Health New Coronavirus in China

I'm starting to wonder if the kind of "total lockdowns" they did in certain parts of Europe made it worse. You keep people enclosed inside together. They give it to each other, the national or regional numbers go down, you loosen restrictions, and they go out and give it to other people, some of whom will have bad outcomes based on a host of factors.

Maybe it's a case of, you don't believe anything coming out of China, at the first hint of a new virus there you close down all international travel (which the WHO said not to do), you mask everyone (which the WHO said not to do), you contact trace the hell out of every single case with the national police force doing it, not hospitals.

If you did that really early, you're in good shape. If you didn't, which none of the western democracies did, it's too late and all that's left is mitigation.

See:
https://twitter.com/zakkohane/status/1323084465602809856/photo/1

I agree with you but we got caught with our pants down in the US, we had absolutely no PPE stock and definitely no stocks of ventilators. The lockdown was necessary to avoid overwhelming the health care system. If we had actually closed the borders to China or ravelers that originated in China or had been to China or Italy or Spain and isolated others that came from Europe, mandated masks (after of course securing masks), isolating older people, banned large gatherings then we would have had a lot more of success. In the US we usually do not have multi-generational cohabitation so it would have been relatively easier to isolate the old and the young.

In summary, an association between ABO/Rh and SARS‐CoV‐2 positivity was confirmed but greatly attenuated after factoring in race/ethnicity. Future studies to evaluate the influence of race/ethnicity on COVID‐19 risk and clinical course are necessary for comprehensive assessment of the impact of blood group/Rh type on infection and disease.
https://www.rhesusnegative.net/stay...ole-of-race-and-ethnicity-in-a-female-cohort/
ajh.26019-pdf.jpg

Access the PDF file:
https://www.rhesusnegative.net/staynegative/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/ajh.26019.pdf

ajh.26019.pdf

There are superspreaders.

There are differences in susceptibility based on race.

The first will be accepted; the second won't.

Great news ! I guess herd immunity through this vaccine will take a few months in the US and in Europe little longer, maybe til summer 2021.
By the way, BioNTech is a german company founded by children of turkish immigrants, Ugur Sahin and Özlem Türeci :)

I bet most anti vaxxers voted for Trump tbh.

Oh, so the representatives of all those black organizations featured on CNN and MSNBC saying they didn't trust any vaccine developed under Trump were just fooling around?

All I know is that the suburban moms who surrounded me had to have their arms twisted to get regular vaccines for their children and some didn't do it until they realized they'd have to home school their kids if they didn't get it done. Have to say, the emergence of some of those "childhood" diseases has scared them good and proper..

They buy all the nonsense about how it causes autism etc.

They're also as liberal as they come.

For whatever reason, no matter how traditionally "female" my private life has been, I think like the men I know, not the women.

Oh, so the representatives of all those black organizations featured on CNN and MSNBC saying they didn't trust any vaccine developed under Trump were just fooling around?

All I know is that the suburban moms who surrounded me had to have their arms twisted to get regular vaccines for their children and some didn't do it until they realized they'd have to home school their kids if they didn't get it done. Have to say, the emergence of some of those "childhood" diseases has scared them good and proper..

They buy all the nonsense about how it causes autism etc.

They're also as liberal as they come.

For whatever reason, no matter how traditionally "female" my private life has been, I think like the men I know, not the women.

The antivaxxers I know are all soccer moms and in this county they vote republican as we are a staunchly republican county.

You don't actually watch any of CNN, MSNBC or Fox News, do you? That is the industry of manufactured outrage. The more out there the opinion the best, the more controversial the better. If your opinion of republicans or democrats is formed by the news channel then you need to quit watching. My wife was supposed to be on a news show, I don't remember which one and they gave her a talking point to support which ran completely opposite of what she wanted to say. Soooo they dropped her. It's like reality series except with news.

Trump always uses sneaky passive agressive racist words. So instead of saying "illegal immigrations has increased crime" he said "they're rapists", it is no brainer he has issues with hispanics and black people. And most conservatives complain about their lack of freedom of speech due to politcal correctness. One can easily comprehend that Trump says more than that behind the cameras.

Is it moral to call an entire nation of people rapists?

Trump always uses sneaky passive agressive racist words. So instead of saying "illegal immigrations has increased crime" he said "they're rapists", it is no brainer he has issues with hispanics and black people. And most conservatives complain about their lack of freedom of speech due to politcal correctness. One can easily comprehend that Trump says more than that behind the cameras.

Is it moral to call an entire nation of people rapists?

... he was talking about foreign criminals illegally crossing the US borders and the Coyotes, ...

... most antivaxxers are Libertarians, ... not to be confused with the Republicans, or the Democrats.

Perhaps people have forgotten that President elect Biden said he would have doubts about any vaccine produced during the Trump administration, and Kamala Harris said she wouldn't take it?

What amazes me is how certain facts just get buried.

... the Town offered free drive-thru testing to all Residents at the main Fire Station, ... and now ... waiting game :grin:

... the Town offered free drive-thru testing to all Residents at the main Fire Station, ... and now ... waiting game :grin:

... negative 🙏 :)

Question of an ignorant like me,

concerning the numbers of spring and today, and the theory 'immune of the pack'
if there is no immune of the pack, and antibodies weaken by time, as many researches show.
the vaccine would be permanent? or every year we will make a new one?

This thread has been viewed 692765 times.

Back