Health New Coronavirus in China

Been thinking about this method of transmission for some time. My current jobsite (like most any standard construction site) has no functional plumbing for workers. A huge upgrade though is we now have an ample number of sinks with high flow water and industrial strength hand-cleaners infused with alcohol.

But a port-a-potty is what is. No matter how careful we all are, escaping the squat pot is not really feasible. I think once one of us on site gets infected, it's off to the races.

I live in a state where the numbers are growing rapidly. One of the subs (who I worked with daily) is now out because his wife has Covid.

Am ready for the battle. I sense it is near.

I can check the box for more co-morbidities than most. Figuring I have a one-in-four chance of checking out. But win or lose, at least I won't have to spray the bottom of my boots with Listerine when I come home after work or squirt the groceries with diluted bleach.

Bring it Covid. Let's see what you're made of you single stranded bat dweller.

All the best and stay safe! Washing your hands can go a long way, as well as any PPE you might already use. Possibly one of the hardest things is not touching the face, it's really surprising to see how many times we do that in a day.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...cs-analysis-shows/ar-BB13EQse?ocid=spartandhp

This article is kind of a no brainer. Of course the virus was spreading around the world before the "confirmed" cases. Which means since Late-November to mid-March, places like NYC had no measures in place to prevent the spread.

"At the most, 10% of the global population has been exposed to the virus, Balloux estimated."

Ergo, about 765,000,000 people have been infected.

I recall reading about something similar almost a month ago about the earliest "pneumonia" cases that were spiking in Italy long before Italy was declared a hot-spot. I think the reach of this virus is a lot greater than we currently have data on, hopefully the more information we gather the better equipped we'll be at determining all the features of it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...cs-analysis-shows/ar-BB13EQse?ocid=spartandhp

This article is kind of a no brainer. Of course the virus was spreading around the world before the "confirmed" cases. Which means since Late-November to mid-March, places like NYC had no measures in place to prevent the spread.

"At the most, 10% of the global population has been exposed to the virus, Balloux estimated."

Ergo, about 765,000,000 people have been infected.

It may be quite a bit lower than even 10%. Current testing in a hot spot like New York shows an infection level of 10%. The early levels of 40-50% were probably, as we discussed here, because they were testing people with serious symptoms or contacts of such people.

All the best and stay safe! Washing your hands can go a long way, as well as any PPE you might already use. Possibly one of the hardest things is not touching the face, it's really surprising to see how many times we do that in a day.

I recall reading about something similar almost a month ago about the earliest "pneumonia" cases that were spiking in Italy long before Italy was declared a hot-spot. I think the reach of this virus is a lot greater than we currently have data on, hopefully the more information we gather the better equipped we'll be at determining all the features of it.

The paper concludes from that...

"[FONT=&quot]They also found genetic evidence that supports suspicions the virus was infecting people in Europe, the US and elsewhere weeks or even months before the first official cases were reported in January and February. It will be impossible to find the "first" patient in any country, Balloux said.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]"All these ideas about trying to find a Patient Zero are pointless because there are so many patient zeros," he said.[/FONT]

The virus does not like the open air. So even if it is 12C or 4C (which is supposedly the best for this virus) if the room is well aired every hour even with some infected person(s) around, other people won't get infected.
Airing the rooms once an hour is rather a challenge though, especially if it is cool or cold outside.

Thanks for the explanations and guidance Dagne :)
For us in Belo Horizonte, a city with a typical Cwb climate, this care will be necessary now in the autumn and, mainly, in the months of June and July, which are usually the coldest months of winter:

Köppen’s climate classification map for Brazil

anFtIKq.jpg

“Cwb climate is observed in only 2.1% of the Brazilian territory (Table 3) and similarly to Cwa, Cwb is a typical climate of southeastern Brazil (Fig. 6). Cwb occurs of central-southern Minas Gerais (26%), and the limit of this climate coincides with the administrative borders of this state with São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro. Thus, in Minas Gerais, Cwb climate occupies the whole region of Mantiqueira (22°S, > 850 m), Canastra (20°150S, > 900 m) and the Espinhaço (18°500 S, > 950 m) Mountains. The Minas Gerais capital, Belo Horizonte (19°550 S; 43°560W; 855 m), was selected as a typical location with a Cwb climate in Brazil (Fig. 8), to show the evident climatic seasonality in this region, where winter is cold and dry and summer is hot and humid. Regarding Curitiba (Cfa), Belo Horizonte is a bit warmer, with annual mean temperature of 19.3 °C, with a minimum of 15.5 °C in July and a maximum of 21.5 °C in January.
Many regions of Bahia are classified as Cwb climate. Cwb is mapped in the south-central region where the altitudes are greater than 1,000 m throughout Espinhaço Mountain. Diamantina Plateau also presents Cwb climate, in altitudes above 1,100 m where the annual rainfall is lower than 700 mm, and thus it is the driest Cwb location in Brazil (Fig. 7). On the some landscapes of high altitude in the Borborema Plateau (Pernambuco and Paraíba states), in the hillslopes of altitude above 1,000 m, is the most northerly of the Cwb climate occur- rence in Brazil (7°490 S, Fig. 7).“

Source: http://www.lerf.eco.br/img/publicacoes/Alvares_etal_2014.pdf

The virus does not like the open air. So even if it is 12C or 4C (which is supposedly the best for this virus) if the room is well aired every hour even with some infected person(s) around, other people won't get infected.
Airing the rooms once an hour is rather a challenge though, especially if it is cool or cold outside.

I'm interested in more information about that. Do you have a link to a study?

The cold and the COVID-19.

The Belo Horizonte civil defense has just issued a low temperature alert for the period from 3:00 PM on May 6 until 12:00 PM on May 10. Among the recommendations are the carrying out of physical activities only with warm clothing and to keep windows open for ventilation to avoid the spread of diseases typical of this time of the year.

They do not mention specifically the COVID-19 virus and the Sars-CoV-2 disease, but it can be inferred in the alert is that this is the biggest concern of city health authorities. I received the alert in a SMS send to my cell phone and I checked its authenticity in the official website of the City Hall:

ez5oHqX.jpg

The cold and the COVID-19.

The Belo Horizonte civil defense has just issued a low temperature alert for the period from 3:00 PM on May 6 until 12:00 PM on May 10. Among the recommendations are the carrying out of physical activities only with warm clothing and to keep windows open for ventilation to avoid the spread of diseases typical of this time of the year.

They do not mention specifically the COVID-19 virus and the Sars-CoV-2 disease, but it can be inferred in the alert is that this is the biggest concern of city health authorities. I received the alert in a SMS send to my cell phone and I checked its authenticity in the official website of the City Hall:

ez5oHqX.jpg

Do they also advise drinking plenty of hot fluids? (tea, coffee, plain hot water)

Do they also advise drinking plenty of hot fluids? (tea, coffee, plain hot water)

Yes. Is the first line of the alert: ‘Hidrate-se muito bem!’ means ‘Hydrate yourself very well!’ (y)

Cheers.

PS: In the second line it says to avoid bathing with very hot water, because it dry out the skin even more and, if necessary, you must use a body moisturizer.

The last line says: Get medical attention in case of breathing problems.

Roche's antibody test is now available in the US and in other countries accepting the CE registration.

"Roche’s SARS-CoV2 antibody test, which has a specificity greater than 99.8% and 100% sensitivity3(14 Days post-PCR confirmation), can help assess patients’ immune response to the virus. As more is understood about immunity to SARS-CoV-2, the test may help to assess who has built up immunity to the virus."
https://www.roche.com/media/releases/med-cor-2020-05-03.htm

I'm interested in more information about that. Do you have a link to a study?

It is a general warning that one gets in Lithuania "air your room well very hour", along with typical
"wash you hands as often as you can",
"wear a mask" and
"stay at home if you feel any symptoms..."
etc.

I think airing was included among general recommendations for the public rather recently, it is on the list of what to do for European Centre for Decease and Control guidance. For instance, in case of public transport they include such guidance:
"Ensure proper ventilation in the vehicle/wagon/boat at all times. Avoid recirculating air and encourage the use of windows, skylight panels and fans to increase replacement with fresh air. Such measures should be adapted based on local conditions, needs and type of vehicles and other equipment in use"

I don't know exactly which research they base their recommendations on (especially that it has to be aired every hour).

Overall, there are so many research papers published now, it is difficult to follow. Besides, most of the papers are not peer reviewed and some - for the sake of better publicity - create rather alarmist titles, which all weights on people. But inasmuch as a recommendation reaches "to do list" it should be reliable, shouldn't it? In any case, airing your room is good for you, whereas cleaning your hands with sanitiser should be done with a caution not to damage the skin.

I am repeating my shelf,

from 2005 it was known that sewage network system, is an enviroment where SARS-1 coronavirus can exist
today much research is done on how to estimate infection of population of SARS-Covid-2, including asymptomatics,
the second phase (coming winter) infection might be estimated via wastewater search of virus concentration,

So since it can be detected in urine, it is possible that someone can be infeccted such way,
so avoid public toilets, in case you suspect that hygiene level is low,
and corners where people do open 'their need'

Personally I believe that Covid-19 is a 'product (evolution)' of 'gutter oil' first material gathering,
and not a bat or pangoline virus,
and I am not the only one,

Yes. Is the first line of the alert: ‘Hidrate-se muito bem!’ means ‘Hydrate yourself very well!’ (y)

Cheers.

PS: In the second line it says to avoid bathing with very hot water, because it dry out the skin even more and, if necessary, you must use a body moisturizer.

The last line says: Get medical attention in case of breathing problems.
Thank you. I was wondering about HOT liquids in particular. Have you ever heard advice given locally to drink plenty of hot fluids?

It is a general warning that one gets in Lithuania "air your room well very hour", along with typical
"wash you hands as often as you can",
"wear a mask" and
"stay at home if you feel any symptoms..."
etc.

I think airing was included among general recommendations for the public rather recently, it is on the list of what to do for European Centre for Decease and Control guidance. For instance, in case of public transport they include such guidance:
"Ensure proper ventilation in the vehicle/wagon/boat at all times. Avoid recirculating air and encourage the use of windows, skylight panels and fans to increase replacement with fresh air. Such measures should be adapted based on local conditions, needs and type of vehicles and other equipment in use"

I don't know exactly which research they base their recommendations on (especially that it has to be aired every hour).

Overall, there are so many research papers published now, it is difficult to follow. Besides, most of the papers are not peer reviewed and some - for the sake of better publicity - create rather alarmist titles, which all weights on people. But inasmuch as a recommendation reaches "to do list" it should be reliable, shouldn't it? In any case, airing your room is good for you, whereas cleaning your hands with sanitiser should be done with a caution not to damage the skin.

Got it. I remember when first the notion of temperature playing a role (as viruses are usually seasonal), there was a public statement made by WHO that heat and the virus have no relation. That is why I was wondering whether it was official advice vs. based on studies available.

Thank you. I was wondering about HOT liquids in particular. Have you ever heard advice given locally to drink plenty of hot fluids?

Hi firetown.
I have no news of local medical authorities indicating the use of hot fluids. But in my city it is a tradition to drink hot broths and soups at this time of year, as well as warm your feet near the flame of a wood stove (in the case of the wood stove, only in the interior cities). Drinking hot soups and broths is part of the local tradition in this season of year and is not part of the medical recommendations of local authorities. But, as they say here when a person has the flu: “Caution and chicken soup do no harm to anyone”.

Cheers ;)

I thought that by now the recommendations issued by policy makers as informed by advice from public health officials would be logical and consistent.

Despite all the evidence, people, no matter their position, seem to be incapable of logical reasoning.

It now seems pretty clear that so long as you maintain a reasonable distance, being outside is not all that dangerous, but some officials are going mental over people going for a walk in the park or sitting on a beach. Granted, young people are morons. If you're in a huddle lighting each other's joints and someone sneezes, or drinking from the same bottle, what then? However, I would think most people whose brains have matured would maintain that distance. Plus, if you keep people cooped up in an apartment in the summer, they'll go mental as well.

Each state has its own rules. Wasn't it Nevada (i.e.Vegas) which said the hairdresser was an essential business? Meanwhile, my doctors are having video visits with me because they're afraid to be with their patients, or at least to have patients in a crowded waiting room.

Then there's the whole debate over Sweden's lack of lock down. Sure, they have fewer cases, but their case load grew much faster than most northern tier countries, and they have 10x the deaths, and their old age homes are just as much scenes of carnage as the rest of the world's. That's the price they're willing to pay. That should be made clear in any analysis. In addition, to compare Stockholm to some American city like Nashville, as I saw done, is, imo, ridiculous. From what I can see the Swedish "recommendations" aren't that different from what in the U.S. is supposedly a "mandatory" lock down. Now, there's conflicting info on whether the Swedes are indeed staying away from restaurants, pubs, etc. "If" they are staying away, put that down to northern European's relationship to rules or even "advice" from authorities.

If you're talking about the U.S., in states where you have the kinds of low numbers that are present in Sweden, there's a whole lot more "socializing" going on than there is in New York, and even in New York, there are people who just don't follow the rules completely. Young people congregate with their friends in someone's house, and some businessmen in "non-essential" commerce think they're invincible and can't keep away from their offices. Or, like Niall Ferguson in Britain, they just have to have a lover come over occasionally. People will be people. A friend of mine's husband was in England and got trapped there. He says that in parts of London you'd never know there was a "lock down".

Even in the Metro area, where everyone is more serious about it, the authorities are not going to tackle grandmoms in the street and take them to prison for not wearing a mask. Nor are they going to raid people's houses and forcibly remove positive people and haul them off to barracks for 14 days of isolation. This isn't Communist China.

Now, this morning I was hearing about the U.S. getting back to "normal", easing out of lock down, and that this could be done just by telling "vulnerable" people to still "cocoon". Believe me, I can't wait. This is playing havoc with numerous aspects of my and my husband's life. However, are the policy makers aware, did they even ask, what percentage of the population that would be?

Well, someone figured it out. If you add all the people over 65, plus everybody under 65 who is obese, has diabetes, has hypertension, is immunosuppressed, has bad asthma or any kind of breathing disorder, kidney or liver disease, is on dialysis, or has any other health condition, that's 1/3 of the population. If they don't go out, don't work, don't go to restaurants and malls, what kind of upsurge in the economy could we possibly see?

Surely that isn't enough.

“Caution and chicken soup do no harm to anyone”.
Hi Duarte. :)
I like it. When in doubt, that's more or less what I do. Drink something hot, take a hot shower and hope I wake up better. Oh... and what I also do is put away my cigarettes until I get better.
Now I'm reading that nicotine may actually have preventive and therapeutic functions against C-19.
A nicotinic hypothesis for Covid-19 with preventive and therapeutic implications
One should not forget that nicotine is a drug of abuse (53) responsible for smoking addiction. Smoking has severe pathological consequences and remains a serious danger for health. Yet under controlled settings, Nicotinic agents could provide an efficient treatment for an acute infection such as Covid-19.
This is why I feel like I'm in a B-movie or a reality show that isn't getting picked up.

However, are the policy makers aware, did they even ask, what percentage of the population that would be?

Well, someone figured it out. If you add all the people over 65, plus everybody under 65 who is obese, has diabetes, has hypertension, is immunosuppressed, has bad asthma or any kind of breathing disorder, kidney or liver disease, is on dialysis, or has any other health condition, that's 1/3 of the population. If they don't go out, don't work, don't go to restaurants and malls, what kind of upsurge in the economy could we possibly see?

Surely that isn't enough.

I think it should be about half of the population because people with body mass index above 30 top 40% in the USA, in addition there must be people with some health issues and those above 65 (which have normal weight).

Besides, I think it is really bad for vulnerable or elderly people being locked away at home. Those with cardiovascular problems must do some exercise, otherwise their condition will worsen dramatically. After sitting at home for about 40 days, my aunt started having shortness of breath just because of walking through the room and being exited. Now, every single morning, she goes for a walk in the park, and it made her feel much better, though it was very difficult to start moving again. So when someone says, if you are old/sick stay at home - it is for your own good - it is very unfair to them.

Most of the world is drinking something against Coronavirus

It can be Humorous, but also tragedy on what humans believe
that can cure them,

https://www.poynter.org/fact-checki...cow-urine-and-taking-pills-to-avoid-covid-19/

https://en.radiofarda.com/a/drink-c...rus-prophetic-medicine-man-says/30565663.html

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ds-around-the-world-so-too-do-the-quack-cures

well Betadine gargles I am not sure if they can cure Coronavirus,
but at least they they provide mouth Hygiene,

but from camel and cow urine drinking to whatever human mind can imagine, ......

I don't know if i must :LOL: or :sad-2:

This thread has been viewed 695616 times.

Back