Health New Coronavirus in China

I guess in Europe the common sense is enough not to go with Chinese totalitarianism. It doesn't correspond with the European kind of democracy. I have a deeply trust in that.

Urgent Messages from Italians in Coronavirus Quarantine:

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

According to my Argentinian doctor friend that did his residency at the Mayo Clinic, Cuban doctors are excellent. You actually don't have to go to Harvard to be a good doctor.

Are you sure about it? I wander why Cuban doctors who immigrate to USA are not allowed to work in medical field without going to USA curriculum? I did not know that Cubans have the advanced technology to support medicine? I wander how the world medical students have not noticed the Excellency of Cuban schools, but still go to Harvard

Are you sure about it? I wander why Cuban doctors who immigrate to USA are not allowed to work in medical field without going to USA curriculum? I did not know that Cubans have the advanced technology to support medicine? I wander how the world medical students have not noticed the Excellency of Cuban schools, but still go to Harvard

Everybody has to take the boards in their specialty. Some redo their residency or fellowship.

Cuban doctors were widely praised and appreciated here in Brazil when they were working en masse in the country until late 2018. The thing is that they provide mostly basic healthcare services and family healthcare, which avoids a lot of more complex and expensive services if it's done right, and they really seem to be excellent at that. They are also known as very attentive, friendly, approachable and very caring, so that humane treatment of patients also earned them the good will and praise of poorer people, most of whom live in small towns where few or no doctors were willing to work in before (Brazil doesn't have a scarcity of doctors, though it could well be better if it had more doctors, but the vast majority are concentrated in the more developed cities and regions). So, I don't think Cubans must have excellent results in more complex fields of medicine, but basic healthcare is something they are good at.

On its own, the Brazilian private sector begins to reconvert the industry.

The great challenge of the Brazilian economy is the war effort for the reconversion, that is, for the capacity of the Brazilian industry to add efforts to the manufacture of the equipment necessary for the coronavirus war.

This movement has already started, coordinated by the Brazilian Association of the Industry of Medical and Dental Equipment with the adhesion of large industrial associations and companies. The reconversion work involves production, logistical and engineering efforts. However, a large industrial chain was quickly assembled to ease the situation in the shortest possible time.

The Brazilian Association of Machinery and Equipment Industry has made its park available. The big automakers, Fiat and GM, the Embraer, aircraft manufacturer and other giants, made their entire technical staff, production processes and logistical capacity available to medical device companies. This has greatly expanded the capacity of the current factories of medical equipaments to gain scalability and national coverage.

According to Franco Palamolla, president of the Brazilian Association of the Industry of Medical and Dental Equipment there are dozens of groups, not only in the industry, but involving biomedical engineering, engineering nucleus, research centers (such as Coppe) looking for other alternatives for rapid development, such as modeling through 3D printers.

The priority is two types of product:

1) The disposable masks and aprons, to protect healthcare professionals. We have to increase brutally. Brazil has productive capacity, but no one can handle the increased demand. At the height of the crisis, China bought our production. Some companies in the area of ​​ knitwear industry and clothing are entering in the pool of industries and soon the production will start to skyrocket.

2) Pulmonary respirators. Coronavirus generates severe pneumonia. The patient who has to go to the semi-intensive care, needing to be ventilated. Production requires a lot of mechanical and pneumatic and electronics things - which Brazil has. However, adding efforts, says Franco, it is possible that other sectors will start to make available the pieces necessary for the manufacture of respirators.

This effort has no central coordination, says Franco. There is the relevant work of the Ministry of Health, identifying the demands and signaling the directions to the private sector to act. “The groups are formed. So we put the information to work and get it right with other business sectors ”.

"It is a solidarity effort that I have never seen in Brazil," he says.

It is not an easy challenge. No country has the productive capacity to support the sector's explosive demand, neither the United States nor Europe combined. At the epicenter of the crisis, China had to close exports, domestic capacity was not enough and it even imported products from Brazil. Then it undertook a massive reconversion effort, just like Japan, while Europe and the USA faltered - now they have entered the war.

Data from U.S. patients. Iceland's results show 50% of infected are asymptomatic. Let's hope it's even higher, because otherwise I don't see how hospitals can ever stand up under the strain.

4o93SkQ.png

This is why there are so many unresolved cases in all the statistics from every country: people are still on ventilators, unable to be weaned off, after three weeks. It's also why so many ventilators are needed: people just stay on them for weeks.

So, what are the doctors doing? No new patient over 70, for now, is being intubated, which means they're being left to die, essentially. If this doesn't get under control, will it be 60, or 50?

They're in this limbo, without contact with their families. If they die they also die alone.

I'm without words.

On its own, the Brazilian private sector begins to reconvert the industry.

The great challenge of the Brazilian economy is the war effort for the reconversion, that is, for the capacity of the Brazilian industry to add efforts to the manufacture of the equipment necessary for the coronavirus war.

This movement has already started, coordinated by the Brazilian Association of the Industry of Medical and Dental Equipment with the adhesion of large industrial associations and companies. The reconversion work involves production, logistical and engineering efforts. However, a large industrial chain was quickly assembled to ease the situation in the shortest possible time.

The Brazilian Association of Machinery and Equipment Industry has made its park available. The big automakers, Fiat and GM, the Embraer, aircraft manufacturer and other giants, made their entire technical staff, production processes and logistical capacity available to medical device companies. This has greatly expanded the capacity of the current factories of medical equipaments to gain scalability and national coverage.

According to Franco Palamolla, president of the Brazilian Association of the Industry of Medical and Dental Equipment there are dozens of groups, not only in the industry, but involving biomedical engineering, engineering nucleus, research centers (such as Coppe) looking for other alternatives for rapid development, such as modeling through 3D printers.

The priority is two types of product:

1) The disposable masks and aprons, to protect healthcare professionals. We have to increase brutally. Brazil has productive capacity, but no one can handle the increased demand. At the height of the crisis, China bought our production. Some companies in the area of ​​ knitwear industry and clothing are entering in the pool of industries and soon the production will start to skyrocket.

2) Pulmonary respirators. Coronavirus generates severe pneumonia. The patient who has to go to the semi-intensive care, needing to be ventilated. Production requires a lot of mechanical and pneumatic and electronics things - which Brazil has. However, adding efforts, says Franco, it is possible that other sectors will start to make available the pieces necessary for the manufacture of respirators.

This effort has no central coordination, says Franco. There is the relevant work of the Ministry of Health, identifying the demands and signaling the directions to the private sector to act. “The groups are formed. So we put the information to work and get it right with other business sectors ”.

"It is a solidarity effort that I have never seen in Brazil," he says.

It is not an easy challenge. No country has the productive capacity to support the sector's explosive demand, neither the United States nor Europe combined. At the epicenter of the crisis, China had to close exports, domestic capacity was not enough and it even imported products from Brazil. Then it undertook a massive reconversion effort, just like Japan, while Europe and the USA faltered - now they have entered the war.

Ambev, Brazilian beverage multinational, owner of brands such as Budweiser, Stella-Artois, Corona (not the virus, of course, but beer), Quilmes, Miller, Gatorade, Pepsi, is now also the largest producer of alcohol gel in Brazil:

DylsP60.jpg

Last edited:
The last speech of Pedro Sánchez by t.v. it was very long, excessively long, he must have been tired if we consider the responsibility behind his back every day, then and there are a few seconds where he makes a resignation, due to exhaustion, due to his efforts to give viewers confidence in In relation to obsessing about trying to eliminate it particularly from any surface etc, in short he said without reading in the cue at a time when he looked down and it was as if he was talking to someone close to him he said referring to the virus:

It's everywhere

He resumed the speech without stopping speaking, blah, blah, blah, but what I mean was a lapse of time where his subconscious betrays him.

A virus that is everywhere is a virus that has been spread and it is impossible that the number of infected people could have done it because they are not everywhere.

It was only a matter of time:

... the Town left a message, ... multiple confirmed cases,

the usual bla bla bla and restrictions on non essential biz,

optional stay home request, for now!

We've been preparing for some time,

We’re ready!
:giggle:

It was only a matter of time:

... the Town left a message, ... multiple confirmed cases,

the usual bla bla bla and restrictions on non essential biz,

optional stay home request, for now!

We've been preparing for some time,

We’re ready!
:giggle:

And NEXT WEEK is the US back on track!

And NEXT WEEK is the US back on track!

We never had any expectation that the Government would fix everything.

The government intervened to facilitate and to draw a guideline.

That's pretty much it.

It’s up to We the People!

Fresh stats for COVID-19 growth rate 24.03.2020, every line represents one day:

ESt05F6.jpg

That's pretty much it.

50,000 died from the flu this year alone. In a way it is better that healthy people are exposed, and get over it. Older people, and those with health issues should remain isolated. But it is up to the rest of us to keep the country from going into another Great Depression.

I heard they will have a swab-test soon. Once testing becomes more accessible, I would like to see if I had it already. If so, I will do my part in donating blood, to help create a vaccine.

That's pretty much it.

That's the right spirit. But IMO the respons to a devastating virus, way worse than the flu, it isn't only about we the people....

The Northern Italians have that spirit too, no doubts, but are in a apocalyptic situation right now:sad2:

50,000 died from the flu this year alone. In a way it is better that healthy people are exposed, and get over it. Older people, and those with health issues should remain isolated. But it is up to the rest of us to keep the country from going into another Great Depression.

I heard they will have a swab-test soon. Once testing becomes more accessible, I would like to see if I had it already. If so, I will do my part in donating blood, to help create a vaccine.

New blood tests for antibodies could show true scale of coronavirus pandemic

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/202...es-could-show-true-scale-coronavirus-pandemic

New blood tests for antibodies could show true scale of coronavirus pandemic

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/202...es-could-show-true-scale-coronavirus-pandemic

How many COVID-19 cases have gone undetected? And are those who had mild cases of the disease—perhaps so mild they dismissed it as a cold or allergies—immune to new infections? If so, they could slow the spread of the burgeoning pandemic.

I wonder if I even have/had it already. I took many flights, and went to many conferences during the last few months. Perhaps I could have been asymptomatic, and have gotten over it. I'm 34 and in good health.

I came down with what the doctor said was allergies after my trip to Miami in mid-January. But was over it in a week. Though I didn't have a cough, or fever, from what I recall.

How many COVID-19 cases have gone undetected? And are those who had mild cases of the disease—perhaps so mild they dismissed it as a cold or allergies—immune to new infections? If so, they could slow the spread of the burgeoning pandemic.

Absolute true Jovialis. Most are mild....most....but not all, there are many many severe cases, enough to cause a tremendous claim on health care.

Absolute true Jovialis. Most are mild....most....but not all, there are many many severe cases, enough to cause a tremendous claim on health care.

Indeed, the healthcare system should be prioritized for these particular cases.

This thread has been viewed 692704 times.

Back