Health New Coronavirus in China

In the case of a pandemic disease like corona it’s hope for the best be prepared for the worst. Especially China but also Italy were ill prepared.
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020...ng-coronavirus-impact-is-a-race-against-time/
Now we get some overreaction to corona, quarantaine ad retraite of regions, that can cause a work wide economic depression.....stock markets and consumer trust are reacting like nervous horses.

Last edited:
I don't think it matters who spread the virus to whom in Europe. The question is how to handle the situation in the best way.
It is still unclear, for instance, if people can get this virus by breathing the contaminated air in closed spaces like airplanes, trains, office space where mechanical ventilation and air conditioning is used. This is rather a key issue, because if the virus can spread easily through air, then all recommendations about one-meter distancing are rather misleading.

" I am an epidemiologist with eight years of field experience, including time on the front lines of the isolation and quarantine efforts during the 2009 swine flu pandemic. One month ago, I was under the impression that the death reports due to COVID-19 circulation in China were giving us an unfair picture of its mortality rate. I wrote a piece saying that the death rate of an emerging disease always looks bad in the early stages of an outbreak, but is likely to drop once better data become available. After waiting for eight weeks, I am now worried that these new data — data indicating that the virus has a low fatality rate — may not arrive.

For now, Americans need to prepare themselves that the next 12 months are going to look very different. Vacations may have to be canceled. Social interactions will look different. And risk management is something we’re going to have to think about every morning when we wake up. The coronavirus epidemic is not going to extinguish itself. It is not in another country. It is not just the cold and flu. And it is not going away."
Maciej F. Boni is as associate professor of biology at Pennsylvania State University

" I am an epidemiologist with eight years of field experience, including time on the front lines of the isolation and quarantine efforts during the 2009 swine flu pandemic. One month ago, I was under the impression that the death reports due to COVID-19 circulation in China were giving us an unfair picture of its mortality rate. I wrote a piece saying that the death rate of an emerging disease always looks bad in the early stages of an outbreak, but is likely to drop once better data become available. After waiting for eight weeks, I am now worried that these new data — data indicating that the virus has a low fatality rate — may not arrive.

For now, Americans need to prepare themselves that the next 12 months are going to look very different. Vacations may have to be canceled. Social interactions will look different. And risk management is something we’re going to have to think about every morning when we wake up. The coronavirus epidemic is not going to extinguish itself. It is not in another country. It is not just the cold and flu. And it is not going away."
Maciej F. Boni is as associate professor of biology at Pennsylvania State University

No reason for panic IMO, this analysis is very sober and accurat:

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/03/coronavirus-ten-reasons-not-to-panic/

The message I shared from the Governor of Puglia was misinterpreted by some, (many Apulians are blunt) :)

He wasn’t blaming anybody.

What he was really saying was that if you had been in the red zone area, you might be a carrier and if you care about your family and neighbors, don’t come, or go back if on your way, so you don’t make them sick and increase the spread.

Banana Republic! Italians spread the virus in US and Europe.

EDITED the .....

...... Republic! ..... spread the virus in US and Europe.

you’re drinking way too much kool aid,

... Monday morning Quarterbacking.

Last edited:
Health care system is very good in Northern Italy, so hopefully they will manage to provide ICU help to most serious cases.
I don't think it is fair to blame Italy, the rapid spread of coronavirus might have happened in any other European country.
Italy's numbers are high because they report all cases/fatalities transparently, not like in China, where we might never find out about the real scale of the tragedy in the hardest hit Wuhan city.

I hope so.
It is difficult to judge what actions to take and what not.
One has to be carefull, but sometimes the consequences of the precautions taken may be more harmfull than the disease itself.
There is simply not enough information.

Common sense is to test those who have symptoms and put them in quarantaine.
In China, they have put their whole economy to a standstill for a couple of weeks.
It seems to have stopped further spreading.

Yep the easiest way to an economic shut down.......

The "Whuan way" is:
- first 'allow' trade and eating unhygienic meat;
- don't react adequate when corona pops up;
- total lack of hospital capacity;
- rely on the ultimum remedium: shut down of society, and set up drones against the people.

And the Italians now facing the same thing (except step 1). Total shut down, especially in the economic heart.

The effect: world wide economic crisis.

Things are going fast here (Netherlands, like in Belgium?) but I hope that we can handle this, 'on the paper' the government is prepared.....but in practice?

Health care system is very good in Northern Italy, so hopefully they will manage to provide ICU help to most serious cases.
I don't think it is fair to blame Italy, the rapid spread of coronavirus might have happened in any other European country.
Italy's numbers are high because they report all cases/fatalities transparently, not like in China, where we might never find out about the real scale of the tragedy in the hardest hit Wuhan city.

Not the health care as such but if a country is prepared to such a pandemic situation, that's indeed the question. Italy (like China before) was simply ill prepared... Let's hope most countries have learned from it, but I guess the lessons had to be learned before....time is short....now it's overcomes many countries, unfortunately.

See:
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020...ng-coronavirus-impact-is-a-race-against-time/

and
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/02/these-are-the-countries-best-prepared-for-health-emergencies/

Shutdown all over the country starting from tomorrow morning.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51810673

strange enough yesterday they let all the tourist go back home from the area that was already in quarantaine
without even checking their temperature

some left by car across the Brenner pass, others by plane
2 airplanes from Milan landed in Brussels, even there upon arrival the temperature of the passengers was not checked

Right on cue, Italian prisoners riot all across Italy:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/italy-prison-flames-coronavirus-lockdown-114217079.html

Some of them escape but are recaptured.

Right on cue, the comment section is filled with retarded t-rolls:

I wonder if they are fake-Jewish crypto-racists that undermine the readers, or actually racist Israeli ethno-nationalists. Looks like A(pricity)nthrogenica.

Just look at this guy and some of his older posts:

VXARBnf.png

Right on cue, the comment section is filled with retarded t-rolls:

I wonder if they are fake-Jewish crypto-racists that undermine the readers, or actually racist Israeli ethno-nationalists. Looks like A(pricity)nthrogenica.

Just look at this guy and some of his older posts:

VXARBnf.png

Oh, all of those are probably Russian and Chinese Bots. I never read the comments on Yahoo because they have the weakest anti bot measures. Too easy to create yahoo accounts via automated scripts.

Oh, all of those are probably Russian and Chinese Bots. I never read the comments on Yahoo because they have the weakest anti bot measures. Too easy to create yahoo accounts via automated scripts.

Bots are possible too.

Some of them are probably domestic as well, created by fringe-groups with a variety of agendas.

Some bots are "well made", and pretty hard to discern if they are real people or not. Only when they "out" themselves, by posting links to external sites, does it become more obvious.

Bots are possible too.

Some of them are probably domestic as well, created by fringe-groups with a variety of agendas.

Some bots are "well made", and pretty hard to discern if they are real people or not. Only when they "out" themselves, by posting links to external sites, does it become more obvious.

'Mad dogs' are everywhere Jovialis but as bicicleur points out some governments seem not to be able to handle this situation. The Chinese were ill prepared but they are able to take draconian measures because they have a despotic regime. I remember the images of an old woman, she was corrected by a drone ('don't forget to wash your hands.....) my goodness:
https://abcnews.go.com/International/video/china-deploys-drones-combat-coronavirus-outbreak-68745565

In Italy they also have to deal with an ill prepared care system. So it got out of their hands. The hospital capacity isn't enough etc etc.

Meanwhile this can have bad repercussions for the world economy. No good trade etc when there are complete shutdowns, quarantaines and retraites.

It's not a matter of pointing with fingers but when governments fail we see a (worldwide) social and economic disaster. When better prepared there was no need for this.....what lessons can we draw?

This whole crisis pointed out couple of things (beside the fact that Trump is incompetent). We cannot be dependent on China for our drugs or our healthcare supplies. The factories shut down because of the coronavirus and they were using the masks for their own needs so they were very few for us. Imagine if they were doing it because of malice or to use it for trade sanctions. As a country we need to identify critical areas that we cannot be dependent on others to supply. Strategically, we cannot be dependent on others for critical parts and supplies.

regardless of actions and opinions, I wouldn’t omit a step by failing to say from where the virus got to Europe.

some advice from an affected area:

... Stay Home, go out only to get food and pharmaceutical supplies, as in compliance with the anti-contagion rules, that is, with mask to protect mouth and nose, and keeping 1 meter safety distance,

Elderly and Children must NOT go out at all Absolutely.

Children must NOT stay with Grandparents.

If anyone has symptoms of the flu, fever or cough - they must remain at home (Absolutely) and must NOT go to the Hospital, but must contact the Doctor by phone.

If someone comes from a positive-zone or suspected of being at risk, must self-quarantine for 14 days and the same applies to the family members.

This thread has been viewed 692765 times.

Back