks and as a result our infection and hospitalization rate is going up.

I wonder if 35 is about when the human brain reaches full maturity? :)

Indeed. What great news, especially as our 20-35 year old New York City residents are out socializing without masks and as a result our infection and hospitalization rate is going up.

I wonder if 35 is about when the human brain reaches full maturity? :)

Maybe the male brain?

Maybe the male brain?

You said it; I didn't.:grin:

Although, to be fair, the pictures show a lot of women doing the socializing too.

Moderna's vaccine shown to be effective (creation antibodies) in 100% of the individuals enrolled in phase 1. Phase 2 is ongoing with 300 patients in the 18-55 and 300 patients in the 55 and above group. It is placebo controlled. A Phase 3 trial with 30,000 volunteers will begin on July 27th:

https://investors.modernatx.com/new...nces-publication-new-england-journal-medicine

Moderna's vaccine is tested in cooperation with the CDC. This is very encouraging news!

I thought Australia was a success story.

Australia: Victoria refuses to say how many health workers have #Covid19 as hospital staff warn of looming crisis

What is so difficult. Logic has indicated since the beginning (BIG, BIG mistake by the WHO, the CDC, Fauci, everyone) that wearing face masks is the answer.

Meanwhile, Governor Kemp of Georgia is vacating the laws of 15 counties and municipalities in Georgia which have required the wearing of masks in public.

What the hell is the problem here?

It's not taking away your right to bear arms; it's not putting chains around you like poor Ebenezer Scrooge had to wear!

It's a pandemic you morons.

MANDATE mask wearing.

Sorry for the morons comment, but I CANNOT abide stupidity and illogical thinking, especially when lives are at stake.

I thought Australia was a success story.

Australia: Victoria refuses to say how many health workers have #Covid19 as hospital staff warn of looming crisis

What is so difficult. Logic has indicated since the beginning (BIG, BIG mistake by the WHO, the CDC, Fauci, everyone) that wearing face masks is the answer.

Meanwhile, Governor Kemp of Georgia is vacating the laws of 15 counties and municipalities in Georgia which have required the wearing of masks in public.

What the hell is the problem here?

It's not taking away your right to bear arms; it's not putting chains around you like poor Ebenezer Scrooge had to wear!

It's a pandemic you morons.

MANDATE mask wearing.

Sorry for the morons comment, but I CANNOT abide stupidity and illogical thinking, especially when lives are at stake.

They are morons, Angela. The CDC and Fauci, I can understand their hesitation re: masks, they wanted to use them all for the first responders and medical personnel but they could have recommended self made cloth masks for the common folk. The other ones I don't understand.

On top of other good news, interferon beta is shown to be 79% effective against the virus:

[FONT=&quot]An inhaled coronavirus treatment has been described as a “game changer” after preliminary clinical trial results showed it significantly reduced the number of hospitalised patients needing intensive care.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Patients who received the drug, known as SNG001, had a 79 per cent lower risk of developing severe disease and were more than twice as likely to recover from Covid-19 as those on the placebo.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The treatment, which is inhaled directly into the lungs using a nebuliser, has been developed by the pharmaceutical company Synairgen.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It uses a protein called interferon beta 1a (IFN-beta) which the body naturally produces when faced with a viral infection.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The trial was carried out on a double-blind and placebo-controlled basis – meaning neither the researchers nor the 101 patients knew whether they were receiving SNG001, a special formulation of IFN-beta, or a placebo.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Synairgen has yet to release the full data for the trials, meaning it has not been published in a peer-reviewed journal.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-game-changer-treatment-significantly-104806515.html[/FONT]

From a new study today:

[FONT=Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Conclusions

[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Our results suggest that information dissemination about COVID-19, which causes individual adoption of handwashing, mask-wearing, and social distancing, can be an effective strategy to mitigate and delay the epidemic. Early initiated short-term government-imposed social distancing can buy time for healthcare systems to prepare for an increasing COVID-19 burden. We stress the importance of disease awareness in controlling the ongoing epidemic and recommend that, in addition to policies on social distancing, governments and public health institutions mobilize people to adopt self-imposed measures with proven efficacy in order to successfully tackle COVID-19.

[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]https://journals.plos.org/plosmedicine/article?id=10.1371/journal.pmed.1003166[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]
[/FONT]

-Wash your hands

-Wear a mask

-maintain social distancing

I have been doing it from the very beginning.

This thread has been viewed 692738 times.

Back