Health New Coronavirus in China

Couple points:

In the U.S. our Center for Disease Control came out either today or yesterday with a statement saying they had been over-emphasizing the significance of viral transfer through surface contact. Knew it! I was going to make a comment on this thread about this very subject but I didn't want to get dinged for "non-scientific" contribution. In fact I had even finished typing it out but did not post because I didn't want to raise a ruckus. I won't do that again. My observational skills are solid enough that I will put them out in the future... they have value and might even help people.

Covid 19 is primarily a respiratory disease and the most common vector of transfer will be shown to be shared breathing areas. It's common sense. I encourage everyone to continue to wash hands, spray bottom of shoes, spritz groceries when bringing them into the house... BUT this is a breathing thing. What do airplanes, passenger ships, jails, old folks homes have in common?-- SHARED AIR.

Wish we would have been told this minor tidbit (sarcasm) earlier by the authorities. I guess I can't blame them because releasing such grim news initially could have caused real panic, on a global scale even-- and this obviously would be more deadly than the virus. Herds of people moving out of their apartment buildings in Chicago, London, Moscow, etc.-- in February-- and then sleeping in a van... down by the river... not good.

Anyway, we all know now. For weeks if not months I have been opening every door and uncovering all through building portals at work (I'm usually one of the first on site) because I figured intuitively fresh air circulation would be kryptonite to Corona. To date, we've had no Covid spread through our project. Of note though is that project Superintendent also provided 10 gallons of industrial sanitizer/hand soap (73% alcohol ) for all to use and this probably helped too.

-----------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------

Secondly, I heard a young doctor being interviewed on the radio when I was flipping through the channels. I will try to include his name on an edit, but his insight is brilliant so I will go with what I have now... he is on the front lines and he and his teams are starting to have huge success because they realized you have to separate Covid the disease from the body's natural response.

Mystery doctor said the first week of a patient's stay is all about helping the patient breath successfully. Focus on the lungs. get them past crucial infection. However, during the second week of the patient's fight... all gears must switches over to knocking down patient's immune system, because invariable it will be out -of -whack. He said it is completely counter-intuitive, but week two is spent shutting down immune system because of the resulting cytokine storm left behind by the initial viral hordes.

As soon as I heard this, it instantly made sense. This is why CQ would be helpful to patients who take it EARLY. CQ is used in Lupus because Lupus is basically an auto-immunity thing... body attacking itself... and CQ (when paired with zinc) for whatever reason knocks down immune system glitches. Especially helps with inflammation. Also, when someone has Lupus, they are looking at talking 400 mg. of CQ a day, then when Lupus is stable (usually after a number of years) it can drop to 200 mg. a day. With Covid, the first day on CQ is a "Loading Day" and you take 60 mg. After that, the typical dose drops to 40 mg. a day. This is a small fraction of what someone on Lupus takes.

Starting today, Thursday, what are we doing, 28, can it be? The use of the mask in closed places and on the street will be mandatory if you are less than two meters from anyone. In all of Spain, whether it is a small, medium or large region, whether the region is in the north, south or east or west, everyone wearing a mask.

https://www.elconfidencial.com/espa...obligatorias-coronavirus-excepciones_2600695/

el-boe-regula-las-mascarillas-obligatorias-en-que-casos-usarla-y-cuales-son-las-excepciones.jpg

A child protected with a mask goes for a walk in Valladolid (EFE)

^^Good for Spain.

In the U.S. two Protestant churches which reopened are closing again due to an outbreak of Covid 19. This is despite the fact that they say they maintained social distancing rules.
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...-churches-forced-to-reclose-after-leaders-and

It's like the outbreak in nightclubs in South Korea.

Large gatherings indoors are just a no-no.

I personally think these people rushing to get to gyms and bars are nuts.

It might work out for a while if you're in an area where there wasn't much seeding of the virus in the first place, but if all areas are doing it won't it inevitably migrate in?

Denmark introduces drive-in concerts. Well, it's better than nothing.

Meet the Anti-Mask League, formed in the USA during the Spanish Flu

MrdN7pO.jpg

The world was taken by a pandemic, with thousands of deaths and millions of infected.
But while scientists, authorities and health professionals recommend the use of protective equipment and social detachment, a group of people begins to deny the efficiency of these measures, and acts against all indications.This paragraph would serve to describe the current covid-19 pandemic - and the various denialist groups in the USA, Brazil and so many other countries that refuse to follow the guidelines of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the respective local health agencies. . But it also summarizes the case of the Anti-Mask League, which was formed in the city of San Francisco in the middle of Spanish Flu.

This story begins in October 1918. The first flu cases in San Francisco had appeared in the previous month, and the city, which had 500,000 inhabitants, quickly reached 2,000 infected. It wasn't long before the authorities recommended that people stay at home and avoid crowds.

Over time, businesses closed and the use of the mask became mandatory - the campaigns were incisive. The United States fought in the First World War, and the government associated the masks with a patriotic, defensive attitude towards the country. One of the Red Cross posters at the time said: "Coughing and sneezing spread disease, something as dangerous as poisonous gas: the spread of Spanish flu threatens our war production."

Although some people complained about wearing masks to take to the streets, the authorities did not turn a blind eye: the fine for those who were unprotected ranged from US $ 5 to US $ 10 (US $ 85 to US $ 170, in current values). Not even the mayor, James Rolph, escaped: in a photo published in the newspaper, he and other public officials appeared without the masks, and the police chief fined Rolph $ 50.

The rigid measures worked: it is estimated that 80% of the residents wore masks. Shortly thereafter, on November 21, San Francisco revoked the mandatory protection. People went back to their routines of going to work, to parks, to cinemas - and there came the second wave of the epidemic.

KyqFqt5.jpg

The League is born

The Spanish Flu - which, despite its name, probably appeared in the USA - happened in three waves, and the second was the most severe. In total, the pandemic has killed at least 50 million people (some estimate twice as much), as well as infecting a third of the global population. It claimed more victims than the two World Wars, the Vietnam War and the Korean War - together.

With the situation getting worse, in January, the city of San Francisco went back and forced, again, the use of masks - which left some residents dissatisfied.

Here, contextualization is worthwhile. In addition to the First World War and the pandemic, San Francisco was also recovering from another catastrophe: the historic 1906 earthquake, which happened in the San Andreas fault. The earthquake, which became known as the Great San Francisco Earthquake, was devastating. It reached eight degrees on the Richter scale (the highest ever in the country) and killed thousands of people.

With so many misfortunes happening in succession, it is easy to understand the discontent and lack of faith on the part of the population. When the mask rule came back, some people immediately thought, "Why, if it didn't work the first time, why are they going to force us to wear it again?" The Anti-Mask League was born there.

The group's first meeting brought together more than two thousand people. It was chaired by Emma Harrington, a deputy who, in 1911, was the first woman in town to vote. The meetings continued throughout the month - in one, more than 4,500 people gathered to protest the mayor and the secretary of health, Dr. William C. Hassler.

They argued that wearing masks was a burden, and questioned science about their effectiveness. In addition, they said that there were other more serious problems, such as the unemployment of soldiers who returned from the war, and that deserved more attention.

According to The Guardian, they even sent a bomb to Hassler. The address, fortunately, was wrong, and no one was hurt.

Despite this, the authorities chose to ignore the movement. The League, after all, never managed to define its bases - some wanted to create a petition for the masks to be revoked; others just called for Hassler's resignation.

In the end, they did not achieve any of this. Records show that on January 15, 1919 - the day before the second mask decree, - San Francisco recorded 510 new cases of flu and 50 deaths. Eleven days later, those numbers had dropped to 12 cases and four deaths. Harrington soon left the League command, and the new commander dissolved her. Point to science.

http://a.msn.com/01/pt-br/BB14tzqu?ocid=sw

Two new clusters in Germany: a church and a restaurant.

Does anyone know more about the church outbreak? Were they wearing masks? If they were that's a very bad sign that they're not completely protecting people. Maybe if you're singing the virus leaks out?

What a horror; no more singing together for the foreseeable future?

The three C's to preventing infection:
https://twitter.com/nataliexdean/status/1264379008348762113/photo/1

What on earth is going to happen to restaurants and all the waiters, bartenders etc. who used to work in them.

Leave it to the French to try to come up with a solution, but believe me, much as I miss my lunches with friends, or a Saturday night out with another couple, honestly I'd rather stay home. Plus, where is the "dirty" air going, and how often do they clean down the insides of those plastic shields?

visiere-restp.jpg

High level British official broke stay at home rules. This is the kind of thing which infuriates me: people who feel so entitled, so special, that they can break the rules and endanger other people.

Just saw something on the net about a New York City college student doing a semester abroad in Spain who got it, running a 104 temp, whose parents wired him money to fly home, and apparently because he took aspirin to knock down the screeners the airport people didn't detect a temp. He was on a plane with recycled air, waiting around on crowded lines and crowded spaces in the airport.

JUST AWFUL. What, his parents thought Spain was incompetent to treat him. He had to come home even if he infected hundreds of people???

Does anyone know more about the church outbreak? Were they wearing masks? If they were that's a very bad sign that they're not completely protecting people. Maybe if you're singing the virus leaks out?
the German authorities are investigating this
they suspect the rules were broken, especially in the restaurant

when more activities are allowed, this kind of detecting and screening is essential

What on earth is going to happen to restaurants and all the waiters, bartenders etc. who used to work in them.

Leave it to the French to try to come up with a solution, but believe me, much as I miss my lunches with friends, or a Saturday night out with another couple, honestly I'd rather stay home. Plus, where is the "dirty" air going, and how often do they clean down the insides of those plastic shields?

visiere-restp.jpg

very cosy, very romantic ..

the German authorities are investigating this
they suspect the rules were broken, especially in the restaurant
when more activities are allowed, this kind of detecting and screening is essential

do not people realise that religious gathering are far worse than eating in a restaurant ................religious gatherings are still banned in Australia

do not people realise that religious gathering are far worse than eating in a restaurant ................religious gatherings are still banned in Australia

We know you hate religion. Do you have to drag it into every freaking discussion on this thread????

Who the hell says it's worse than eating in a restaurant? You? There's a cluster in both places. What about gyms. Are they open? They shouldn't be. What about nail salons. That's how the northern west coast cluster started.

How about a sporting event, a chorale society practice, a crowded office? All sites, btw, of major clusters around the world.

Why not focus on something that's actually helpful, like were people wearing masks in the church; were waiters wearing masks? Was distancing appropriate in both the restaurant and the church. Had the ducts been sanitized?

This is the problem with people with agendas no matter the topic. Useful information is not followed up because people are content to trumpet their biases.

^^You keep posting information which is patently false and also incendiary and provocative against other groups and you're out of here.

Take it to heart because this is your last warning.

The US has banned all flights to and from Brazil. Sorry @Duarte, you can't come and visit.:bored:

The US has banned all flights to and from Brazil. Sorry @Duarte, you can't come and visit.:bored:

Unfortunately, Bigsnake. I have a close friend in Florida. I can’t visit him and he can’t visit me. But Trump is right. One of his missions is to protect the health of Americans. We have a crazy President that don’t worry with our health. If our destiny is die alone under a crazy leader, so be it. I have lost my hopes.
Cheers dear friend :sad-2:

Unfortunately, Bigsnake. I have a close friend in Florida. I can’t visit him and he can’t visit me. But Trump is right. One of his missions is to protect the health of Americans. We have a crazy President that don’t worry with our health. If our destiny is die alone under a crazy leader, so be it. I have lost my hopes.
Cheers dear friend :sad-2:

... maybe you’re better off in Brazil, coming to the US right now is Insane,

in a few hours the US will reach the 100.000 Covid-19 related deaths terrible milestone.

... it’s not over yet ...

... maybe you’re better off in Brazil, coming to the US right now is Insane,

in a few hours the US will reach the 100.000 Covid-19 related deaths terrible milestone.

... it’s not over yet ...

Dear friend Salento.
Everything seems insane to me right now. I believe that I am living a nightmare. Sometimes I see in Eupedia an escape valve that makes me forget these difficult days a little. Maybe I was already a little crazy if I couldn't come here read the posts on the threads. But my days have been so, alternating between hope and sadness. I wish I had inherited my mother's faith and and be able to believe that better days will come.
Big hug dear friend.

"Sweden has now the highest #covid19 fatality rate per million population of the world."
Regardless of their public pronouncements it seems that Sweden is following the "herd immunity" approach. I think that's also evidenced by the fact that parents are reporting that they are being threatened with fines and removal of their children if they don't send them to school.
Perhaps they find it acceptable because the people severely ill or dying are concentrated among the elderly and the migrant communities.
I personally find it heartless, but it's their government, their choice.
My Swedish friend told me that they also count deaths in elderly homes, not only hospitals. They have rules but no police, they trust in people obeying the rules. It is their culture.

Ban on non-essential gatherings of more than 100 people was imposed by the Morrison government back in March. From about a week ago, places of worship and community facilities, like libraries, are also allowed up to 20 people inside.

What a horror; no more singing together for the foreseeable future?

The three C's to preventing infection:
https://twitter.com/nataliexdean/status/1264379008348762113/photo/1

visiere-restp.jpg

High level British official broke stay at home rules. This is the kind of thing which infuriates me: people who feel so entitled, so special, that they can break the rules and endanger other people.

Just saw something on the net about a New York City college student doing a semester abroad in Spain who got it, running a 104 temp, whose parents wired him money to fly home, and apparently because he took aspirin to knock down the screeners the airport people didn't detect a temp. He was on a plane with recycled air, waiting around on crowded lines and crowded spaces in the airport.

JUST AWFUL. What, his parents thought Spain was incompetent to treat him. He had to come home even if he infected hundreds of people???

No one wants to go. In Australia, beauty salons can open back up, and pubs and cafes in regional or rural areas with no cases are able to seat up to 20 people. Open homes will also be allowed.

Dear friend Salento.
Everything seems insane to me right now. I believe that I am living a nightmare. Sometimes I see in Eupedia an escape valve that makes me forget these difficult days a little. Maybe I was already a little crazy if I couldn't come here read the posts on the threads. But my days have been so, alternating between hope and sadness. I wish I had inherited my mother's faith and and be able to believe that better days will come.
Big hug dear friend.

Salento, Duarte, come to Lithuania - it does feel pretty safe here. 4 new cases today, and all of them related to known clusters. Some quarantine measures remain - like wearing a mask while inside, but otherwise, it is pretty good - open air games are allowed, gatherings allowed up to 300 people outside (and up to 100 inside). It is expected that most of the restrictions will be removed by July.
On the other hand, following typical progression of epidemics, it may start anew any time. And it quite likely will in autumn months. But now the days are long and it is getting warmer (at last!). I look so much for the summer.
tkNbhkFnKgKOAIf3TFPHH4BTLDxVAPNAXGxL1myPROAixDyxY80sxccPFCLFQ5NT4ht2HomJWFzJHjgXdJS7QM5FOmJWCCuo3hNxXS6I0hOFFShKxtUFsM8jpLyNmyAN0NrjHYlq8Po_PnUysgoOktMGCWYaMAMBa1omiePJhObuDQLDZddrjV9aKbEiRMod9I4674J8jVuqmZxA2SvgGQ93IQVM2190j3fb5xHAAGWwwnEKkgVipUI5DmglOidCqGOuj9gdbLf945nocYajmMmdErbMMWFOfpHOlbirV2JQ_68yQ_nRe8BtgdfInXvyYO3kSg0hl99qsHyJDWltjMZcJL1s0RhtqLLI9y_MDAIcTi3dSldw7RP_tq0Nj2kzl_scULT3VXogeUYQD10Tr1kQWkWgX36VvuCmHUQhEhlxnBQFLcAyg0zVFb_-P3xAWM3V8xDsB7gS7Gg89udKxosFFrL3Afmmec3FrkkD_bgnbMnDHTDxjBd5FYjik93FhDOsRGeQK-S5yOQYTbJ6wi-TVPRk4C29jBSxXA2Z8riMYJJD7V1BuJatuvj9xJY_DclFEREVkg6omrMpyzMRuA7NH6dqEwURua43fzK0ABG5104kp051RZZsRq83pTPAYuqU2dWgAAJTSk6W9GWVsHu-qaoLJdfTiEqofjYKpdi77MAFJH0y_QwVAL-gcw=w1262-h947-no

Salento, Duarte, come to Lithuania - it does feel pretty safe here. 4 new cases today, and all of them related to known clusters. Some quarantine measures remain - like wearing a mask while inside, but otherwise, it is pretty good - open air games are allowed, gatherings allowed up to 300 people outside (and up to 100 inside). It is expected that most of the restrictions will be removed by July.
On the other hand, following typical progression of epidemics, it may start anew any time. And it quite likely will in autumn months. But now the days are long and it is getting warmer (at last!). I look so much for the summer.
tkNbhkFnKgKOAIf3TFPHH4BTLDxVAPNAXGxL1myPROAixDyxY80sxccPFCLFQ5NT4ht2HomJWFzJHjgXdJS7QM5FOmJWCCuo3hNxXS6I0hOFFShKxtUFsM8jpLyNmyAN0NrjHYlq8Po_PnUysgoOktMGCWYaMAMBa1omiePJhObuDQLDZddrjV9aKbEiRMod9I4674J8jVuqmZxA2SvgGQ93IQVM2190j3fb5xHAAGWwwnEKkgVipUI5DmglOidCqGOuj9gdbLf945nocYajmMmdErbMMWFOfpHOlbirV2JQ_68yQ_nRe8BtgdfInXvyYO3kSg0hl99qsHyJDWltjMZcJL1s0RhtqLLI9y_MDAIcTi3dSldw7RP_tq0Nj2kzl_scULT3VXogeUYQD10Tr1kQWkWgX36VvuCmHUQhEhlxnBQFLcAyg0zVFb_-P3xAWM3V8xDsB7gS7Gg89udKxosFFrL3Afmmec3FrkkD_bgnbMnDHTDxjBd5FYjik93FhDOsRGeQK-S5yOQYTbJ6wi-TVPRk4C29jBSxXA2Z8riMYJJD7V1BuJatuvj9xJY_DclFEREVkg6omrMpyzMRuA7NH6dqEwURua43fzK0ABG5104kp051RZZsRq83pTPAYuqU2dWgAAJTSk6W9GWVsHu-qaoLJdfTiEqofjYKpdi77MAFJH0y_QwVAL-gcw=w1262-h947-no

@Dagne

Thank you very much for the invitation Dagne. In Europe, I don't know the Baltic Countries, Scandinavia and Russia. Here in Brazil, travel agencies organize this tour, which also passes through St. Petersburg and ends in Moscow. If it weren't for the pandemic, this would be the next outing my wife and I would like to do. Our son doesn't like to accompany us anymore. But I will wait for the pandemic to cool down in Brazil. Today, I cannot help recognizing that any Brazilian is a potential danger anywhere in the world. I can be, for example, an asymptomatic carrier and be a very big risk for people in the risk group. Thank you for your kindness, Dagne. It would be a great satisfaction for me to get to know Lithuania.
Cheers :)

This thread has been viewed 692697 times.

Back